Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mohammad Rafi's Son Mulls Legal Action Against Lata Mangeshkar

, Mohammad Rafi's son mulls legal action against Lata Mangeshkar

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mohammad Rafi's Son Mulls Legal Action Against Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammad Rafi's son mulls legal action against Lata Mangeshkar
rafian
post Sep 27 2012, 01:15 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 328

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enterta...ow/16557609.cms

News in Video:
http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/295619/lata-m...-rafis-son.html

A day after singer Lata Mangeshkar claimed in a newspaper interview that late singer Mohammed Rafi had apologised to her in writing, his son Shahid Rafi has refuted her, saying that it's was a publicity stunt and he might even take legal action.

"My father was national property. I am hurt and so are his fans. His fan following is much bigger than any other artist. If she can prove that my father had written an apology letter to her, then I am ready to apologise. But the main thing is that she should come forward and produce that letter. All I want is that the truth should come out," Shahid told reporters at a press conference.

"If that is the case, let her show the letter. My father passed away about years ago, and now she is talking about this letter? People keep valuable documents for even fifty years. Why hasn't she retained the paper which would give her dignity," he said.

Shahid said that Mangeshkar made these claims because she is insecure.

"I think this is a publicity stunt as she is insecure with the huge fan following my father has, even after his death," he said.

Shahid said that before calling the press conference, he did not feel the need to call Mangeshkar because she seemed always "busy", when he had called her up in the past.

If Mangeshkar fails to submit the letter, Shahid Rafi is contemplating legal action.

"I will wait for eight to ten days. I might take legal action, but I will have to take legal opinion regarding the same," he said.

Shahid said that Mangeshkar is a good singer. However, by saying such things like she had grudges when she started singing with his father, she is sending a wrong message to the younger generation.

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rafian
post Sep 27 2012, 02:46 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 328

In contrast good comments from Lata about Rafi:
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/music/article528270.ece

As Mohammed Rafi's 30th death anniversary comes up on July 31, melody queen Lata Mangeshkar pays a personal tribute to one of India's greatest playback singers.

Rafi bhaiya was not only India's greatest playback singer but also a wonderful person. I am yet to come across another artist so modest, dignified and unassuming. The blessings of Goddess Saraswati were with him and this was responsible to a great extent for his iconic success and he believed in true sadhna. Every morning he practised his riyaz like a devoted singer and rehearsed before recording each song.

Household name

Suhani raat dhal chuki in “Dulari”, tuned by Naushad saab, made him a household name in the late 1940s.Since then there was no looking back for Mohd. Rafi.He went from strength to strength as a singer never conscious of his amazing abilities. While raising his voice to the highest octave for O Duniya Ke Rakhwale in “Baiju Bawra”, he was so involved that he was not even aware that his vocal chord was disturbed and blood oozed out. Naushad saab had to compel his musicians and the sound recordist to stop the recording with immediate effect.

He was not only cordial but affectionate and cooperative with his colleagues. I consider myself very lucky for having sung the maximum number of duets with him under Naushad, C. Ramchandra, S.D. Burman, Shanker-Jaikishan, Salil Chowdhury, Madan Mohan, R.D. Burman, Laxmikant-Pyarelal and Kalyanji-Anandji. Even other talented composers like Hemant Kumar, Ravi and Khayyam worked with us with resounding success. We sang so many memorable duets together. I remember Do Sitaron Ka Milan, Sau Saal Pehle, Dil Pukare, Yeh Dil Tum Bin...He was one singer whose vocal range could outclass any other singer, whether it was me, Asha, Mannada or Kishore bhaiya. Yet, he never believed in dominating the scene.

Rafi Bhaiya was very particular about lyrics. He was dead against obscenity. Salil Chowdhury, who generally did not use Rafi bhaiya, composed the haunting Tasveer teri dil mein, which we sang for “Maya”. It was the Hindi version of his Bengali master piece, Ogo aar kichu to noi. Rafi bhaiya was not getting the antara, phirun tujhe sang leke, accurately. Salilda grew impatient and showed flashes of anger, but Rafi bhaiya would not react. He politely asked Salilda to explain it to him and ultimately delivered it even better than what Salilda expected.

For top heroes

Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand, Guru Dutt, Shammi Kapoor, Manoj Kumar, Sanjeev Kumar, even Rajesh Khanna... Rafi bhaiya sang for top actors with equal ability and resounding success. The way he rendered Aye chand jise, Na mukhda mor ke and Tujhe dekha for Uttam Kumar in “Choti Si Mulakat” was mind-blowing. He was at his best rendering Teri bindya re for Amitabh Bachhan and Dard e dil for Rishi Kapoor.No wonder even music directors of the 1970s, like Bappi Lahiri and Rajesh Roshan, used his voice very effectively. I still remember him singing Dil ki kali tuned by Rajesh Roshan for “Inkar” in 1978.The female voice simply paled in comparison.

It is very wrong to say that Kishore Kumar overtook Rafi bhaiya in the early 1970s.Kishore was no doubt at his peak, but Rafi bhaiya was equally effective with Tere naam ka diwana, Gulabi aankhen, Yeh duniya yeh mehfil and Tum jo mil gaye ho. Even Kishore bhaiya never felt he was ahead of Rafi.

It's been three decades since he left us but his melodies are alive not only in my heart but in that of countless music lovers. Rafi bhaiya, Yaad na jaye beete dino ki.
+Quote Post
shrikant21120
post Oct 20 2012, 09:39 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 237

I am surprised at the lack of comments from Rafi fans on this controversial subject in this forum!

After the story has broken there seem to have been no further developments. Lata has not produced the letter, nor has shahid taken her to court. As it is more than 10 days .

QUOTE(rafian @ Sep 27 2012, 01:15 PM) *

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/enterta...ow/16557609.cms

News in Video:
http://ibnlive.in.com/videos/295619/lata-m...-rafis-son.html

A day after singer Lata Mangeshkar claimed in a newspaper interview that late singer Mohammed Rafi had apologised to her in writing, his son Shahid Rafi has refuted her, saying that it's was a publicity stunt and he might even take legal action.

"My father was national property. I am hurt and so are his fans. His fan following is much bigger than any other artist. If she can prove that my father had written an apology letter to her, then I am ready to apologise. But the main thing is that she should come forward and produce that letter. All I want is that the truth should come out," Shahid told reporters at a press conference.

"If that is the case, let her show the letter. My father passed away about years ago, and now she is talking about this letter? People keep valuable documents for even fifty years. Why hasn't she retained the paper which would give her dignity," he said.

Shahid said that Mangeshkar made these claims because she is insecure.

"I think this is a publicity stunt as she is insecure with the huge fan following my father has, even after his death," he said.

Shahid said that before calling the press conference, he did not feel the need to call Mangeshkar because she seemed always "busy", when he had called her up in the past.

If Mangeshkar fails to submit the letter, Shahid Rafi is contemplating legal action.

"I will wait for eight to ten days. I might take legal action, but I will have to take legal opinion regarding the same," he said.

Shahid said that Mangeshkar is a good singer. However, by saying such things like she had grudges when she started singing with his father, she is sending a wrong message to the younger generation.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:38 PM