Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mohd. Rafi – The Voice That Changed The Course Of Indian Movie Music Forever.

, Birthday Thoughts

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mohd. Rafi – The Voice That Changed The Course Of Indian Movie Music Forever., Birthday Thoughts
SAJDAH
post Dec 24 2006, 01:06 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 3708

It is that time of the year again – the season of goodwill and bonhomie when all is supposed to be well with the world. And true to spirit, it was on this day in the year 1924 a Mohd. Rafi is born.

An introduction to Rafi sahab or his music would be considered heresy; for his is a voice that needs no introduction, universally loved, admired and revered as he is.
If Music as they say has a soul, then that soul couldn’t have found a more befitting way to show its truer element than it does in the voice of Rafi sahab.

It wasn’t that Rafi sahab sang the songs that came his way so perfect that no one, but no one could have rendered then better – that achievement in excellence might be his very own, but the way he unconsciously ( consciously ? ) draws out the best in us ( the listeners ) – what of that ?
For inherent in his voice is that calming force that would check the very Devil on his wake.
His was a persona that would show a person in the glass for what they are – and reform them too. His goodness reflected in his voice, he might even be called a faith healer of a sort – for he always has and always will exert a positive influence on those who are in need of his healing touch.

Time winds to a stop when he sings. Peace reigns, troubles forgotten – you wish the moment would last forever.
An expressive face is considered to be an asset for every aspiring actor.
An expressive voice might be judged on the same plane, only that not everyone, aspiring singer or otherwise are lucky enough to possess this winsome quality.
And one facet that adds to the rare beauty of Rafi sahab’s voice is in its infinite expressiveness. Only wild Nature can ever hope to match the sheer intensity of power and passion that are held captive in his vocals.

A voice that’s ever pleasing, ever inspiring, ever entrancing – that’s our Rafi sahab.

Talent and goodness rarely go together, and when they do – you are awed by it. Dwarfed in its very presence. That is our Rafi sahab – he never had any flaws that he could call his own; his worth needing no validation whatsoever.
This isn’t yet another of those familiar sycophantic fan tributes - not to me, it isn’t.

Ho can a b’day celebration be complete without the customary gifts ? And knowing what would please you Rafi sahab, we’ve brought you the only gifts that cannot possibly be bought from any ‘store’ in the world. The gift of love, admiration, of veneration. The Universe Created thrice over wouldn’t be enough to hold them all.
For what you’ve given us is more than we’ll ever fathom or even deserve.
I would only be echoing what everyone knows and wish to say, is the Truth that Life would be a dreary, miserable place were it not lit up by the beauty of your songs.

Your voice Rafi sahab, is the only sanctuary that ever really comforted us often – in grief, in disappointment, in ill health and in pain. Many a pill has failed when just the gentle strains of a dearly loved song given voice by you have been known to work miracles. Miracle – that’s what your voice is. And you.

There are very few singers’ in this world who could hold sway over people’s hearts and souls, defying Time and Age – and you easily belong there.
Your immortality was ensured in every song you gave life to. Father Time rules its tyrannical hand over everything, but even he had to retreat disappointed before you. And why not ?
Life smiles and weeps through your voice. It couldn’t have chosen a better medium to express itself.

In an ugly, crazed world, yours is the voice of sanity that unifies where no unity seems possible.
Is that too just the charm at work or is it something more ? The Unseen Power at Work ?

There’s supposed to be an affinity between seasons and personality. If that’s true then why doesn’t it work for you ? The icy, chill of bleak December with your sunny, ever smiling persona. Affinity ?
I don’t see any.

The genial, gentle singer with the most genuine smile the world has ever seen. A singer and a gentleman – that’s the way we choose to remember you, Rafi sahab.

Never thought that God could be so selfish wanting to keep you all to Himself. Well, He got the math all wrong – for once.
Each day brings with it only an excuse to love you more – as if that’s even possible. We never would have known what true joy, peace, serenity, bliss is weren’t for the many beautiful songs that you gifted us with.
Your life, your music, everything about you is an inspiration to us. Then, now and ever.

We love you and your soul-captivating voice. Truth be told, I can’t quite decide what I am more enamoured with – the voice or the person ? Happily, I am not alone in this dilemma.

Most folks ( the rest hate to celebrate theirs at all ! ) get to celebrate their birthdays just once a year – and we celebrate yours every day, whenever we hear a song of yours.
And yet, here’s the interesting twist to the ‘riddle’ – you remain ever young in our minds and hearts. That’s how it should be – will always be.

You might have parted from us, but we certainly are in no mind to part with you – not quite. Not ever.

Eternal peace be with you Rafi sahab. Ameen.

Sajdah

IPB Image
"I live for those who love me, For those who know me true;
For the heaven so blue above me,
And the good that I can do."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
harihar
post Dec 24 2006, 01:10 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 4243

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Dec 24 2006, 01:06 AM) *

It is that time of the year again – the season of goodwill and bonhomie when all is supposed to be well with the world. And true to spirit, it was on this day in the year 1924 a Mohd. Rafi is born.

An introduction to Rafi sahab or his music would be considered heresy; for his is a voice that needs no introduction, universally loved, admired and revered as he is.
If Music as they say has a soul, then that soul couldn’t have found a more befitting way to show its truer element than it does in the voice of Rafi sahab.

It wasn’t that Rafi sahab sang the songs that came his way so perfect that no one, but no one could have rendered then better – that achievement in excellence might be his very own, but the way he unconsciously ( consciously ? ) draws out the best in us ( the listeners ) – what of that ?
For inherent in his voice is that calming force that would check the very Devil on his wake.
His was a persona that would show a person in the glass for what they are – and reform them too. His goodness reflected in his voice, he might even be called a faith healer of a sort – for he always has and always will exert a positive influence on those who are in need of his healing touch.

Time winds to a stop when he sings. Peace reigns, troubles forgotten – you wish the moment would last forever.
An expressive voice might be judged on the same plane only, that not everyone, aspiring singer or otherwise are lucky enough to possess this winsome quality.
And one facet that adds to the rare beauty of Rafi sahab’s voice is in its infinite expressiveness. Only wild Nature can ever hope to match the sheer intensity of power and passion that are held captive in his vocals.

A voice that’s ever pleasing, ever inspiring, ever entrancing – that’s our Rafi sahab.

Talent and goodness rarely go together, and when they do – you are awed by it. Dwarfed in its very presence. That is our Rafi sahab – he never had any flaws that he could call his own; his worth needing no validation whatsoever.
This isn’t yet another of those familiar sycophantic fan tributes - not to me, it isn’t.

Ho can a b’day celebration be complete without the customary gifts ? And knowing what would please you Rafi sahab, we’ve brought you the only gifts that cannot possibly be bought from any ‘store’ in the world. The gift of love, admiration, of veneration. The Universe Created thrice over wouldn’t be enough to hold them all.
I would only be echoing what everyone knows and wish to say, is the Truth that Life would be a dreary, miserable place were it not lit up by the beauty of your songs.

Your voice Rafi sahab, is the only sanctuary that ever really comforted us often – in grief, in disappointment, in ill health and in pain. Many a pill has failed when just the gentle strains of a dearly loved song given voice by you have been known to work miracles. Miracle – that’s what your voice is. And you.

There are very few singers’ in this world who could hold sway over people’s hearts and souls, defying Time and Age – and you easily belong there.
Your immortality was ensured in every song you gave life to. Father Time rules its tyrannical hand over everything, but even he had to retreat disappointed before you. And why not ?
Life smiles and weeps through your voice. It couldn’t have chosen a better medium to express itself.

In an ugly, crazed world, yours is the voice of sanity that unifies where no unity seems possible.
Is that too just the charm at work or is it something more ? The Unseen Power at Work ?

There’s supposed to be an affinity between seasons and personality. If that’s true then why doesn’t it work for you ? The icy, chill of bleak December with your sunny, ever smiling persona. Affinity ?
I don’t see any.

The genial, gentle singer with the most genuine smile the world has ever seen. A singer and a gentleman – that’s the way we choose to remember you, Rafi sahab.

Never thought that God could be so selfish wanting to keep you all to Himself. Well, He got the math all wrong – for once.
Each day brings with it only an excuse to love you more – as if that’s even possible. We never would have known what true joy, peace, serenity, bliss is weren’t for the many beautiful songs that you gifted us with.
Your life, your music, everything about you is an inspiration to us. Then, now and ever.

We love you and your soul-captivating voice. Truth be told, I can’t quite decide what I am more enamoured with – the voice or the person ? Happily, I am not alone in this dilemma.

Most folks ( the rest hate to celebrate theirs at all ! ) get to celebrate their birthdays just once a year – and we celebrate yours every day, whenever we hear a song of yours.
And yet, here’s the interesting twist to the ‘riddle’ – you remain ever young in our minds and hearts. That’s how it should be – will always be.

You might have parted from us, but we certainly are in no mind to part with you – not quite. Not ever.

Sajdah

Yaar aap kitaab kyun likhti apne aziz gayak pe your words contain what thousands would miss or have missed wub.gif wub.gif

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful..... AND Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven
+Quote Post
nadeem mohd
post Dec 24 2006, 02:15 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5214

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

Visit

█► DESISCANS.COM ◄█

IPB Image

+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Dec 24 2006, 02:30 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1609

Sajdah Sahiba every word that you have written speaks your love for him, As if your expressing on behalf of all Rafians so eloquently.

Thanks for these beautiful words.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAFI SAHAB

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Dec 24 2006, 01:23 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Happy birthday Rafi Sahab smile1.gif

As usual a great writeup by Sajdah ji.

A small video presentation from mohdrafi.com

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:

Part 6:

Part 7:

Part 8:

Part 9:

Part 10:

Part 11:

Part 12:

Part 13:

Part 14:

Part 15:

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
myawan
post Dec 24 2006, 02:59 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Happy Birthday to you...Rafi saab!!

TERI AWAZ KI JAADUGARI SE, NA JAANE KIS JAHAN MAIN KHO GEYA HOON...... wub.gif

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
zashakeel
post Dec 24 2006, 04:33 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 4

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Dec 24 2006, 01:06 AM) *

An expressive voice might be judged on the same plane, only that not everyone, aspiring singer or otherwise are lucky enough to possess this winsome quality.

I don’t see any.

Sajdah

NICE ONE, VERY NICE

Tum mujhe yuN bhula na paogey
Jab kabhi bhi sunogey GEET mere
sang sang tum bhi gungunaoge[font=Verdana][size=7]
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Dec 25 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

Excellent piece of work. Many thanks for thee efforts. Joining all the Rafi saab fans in wishing him on his 82nd Birthday !

Cheers
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
haneef
post Dec 25 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5938

Sajdah Ji, I haven't read anything more beautiful (ever) words written and dedicated to Mohd. Rafi Sahab on his birthday that you did so easily.
It is indeed a great tragedy on my part I always feel, that I have never met this singing Angel in person. But I am so very thankful to him from the deep depths of my soul, for the huge treasure he has left for us in the form of his songs. Rafi Sahab, only if you could've measured the love that we share for you, in the form of a ladder .... which would've reached all the way to heaven, you would be compelled to come back to us. And fill our saddened hearts again with your mesmerising voice.
I am a man of few words, but God indeed has been selfish here .... to take you away from us.

Happy Birthday Rafi Sahab !

Haneef
+Quote Post
kesuma
post Dec 25 2006, 05:25 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1399

Dear Sajdah Jii,

I've been admiring your piece of work since you joined HF and i sincerely appreciate your efforts. Sajdah jii, your words written so beautifully and it touches millions of hearts. May the love we have for Rafi Saab remains eternity. Al-Fateha.. Ameen!

HaPpY BiRtHdAy RAFI SAAB!!

Regards
~kes~

~Sometimes to realize you were well, someone must come along and hurt you.~
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Dec 27 2006, 05:46 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Harihar ji, Humblerafi sahab, Pradeep ji, ZA Shakeel sahab, Parag Sankla ji, Haneef sahab and Kesuma ji - Thank you all for your lovely comments - they are all very special.

Harihar ji - You've always been there to encourage me, especially with that idea of a book ( You said that to me last July too. See, i haven't forgotten ). smile.gif Thank you for having that sort of faith in my writing.
Maybe i ought to have made this piece a little longer, and i would have, only the thought of what happened with last July's tribute checked me in time.

Humblerafi sahab - I am not sure that i am the one who ought to be thanked - it is all Rafi sahab's doing. He inspires me, and i am thankful to him. wub.gif

Pradeep ji - I am very grateful to you for having this topic pinned. smile.gif Or else it might have lost its way like the other July tribute. Or maybe not, they are words after all - they'll live on, find a life on their own. Rafi sahab would make sure of that.

Z A Shakeel sahab - Thanks yet again for taking out time to go through the piece and offer your positive comments. I shall ever be thankful to you. smile.gif

Parag Sankla ji - Thanks for looking in this thread and posting those wonderful comments. smile.gif

Haneef sahab - I ought to be the one thanking you for those beautiful words about Rafi sahab - He's the reason we are all gathered here. Like you said there wouldn't be anyone who loved Rafi sahab who didn't wish we had got to spend more Time with him. sad.gif

Kes ji - Jazak'allah for those sweet thoughts - hope that my next piece on Rafi sahab would also be received so well. smile.gif

Yusuf sahab - Perfect choice of words for Rafi sahab - his voice was indeed magic, pure magic. wub.gif

Nadeem sahab - Thanks for that nice picture tribute as well. smile.gif

THANK YOU ALL once again. Insha'allah we'll meet again in the New Year. wub.gif
May the coming year make all your hopes and dreams come true. Ameen.

Regards,

Sajdah

IPB Image
+Quote Post
harihar
post Dec 27 2006, 05:59 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 4243

QUOTE(SAJDAH @ Dec 27 2006, 05:46 PM) *

THANK YOU ALL once again. Insha'allah we'll meet again in the New Year. wub.gif
May the coming year make all your hopes and dreams come true. Ameen.

Regards,

SAJDAH

Thank you to us why? We thank you for putting across such a wonderful article, something that we can all treasure and you know what, no matter how long the article is if it provides "food" than I don't mind reading from the first word to the last. Do keep up such great work.

And no doubt wishing all well on HF that we all meet next year and reminiscent the good old times we all share with music and banish all the animosity with each other and live like a family biggrin.gif

Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true and beautiful..... AND Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. ~Ludwig van Beethoven
+Quote Post
Harold
post Dec 31 2006, 06:29 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 137

Sajdah-ji,

Great job!!!

Thanks for the clips to Pradeep and to Nadeem for the beautiful image. wink.gif

I can't write as good as you Sajdah-ji, but I i know one thing. That this man has changed me forever.

He is in my life and heart every single day that goes by. When I feel sad he gives me comfort and I fload away on the waves of his incredible beautiful voice. I cannot imagine a human being having such a beautiful voice. But still he had it!

Were it not, that i heard it myself, otherwise it would be hard to believe. More than 26 years have gone by since he left us. More than 65 years have gone by since he sang his first movie-song, but after all these years, no one ever came even close to him.

And it is not their fault. Its the magnificent combination of ingredients present in Rafi-saabs voice and voice-ability, that make him incomparable. All these fine ingredients are never present in one person, but he had them al lined up. And to make it even more complex for competition, it was all built on a magnificent character and personality:

So now its even multiple impossible to come close to him, because you have to beat far too much aspects in his voice and character. And that my friends, IS impossible.

May ALLAH grant him Paradise !!!

Happy birthday my dear and beloved Mohammed Rafi-sahab. !!! May you rest in peace !!!
+Quote Post
nasir
post Jan 6 2007, 10:55 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5763

Sajdahji you write as though you're possessed. And why not? You're surely enthraldled by the soul of Rafi Sahaab - which many of us fans cannot claim.

Cheers and more power to your pen.

All the best.

With warm regards,

NASIR.

p.s. It is unfortunate that I came across this writing only now. smile.gif

NASIR.

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
+Quote Post
SAJDAH
post Jan 9 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Harold @ Dec 31 2006, 06:29 AM) *

Sajdah-ji,

Great job!!!

Thanks for the clips to Pradeep and to Nadeem for the beautiful image. wink.gif

I can't write as good as you Sajdah-ji, but I i know one thing. That this man has changed me forever.

He is in my life and heart every single day that goes by. When I feel sad he gives me comfort and I fload away on the waves of his incredible beautiful voice. I cannot imagine a human being having such a beautiful voice. But still he had it!

Were it not, that i heard it myself, otherwise it would be hard to believe. More than 26 years have gone by since he left us. More than 65 years have gone by since he sang his first movie-song, but after all these years, no one ever came even close to him.

And it is not their fault. Its the magnificent combination of ingredients present in Rafi-saabs voice and voice-ability, that make him incomparable. All these fine ingredients are never present in one person, but he had them al lined up. And to make it even more complex for competition, it was all built on a magnificent character and personality:

So now its even multiple impossible to come close to him, because you have to beat far too much aspects in his voice and character. And that my friends, IS impossible.

May ALLAH grant him Paradise !!!

Happy birthday my dear and beloved Mohammed Rafi-sahab. !!! May you rest in peace !!!

Harold sahab, if fine sounding words are all that it takes to make a writer of anyone, then everyone on this planet would be an author, and acclaimed ones at that. Thank goodness, that’s not the case.

You mentioned in your tribute that “this man changed you forever” – that’s just it.

That one statement says it all, anything more would be superfluous.

IPB Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:29 PM