Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Gujarati

, some info...

13 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gujarati, some info...
Bawra Jay
post Nov 15 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #46

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 561

QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 13 2004, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Nov 12 2004, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 12 2004, 02:18 AM)
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 10 2004, 07:53 PM)
Chaampli?

If she is Chaampli ur a Champ in lying :EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I shall trust Chitz with my eyes closed :EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE but definitely not u wink2.gif

N tongue.gif
ps: Chitz wth does he mean by chaampli = does he mean chatura?

Ayyo Nimu dont listen to BJ. Woh aaj kal Diwali ke celebration ke liye bhaang pee raha hai tongue.gif lol

Btw, chaampali means overly smart. Woh to main hooon hi biggrin.gif

Chaampli Diwali maa koi bhaang piye che ke shu ??? Ek dum champli chhe tu , kashu pan bole chhe tongue.gif tongue.gif BTW , Hun to aaje javvu che "Navi Jersey" diwali manava..... tyan bahu champla jova malse wink2.gif bole taare maate koi champlo soodhi laavu........ ha ha ha JK

oh ho! kya Edison upaDyaa? amaare to bay area ma kai khaas nathi. Aaje kaka ne gher javanu chhe Diwali nu jamaN karvaa.

Diwali ma BJbhai to bhaang paN pive. tongue.gif

Oh no!!! I dont need a champlo for me. 2 champla ppl gonna go crazy!!! better find someone who can deal with one champli laugh.gif

Saal mubarak and nutan varsh na abhinandan from mz. champli biggrin.gif

Arre puch nahi... baapre shhu gardi gardi ... almost felt like in India... everywhere traffic JAMS , but had lots of fun , pata hi nahi chala where did the whole weekend went smile1.gif .... at first we did big ANKUUT puja at home , then went to see one of the best "ANKUUT" darshan at BAPS temple.... baapre mooh maa paani avi gayu smile1.gif.....

And than what a nice way to end perfect day with a huge group of us (20 seats) at the premier of VEER - ZAARA ..... what a romantic movie... Hats off to Yash Chopra clap1.gif ....lol... if had stayed 2 - 3 more days there would have sure come out with a remix verison of "Aisa Edison Desh hai mera..." wink2.gif ha ha JK JK

Tane pann Saal Mubarak ( pann huu jara totlu bolu chu .... L na badle T and T na badle L ... ha ha ha )

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Nov 15 2004, 09:08 PM
Post #47

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 13 2004, 02:18 PM)
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 12 2004, 02:32 AM)
Phew Chitz!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you I Know I could rely on u biggrin.gif

BJ I will never trust :E

Poppy putra I didnt know if he has joined the bandwagon with BJ to pull my legs biggrin.gif - like all brudders who luv to pull their sistahs' legs biggrin.gif

N biggrin.gif

Yes yes me seconds that.

BJ's other name could be doDh-Daahyo laugh.gif

(shhhhh doDh-Daahyo = smarty pants) *thanks to mz. T for the translation help* bow.gif

See only mz T. thinks of me as Daahyo... now please tara potana taraf thi aa doDh na lagav wink2.gif ....

+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Nov 15 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #48

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(pranavjh @ Nov 13 2004, 01:51 AM)
Some would say Gujarati is such a nice language that it does not have a real swear word of its own  wink2.gif

I am certainly not one of them, though

Even though lots of Guju's are very talkative but they are often very reserved in expression of feelings like anger or love in public. And I guess swearing is one expression of feeling angry or frustation coming out of anger, etc. LOL ... this reminds me of an episode , very funny and interesting....no offense to Amdavadis as I am one too, so take it in a funny spirit :-

Once I was a passenger in famous three wheeler rickshaw 's of Ahmedabad ( famous for giving left or right turn signal by putting the appropiate leg outside the rickshaw opening... instead of with hands ) And if you ever been in the town , you know what I am talking about going through Ratan Pole or ManekChowk during a peak rush hours ( In Ahmedabad peak hours are calculated on shopping hours of the Janta rather than the work hours of the Janta ). So what happened was ke between two rickshaws there is little of accident, woh bhi just they had touched each other , even as passenger I didn't get much of a bump from the accident but than it was Ahmedabad and this two rickshawala 's ego was at stake if they had let anyone go without arguing... I was thinking ke its time to experience the big swearing and fight in guju and so was excited.... what I see is this two guys coming out of their rick and holding each other's collar and yelling... SAALAA ANDHALO CHE ... DEKHA TU NATHI... GHODINAA JOYI NE NATHI CHALATAU..... (now if u notice here Andhalo che is like are u blinded , its not a swear but than even SAALA and GHODINA.... does not have much meaning as swear either... ) .... and than I heard EK DABHA HAATH NI CHODHI DAYISH... ( will hit u a slap from left hand) ...so was thinking ke aab maast fight honewali hai... and the most funny part was they went on repeating and repeating for like 1 ,2 ,3 ...10 ... 15... 20 times interchangingly all of the above sentences in different phrases but to my surprise no one has yet given any slap to anyone.... I almost felt like telling either someone slap someone soon or just let it go so the traffic can keep moving... in the mean time even the THOLLA (guju slang word for traffic cop) came by and asking what was going on.... Finally it got over after the THOLLA said move your rick on the side and let the traffic go... and continue ure fight there.... Now in this whole thing...I still didnt see a single slapping from either side... so max was SAALA , GHODINA , ANDHALA , and WILL HIT U A SLAP....

Even now whenever I remember this incidence , I laugh at this whole thing , as it was more of funny than a fight....which I know very well as in Amchi Mumbai , before a fight....pehle tau ek kaan ke nicchu pe rakh ke denge... fir 4-5 mast top ki gaaliya (swearing) de denge fir usko batayenge ke uski galti kya thi... ha ha LOL...

+Quote Post
pranavjh
post Nov 15 2004, 11:16 PM
Post #49

Group Icon

Member No.: 1123

Very true BJ, I can attest to that coming from A'bad too. Reminds me of the scene from the recent Akshay Khanna movie (name escapes me). Quite funny!! And to think "jab kutte pe sassa aaya, tab badshah ne shahar basaya"!!!!

Pranav
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Nov 16 2004, 01:52 AM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Nov 15 2004, 08:36 AM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 13 2004, 02:24 PM)
QUOTE(Bawra Jay @ Nov 12 2004, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 12 2004, 02:18 AM)
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 10 2004, 07:53 PM)
Chaampli?

If she is Chaampli ur a Champ in lying :EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I shall trust Chitz with my eyes closed :EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE but definitely not u wink2.gif

N tongue.gif
ps: Chitz wth does he mean by chaampli = does he mean chatura?

Ayyo Nimu dont listen to BJ. Woh aaj kal Diwali ke celebration ke liye bhaang pee raha hai tongue.gif lol

Btw, chaampali means overly smart. Woh to main hooon hi biggrin.gif

Chaampli Diwali maa koi bhaang piye che ke shu ??? Ek dum champli chhe tu , kashu pan bole chhe tongue.gif tongue.gif BTW , Hun to aaje javvu che "Navi Jersey" diwali manava..... tyan bahu champla jova malse wink2.gif bole taare maate koi champlo soodhi laavu........ ha ha ha JK

oh ho! kya Edison upaDyaa? amaare to bay area ma kai khaas nathi. Aaje kaka ne gher javanu chhe Diwali nu jamaN karvaa.

Diwali ma BJbhai to bhaang paN pive. tongue.gif

Oh no!!! I dont need a champlo for me. 2 champla ppl gonna go crazy!!! better find someone who can deal with one champli laugh.gif

Saal mubarak and nutan varsh na abhinandan from mz. champli biggrin.gif

Arre puch nahi... baapre shhu gardi gardi ... almost felt like in India... everywhere traffic JAMS , but had lots of fun , pata hi nahi chala where did the whole weekend went smile1.gif .... at first we did big ANKUUT puja at home , then went to see one of the best "ANKUUT" darshan at BAPS temple.... baapre mooh maa paani avi gayu smile1.gif.....

No kidding! my friend also went to that thing - Swaminarayan temple. She said it was lots of fun. We had one of those here at temple but it was on Sunday. I didnt want to be in such big crowd so went on Saturday. It was so nice to visit temple.

And than what a nice way to end perfect day with a huge group of us (20 seats) at the premier of VEER - ZAARA ..... what a romantic movie... Hats off to Yash Chopra clap1.gif ....lol... if had stayed 2 - 3 more days there would have sure come out with a remix verison of "Aisa Edison Desh hai mera..." wink2.gif ha ha JK JK

Waah bhai waah. Jalsa chhe kem! good. so you liked it eh? I am still debating whether to spend $10 on it or wait for dvd. lol @ ur remix song. kaash hum bhi kabhi edison dekh sake...

Tane pann Saal Mubarak ( pann huu jara totlu bolu chu .... L na badle T and T na badle L ... ha ha ha )

Ayyo! dont give me that kind of ashirwad. tongue.gif mere ko nahin chahiye thank u. *grrrrr*

This time of the yr always reminds me of this funny incident. My uncle-aunt (foi-fuva) were newly weds and their friends (also a couple) got married a few wks after their marriage. So when they were at the reception and went to congratulate the couple for their wedding, by mistake they said "saal mubarak" instead of congrats. laugh.gif us kids still laugh at the incident til this date when its new yrs. So funny!! roflllllllllllllll
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Nov 16 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #51

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(pranavjh @ Nov 13 2004, 04:25 PM)
QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 13 2004, 11:27 AM)
QUOTE(pranavjh @ Nov 12 2004, 10:51 PM)
Some would say Gujarati is such a nice language that it does not have a real swear word of its own  wink2.gif

I am certainly not one of them, though

Hmmmmmm nice language?? Pranavbhai, I'd say if it's a language it is always nice but speaking of not having a real swear word... those "some" ppl better think again. I think almost every language would have bad words smile1.gif and Gujarati cant be an exception. I think Surti ppl are most courageous ones to involve the bad words in their talking so efficiently. Gosh! I've never seen more rude Gujju than from a Surti's mouth. *eeks* No offense to Surtis who actually speak decent Guj. And some might wonder why Surat never had a radio station of their own. laugh.gif

I must grant you that re. Surti's, especially parsis. Hum thehre bechare ahmedabad wale so we are very decent ph34r.gif

Yes. Thats exact same reason I didnt even know the bad words til I was in my 20s. That too I got to hear them because of tons of Surtis and Valsadis in bay area. In A'vad & charotar, it's like you never get to hear those.

Hey, so you live in Bay area? Me too!

Pranav

Aah cool! thats good to know. Didnt have anyone else from western part on here til now. So what did you do for Diwali?
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Nov 16 2004, 02:06 AM
Post #52

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(pranavjh @ Nov 15 2004, 10:46 AM)
Very true BJ, I can attest to that coming from A'bad too. Reminds me of the scene from the recent Akshay Khanna movie (name escapes me). Quite funny!! And to think "jab kutte pe sassa aaya, tab badshah ne shahar basaya"!!!!

Pranav

Funny! biggrin.gif but sounds like true.
+Quote Post
Poppy
post Nov 16 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #53

Unregistered

Ohooo Bappooo amdawad ... maru janma sthaan bow.gif

I'm going to a'bad 2morow ....for 3-4 days .

Amdawad ma ...KANKARIA PAR BARAF NA GOLA (though it's winter I'm gonna have atleast 3 in a day) ... Pachee RAIPUR na BHAJIYA (Trust me this all gujju FARSAAN items I don't get taste here in b'bay) Manek chowk ....maan pan ghani badhi variety :-P .. ..FAAFADA with Papiya ni chatneee :-P

SAchin
+Quote Post
pranavjh
post Nov 17 2004, 01:39 AM
Post #54

Group Icon

My cousin from Baroda sent me this once -

A tribute to the greatest city in the world: AMDAVAD

kya male koine friends ma atlo pyaar,
kaik thay ne malva aave dost hazaar

Kya evi rickshaw...kya eva rasta
Tya ni restaurant maughee..tya na paan sasta
amdavad maa jaat jaat na loko vasta
friends jode time nikle ekdum hasta hasta

kya evo varsaad, kya evi garmi
kone yaad nathi mummy na khola ni narmi
kya male chokriyo atli hasti sharmati
kya male koi surval-sari maa dil dhadkavti

kya male koine dookan atli sasti
kya male dukandaroni avi ghrahak bhakti
kya male koine life ma atli masti
sauthi best aapdi amdavad ni vasti

kya evi uttarayan, kya evi holi
festivals maa bhegi thay aakhi friends ni toli

kya evi navratri, kya evi diwali
kya eva dandiya, kya eva dhamaka
kya evi cielo, kya evi maruti
kya evi lassi, kya evi jalebi
kya L.D.,HL, MG, Xaviers jevi collego,
kya GLS,CN jevi schoolo
kya male gymkhana jevo swimming-pool,
kya male drive-in no weekend melo

kya male cg road ni rangili saanj,
kya male lawgardenni chatakedar raat
kya male e clubo ni maja, kya male e modi raatoni raja

kya male honest jevi pav-bhaji, kya male prabhu jevu paan
kya male freezeland jevi coffee, kya male ten jevi naan
Amdavad no rang niralo,
Amdavad no dhang niralo
hoy bhale ema koi kharabi,
to pan garva thi kaho hu chhu amdavadi

joyu New York and LA....kya male koine Amdavad jevu crowd
we grew up in Amdavad...we should be very proud
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 17 2004, 10:23 AM
Post #55

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I see lots of male(s) in the above tribue. Male means me/my and pronounced as Maale ?

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
Talaikya
post Nov 17 2004, 10:26 AM
Post #56

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 402

male = find (nothing to do with men) ... yes, pronounced maale smile1.gif

You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Nov 17 2004, 01:24 PM
Post #57

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Talaikya @ Nov 16 2004, 09:56 PM)
male = find (nothing to do with men) ... yes, pronounced maale smile1.gif

Hey mz T... actually the pronunciation of Guj. word "male" rhymes with Hindi word "chale" isnt it? and the L is prononced with ur tongue rolled inside (not touching the teeth)?? tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Nov 17 2004, 01:27 PM
Post #58

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thank U Pranavbhai.

I hope you guys are good at reading Guj smile1.gif Here comes one of the other poems I have in my collection.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
pranavjh
post Nov 17 2004, 08:08 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 17 2004, 12:57 AM)
Thank U Pranavbhai.

I hope you guys are good at reading Guj smile1.gif Here comes one of the other poems I have in my collection.

Attached Image

Waah...really nice. Who's the poet?

Pranav
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Nov 17 2004, 08:48 PM
Post #60

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Chitralekha @ Nov 15 2004, 04:22 PM)

Joje maalpua khayi khayi ne jaadi bumbaa jevi na thai jaati nahi tau pachi koi 'ghogha" jevosh malse ...

No kidding! my friend also went to that thing - Swaminarayan temple. She said it was lots of fun. We had one of those here at temple but it was on Sunday. I didnt want to be in such big crowd so went on Saturday.  It was so nice to visit temple.

Arre Saturday tau navu varash hatu ne , Annkutt na darshan tau nava varshe-ej karaye aney pagey laggi ne nava varsh nu prarambh thai....Hoon pan Saturday nij vaat karu chhu...

Waah bhai waah. Jalsa chhe kem! good. so you liked it eh? I am still debating whether to spend $10 on it or wait for dvd. lol @ ur remix song. kaash hum bhi kabhi edison dekh sake...

Yaar evu chhe ne ke (koi ne kehti nahi) pann Rani Mukherjee ni cute smile jova gamey tevu picture hoye , ek waar tau joyuj pade ne wink2.gif .... Sache kasam thi , Rani che ne SRK and PZ ne ubbhi ubhhi khayi gayi che acting me paan, shu dialog delivery che baapre maani gaya... hoon tau gando gando thai gayo (The only thing is she has more of a serious role so not much glamour from her)....But you know Yash ji's movie mein romance kut kut ke bhara hota hai , and some of the scenes where very touchy sad1.gif ... just make sure you dont sit next to some handsome guy... warna bechara tere ko tissue dete dete thak jayega... ha ha JK... lolz.... Inshort if you going alone , better watch it on DVD if going with group of friends jakey masti karle....

Ayyo! dont give me that kind of ashirwad. tongue.gif mere ko nahin chahiye thank u. *grrrrr*

This time of the yr always reminds me of this funny incident. My uncle-aunt (foi-fuva) were newly weds and their friends (also a couple) got married a few wks after their marriage. So when they were at the reception and went to congratulate the couple for their wedding, by mistake they said "saal mubarak" instead of congrats. laugh.gif us kids still laugh at the incident til this date when its new yrs. So funny!! roflllllllllllllll

ROFL ..... Etla maatej ghaida - O kahi gaya chhe ke Kartak mahina ma lagan na karai wink2.gif ....

+Quote Post

13 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:42 AM