Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Original And Good Articles On Rafi Sahab

, for mohdrafi.com

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Original And Good Articles On Rafi Sahab, for mohdrafi.com
Pradeep
post Nov 25 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Hello Friends,

We have plenty of writing talents on this board. What more can one want than to write about his/her favourite?

I would like to request if any of you can write an original article on Mohd Rafi for mohdrafi.com. If you would like to be paid for this, you are welcome and free to discuss it with me using PM or email legend at mohdrafi.com

Regards,

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Nov 26 2004, 05:17 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Nov 25 2004, 04:49 PM)
Hello Friends,

We have plenty of writing talents on this board. What more can one want than to write about his/her favourite?

I would like to request if any of you can write an original article on Mohd Rafi for mohdrafi.com. If you would like to be paid for this, you are welcome and free to discuss it with me using PM or email legend at mohdrafi.com

Regards,

Dear Pradeep,

I would be interested to write the article but on one condition that I do not want to be paid.

Let me know how long you want the article to be and what kind of content are you looking for.

Thnx

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Nov 26 2004, 05:34 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

Wot can I say. Really... Rafi just shuts me up!

I think we have to invent words for this guy.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 26 2004, 09:45 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Nov 25 2004, 11:47 PM)
QUOTE(Pradeep @ Nov 25 2004, 04:49 PM)
Hello Friends,

Regards,

Dear Pradeep,

I would be interested to write the article but on one condition that I do not want to be paid.

Let me know how long you want the article to be and what kind of content are you looking for.

Thnx

Thanks for responding SS. The payment bit is not mandatory at all smile1.gif Its completely upto the person who is willing to take some time of his/her busy schedule whether to be compensated in a humble manner.

We all know about Rafi Sahab's general information - that is what is covered in most of the articles. What I am looking for his, describing songs - his voice, style, poetry etc., You could take couple of songs and write about it. I could have those streams put in along with your description. What requires here is a poetic feeling and approach to the song and the article. I've tried to describe songs, after couple of them, the style of writing and description starts to repeat itself. I am lost for words. I don't have the artistic belt to write.

You could also take general topics and news that surround us. You could relate the events to any of Rafi Sahab's songs and write on.

I am not looking at one time task. It would be great if it could be monthly if not weekly. I know this requires a lot of effort and dedication. So if anybody wishes to do it in return for a small fee per article is also fine with me.

smile1.gif

+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 26 2004, 09:47 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Nov 26 2004, 12:04 AM)
Wot can I say. Really... Rafi just shuts me up!

I think we have to invent words for this guy.

Yep YM, We can only feel his songs... take a pen and paper and we are lost.

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Nov 26 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pradeep @ Nov 26 2004, 04:17 AM)
We can only feel his songs... take a pen and paper and we are lost.

U said it. It really is a case of:

Baadshaah likoon, faazil likoon yah be-nazir likoon, heraan hoon ke aapko is khat mein kya likoon. Yeh mera arz-e-beyaan sun kar Rafi saab aap naraz na hona ke aap meri ziyaarat hein.

Mere saathiyon, mera yeh masala intehaai genuine hai...

Farz ki jiye ke aap log Rafi ke naam chitthi likthe hein aur saath mein yeh bhi farz ki jiye ke Allah talla ke dhakiye aap ka yeh khat Rafi saab ke paas saatwen aasman pe le jate hein... wot will u ppl write to Rafi saab? Wot will u say to him? Pradeep, wot wud ur words be?

I'd write one too but I wudnt address it to the man himself. Man do I wish I was the modern day Allama Iqbal... I'd write another "Shikwa".

IPB Image
+Quote Post
rom
post Nov 26 2004, 09:42 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 233

I think if we take writing skills, knowledge and love for music and Rafisaab into account, the best candidates to do the job would be Dr Unni, Extenok and T-ji!

THE INTELLIGENT MUST MAKE CONCESSIONS!
+Quote Post
extenok
post Nov 26 2004, 09:52 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

Sir jee, mujhe kahaan laa kar khara kar diya itnay 'senior' logon mein. 'Juniors' mein se Anurag kuch sahi lagta hae iss kaam ke liye, magar usska taste kuch un-Rafi'ish hae. sad1.gif

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
rom
post Nov 26 2004, 09:56 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes, Anurag writes so well as well! But you're right... he seems more into ghazals, classical music, Sufi music and instrumental music than film music!
And I actually think you along with the two others I named would do a very good job. So maybe we'd get to see in MAS something like the great Talat Mehmood album review you wrote a few months ago.

+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Nov 26 2004, 10:10 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(rom @ Nov 26 2004, 04:12 PM)
I think if we take writing skills, knowledge and love for music and Rafisaab into account, the best candidates to do the job would be Dr Unni, Extenok and T-ji!

Dont be modest rom, ur a gifted chap urself... humour us y dont u?

IPB Image
+Quote Post
anurag
post Nov 27 2004, 06:16 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 550

QUOTE(rom @ Nov 26 2004, 12:12 PM)

You are right, rom. These guys are excellent candidates for writing on Rafi saaheb. Among juniors, extenok is the best to do this.

T. is away for a few weeks so she can't possibly do the job before returning.

But, you write well too. Why don't you take up the mantle? I'd like to read something substantial coming from you than your usual take offs at Nimii. tongue.gif

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Nov 27 2004, 07:05 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

QUOTE(rom @ Nov 26 2004, 09:42 PM)

Surely I agree about your choice, having said that I believe there are several Rafians out here who can do a great job simply beacuse they have the most important aspect and that is passion for the greatest singer of all times, Rafisaab.

One can't measure knowledge and writing skills vary from person to person. no one is perfect.

So I would encourage all Rafians to partcipate in writing. I favour all.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
unni
post Nov 27 2004, 07:29 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

QUOTE(suhana_safar @ Nov 26 2004, 09:35 PM)
I believe there are several Rafians out here who can do a great job simply beacuse they have the most important aspect and that is passion for the greatest singer of all times, Rafisaab.

One can't measure knowledge and writing skills vary from person to person. no one is perfect.

So I would encourage all Rafians to partcipate in writing. I favour all.

Excellent point, SS. clap1.gif

Also Pradeep needs the articles to be provided from time to time, not just a one-shot deal.

So it would be great if several members pitch in with their essays. It will bring a wider perspective to bear on the subject.

Knowledge and interesting view-points are the key elements to make the articles interesting. That is something not common to all of us. The writing part is secondary and can easily be tackled.

Here's a standing offer: If anyone is hesitant to write because of some perceived notion about "writing skills", I am sure other members will offer to assist with "proof-reading". To start with, I volunteer my services in this regard (through PM).

So now, let's hear from some more members, confirming that they will contribute.

Thanks again, SS, for setting the ball rolling. bow.gif

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Nov 27 2004, 08:54 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE(anurag @ Nov 27 2004, 06:16 AM)
QUOTE(rom @ Nov 26 2004, 12:12 PM)

But, you write well too. Why don't you take up the mantle? I'd like to read something substantial coming from you than your usual take offs at Nimii. tongue.gif

Take off at me?? No no not at all ! He does that in jester! Yo ROM better produce an excellent writeup!

I would be doing a feature too, but it would of different kind! Phew I can never match these pros here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N smile1.gif
+Quote Post
rom
post Nov 27 2004, 11:52 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Anurag:
But, you write well too. Why don't you take up the mantle? I'd like to read something substantial coming from you than your usual take offs at Nimii.

Anurag, I'm no good at analysing music, so my contributions to HF do not exactly constitute essential reading. But all right, since I do love music and Rafisaab's songs, I'll give it a shot. Just give me some time!

NM:
Take off at me?? No no not at all ! He does that in jester! Yo ROM better produce an excellent writeup!

Yes, that's all in jest, but I'm sure all my posts are not take-offs on you, as Anurag seems to believe. sad1.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:35 AM