Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mera Mann Kyoon Tujhe Chahe

, duet-me and my wife

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mera Mann Kyoon Tujhe Chahe, duet-me and my wife
kurtcobain
post May 18 2005, 10:46 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 762

dear friends,

i hope you will enjoy listening to this duet...mera mann, from the movie 'mann', MD'S -sanjeev darshan

me and my wife used to compete against each other in the annual singing competition during our medical college days (she won gold for 4 consequetive years)

she is much more accomplished than me...she holds a BA in classical music, has performed on all-india radio, and also represented our medical college in the national inter-college competition, PULSE (at AIIMS, delhi)

now we are both working as established doctors in the UK, so our voices might be slighly blunt....but i hope you enjoy the recording never-the-less

KS fanclub website
KS fanclub message board- home of more than 600 KS fans
user posted image user posted image
user posted imageuser posted image
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rom
post May 20 2005, 09:22 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 233

Decent attempt, kurtcobain-ji. And as you say, your better half is indeed the better singer.
A couple of suggestions...
One, perhaps the background music could have been revved up. Two, KC-ji, you do better when singing lower notes. So my suggestion is, go for soft numbers, not the ones that require full-throated singing.
Also, it seems to me that both of you need to sing thoda khul ke... if you know what I mean.
Isn't this number originally by Udit Narayan and Alka Yagnik? Do give us a Sanu number sometime.
All the best!

THE INTELLIGENT MUST MAKE CONCESSIONS!
+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post May 20 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

thanks for your advice and encouragement dost !

i'll try to send in a soft sanu number ... i'm afraid i find sanu songs particularly hard to sing, perhaps because i don't have a particularly 'bassy' voice.... but i shall try never-the-less

is there any particular sanu song you would like to hear ?, i could send in the recording on your 'farmaish'

by the way, do you sing rom bhai ?, you certainly give very good and detailed advice/ guidance !

KS fanclub website
'king of melody' kumar sanu recieving ARTIST OF THE DECADE award at Atlantic City,USA
+Quote Post
rom
post May 20 2005, 01:44 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

You're most welcome!
And do sing a Sanu song of your own choice... Or sing 'Tere Hum, Ae Sanam'... the first Sanu song I'd heard.
And no, I'm no singer... it's just that these points came to my mind, and they might not be valid too, after all.

+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post May 20 2005, 04:36 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

my suggestion is, go for soft numbers, not the ones that require full-throated singing.

sing 'Tere Hum, Ae Sanam'... the first Sanu song I'd heard.

yaar 'tere hum' isn't a soft song (plus , where will i generate the bass from ?), koi soft romantic sanu number ki farmaish kar do yaar

KS fanclub website
+Quote Post
rom
post May 20 2005, 04:57 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Oh, I had just named the song that came first to my mind.
Well, perhaps 'Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaaye'? Or Mera Dil Bhi Kitna Pagal Hei? What do you say?

+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post May 20 2005, 11:55 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

i would like to share MERA DIL BHI KITNA PAAGAL HAI with you as requested by rom bhai

i know all the criticisms in advance,

my voice in obviously not as 'bassy' or 'buland' as kumar sanu,

the range KS has across the sur(especially low range) can be matched by very few singers, let alone a mortal like me....you will find me really struggling there

also, the sad/senti expression that sanu gets on the high range (partly due to the nasal touch in the voice) can be matched by very few, (i often compare it to mukesh's classic high range swar)

anyways, do listen to the recording once (beshak sunte hi delete kar dena)

KS fanclub website
+Quote Post
rom
post May 25 2005, 09:08 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks for recording and uploading this song at my request. Have been busy, so downloaded and listened to it only today.
Good effort again, KC! Not an easy song to sing, though.
Keep working hard and you might yet bring down the roof at stage shows! thumbs-up.gif

+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post May 25 2005, 05:12 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Thanks for recording and uploading this song at my request. Have been busy, so downloaded and listened to it only today.
Good effort again, KC! Not an easy song to sing, though.
Keep working hard and you might yet bring down the roof at stage shows! 

thanks rom bhai bye.gif

my days of stage shows are almost over unfortunately, although i was a regular during college days

i did sing two songs on stage last diwali though, at a show organised by 'west midlands indian doctors association' at one of the best stages in birmingham 'second city suite'

i sang
-'chaudvin ka chand ho' solo, and
-'tujhe jeewan ki dor se', duet with my wife

on the diwali celebration the year before that i had sung
-'mujhe ishk hai tujhi se'
on the same venue.....

its through this forum and friends like you, that i try to keep my voice polished and tuned, otherwise it doesn't take much time to get rusty!

thanks wink2.gif

KS fanclub website
+Quote Post
SAJJAD
post May 25 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Here's my analysis on the 1st song: wink2.gif

* Kurt babu - u have a better voice then ur wife! but ur wife sings better then u laugh.gif If U (Kurt) take singing lessons, then u'll be far ahead of her! I truly like ur fresh open voice....u seem to sing with full throat rather then going nasal! That's BIG PLUS! My suggestion - work on one song till u perfected it! Don't take a tough song....Select a simple song and work on it till u have it right! If u jump from 1 song to another, then u will never be able to get any song right! Remember, practice makes perfect! Singing is not getting the tune or notes right, but it has to come from ur heart! This is the difference btw u and the pro's!

ALL the best! Keep singing.... bye.gif

If you get in bed with government, you should expect to walk funny the next day!!!!!!!!!!!
+Quote Post
kurtcobain
post May 25 2005, 09:41 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Here's my analysis on the 1st song: 

* Kurt babu - u have a better voice then ur wife! but ur wife sings better then u  If U (Kurt) take singing lessons, then u'll be far ahead of her! I truly like ur fresh open voice....u seem to sing with full throat rather then going nasal! That's BIG PLUS! My suggestion - work on one song till u perfected it! Don't take a tough song....Select a simple song and work on it till u have it right! If u jump from 1 song to another, then u will never be able to get any song right! Remember, practice makes perfect! Singing is not getting the tune or notes right, but it has to come from ur heart! This is the difference btw u and the pro's!

ALL the best! Keep singing....

thanks sajjad bhai smile1.gif
you have always encouraged me to sing on and on since i can remember

i'm also looking forward to your analysis of
-mera dil bhi kitna paagal hai, and
-'badi udaas hai zindagi' on the following thread
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?showtopic=10277&st=15

thanks again

KS fanclub website
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:25 PM