Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hemesha Jawaan Geet

, Tribute to SriLanka Brodcasting Corporation

35 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hemesha Jawaan Geet, Tribute to SriLanka Brodcasting Corporation
khawar Sohail
post Sep 5 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #136

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 19849

Here is a fabulous geet by HWM from Tiger Gang. This geet reminds me of Rafi's Madhuban mein radhika naache re composed in Raag Hamir. ...khawar
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Sep 5 2010, 01:52 PM
Post #137

Group Icon

HWM has sung the best ghazals by Bahadur Shah Zafar, although it is controversial if all these BSZ ghazals infact have been writen by himself. According to The last Moghul BSZ was never given any material to write any thing. The writings on walls may have been erased by British security guards.
Here is one such ghazal which has an extra verse (#2). Prabharkar and Faraaj sahib comments are awaited...khawar
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Sep 5 2010, 04:26 PM
Post #138

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 5 2010, 06:07 PM) *

Is it possible Faraaj sahib for you to download the Doc. file I uploaded re Gohar jan, extract the Picture and upload it as a picture and not doc.....khawar

Khawar Saab

I downloaded the word doc and tried to save the picture as a jpeg and upload but wasn't able to. I'm sure there are a lot of techie friends on HF who can oblige...

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
Exon
post Sep 5 2010, 04:35 PM
Post #139

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 3 2010, 04:07 PM) *

This is a special song dedicated to Faraaj sahib. The recording quality is low. The song and info is courtesy Dr Suresh Chandvankar sahib, Secretary Indian Record Collector, Bombay.
I am attaching the photo of 78rpm record of this song as Doc document as I do not know how to put the photo on forum. I hope some body can extract the photo and put it on the the HF....khawar
Gauhar Jan, Month of July and Mumbai
[Rahegi yaad mujhko, Bambai vaalon ki mehmani]

--------------------------------------------------

Here is the Record image:

Attached Image

Exon
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Sep 5 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #140

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 5 2010, 06:22 PM) *

HWM has sung the best ghazals by Bahadur Shah Zafar, although it is controversial if all these BSZ ghazals infact have been writen by himself. According to The last Moghul BSZ was never given any material to write any thing. The writings on walls may have been erased by British security guards.
Here is one such ghazal which has an extra verse (#2). Prabharkar and Faraaj sahib comments are awaited...khawar

Khawar Saab

We know that Bahadur Shah Zafar was an accomplished point in Urdu and Farsi, and also wrote some poetry in Brij Bhasha and Punjabi. Daily meetings with his Ustad Zauq to review and correct his poetry were part of his court routine as Badshah of an empire that barely extended beyond the boundaries of the Lal Qila!

It is true that his British jailers denied him pen and paper in captivity. But according to the famed war correspondent William Howard Russell, Zafar wrote on the walls of his prison with a charred stick and his verses were probably copied before they could be erased by the security guards. Historians have generally accepted the verses as Zafar's off the back of Russell's comments.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Sep 5 2010, 04:56 PM
Post #141

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Sep 5 2010, 09:05 PM) *

This is a special song dedicated to Faraaj sahib. The recording quality is low. The song and info is courtesy Dr Suresh Chandvankar sahib, Secretary Indian Record Collector, Bombay.
I am attaching the photo of 78rpm record of this song as Doc document as I do not know how to put the photo on forum. I hope some body can extract the photo and put it on the the HF....khawar

Attached Image

Exon

thumbs-up.gif thumbs-up.gif

Kind Regards
Faraaj

+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Sep 6 2010, 08:25 AM
Post #142

Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Sep 5 2010, 04:35 PM) *

Attached Image

Exon

Thanks a lot Exon...khawar
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Sep 6 2010, 08:27 AM
Post #143

Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Sep 5 2010, 04:51 PM) *

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 5 2010, 06:22 PM) *

Khawar Saab

We know that Bahadur Shah Zafar was an accomplished point in Urdu and Farsi, and also wrote some poetry in Brij Bhasha and Punjabi. Daily meetings with his Ustad Zauq to review and correct his poetry were part of his court routine as Badshah of an empire that barely extended beyond the boundaries of the Lal Qila!

It is true that his British jailers denied him pen and paper in captivity. But according to the famed war correspondent William Howard Russell, Zafar wrote on the walls of his prison with a charred stick and his verses were probably copied before they could be erased by the security guards. Historians have generally accepted the verses as Zafar's off the back of Russell's comments.

You are probably right Faraaj sahib. This is the most acceptable theory re BSZ verses while jailed in Rangoon...khawar
+Quote Post
romesh
post Sep 6 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #144

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58160

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 5 2010, 11:44 AM) *

I am in process of converting some old cassettes of habibWali Mohd's ghazals and geets. I will be posting here. The first one is penned by qamar jalalabadi. Here it is. If anybody has ‘Ja kahio unsay naseem-e-sahar’: poet: Bahadur Shah Zafar, kindly upload...khawar

HABIB WALI MOHD:
Born in Rangoon to a conservative memon family. His family, Tabani, an industrial house has large business holdings in Pakistan.

He received his MBA from Syracuse University in 1947, and then lived in Bombay for about 10 years before moving to Pakistan. His brother Ashraf W. Tabani was governor of the province of Sindh around 1988.)

[edit] Career
Habib Wali is practically from the very second group of singers ever to record the art form and is still at his peak today. But probably because of his background and place as a member of a well-established family, Habib Wali has never pursued as aggressive and mainstream a career as a singer as others, though is still highly regarded.

He is known for singing ghazal of last Moghul Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar, Lagta Nahin Hai Jee Mera Ujray Diyar Mein.

His family name was Tabani, though he became famous as Habib Wali Mohammad. His family migrated to Bombay, where he took classical music lessons from Ustad Latafath Husain, nephew of Ustad Fayyaz Khan. But due to economic reasons, he gave priority to academics. His musical activities were limited to singing ghazals in college functions. After completing bachelors in Bombay, he studied for his MBA in USA. In mid 1940s he returned to Bombay.

In Bombay he won first prize in a large music competition. This propelled him to release his first album of ghazals. This record was to make him a celebrated singer. After partition, his family migrated to Pakistan and established an industrial group. He gave most of his time to the family business, recording ghazals and geet-s for films in his spare time. Concerts though were limited. In the eighties he released an album of ghazals composed by Nisar Bazmi.

He has been awarded the Nigar award. His famous ghazals include Bahadur Shah Zafar's 'Na kisi ki Aankh ka noor hoon' and Qamar Jalalavi's 'Kab mera nasheman ahelay chaman'. He is now retired and lives in California with his family.

His other well known ghazal includes "Aaj jane ki zidd na karo". He also sang the famous national song, "Roshan-o-Rakhshan, Nayyar-o-Tabaan, Pakistan rahay".

Way back in 1941, in Bombay, some young music lovers between 17 and 19 years of age were waiting outside a room for an audition.One by one, each candidate went in the room and was tested for his voice, diction, pronunciation and other technicalities necessary to become a singer. Amongst those enthusiastic teenagers was an eighteen year old lad, whose name was Mukesh Chand Mathur. Behind Mukesh was another young boy and whose family name was Habib Tabani (popularly known as Habib Wali Mohammad). Both of these young gentlemen passed the audition!

Habib Wali Mohammad was born in 1921, in Rangoon, to a conservative memon family. He migrated to Bombay at a young age. He was very fond of listening to Qawwali since his childhood. Innocent as he was, he thought that Qawwali is what the music is all about. A little later, he started taking interest in classical music in Bombay. He took lessons in classical music from Ustaad Fayyaz khan’s nephew, Latafath Husain. However, due to academic pursuits, his interest in music was pushed aside.

With the passage of time, he was more inclined towards ghazal singing. He participated in college musical functions and came to be known as the ‘Taan sain’ in his college. As soon as he finished his college education, his parents sent him to America and he completed his MBA degree in the U.S.A.

He returned to Bombay in the mid forties, and took part in a music competition, in which 1200 singers had participated. Habib Wali Mohammad had sung Bahadur Shah Zafar’s immortal ghazal: ‘Lagta nahi hai jee mera, ujray dayar mein’ and a panel of judges awarded him the first prize.

Encouraged by this honor, at a young age, he took more interest in ghazal singing. During his stay in America, he had been out of touch with music. Hence, he felt lonely and missed his earlier college functions in Bombay. In his own words: He was not happy in ‘Ujray dayar mein’ the same ghazal which had won him an award of a life time. He put a lot of effort and came out with a gramophone record of ghazals in his voice. On one side of the record, he dubbed Bahadur Shah Zafar’s ghazals and on the other side, Ghalib’s ghazals.

Unfortunately, the Indian public was reluctant to buy them.

In those days, a prominent Indian actress, Meena Kumari, was affiliated with Radio Ceylon, she happened to listen to those ghazals and liked them so much, that she made it a point to broadcast them daily from Radio Ceylon. Thousands of listeners heard those ghazals on radio and rushed to the music stores to buy the gramophone records: Habib Wali Mohammad became a celebrity.

After partition, he migrated to Pakistan and sang ghazals for the gramophone companies.(including a geeth written by Perveen Shakir: ‘Gori karath singhar’) In eighties, he recorded ghazals in audio cassettes which were composed by renowned music director Nisar Bazmi. Also, he received offers to record play back songs for the Pakistan film industry.

First and foremost, he is a businessman.(Shalimar silk mills is owned by Tabani group), however, at his leisure, he did record quite a few numbers for movies. He never made music his profession. Music has always been a hobby for him.

Every now and then, he took some time off for radio, television, film or private concerts.

Apart from this, he also received the prestigious nigar award.

He sang a ghazal written by Ustaad Qamar Jalalavi which was an instant hit: ‘Kab mera nasheman ahelay chaman’. All ghazals of Bahadur Shah Zafar, sung by Habib Wali Mohammad were mega hits, including: 'Na kisi ki Aankh ka noor hoon'

[edit] Personal life
Habib Wali Mohammad lives in California, United States with his wife, Rehana and his family, including his son, Nadeem Wali Mohammad

[edit] Discography
Some of the ghazals, recorded in the voice of Habib Wali Mohammad are listed here below:

‘Ye na thi hamari Qismath’: poet: Ghalib

‘Ja kahio unsay naseem-e-sahar’: poet: Bahadur Shah Zafar.

‘Gajra bana kay lay Aa malaniya’: poet: Afshan Rana.

Following are the ghazals, which are considered as a treasure for the Pakistani films:

‘Aaj janay ki zid na karo’: poet: Fayyaz Hashmi, picturised on Nadeem

‘Aashiyan jal gaya’ :poet: Raaz Illahabadi, film: ‘Baazi’

'Raatain theen chandni':Film: ‘Baazi’

National songs like: ‘Roshan-o- afshan, nayyar-o-taban’

[edit] Recent Concerts
Habib Wali Mohammad Recently had a ghazal concert on Saturday February 27, 2010 in Edison, NJ and on February 28 in West Virginia, performing with his son Nadeem Wali Mohammad, and former singer Bela modi

[edit] References
1.^ http://www.chowk.com/articles/6571

dear khanwar sohail

here is your request pl enjoy. Recently I got hold of four audio CD set of Habib wali mohammad. The names of the CD'S are as under

1--down memory lane vol-1
2--popular film songs vol-2
3--ultimate collection vol-4
4--ultimate collection vol-5

. besides these i have some more ghazals and geet by the same singer . if u want i can upload these ghazals & geet by habib wali mohammad sahib

ja kahio unse--6.49mts @192kbps

quote=romesh
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Sep 6 2010, 03:09 PM
Post #145

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(romesh @ Sep 6 2010, 05:05 PM) *

here is your request pl enjoy. Recently I got hold of four audio CD set of Habib wali mohammad. The names of the CD'S are as under

. besides these i have some more ghazals and geet by the same singer . if u want i can upload these ghazals & geet by habib wali mohammad sahib

Romesh Saab

Do you have Roshan o Afshan Naiyyar O Taaban....if so, pls upload that as well.

Kind Regards
Faraaj

+Quote Post
romesh
post Sep 6 2010, 05:50 PM
Post #146

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Sep 6 2010, 03:09 PM) *

Romesh Saab

dear faraaj

here is your request pl

roshan o rakshan nayyar o tabaan---6.00mts@192kbps

quote=romesh
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Sep 6 2010, 06:33 PM
Post #147

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(romesh @ Sep 6 2010, 10:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Sep 6 2010, 03:09 PM) *

Romesh Saab

dear faraaj

here is your request pl

roshan o rakshan nayyar o tabaan---6.00mts@192kbps

quote=romesh

Thanks Romesh Saab

This song used to be a regular feature on PTV (Propaganda TV) when there was still the pretence of some future for Pakistan....

This post has been edited by Faraaj73: Sep 6 2010, 06:33 PM

Kind Regards
Faraaj

+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Sep 7 2010, 05:42 AM
Post #148

Group Icon

Thanks Romesh Sahib! Kindly also upload " na kisi ki aankh ka noor hoon" by BS Zafar.......khawar
+Quote Post
romesh
post Sep 7 2010, 01:34 PM
Post #149

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(khawar Sohail @ Sep 7 2010, 05:42 AM) *

Thanks Romesh Sahib! Kindly also upload " na kisi ki aankh ka noor hoon" by BS Zafar.......khawar

dear khawar sohail

here is the song pl

na kisi ki aankh ka noor hoon--6.45mts @192kbps

quote=romesh

This post has been edited by romesh: Sep 7 2010, 01:39 PM
+Quote Post
khawar Sohail
post Sep 8 2010, 04:23 PM
Post #150

Group Icon

Thanks Romesh sahib. Here is another ghazal by HWM....khawar
+Quote Post

35 Pages V « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:12 PM