Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Psychology

> Psychology
IDOL
post May 26 2006, 08:50 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1583

Self Help For Depression
Tips For Dealing With Depression

1.THINKING POSITIVE LY
To Change Your Internal Dialogue

You are your thoughts.

Your perception of yourself and the world around you shapes the way you feel and how you relate to other people and events.

And your perception of yourself and the world is shaped by your thoughts.

Your thoughts affect whether you feel relaxed or worried, calm, stressed or depressed.

In essence, your internal dialogue is VERY powerful and really can influence your health.

"You don't have to control your thoughts; you just have to stop letting them control you."

-- Dan Millman --

So THINKING POSITIVE LY is crucial in dealing with your health, CFS, FMS or depression...

It's vital to your well-being that your inner thoughts are positive and healthy.

Makes sense right? Well, now check out the following shocking fact…

.......................................................................IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 14)
IDOL
post May 26 2006, 08:51 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

AFFIRMATION POSITIVE
and negative self talk
AFFIRMATION POSITIVE : An amazing 72% of our self-talk is negative! Positive affirmations are a great way of learning a more positive state of mind…

Psychologists estimate that about 72% of our self-talk is self-critical or negative! IPB Image

To put in perspective how bad this affects us, here's an example:

Say you have a bad argument or a negative, conversation with someone (who is criticizing you) that lasts, say 15 minutes. Try and think back to an argument or negative conversation you might have had where you felt upset as a result.

Imagine how these words affected you. Imagine how it made you feel.

The likelihood is that you would then experience some negative thoughts and feelings because of that negative conversation. And these negative thoughts may also trigger physical reactions, which include tension or your heart rate getting faster for example.

That's a big effect for only 15 minutes of negative or critical conversation!

So just think how badly affected you are by your thoughts, when you are around your own negative, stressful, worrisome or self-critical self-talk twenty-four-seven!!! IPB Image

When you think about it, you talk to yourself (by way of your thoughts) every waking moment of your life. No-one can hear those thoughts – that inner-dialogue. No-one can hear them but you.

And no-one can control them but you…

So pay attention to your internal dialogue. If you are depressed, then your internal dialogue is probably very negative.

Keep your AFFIRMATION POSITIVE! Be aware of what you say to yourself. Learn to thinking positively by purposefully saying positive affirmations to yourself. They can really help to turn your thoughts around...

Remember that you are with yourself twenty-four-seven, so being around your negative thoughts all the time is bound to worsen your depression. You are your own company after all.

So try to think as positively as you can. But how?

What can you do to change your thoughts to more positive ones?

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
IDOL
post May 26 2006, 08:54 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Keep your AFFIRMATIONS POSITIVE
Keep your AFFIRMATIONS POSITIVE: positive affirmations can help you to find a healthier and happier state of mind…

Nothing in this world is more important than a healthy state of mind. You sleep better…

...things are easier to cope with… life is exciting… you feel motivated and enthusiastic… everything is an exciting opportunity…

The good news is that there are ways to learn a more positive way of thinking – of learning a calmer, more relaxed state of mind.

Meditations, positive affirmations (AFFIRMATIONS POSITIVE), gratitude journals, and self-talk, are all ways that can help to change your thought patterns (but if you are moderately or severely depressed, then you should consult your doctor who will prescribe you a more appropriate course of action).

a healthier state of mindIt's like planting a seed. Nourish your mind with continued repetition of positive affirmations ((AFFIRMATIONS POSITIVE)) everyday and you will find yourself beginning to think more calmly and positively.

Give yourself time for the positive talk (AFFIRMATIONS POSITIVE) to sink into your psyche – it takes time.

keep your AFFIRMATIONS POSITIVE & repeat them often...Repetition is the key. Like a seed growing, the more you nourish your mind with a particular positive thought, the more powerful it will become in your mind.

So keep your AFFIRMATIONS POSITIVE and repeat them every day.

+Quote Post
IDOL
post May 26 2006, 09:17 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Positive Company Keeps You THINKING POSITIVE LY
A good tip for depression sufferers for THINKING POSITIVE LY is to make sure that they are around positive people. The company you keep really influences whether you are THINKING POSITIVE LY

Just like you need to fill your head with positive thoughts (THINKING POSITIVE LY), you should try surrounding yourself with positive people.

They will lift your morale and you'll be surprised at how quickly their positivity will rub off on you.

If your friends or family are negative or depressed themselves, it may unfortunately hinder your recovery from depression.

It doesn't mean ditching them! It just means that broadening your circle of friends and associates might be worth considering.

You should make a conscious effort to be around positive people as much as you can, at least for the time being.

For friendship and support, try Sleepydust's FMS and CFS message board.

Another way of learning ways of THINKING POSITIVE LY is to read books by postive authors. After all – books are written by people!

So if you can't be around people who are THINKING POSITIVE LY...

...then surround yourself with books written by people who are THINKING POSITIVE LY! IPB Image

IPB Image But beware – not all books will make you feel better and some might even make you feel worse!

+Quote Post
IDOL
post May 26 2006, 09:19 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

DEPRESSION HELP & SUPPORT
For sufferers of DEPRESSION HELP and support is a MUST. If you suffer from depression, get the help and support you need from websites, associations, help lines and support groups…

Depression is a very lonely and soul-destroying condition.

Don't go through it alone. There is DEPRESSION HELP out there.

Don't be afraid to ask for help from your friends, family and doctor.

There are also support groups, associations, and help-lines whose sole purpose is to give you the support you need.

So you really are not alone!

What's more, there's lots of help online too!

So give it a go...

...reach out and someone will hear you...

+Quote Post
RafiKiAwaaz
post May 26 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 1855

Thank You, wealth of information!!! How true, the way you look at yourself is soooo important!!!
RKA
+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post May 29 2006, 02:29 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2547

wave1.gif Idol ji I liked ur thread. I know many will be ignoring it. thinking that these things are for psychiatric patients or for over Stressed students. I think they are wrong. ALL of us shd follow these thngs for more happiness.

HF is vary vast.. tht s why I missed this thread. Soon I will start one thread on similar lines.......but with music angle.

will visit again.......abhi thoda jaldi mein hoon rolleyes.gif

sonu

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
+Quote Post
Nimii
post May 29 2006, 02:41 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Depression aided with no help to handle failures ends up fatal. Offlate many kids who have flunked exams have started taking extreme steps by ending their lives.

Wish there were more failure management Counsellors available in schools and colleges!!!!!!!!!!! Peer pressure, parents pressurizing the kids .. phew!! Education has become a burden than a illuminating a child's future.

Sonu Delhi mein already 2 such cases ka report bhi aaya hai cry.gif

N cry.gif
+Quote Post
IDOL
post May 29 2006, 08:01 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

thank to all for likin this topic..................

ur right nimz................i guess big universities need well trained psycholgists to help students overcome obstacles

+Quote Post
IDOL
post May 29 2006, 08:02 AM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

After you're over your depression, you'll still encounter occasional bad moods. Nonetheless, realising that bad moods aren't intolerable, and that you can do something about them may help prevent them from spiralling into a longer-lasting depression. Here are some tips for handling the blues and keeping upbeat.

Chomping on chocolate

Various types of food reputedly affect moods. People probably turn to chocolate as frequently as they do any of the other mood-altering foods. A host of the substances found in chocolate have been cited as being responsible for its mood-lifting effects. However, some researchers believe that chocolate, like most especially palatable foods, alters mood primarily by causing a release of endorphins, the brain's opiates. If you find that chocolate works for you, indulge a little when a bad mood sets in.

Warning

If you're a chocoholic, and you feel pronounced guilt when you indulge in chocolate, this isn't the food for you when you feel low. Guilt will only deepen your funk. As with all things, moderation is the key.

Doing something nice

Doing something nice for someone else is one of the best ways you can extricate yourself from a bad mood. It helps you refocus your attention away from what put you in the bad mood and onto other people, in a positive way. And your improved mood is likely to last a lot longer than it will with other nice, quick fix pleasures like

+Quote Post
IDOL
post May 29 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

MY NOTES:

these will be notes based on my experience or study in books...........either u eliminate readin this part or should u wish, u can continue........it's gonna be like diary pages

+Quote Post
IDOL
post May 29 2006, 08:26 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

My Notes:

Subject: Tone

People use different tones while they are speaking. word means something litrary, but the tone might be an internal emotion for the time being. we , often, get hurt and get deceived with words. i write a shortstory to illusterate the point.

-a boy and a girl are in luv.....due to circumstances, one goes to another country........at the time when girl used to say " i luv u" was passionate, pure and helpless.............four months later........the boy said i luv u..........sounded content, patient and compromising .................two years later, he says the same word, but tone is totally off...................it doesn't touch ur heart anymore........

OR:-

-a nice and caring friend promises that whenever u need to go to shopping , he can give u a ride.....................after a while, he repeats the same word but with frusteration...........he seems to be chained with the word that he's not willing to achieve it anymore..........here comes the term TONE..........the tone that was required at the beginning was a spark of emotion.......and this makes huge difference in our lives

people's sixth sense is stronger than the five ones..........caoz the sixth can hear,see,taste,touch, and can smell danger, changes, and problem from a very long distance.........like u can say, one smells danger

Point: is that we need to perdict the situation before it happens and hurts..........it will save people from being betrayed, embarrassed, and hurt........it is like regular doctor check up.........check friend, love's tone everytime he/she makes the statement.......dun expect exact or more, and u will be safe........Good Luck!

+Quote Post
Nimii
post May 29 2006, 11:29 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Ayyo me is depressed now only cry.gif

N sobsob.gif
+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post May 30 2006, 03:37 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2547

Idol good notes( made by u???)

these are small things which we usually tend to neglect...but these are of importance.

A small note on counsellors

A counsellor is very cool headed person....... jiski understanding kaafi achi hoti hai problems ki....specially human psychology ko.For psychological problems many counseller are availble....marriage, alchol, studies, youth problems, jobs , career etc

agar by luck u manage to get a "TRUSTABLE" counseller u are v lucky. We can discuss every thing with them like our problems..our mood swings, or any other pvt problems.

When we were kids we used to discuss our probs wth our parents..later with frds or partners. but not all are lucky . some times u dont find a suitable understanding person who can guide us in our problems ....thats where counsellers come into picture.

Taking help of a Understanding counseller with whom we dont have any emotional relation helps a lot. he/she can pinpoint our mistakes or cause of problems. which many times we wont like to admit with our close ones.

counselling is not always related with psychaitric problem. Counselling iss just abt anylysing and sharing our problem with a professional , who can guide us better. If we are discussing our problems with our frds, close ones..its exactly like counselling.( so we do take help from relatives/frds who counsel us)

so whenever if u feel like having some problem....DONT EVER hesitate to take help of counseller. only condition IMO is that that person shd be trustable.

These were my views..lack clarity so for further expert views u can contact any counsellors available.

Ek survey ki hisaab se majority of us need counselling help many times in life.( it can be for any thing..)

Few net links.........:

http://www.counseling.org/

http://www.counseling.mtu.edu/PersonalCounseling.htm

few counseling links

http://www.counselloronline.ca/process.htm

jaisa gautam budha keh gaye hai....." its all in mind" ..so bacha keep ur self health. biggrin.gif .

healthy mind healthy body rolleyes.gif

Open to corrections

god bless

Sonu

PS : Idol ji.....gustakhi maaf.... abt ur signature lines..:...thodi philosphical hai.....but not incouraging. every one knows ...we wer born and willl die 1day.........but no ones wants to be reminded again and again abt this...??? smile.gif . agar bura na maane to plz do change it.

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
+Quote Post
IDOL
post May 30 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

dear sonu,

thanks for participating and liking this thread...........i'm glad a good and active person is involved here............yes, i wrote those notes.........i gave information about my notes too..........that this might be based on my experience or on studies from Persian books........

about signature..........unfortunately, i am not able to change it for a while................whatever i make in my surrouding ,it has somethin to do with my own life.....................this signature , encourages me(however, u found it discouraging sad1.gif )...........this is the outline of life.........in case u ( me )get too drowned in material world.........seein this gives a big relief......sakoon milta hain....on the other hand, i am at the peak of my education (between university and college) ...........word "success" pushes me forward.............because here, it came 2nd in life's potential steps.........i'm sorry if this signature is not pleasing u..........u may ignore it untill i am done with my finals.............sorry for inconvience

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:51 AM