Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses

65 Pages V « < 63 64 65  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nostalgia......yesteryear Actresses
jassi
post Feb 19 2009, 05:57 PM
Post #961

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 7657

yeah..she was also there in do phool starring vinod mehra,mehmood and aruna irani(govinda's aankhen was remake of it)it had funny songs like matkodi kawadi(some south words,who was actress with mehmood) and mmmmaaf karo,jjjjaane do..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nasir
post Feb 20 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #962

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5763

QUOTE(jassi @ Feb 19 2009, 05:57 PM) *

yeah..she was also there in do phool starring vinod mehra,mehmood and aruna irani(govinda's aankhen was remake of it)it had funny songs like matkodi kawadi(some south words,who was actress with mehmood) and mmmmaaf karo,jjjjaane do..

The woman singing Muttkodi kawaadi hadaa... on the screen is Rama Prabha, a telegu actress. smile.gif

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
+Quote Post
jassi
post Feb 20 2009, 10:14 AM
Post #963

Group Icon

ok
+Quote Post
nasir
post Feb 25 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #964

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jassi @ Feb 20 2009, 10:14 AM) *

ok

Jassi, I've a feeling that the same lady had also featured in Mehmood's KUNWARA BAAP (1974). You know, she looks after the infant that Mehmood finds in a trash can. Any idea?

NASIR
+Quote Post
jassi
post Feb 26 2009, 12:18 PM
Post #965

Group Icon

well i dont think so,but she was also a south indian actress
+Quote Post
nasir
post Feb 28 2009, 02:47 AM
Post #966

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(jassi @ Feb 26 2009, 12:18 PM) *

well i dont think so,but she was also a south indian actress

Fine!

NASIR
+Quote Post
jassi
post Mar 21 2009, 11:23 AM
Post #967

Group Icon

i badly wanna know abt indira billi,since we are working on the entire list of punjabi films,i want to write abt her too,but there is no information abt her
i also wanna know if vimi acted in only one punjabi movie,or there were some more
and apart from nishi and indira who were most celebrated faces of punjabi cinema of 50s,60s and early 70s
and if these both actresses ever worked in any punjabi film together.
+Quote Post
iambibhash
post Mar 30 2009, 12:53 AM
Post #968

Group Icon

Member No.: 107748

I am an avid collector of yesteryear movies and I have seen all movies of actress Shakila. And I think she was the MOST GORGEOUS ACTRESS to ever grace the Indian Film Industry. I am really smitten by her beauty. I would like to know more about her. There is hardly any information available on the net other than some pictures. I came across your posts on hamara forums and so I think you can help me out. I really want to know about her both before and post-acting life, what she does today, where she lives, about her family etc. I would be really grateful if you could help.

QUOTE(jassi @ Feb 5 2009, 06:37 PM) *

this topic seems to be dead..i want to bring it back

Begum Para: Mother of tele-actor Ayub Khan, she rarely emerges out of her Versova apartment

Salma AghaShakila: The chiselled beauty of the 1950s, best remembered for Hatim Tai and CID, resurfaces occasionally at the Cannes festival (!) and at Bandra's Jogging Park

Nanda: The chhoti bahen of yore, as reclusive as Suchitra Sen and Nalini Jaywant

Ameeta: The tonga companion of Shammi Kapoor in Tumsa Nahin Dekha, returnedto tinsel zone with her daughter Sabia who was allegedly traumatised by Rajesh Khanna. Mother and daughter were never heard of again

Rajshree: V Shantaram's daughter who left movies like Suhaag Raat incomplete, on marriage to a Los Angelisian

Sabita Chatterjee: The apple-faced heroine of B-grade movies was never heard of in the colour era

Nishi: On the vampish side, she married Raj Kumar Kohli and quit

Indira Billi: Totally camp, she was called Billi for her light eyes. Featured with Balraj Sahni in film noir Black Cat and entranced Raaj Kumar in Mere Huzoor

Zaherra: She even did a bit part in the 007 flick On Her Majesty's Secret Service... then poof!

Zahida: Niece of Nargis and consort to Dev Anand in Prem Pujari, Gambler

Kalpana: Heroine of Shammi Kapoor in Professor... no verified information available

Nazima: The eternal sister subjected to a record number of rape scenes

Nazneen: In the Nazima mould, she toted a hit with the successful Muslim social Mere Gharib Nawaz

Archana: A St Xavier's College graduate, she debuted in Hrishikesh Mukherjee's Budha Mil Gaya. Like the Swades heroine, Gayatri Joshi, she preferred marriage to the movies

Rinku Jaiswal: Last sighted in hot pants with Shashi Kapoor in Mr Romeo

Prema Narayan: Vanished soon after Umrao Jaan

Kum Kum: Rekha swears by her dances to this day. Last seen in Ramanand Sagar's Jalte Badan

Zeb Rehman: The scene stealer of Jeevan Mrityu and Aankhen

Radha Saluja: Film Institute graduate, the Do Raha girl, today running a travel agency in LA

Rehana Sultan: Also from the Film Institute, daring to go all the way in shock value in Chetna, whose director BR Ishara shemarried and retired prematurely

Kim: The Disco Dancer heroine was linked to Danny Denzongpa and then... who knows

Helena Luke: Mithun Chakraborty's wife for the briefest of times, whooped it up as a hoity toity memsaab in Manmohan Desai's Mard

This post has been edited by iambibhash: Mar 30 2009, 09:40 PM
+Quote Post
jassi
post Jun 6 2009, 12:58 PM
Post #969

Group Icon

Attached Image
70s when 50s and 60s most of actresses were leaving films.Hema,Zeenat,Jaya,Reekha,Reena etc filled the blank place.Many new faces were coming,some got recognition,some could not.Apart from mentioned actress Rakhee,Parveen B,Neetu Singh,Moushumi C etc were other top actresses.Shabana and Smita were also in same league.Actresses like Leena Chandrawaker,Yogita Bali,Sulakshana Pandit,Ranjeeta etc also got success and got to work with Big Banneres.
Attached Image
There were many actresses who were one film wonder.Budha Mil Gaya's Archana or may be kalpana made a very nice entry into films,but lost soon.
Attached Image
Dimple Kapadiya's name can be also mentioned in one film wonder.She made a great debut with Bobby,got great reviews and Best Actress Award(Youngest Best Actress Award Winner till the date).But she choose to marrie Rajesh Khanna.But after almost decade she again made entry to films and she was welcomed.She was one wonder of 70s,but turned out to be super star of 80s.
Just like Dimple South's Lakshami made impressive debut with Julie.She was talk of town,she too won best actress award for her performance(said to be one of the wrong choice of Filmfare).But in hindi films she could not adjust herself.Almost after 30 years she made comeback with Akshaye Khanna,Kareena starrer Hulchul.
Attached Image
There was also an actress called Rehana Sultana,who made debut with Sanjeev Kumar in film called Dastak in early 70s.Where Luxmi won Filmfare Best Actrees Award for Julie,this lady won National Award and This National Award wining actress was not part of Art films,but B grade bold films.After doing such bold stuff she got married to Bold filmmaker B.R.Ishara.
There were many such actresses who even tried to make it big,but they could not for e.g Bindiya Goswami,Vidya Sinha,Rameshwari,Zareena Wahab,Sarika,Kajal Kiran etc.
Some actresses became supporting actresses and vamps like Bharti,Anjana Mumtaz,Padma Khanna,Asha Sachdeva,Chand Usmani,Jaishree T,Kajri,Prema Naryan,Zaheera,Sonia Sahni,Heena Kausar,Shoma Anand,Padmini Kapila etc.
Attached Image
There are some more one hit wonders Balika Badhu fame Rajni Sharma could not get good offeres and she accepted supporting roles,she did some Punjabi Films too.Hum Kisi Se Kam Nahin fame Kajal Kiran did some films,but she too became part of side roles and b grade flicks.Somehow Sarika was still lucky coz she got some big banners,even she mostly played supporting and extra kinda roles.An Actress called Nasim played daughter of Waheeda Rehman and Amitabh Bacchan in Kabhi Kabhie of Yash Chopra.But hardly got any other film.Dimple's sister Simple Kapadiya too made dream debut oppocite her Brother-in-Law Rajesh Khanna in Anurodh.But she could not get success and accpted some supporting roles.Later she designed cloths for some films.
Attached Image
Most of new actresses were making their debut with author backed roles,but already esteblished and top actresses like Neetu Singh and Parveen Babi hardly got such roles,it means most of actresses were bound in same roles.That was quite bad,coz new actresses who were light of few months got good roles,but reknown actresses were not having memorable in their filmography.For e.g if Parveen or Neetu wud have done Julie,it wud have been memorable stuff.Bcoz most of people hardly knows the name of leading lady of Julie...well it was South's actress Luxmi as it mentioned earlier.Today if one remember julie its either for Sridevi's first hindi film as child artist or for the music,but not for lakshami.New actresses were coming in mid of 70s,but very few were making it big,hardly two...but even they were not long running actresses.They were disappearing,new faces were coming.Show was going on...and in last of 70s bollywood finally got long running actresses..who made it big in 80s....

+Quote Post
jassi
post Jun 23 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #970

Group Icon

guys post something,discuss abt these girls and look at these rare pics..
+Quote Post
Tariq_M
post Sep 2 2009, 04:35 PM
Post #971

Unregistered

This is Ragini's Picture, not Padmini's.

QUOTE(jassi @ Jun 19 2007, 03:37 PM) *

Padmini
Born in 1932,Padmini was small time bollywood actress,but she was super star in south and did good work in hindi films too.Her elder sister Lalitha and younger sister Ragini were also renowned film actresses.Padmini had her early education at Mahila Mandiram School and at Sea Shell convent in Thiruvananthapuram. Later she devoted her entire time and energy in pursuing classical dance and has been religiously doing it for the past 64 years.At 14, she became a member of a dance troupe that toured various parts of India. At the age of 17, Padmini became the heroine of the Hindi film "Kalpana," .Later she did films like Jis desh mein ganga behti hai. She then went on to act in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam films.But she nevar did so many films in Hindi.Padmini has acted with all the leading heroes during that age, which include legendary stars like Raj Kapoor, Dev Anand,Rajinder Kumar,Dharamendra,Sivaji Ganesan, MGR, Prem Nazir, and Raj Kumar.She got married to Dr. KT Ramachandran in 1961.Her Mera Naam Joker s one scene create lot of hoo haa. She left the soaring acting career and settled for family life. 1977, she started her own school 'Padmini School of Fine Arts' at the basement of her house in New Jersey with four students.Late film actress Richa Sharma, Sanjay Dutt's wife was one of her students. She is a founder-member of the Hindu Temple Society of North American. She is also associated with many charities.In 1981 her husband died at the age of 48. Their only son Premanand is an official with the Warner Brothers. He acted in one Malayalam movie and produced three documentaries.

She got Filmfare Best Actress Nomination for Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai and Filmfare Best Supportiung Actress Nomintation for Kaajal and she won the award Kaajal and also won Best actress awards(South) of the Film Fans Association in 1954,'59,'61 and '66.

Her Performances-Kalpana(with Ashok K),Kaajal(with Meena K,Rajkumar,Dharamendra),Jis Desh Mein Ganga Behti Hai(with Raj K),Bhai Behan(with Ashok K,Sunil D,Nutan),Mahabharat(with Pradeep K,Dara Singh),Vaasna(with Rajkumar,Biswajeet),Chanda aur Bijli(with Sanjeev Kumar,Sachin) and Mera Naam Joker(with Raj K,Rajendra K,Dharamendra,Manoj K,Simi,Rishi Kapoor)etc.

+Quote Post
RafiKiAwaaz
post Oct 8 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #972

Group Icon

Member No.: 1855

Attached ImageGreat stuff from everyone!! Can someone tell me about yester year actress and great dancer Padma Khanna. Where she is, is she married? I always felt she could have been so much more! Thanks!
+Quote Post
jassi
post Oct 23 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #973

Group Icon

lets re start it
+Quote Post

65 Pages V « < 63 64 65
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:49 AM