Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

King Khan

, All about the one and only Shahrukh

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King Khan, All about the one and only Shahrukh
Dimple
post Aug 24 2007, 09:56 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16381

For the first time in his career, Shah Rukh Khan will strip for a scene in his upcoming film Om Shanti Om .

Years ago, when SRK was shooting Main Hoon Na with Farah Khan , he had promised her that if he ever strips before the camera, it would be for a Farah Khan film.

And now that Farah is directing Om Shanti Om for his production house Red Chillies Entertainment, SRK has fulfilled his promise.

SRK and Farah made this disclosure on Karan Johar’s show Koffee With Karan. In fact, SRK went on to say that he had been building his body for his role in the film.

SRK said it was his son Aryan who made him aware that he was “fat” and needed to lose weight. Since then, SRK said, he had been working on his body and had managed to develop “four packs, two short of six packs”.

While both SRK and Farah refrained from speaking about how much SRK’s stripping scene in the film would reveal, Farah did say that SRK did not go fully monty. And she added that the audience would love the scene.

The show also featured SRK’s co-star in the film, Deepika Padukone .

"Shikwa nahin kisise, kisise gila nahin,
Naseeb mein nahin tha jo - humko mila nahin
.."

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Aug 27 2007, 10:07 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Hero No, One
Rachit Gupta

With the success of Chak De! India, Shah Rukh Khan cements his position as Bollywood’s top star

ash Raj Films’ new offering Chak De! India , with Shah Rukh Khan in the lead is, by all accounts, a hit. According to trade sources, it has generated Rs 20 crore within a week of its release in India and collections are likely to pick up in weeks to come. And that’s not counting the overseas collections that the movie will generate.

“ Chak De! lacks a mass appeal and it does not feature Shah Rukh in an avatar people usually associate him with. As a result, the film could not have been an instant hit, but critical acclaim and word-of-mouth is getting the audiences interested in SRK’s ace performance,” says Vinod Mirani, a senior trade analyst.

The fate of Chak De! is important for several reasons - it has, after the debacle of Jhoom Barabar Jhoom and the lukewarm response to Ta Ra Rum Pum , given Yash Raj Films a reason to cheer. Then there’s Shah Rukh Khan’s stellar performance in the film, which establishes beyond doubt that King Khan is here to rule. So will his professional fees currently in the range of Rs 2-8 crores shoot up even further? Unlikely, say trade analysts according to whom he may instead, demand a larger share of the overseas collection. Says Mirani, “Aware of his popularity with the NRI audience, Shah Rukh can ask for the overseas rights of his films. However, this might not be possible when he’s dealing with big production companies like YRF, as they have their own distribution channels. In such cases, Shah Rukh may take an additional charge equivalent to the film’s overseas business or demand a part of the revenue generated from music and satellite television rights.”

Close friend and colleague Sajid Khan believes that hits or misses do not affect a star as big as Shah Rukh. “Arguably he is currently the number one star in Hindi cinema and as a producer or filmmaker you can bank on his image,” says Sajid, adding that Shah Rukh is one of the most intelligent and street-smart actors in the Indian film industry. “He sticks to his strengths and works on elaborate and organised projects, making success almost inevitable.”
Before the release the common perception was that Shah Rukh, the hero of the film was himself none too convinced about whether the film would be successful. Industry-wallahs felt that it was because of his long-standing friendship with the Chopras that he agreed to be a part of the film. As it turns out, the risk seems to have paid off for both sides. Among other things, it puts to rest talks of differences between the two.

Mirani points out that SRK is intelligent enough to work with selective people. “Shah Rukh works mostly with the likes of Yash Raj,
Dharma Productions or his own companies. His biggest hits have been with these production houses and he has been smart enough to understand what works best for him,” explains Mirani.
A likely fallout of the success of the film could be that the star can charge a higher fees for any new brand endorsement deal that he signs, says adman Prahlad Kakkar who has worked with Khan.

His fees for live events could go up as well. Mohammed Morani, a veteran event organiser who has worked with SRK on numerous occasions credits the actor’s versatility as the primary reason for his popularity in live shows. “People like Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan are far better dancers than Shah Rukh, but SRK has an inimitable charm and conviction that sets him apart. Having him on stage assures us that our audiences will definitely be entertained,” elaborates Morani. According to Morani, doing such events and shows not only helps an actor financially, but also helps him build goodwill. “When people see you working hard and putting your heart in, on stage, live, they applaud your efforts. SRK always puts his heart into a performance and comes out with flying colours.”

So what is it about Shah Rukh that makes him a bigger draw than his equally successful contemporaries like Aamir and Salman Khan? Sajid Khan believes it’s Shah Rukh’s ability to connect with his audience. “Whether you are a 16-year-old schoolgirl, 20-year-old college-going boy, a 40-year-old housewife or a 45-year-old father, you still cry for Aman Mathur in Kal Ho Naa Ho or fall in love with Raj in DDLJ . SRK’s films have a universal family appeal just like Titanic, ET, Casablanca or any other classic. That’s the secret of his success,” analyses Sajid.

Although with films like Asoka, Swades and Paheli the star has shown a willingness to experiment with a variety of roles, it is the success of commercial films like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham… and Kal Ho Naa Ho where-in he plays the romantic lead that is responsible for his iconic status.
A scroll through box-office figures from the last five years suggests that SRK films lead the Bollywood bandwagon in countries like USA, UK, Canada and Africa. The rest of Europe is a smaller market, but nonetheless SRK’s demand in countries like Germany is notable.

That he has managed to create a strong presence in film production also helps. His first production company Dreamz Unlimited along with friends Juhi Chawla and Aziz Mirza gave way to Red Chillies Entertainment. While his initial ventures like Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani and Asoka didn’t do too well, the success of Chalte Chalte, Main Hoon Na , Kaal and Don changed that. Dinesh Raheja, former editor of Movie credits Shah Rukh’s filmmaking efforts by saying “SRK’s making films stems from his desire to bring about a change. Being a part of the industry he understands what can work and what is different and a star like him working in that direction is truly commendable.”

So with the success of Chak De! India and projects like Om Shanti Om generating a lot of excitement months before their release, the future for SRK is looking good. In fact, it’s looking better than ever before.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Aug 30 2007, 09:58 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

It’s all about loving SRK
24 Aug 2007, 0000 hrs IST,TNN

Everyone who has met or worked with SRK seems to loves him. Is that the secret of his super-success?

Sure, he’s the superstar of Bollywood, but it seems that Shah Rukh Khan is also top contender for the title of the nicest, most helpful guy in the industry.

Whoever has worked with him is full of praise for the star. And we don’t mean just the Karan Johars, the Farah Khans and the Preity Zintas of filmdom.

It’s every co-star, spotboy, and of course all the actors and newbies he has acted with. They rave, gush and go totally overboard when asked for a reaction to SRK.

Actor Shreyas Talpade, who has acted with the King Khan in Om Shanti Om , is one of his big fans. “I’m fortunate to have worked with Shah Rukh Khan this early in my career.

I’ve never seen a superstar like him. I had perceptions of him sitting closeted in his van, but he’s such a generous, secure actor, willing to share his time and space.

Knowing I’m from theatre, he wanted to use my inputs in the scenes we did. We would discuss each shot and improvise. I want to work with him again and again,” he says.

Arya Menon, who made her debut as one of the girls on the hockey team in Chak De! India , was totally bowled over by how welcoming SRK is towards newcomers.

“He’s awesome with newcomers. He gave us all useful tips and pointers and was very sweet to all of us. We’d all get hugs and he made us feel very at home,” she says.

Arya adds that he’s very observant of all the actors’ comfort levels on the sets. “If we felt uncomfortable, he’d notice it, even if he was a kilometre away.

He’s got a good eye for that sort of thing. He made the effort of putting us at ease even if he wasn’t in the frame. I’m told a lot of big stars don’t do that,” she says.

Anaitha Nair, another of the hockey-playing gals in Chake De! India , is also a fan. “He’s amazing, really sweet,” she told BT, “Many of us were facing the camera for the first time and he was so helpful.”

Kirron Kher, who has worked with Shah Rukh Khan on several movies — Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna, Veer-Zaara, Main Hoon Na and Devdas — confirms what Shreyas says about the Baadshah not being insecure and adds that it helps immensely when shooting.

“He’s wonderful to work with. He’s not at all insecure and doesn’t interfere in the scene. He helps build a scene, which is how things should be done. He gives very unselfish inputs. And it’s great fun to work on one of his productions. He treats you like a guest,” she says.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 4 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Interview with SRK done by a Dutch Reporter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is so special about Shahrukh Khan that millions of people adore him? What is the secret behind this charismatic individual? And how can one man deal with the pressure of having 1.5 billion dollars ride on his back and still manage to take away the worries of the common man?

Shahrukh Khan is like God for the Indian filmlovers. He has been in this indutry for more than fifteen years and has made over 50 films. He is also known as The Baadshah of Bollywood ( The King of Bollywood).

My fascinating trip begins from Heathrow airport where a driver and assistent of Khan are ready to pick me up. Once I got in the car, several do's and don'ts of the interview were explained to me. I listened to the lady and promised I would stick to the rules. In between there was a silence which I can't quite explain. Probably because I was getting nervous of the realization that in a few moments I will be meeting with a living legend and this could become one of the most important moments of my life.

It didn't took a long time before the car pulled up a driveway. When I watched out of the window I saw a beautiful house which execuded a form of simplicity and calmness ( if that is a word). I got out of the car and was walking through a long corridor which was full of life. Before I knew it, I stepped into an office that was SRK's. Behind the desk there were pictures of several films in which SRK had played the lead role. Next to his chique English Desk was a black sofa, where I got comfortable and then the assistent left. At that point of time, my heart was pounding like crazy. The thought that millions of people would be very jealous made me more nervous. The assistent of Khan returned with a nice warm cup of tea and told me that Khan was on the phone but he would be here any minute now. I took a sip of my tea and asked the assistent of how it was to work for SRK. She told me that Khan is a very nice and generous boss(employer). She also told me that he is like family and he was like a brother to her. I decided to take another sip of my tea and suddenly there he was! SRK, justl ike in the movies. He walked towards me and from that moment on I realized that this was not going to be a normal inteview.
With the poisitive aura he execuded, he literally lighted the room. All the questions that I had prepared for today were erased from my memory. The only thing on my mind at this point was SRK's entry. My conception of him was gone when he introduced himeself to me and took a seat next to me on the sofa. Hij asked me how I was and If my trip has been okay. That moment I knew he was a great open person with a big heart. Shahrukh Khan told me that he surfes the internet and has come across Bollywoodplaza and he heard positieve things about the website. Suddenly his assistent interrupted him and told him that the interview wouldnt last that long. SRK nodded and gave me a sign that I could start with the interview. I told him, that i feel that the interview has already started. He laughed and told his assistent to tell the next guests to wait for 15 more minutes. I felt honoured and that was the moment SRK really opened up and it didn't feel like I was talking to the Baadshah of Bollywood but rather it felt like it was a conversation with a good friend.

Throughout the years the name SRK has become an International brand. According to the latest research done by a University in America there is a amount of 1.5 billion dollar riding on you. That makes you in comparison to other filmindustries ( I dont know how she means this) a very important link. How do you deal with such (business)responsibility and does this effect your private life?

Every moment I am grateful to God to have given me so much happiness. It doesnt matter where I am, the love of my fans for the films in which I have played is unprecedented. It has become my duty to thank them by making more films. And yes, having 1.5 billion riding on you, makes the stakes very high but when all the people worldwide enjoy the product and nourish this makes me a very happy person. That people enjoy the outcome is more important for me than any financial aspect. Concerning my private life, I have discussed this with my family and we are very clear on this matter. I try to find a balance between my private life and my career.

You have acted in over 50 films and with all the experience you have, I wonder which film do you cherish the most and what makes this film so special?

Without a doubt, that is DDLJ. In that period I was being categorized as being a thriller/action hero because of films like Baazigar, Anjaam and Darr were released. It was Aditya Chopra who gave me the chance to play the role of a loverboy and he believed in me as an actor. This might suprise you, but I wasnt very keen to be playing in romantic flicks. It was Aditya Chopra who believed in me and advised me that the change would be good for me.

Several polls done by the media, on forums and by researchburo's say that Kajol Devgan-Mukherjee and you share a great chemistry on screen and that the two of you are a guarantee for making blockbustermovies. What makes your combination so special on screen and despite the great chemistry you two don't seem to do many films together?

Kajl and I have become really good friends after we did our first film together and we will continue to be good friends. I think we don't only work on the sets but also have a lot of fun together and when the camera's are rolling this shows on screen. The audience sees that and I guess that is our magic. And about the films, well, that matters on the stories that are offered to us and if we have the dates that the director requires. Currently, we are working on a new project by my good friend Karan Johar and we hope to start shooting soon.

The current generation sees you as their idol,the man who has put Bollywood on the map ( international level?), kept it that way and gave it something extra. Insiders say that you have replaced Mr.Bachchan and that for the time being, there isnt anyone who can take your place. What is your opinion ( view?) on this matter?

To start, I have a lot of respect for Mr. Bachchan. He is my idol. When I was young I would go to the theatre with friends just to watch his films. Amitji has brought Bollywood to an international level, and I will never be able to equal that. I do feel honoured that a lot of people say that I have followed in his footsteps, but Amitji will always be The King of Bollywood. Apart from that, there is this new generation right now trying to better the Indian filmindustry. There is a lot of talent nowadays and I hope there is someone who can follow in my footsteps very soon. Then maybe finally I can take a break... (smile)

If you wouldn't be an actor today, then what would you have become?

To be very honest, I always had the urge to be an actor. My personal situation when I was younger made sure the hunger to be in films grew bigger. And honestly I would not want to discuss that further. What I do want to say is that, everything I am today is because of my mom. Till her last breath she stood by me and helped me through hard times. She believed in me.

These days several media claim that there is a cold war between the two of you. How much of this is true? And now with the announcements of Temptations 2008 and The unforgettable tour and that too around the same time, there are more speculations now....

To clear the air completely, there is no cold war between me and Amitji. I have a lot of respect for the things Amitji has accomplished in the filmindustry. I will always have a lot of respect for him and I am a big fan of him. It is purely coincidental and maybe slightly uncomfortable that Wizcraft decided to plan their tour at the same time as The Moorani's, but these are aspects I can better leave for them.

Because of the short time we have left I will ask you a few short question that you have to answer with yes or no. It is a little bit like KBC, but then without and lifelines. Are you ready...?

ha ha.. that's funny let's shoot...

Your favorite drink

Pepsi

Your favorite co-star

That is a mean question! Ehm.. My daughter Suhana

Your biggest passion

Internet

One thing you would like to have but you havent got it

Time

your favorite accessoiry

My Phone and My Laptop

Eating at home or eating out in a restaurant

At home with my wife an kids eating Tandoort Chicken

The first film you ever saw

Dev Anand's Joshilaa

Hrithik, Salman or Aamir?

trickquestion.... next!

Rani, Juhi or Kajol and now give me an honest answer

All three of them...

Suddenly I was interrupted by Khan's assistent that my time was up. As a gift, SRK gave me his book The King of Bollywood: Shahrukh Khan and the seductive world of Indian Cinema signed with a set of photo's of his next release Om Shanti Om.

Once a wise man said the follwing about SRK:

He is walking history...one of the most extraordinary people of all times... A man whose warmth, courage, and unshakeble commitment to the Indian filmindustry...

And he is right!

Christina Hofman, Bollywoodplaza Benelux.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 7 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Enough trouble is brewing on the home front to keep Farah Khan busy before the release of her film, Om Shanti Om. First, her husband Shirish Kunder parted ways with her best friend Shah Rukh Khan because of irrevocable creative differences, and the ambitious film Joker will now no longer have SRK in the superhero avatar. Later, her brother Sajid Khan's film, Heyy Babyy didn't showcase trailers of Om Shanti Om at the special screenings organised for the high-profile industrywallahs across the city.

Farah is yet to break her silence over tabloid reports of Shirish and Shah Rukh's showdown at Mannat, but she is making efforts to get her husband and SRK back on talking terms. With SRK opting out of the film, his production company Red Chillies Productions will no longer produce the big-budget film.

Clearly, Shirish may not be at an advantageous position; but he claims that he has a bunch of financiers ready to back his project.

A source close to Farah reveals, "She is in a tight spot, as the two people closest to her are at loggerheads. Neither Shah Rukh nor Shirish are talking about it." Despite all differences, Shirish is still editing the film and there are no fights in the edit room yet.

Farah Khan with Shirish Kunder, Farah Khan with Sajid Khan
In circles where it really matters, the buzz is that she is extremely upset with brother Sajid Khan now, over the trailers getting snipped off. Given the extreme closeness of the siblings, this leaves a bad taste in the mouth. A source close to Farah informs, "She feels that Sajid could have avoided that ugly episode. Shah Rukh wanted the trailers to be aired so that he could get instant feedback from actors, filmmakers and producers. It wasn't an unreasonable demand.

Besides, it was because of her that SRK agreed to do a cameo in Heyy Babyy."

Sajid feigning ignorance about the ugly episode to certain sections of the media only worsened the situation. "Farah has been quiet as it's her brother's film. But she felt betrayed when Sajid told some media persons that everything is hunky dory and that Om Shanti Om trailers were aired at all trial shows," says another source.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 7 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

SRK and A. R. Rahman among Indian American Achiever's Awards
By Our Correspondent ©2007 Bollyvista.com

Shah Rukh Khan

CineMaya Media Group, in honor of 60 years on India's independence and to acknowledge the contribution of Indian Diaspora and Americans, have launched the Indian American Achiever's Awards.

Shah Rukh Khan, Pandit Ravi Shankar, A. R. Rahman and Subhash Chandra are nominated, along with the likes of Bill Gates, N. R. Narayana Murthy, Samuel J. Palmisano Chairman & CEO of IBM, Jeffrey R. Immelt Chairman of General Electric, W. James(Jim) McNerney, Jr. Chairman, President & CEO of Boeing, Rupert Murdoch, Sam Pitroda , Dr. Deepak Chopra and Richard Gere.

The award ceremony will take place on the 13th of September at The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, DC, USA.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 11 2007, 10:12 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Six-pack samasya!
Suresh Nair

Shah Rukh Khan has let me down. Just when he reinvigorated my belief in him with a knockout performance as the Coach Carter of ‘Chak De’, he’s got himself a brand new physique complete with six-pack abs and rippling biceps.

And I thought he was one of us! The regular guy who proved time and again to the world that with a quick wit and easy charm you can tower over any beefcake!

Of course, my wife is quick to point out that I neither have the quick wit nor the easy charm of SRK, and now I also don’t stand a chance of ever matching his physique.

Almost every man with a reasonable interest in physical fitness dreams of the six-pack abs. The less ambitious ones, like me, dream of just a flat stomach or at least a paunch that can be easily sucked in at the sight of a pretty young thing on the street.

I’ve never really aimed at six-pack abs, largely because it calls for a lot of hard work in the gym and lot of resistance power at the dining table.

My point is, why on earth would I deprive myself of my mom’s sambar or my wife’s rajma? In other words, I prefer to live for the moment - especially during lunch and dinner.

But there are times when I suffer nightmares where I’ve become this rich fat slob whose secretary tells him, “Saab, aap ki paunch ooper tak hai!” And I wake up in a pool of sweat.

The next day I usually skip breakfast and then, as hunger rears its ugly head, I allow myself a brunch and then follow it up with regular lunch…

And there are also times when I think it would be great to have a six-pack. The last time the idea crossed my mind was when I saw Hrithik Roshan dancing in ‘Dhoom 2’. But I wonder why some of the biggest stars in Hollywood don’t have six-pack abs!

Finally, I strongly suspect there’s a conspiracy in my house to prevent me from getting the six-pack abs. Because each time I convince myself to diet hard and gym harder, the two women in my life cook up a meal that reiterates the fact that while the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, it’s also a shortcut to his brain!

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 13 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Blog: An open letter to Shahrukh Khan

By IndiaFM News Bureau, September 13, 2007 - 09:19 IST

Dear King Khan,

Hope you would have seen the news clippings and read various news articles on India retaining the men’s Asia cup hockey title with a resounding 7-2 win over Korea in the summit clash at the floodlit Mayor Radhakrishnan stadium in Chennai on Sunday (09.09.07).

The win was convincing from the beginning. There was no uncertainty like they exhibit till the last over in Indian cricket. In the 4th minute from the start of the game, Shivendra Singh opened the score. Though Korea could score the equalizer in the 9th minute, Sunil and Prabhjot Singh scored each one goal and changed the scenario to 3-1 lead at the halfway stage. Indians kept up the tempo which lasted in a resounding 7-2 win which was a treat to the eyes and minds of thousands of holiday crowd who were spectators to this victory.

You might wonder why I am detailing about our country’s recent success in hockey to a Bollywood star like you. You have told to press recently that the way Kabir Khan (your character in Chak De India) reacts in the film after the team wins the final match to lift the world cup trophy, was your favourite scene and has given you some inner peace.

But even then you might disagree with me if I say that the success of this film might change the way we look at sports in India. Our recent win in Asia cup might not have any connection to your role in the film. But still the movie can change the thought line of thousands and thousands of Indians about the way sports and sportsmen are treated and how positive changes could be brought in.

The success of the movie may not bring immediate changes in the trend of sports. But it would force people to think positively, dream constructively and ultimately we might be moving to a row of victories.

Similarly you can ask your producer friends ( I know Yash Chopra is your close friend ) to plan a film about Indian politicians and you can play a role of a politician, may be as a Member of Parliament, who could be a role model politician to the upcoming future generations. Since present generation has seen more and more of dirty politicians everywhere, it would be tough to explain to future citizens as to how a good politician would look like.

This letter might not reach your eyes, or even if it reaches, you might just chuckle and forget it, but for me, I have expressed what I felt as a citizen of India.

Thank you

CITIZEN OF INDIA

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 13 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

"Today, every superstar is removing his shirt" - Farah Khan

By Joginder Tuteja, September 12, 2007 - 13:54 IST

It's not even a week since the first look of 'Dard-E-Disco' was out and the song, especially due to 'perfect-six-abs' of Shahrukh Khan, is already the talk of the town. Composed by Vishal-Shekhar and written by Javed Akhtar, 'Dard E Disco' is a 'jump-on-the-dance-floor' number which has a Persian touch to it even as overall feel of the song stays on to be Western.

"I am thrilled with the kind of reactions the song is fetching. As the teaser suggests, this is my way of re-introducing Shahrukh Khan", quips Farah Khan, director of this year's most awaited film Om Shanti Om.

Re-introduction it certainly is, considering the fact that after 'Kaal Dhamaal' [Kaal] where he danced in designer sleeveless vests with Malaika Arora, Shahrukh Khan has shed his inhibitions further and gone the Monty route, even if it is only half the way!

"Well, full credit to Shahrukh for attempting something like this which showcases him in an altogether different 'avtaar'", talks Farah fondly for her superstar friend, "The idea was to give him a much leaner look, while refraining from making it all look artificial."

"Shahrukh has a good physique but when you are required to remove shirt for the camera and the entire world is expected to watch you, extra care has to be taken", explains Farah about the effort which went behind the makeover of 40 years plus King Khan.

She adds, "We never wanted a beefy look for him, that wouldn't have worked. Instead, what you see is a body which befits that of a swimmer. Also, it was not just the physique part on which we concentrated. Even his hair has been done differently to give him a real makeover."

A contemporary track with Sukhwinder Singh in his full elements and Marianne, Nisha and Caralisa coming together for backup vocals, 'Dard-E-Disco' is a true-blue dance number, as expected from Vishal-Shekhar. Still, one can't help but ask Farah whether a situation like this was absolutely required in the film?

Justifies Farah, who is dabbling between paying visits to doctors and supervising media campaigns for her November 9 release, "As we all know, the film has Shahrukh Khan as junior artist in the 70s followed by being a superstar of 21st century. These are the times when every superstar is removing his shirt with a physique to die for. It is imperative for the character played by Shahrukh Khan also to dabble in something similar", she smiles.

Meanwhile first promo of the film has reportedly settled down with the audience too. "It was always expected that it would be very well received across multiplexes. People were clapping and cheering aloud while it was played first. You have to be there to witness the noise level when the promo was on; one could barely hear what was being played on screen", informs Farah about the crowd reaction.

"What further thrilled me was the response from theaters across UP and Bihar. After being elated with the tremendous response, distributors have not stopped calling ever since", cheers Farah.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Sep 13 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8009

Here's are some pictures of SRK. wink.gif

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 13 2007, 01:00 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Yes thank you smile1.gif

they are from the latest mostawaited film Om Shanti Om.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Sep 13 2007, 01:11 PM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

That's right. In case you have not checked the official site, I have posted the link here. There are promos and photographs too.

Link for the Om Shanti Om
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 13 2007, 01:34 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Thanks once again... I have seen the promos - they are awesome. now waiting for the movie smile1.gif

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
HumTum
post Sep 13 2007, 02:03 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

It's my pleasure. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 14 2007, 09:43 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Two hours late, but SRK is forgiven

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two of a kind: Shah Rukh Khan and Sania Mirza promoting the Sunfeast Open pic/sameer markande

It is a mark of Shah Rukh Khan's celebrity status that the very journalists he kept waiting for two hours at the Sunfeast Open press conference scheduled for 10.45 am yesterday, were laughing and smiling at the star's undeniable wit once he turned up.
SRK was with Sania Mirza (sporting a new haircut), to promote the WTA Sunfeast Open that begins in Kolkata on September 23, says Sowmya Rajaram.
This time, the championship trophy, which changes every year, was unveiled to be an oil on canvas painting created from a collation of children's paintings.
Mirza may not play after she picked up a wrist injury.
As for SRK, he kept the camera persons and reporters in splits with his charm. "I am asked to take off my shirt a lot now, but I say no. I am still talented enough to do a role without taking off my shirt," he replied to a question.
All good, Shah Rukh, but witty quotes and charisma can only go so far when you turn up oh-so-late, so keep that in mind for next time.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:11 PM