Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Most Underrated Lyricist

, The most underrated lyricist

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Most Underrated Lyricist, The most underrated lyricist
mmuk2004
post Aug 5 2006, 11:33 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 907

QUOTE(nasir @ Aug 5 2006, 12:37 PM) *

Irrespective of his status as a lyricist, which I think is very very high in Bollywood, I can vouchsafe that he was one of the most luckiest financially. Now don't ask me how.

NASIR.

One possible explanation: smile.gif
maheshks
During my childhood I saw him appearing in Tabassum's programme "Phool Khile Hain Gulshan Gulshan". This was a time when he was considered as the most rich writer in the hindi cinema. The reason was that he had won the jackpot worth Rs.46 lakhs in horse racing. The sum was considered as a huge amount during the late seventies. A full article about him has been posted by me here:

Pyala mere hoton par aakar bhi nahin aaya... amazing that there are such few articles on Rajinder Krishan on the web. Love this Talat/CR/RK combo...

Main peeke nahin aaye
Are masti bhari aankhon se
do jaam chura laya

masti meri aankhon mein botal se nahin li hai
saki se nahin maangi chullu si nahin pee hai
behosh nahin phir bhi main host gawan aaya
Main peeke nahin aaya

jeena kise kehte jeekar bhi nahin samjha
Peene ka mazaa kya hai peekar bhi nahin samjha
Pyala mere hoton par aakar bhi nahin aaya...
Main peeke nahin aaya

Apne hi khayalon ko maikhana banaya hai
Toote hue ik dil se paymana banaya hai
Sawan ki ghataon ko aankhon mein chupa laya
Main pee ke nahin aaya...

"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958)

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
nasir
post Aug 6 2006, 10:15 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5763

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Aug 5 2006, 11:33 PM) *

Irrespective of his status as a lyricist, which I think is very very high in Bollywood, I can vouchsafe that he was one of the most luckiest financially. Now don't ask me how.

NASIR.

maheshks
During my childhood I saw him appearing in Tabassum's programme "Phool Khile Hain Gulshan Gulshan". This was a time when he was considered as the most rich writer in the hindi cinema. The reason was that he had won the jackpot worth Rs.46 lakhs in horse racing. The sum was considered as a huge amount during the late seventies. A full article about him has been posted by me here:

Pyala mere hoton par aakar bhi nahin aaya... amazing that there are such few articles on Rajinder Krishan on the web. Love this Talat/CR/RK combo...

Main peeke nahin aaye
do jaam chura laya

Main peeke nahin aaya

Main peeke nahin aaya

smile.gif Right.. The Jackpot story is correct. This I remember because I would have been the next winner if he didn't win. Now you can imagine my heartbreak. It's like this:

As you know, there are five races in a Jackpot event and in each race your bet must be the winner in 1st place. Now, there was no winners in two successive Jackpot events. The moneys of two Sundays were carried forward to the third Sunday. It was also declared that the Jackpot amout would not be carried forward further and that the amount would be given irrespective of the fact whether all the five horses come 1st place. That is, even if one were to have four wins he would be eligible.
If my memory is right, Rajinder Krishan bought tickets for Rs. 9000/-, which enabled him to have many choices as the winners. I never used to spend over 20 rupees in an event because Ladyluck can smile on a single ticket. This time too, the winning horse was a fluke. So just a single man won.
The amount was Rs. 70,000/- which was really a huge amount those days. The amount you mentioned is after deduction of income tax.
Well thats my tearful story. How can I forget. This is without prejudice to the parties concerned.

NASIR.
p.s. It was after this event, that they started the Consolation Prizes for the winners of four events out of five. This was 30 per cent.

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Aug 6 2006, 10:38 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 907

QUOTE(nasir @ Aug 6 2006, 11:45 AM) *

NASIR.

maheshks

Main peeke nahin aaye
do jaam chura laya

Main peeke nahin aaya

Main peeke nahin aaya

smile.gif Right.. The Jackpot story is correct. This I remember because I would have been the next winner if he didn't win. Now you can imagine my heartbreak. It's like this:

As you know, there are five races in a Jackpot event and in each race your bet must be the winner in 1st place. Now, there was no winners in two successive Jackpot events. The moneys of two Sundays were carried forward to the third Sunday. It was also declared that the Jackpot amout would not be carried forward further and that the amount would be given irrespective of the fact whether all the five horses come 1st place. That is, even if one were to have four wins he would be eligible.
If my memory is right, Rajinder Krishan bought tickets for Rs. 9000/-, which enabled him to have many choices as the winners. I never used to spend over 20 rupees in an event because Ladyluck can smile on a single ticket. This time too, the winning horse was a fluke. So just a single man won.
The amount was Rs. 70,000/- which was really a huge amount those days. The amount you mentioned is after deduction of income tax.
Well thats my tearful story. How can I forget. This is without prejudice to the parties concerned.

NASIR.
p.s. It was after this event, that they started the Consolation Prizes for the winners of four events out of five. This was 30 per cent.

biggrin.gif Wow! That must have hit close, you remember the amount RK spent on buying the tickets...

The source of that info was Maheshks by the way.

Madhavi

"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958)

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Aug 7 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 743

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Aug 6 2006, 10:38 PM) *

biggrin.gif Wow! That must have hit close, you remember the amount RK spent on buying the tickets...

Madhavi

ninja.gif Smart speculation.

Ek nazar idhar bhi. Thoda prakash is gaane par bhi dalen to kripa hogi fight.gif
http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=277046

Here is the best singer of universe

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw ."

+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Oct 26 2006, 09:31 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

A forgotten melody, which is a masterpiece
in both aspects, lyrics and composition
-------------------------------------------------------
Lyrics for you:
Film:Payal ki Jhankar

Too aaye na aaye magar jaane vaale teri yaad a a kar rulaaya karegi
jo dekhega rota hai koi akela -2 to khud bhi aansu bahaaya karegi
tu aaye na aaye ...

Jidhar se gaya tu ye raahen hamesha tarasti rahengi teri vaapasi ko
udhar se hava bhi jo aaya karegi -2 tera naam lekar sataaya karegi
too aaye na aaye ...

Jo raaton ko taare ye poochhenge mujhase bata tu bhi kyon raat bhar jaagati hai
kahoongi meri neend bas mein nahi hai -2 ye birahan bahaane banaaya karegi
too aaye na aaye ...

Jahaan meri aankhon ka paani girega teri yaad ke phool khilate rahenge
savere-savere jo aayegi shabanam -2 to dil thaam kar laut jaaya karegi
Too aaye na aaye ...

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw ."

+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Feb 4 2007, 10:54 AM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Preet ki andhiyari manzil pe
Charon or siyahi..............

Hum pyar mein jalne walon ko chain kahan
Film: Jailor
Music: Madan Mohan
Singer: Lata

+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Mar 25 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ek gana idhar hai:

Baagon mein khilte hain phool

Singers: Talat and Lata
Film: Suhag Sindoor
Music: Chitragupt

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=354286

+Quote Post
nasir
post Mar 25 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5763

QUOTE(mmuk2004 @ Aug 6 2006, 10:38 PM) *

QUOTE(nasir @ Aug 6 2006, 11:45 AM) *

NASIR.

maheshks

Main peeke nahin aaye
do jaam chura laya

Main peeke nahin aaya

Main peeke nahin aaya

NASIR.

Madhavi

I'm sorry. On going through my own info above, I found that Rs.70,000/- has been mentioned. By the way, it was Rs. 7,000,000 (Seventy Lakhs) out of which Income tax was deducted and Forty Lakhs (white money) were given to the winner. Believe me, that amount in the late sixties was a huge amount. A First Class Government Servant in India, say, a Sessions Judge at that time was paid only Rs.3,500-/- a month. The salary of the President of India at that time used to be just Rs.10,000/- a month

NASIR.

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:23 PM