Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Did you become a Rafisaab fan before

, or after the legend passed away?

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Did you become a Rafisaab fan before, or after the legend passed away?
When the legend was amongst us [ 56 ] ** [37.84%]
After the legend passed away :( [ 92 ] ** [62.16%]
Total Votes: 148
Guests cannot vote 
prince2a
post Aug 24 2004, 08:29 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 623

What Unni has wriiten is so true. A Perfect analysis. I, as a matter of fact, hate to see these old songs on TV (barring some). It is only Rafisaab's voice for me. And sometimes the magic of compsers like Madan Mohan. Simply great.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
iqbal
post Aug 24 2004, 01:49 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 12

I have very rarely seen picturisation of Rafisaab’s songs, the ones I have seen are not justifying Rafisaab’s expressions.

+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 24 2004, 02:27 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

His voice is timeless. Even to this day, when new breed of actors dance over the stage with the old songs in play.... it never stops impressing me. smile1.gif

Mohd Rafi Tu Bahut Yaad Aaya

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
parekhashok
post Aug 24 2004, 03:45 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 36

The old songs now take place in remix form in new generation albums and this album business do fantastic business. Recently in a couple of movies R. D. Burman songs were used (old songs in new version) which did not click.

Will it not be a good and viable idea for new generation directors to use old black & white gems (in their original form) to fit into their movies on new generation hero / heroines?

Some of our forum friends recently while paying tribute to Rafisaab on his death anniversary wished to listen new songs in Rafisaab's voice (I remeber someone said he would like to listen "Ai Ajnabee" from Dil Se in Rafisaab's voice). In this regard, I forsee that a day will definitely come (and sooner I wish) when technology will make it possible to mould Rafisaab's voice (available in thousands of songs he left for us) could be moulded in new songs and as a result we can really listen "Ai Ajnabee" (or whichever new song for that matter as per our wish) in Rafisaab's voice. Any takers? clap1.gif

Regards
Ashok Parekh
+Quote Post
myawan
post Aug 24 2004, 03:53 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Parekh! don't you agree 'geniune is geniune', who will put Rafi saab's emotions in those songs?????

"Teri Awaz Mujhe Ghaire Hai"

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
parekhashok
post Aug 24 2004, 04:32 PM
Post #36

Group Icon

Member No.: 36

Parekh! don't you agree 'geniune is geniune', who will put Rafi saab's emotions in those songs?????

Myawanji, I may agree with you but partly. It would be interesting to see present generation actors like Aamir Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Sunny Deol putting emotions to Rafisaab's voice instetad of stone faced actors of earlier generations (I prefer not to name them) who were lucky enough to be helped by Rafisaab's voice for their whatever popularity and not for their acting.

Now it's your turn to agree with me. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
iqbal
post Aug 24 2004, 05:06 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE (parekhashok @ Aug 24 2004, 10:15 AM)
In this regard, I forsee that a day will definitely come (and sooner I wish) when technology will make it possible to mould Rafisaab's voice (available in thousands of songs he left for us) could be moulded in new songs and as a result we can really listen "Ai Ajnabee" (or whichever new song for that matter as per our wish) in Rafisaab's voice. Any takers? clap1.gif

Regards
Ashok Parekh

Hi Ashok,

I have also many times thought about this concept - a friend once emailed me ‘talkany’ in which you can type in the words and then can choose which type of voice you would like to listen in.

Let’s hope one day we will have the Rafi / Kishore / Mukesh / Lata buttons added on!
+Quote Post
iqbal
post Aug 25 2004, 06:30 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

It appears all the votes are in now.

Result

Did you become a Rafisaab fan
When the legend was amongst us [ 11 ] [34.38%]

After the legend passed away sad1.gif [ 21 ] [65.63%]

Total Votes: 32

The majority on Hamaraforums are as I had thought would be the new generations who have never met Rafisaab.
We need to get more ppl who have actually met Rafisaab and can share their experiences and comment on live stage shows, I would also love to read anecdotes when recording in the studio ? after how many takes the song was okayed etc.
+Quote Post
iqbal
post Nov 29 2004, 03:40 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Just thought I’d bring this back into the limelight now we have many new members.

+Quote Post
Jay
post Nov 29 2004, 08:27 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 995

i was born on 12 july 1980, 31 july Rafi saab passed away. The message that he is no more was even publiced in the papers in Holland! My dad told me...What a sad day...

Life is music, music is life...
+Quote Post
catch22
post Nov 29 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 1172

QUOTE(Jay @ Nov 29 2004, 05:57 PM)
i was born on 12 july 1980, 31 july Rafi saab passed away. The message that he is no more was even publiced in the papers in Holland! My dad told me...What a sad day...

It is remarkable feat that the legend has achieved in garnering the enthusiasm & support of a generation of people who were not there when he was alive. The magic of his voice enthralls the old & young alike leaving an everlasting memory.His immortal voice will linger on & on for generations. I do not think that any other singer from the subcontinent has such an effect on the people.

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."
"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad. "
"You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race. "
George Bernard Shaw
+Quote Post
Laique
post Nov 30 2004, 05:19 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Member No.: 434

Sadly I was born in November 1977 when the great one was around but I was to stupid a kid to realize his greatness. He passed away when I was two and a half years old, alas he did come to Chicago, IL in America when I was around twice, but neither time did my parents go, and if they had I could have gone as a baby and at least bragged about it! My friend, who was three at the time did go and so has a step up on me as a rafian. But anyway, I did like Rafisaab when I was in college in the late 90's, and thats when I realized his greatness, so I'm a late devotee.
+Quote Post
ANT6
post Nov 30 2004, 05:51 AM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 783

During the 70's i watched alot of films with my family at the cinema.......but i guess i was not ready to know this great singer called Mohd Rafi. It is only when the vhs video came home when i woke up to know that some of these great songs that were sung in those films was MOHD RAFI. My dad used to talk about Mohd Rafi and some of his songs.......saying that Rafi is the best and Mukesh was his second best
I became a Rafi fan in the early eighties.........my dad will go and get video tapes full of Rafi songs mainly songs from the sixties...........so now i was hearing Rafi 60's and 70's and 1980.
I grew up listening to Rafi & kishore.............possibly Kishore more because Rafi already had passed away.................but you see even though it was the early eighties in them days alot of vhs films were easily available whether it was the 50's 60's or 70's...........I was more determined to find video films with Rafi songs in them.
I became a Rafi fan in the early eighties [possibly 1983-4]........Kishore became my second best as alot of his songs were around at that time too.

ANT6 party2.gif

KISI NE KAHA HAI MERE DOSTO
BURA MAT SUNO BURA MAT DEKHO BURA MAT KAHO
+Quote Post
Harold
post Nov 30 2004, 06:54 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

Member No.: 137

Hi Friends,

I really enjoyed reading yours posts on this subject. I will vote after my reply.
I myself also grew up listening to his voice and the voices of the other legends. I was still a kid and not so intoxicated, addicted and hooked up to his voice as I'm now, but he always was my favourite singer. So I'll vote for before.

As the years went by, I became more and more a Rafi-"deewana". He came to Holland in 1973, 1977 and 1979 (correct me if I'm wrong Roy). I'm born in 1968 and cannot remember his visit in 1973. We migrated to Holland in September 1973, so maybe we weren't living here at that moment yet.

The evening of his concert in 1977 I can remember very clear. I was 9 years old and my mother asked me if I wanted to go with her and my elder brother and sisters to the concert. Stupid me angry2.gif told her, that I can listen to his voice at home, so save your money. angry2.gif (Oelloe ke patthe!!!!!) I was told later that the concert was sold out and people even watched the concert standing. It was at the Krasnapolsky Hotel on Dam Square in the City Centre of Amsterdam.

After 2 years in 1979 I came back to sanity and went to his concert in Amsterdam at the Jaap Eden Hal. It was 27 October I believe. Almost my whole family went to his concerts. It was my first concert ever and the best and most special concert in my life. It was his last visit to Amsterdam. He was wearing a white suit and came on stage with a big smile. He smiled almost the whole concert, so much love was shining from him. He made jokes while singing. When he sang "Pardah Hai Pardah", he had a flower in his hand while singing "kisi haseen ki taraf ye gulab phaikoonga". party2.gif And after the first couplet he really threw it into the audience A old lady catched it. Every was enjoying and laughing. While singing "Sar Par Topi Lal Haath Mein Reshem Ka Roemaal" He actually had a "roemaal" in his hand and was waving with it. Top of the evening was "O Duniya Ke Rakhwale". If I can remember well, he even received a standing ovation for this song. Maybe Roy can remember this as he saw all his Holland-concerts. clap1.gif

I had the fortune to see every legend except Mukesh, and I can say that his concert was the best I ever saw. People would really go crazy. That is something you don't often see in our culture. Most of the time you see people just gently clapping after a song. In his concerts people would whistle, cheer, laugh and applaud even during the song. The whole atmosphere was different. I think Sajjad, Roy and other members who have seen him will agree. The shy humble man became a different man on the stage. His daughter said the same to me when I met her in September. She said: "Sometimes when we would see him on stage, we'd be like: I this our Dad?" blink1.gif

After this concert my crazyness of him started to speed up and as the years went by, he became more and more important to me. So important that I can say that he is a part of my life, who will always be a part of my life until the last breath I breathe. I love him with whole my heart and regularly cry when I listen to his voice, or see him or think about him. He was a living miracle. A man who was excellent in every aspect of sangeet and life.

Once I had a discussion wit someone, who said that in 30 years nobody will be interested in Rafi saab anymore because they don't know him and will forget him. I said to that person: "I see that young children who are born after his death still become a fan of him without even having seen him. This man was so great that he can't be forgotten."

You guys prove that this is true and will always be the case, as long as sangeet is In the world. And I'm therefore very glad to see the "after"-group in majority. clap1.gif

"Zamaana jab tak gajega, Mohammed Rafi yaad ajega".

Please forgive me for the long post, but I got carried away in his remembrance.

Harold
+Quote Post
iqbal
post Nov 30 2004, 05:15 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thank you very much Haroldbhai for the wonderful post, enjoyed it thoroughly.

I myself also became a fan around the same time as Antbhai (1983-84), I didn’t understand songs much then (I still don’t !) but at that time any song ‘sung’ by Amitabh was my favourite , songs like Rote huwe aate hai sab (remember singing this while cycling away), Ye dosti hum nahin, Angrezi mein kehte hai. Only when the songs of Coolie were released and people were saying a new singer in the style of Rafisaab has appeared, I loved the songs of Coole and then started searching for the songs of Rafisaab, really was amazed how the songs spanned from the 40s to the 80’s and were still being released until 1989 (5 decades).
+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:29 PM