Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Foot Tapping & Heart Stopping Op

, The King of Rhythm

47 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Foot Tapping & Heart Stopping Op, The King of Rhythm
swarapriya
post Jul 3 2008, 10:58 AM
Post #46

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Howrah Bridge (1958)

Here is one of the early classics of Shakti Samanta before he became a household name much later with Rajesh Khanna's "Aradhana". There is enchanting Madhubala singing in Asha's breathtaking voice "Aaiye Meherbaan". And there is Ashok Kumar, more than ever Bogart looking. Also, there is Helen in one sizzling dance number to the music of OP and the voice of Geetaji crooning "Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu". To top all this there are some beautiful duets by Ashaji and Rafi Saab. It is a small wonder these songs are still fresh in minds of people and still popular even after 50 years. The ageless wonders!

The movie was shot in rustic Calcutta. It has a Hitchcock style climax, pulsating and heart pounding action drama, right on the Howrah Bridge span.

By the way, they are making this movie in color. But not the original movie. Instead it is going to be an animated movie with the same story and same music and songs of O.P. but instead of real actors you will see caricatures of them. Novel idea. We have to wait and see if it will fly.

Now for details of the songs and songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 3 2008, 11:02 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pratul
post Jul 4 2008, 12:22 PM
Post #47

Group Icon

Member No.: 11464

Swarapriya ji,
Very good uploads once again. Thank you very much.
clap2.gif
+Quote Post
maverick
post Jul 4 2008, 12:25 PM
Post #48

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 18148

Awesome Swarapriya... Simply Incredible... wub.gif

I had just 2 songs of the album the very famous 'Chin-Chin-Chu' & 'Aayeeye Meherbaaan'

I love the way u upload the songs with every possible details & pictures biggrin.gif

Whats the total music collection size on your hard-disk? Mine is 50GB

Where r you from? Whats yr profession? Whats your age?

I am 29. A student with IIM Kozhikode Calicut. I am basically a bengali but born & broughtup in Bhopal M.P

Thanks once again
maverick

Hyderabad India

The Golden Age Of Hindi Music

"Bade rangeen zamane the, taraney hi taraney the;
Magar ab poochta hai dil, woh din the yaa fasaane the..."!!!!!

Lata + Madan Mohan +Rajinder Krishnan = Sanjog(1961)
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 5 2008, 03:50 AM
Post #49

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(maverick @ Jul 3 2008, 11:55 PM) *

Awesome Swarapriya... Simply Incredible... wub.gif

I had just 2 songs of the album the very famous 'Chin-Chin-Chu' & 'Aayeeye Meherbaaan'

I love the way u upload the songs with every possible details & pictures biggrin.gif

Whats the total music collection size on your hard-disk? Mine is 50GB

Where r you from? Whats yr profession? Whats your age?

I am 29. A student with IIM Kozhikode Calicut. I am basically a bengali but born & broughtup in Bhopal M.P

Thanks once again
maverick

Hello Maverick,

Your admiration for these uploads is heart warming. Let me say this much. I have a huge collection of CDs. I have collected them over a number of years as a hobby. Now the music is passion with me.

The number of songs in my music bank runs into many many thousands. If you continuously listen to them without a single minute break it will take nearly 4 months to finish them.

Let us not get into the rest of the details because it is getting to be very personal. This platform is definitely not for that purpose. We're here to share and enjoy music.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 5 2008, 03:51 AM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pratul @ Jul 3 2008, 11:52 PM) *

Swarapriya ji,
Very good uploads once again. Thank you very much.
clap2.gif

You're very welcome Partulji. And, many thanks for the support. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 6 2008, 11:55 AM
Post #51

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Phagun (1958)

Here is an outstanding album from OP Saab. This has 13 songs and each one of them is a gem. Ashaji and Rafi Saab sang four duets. All are beautiful with the most popular being "Ek Pardesi". Ashaji has eight solos, one sweeter than the other. There is some magic and some inexplicable sweetness in these songs and Ashaji is right on the mark. Too bad this movie was a commercial failure. Sometimes music alone doesn't salvage the end product.

I am including here four extended versions of the songs. These are all from DVD. Rest of the songs are from CD. Now for details of the songs and songs themselves ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Jul 9 2008, 02:44 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 6 2008, 12:05 PM
Post #52

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of Phagun (1958) Contiuned ...

Here are the rest of the songs of "Phagun (1958)" ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
vijay
post Jul 6 2008, 05:09 PM
Post #53

Group Icon

Member No.: 558

Swarpriya Ji,
Many thanks for another great u/l.

Vijay
+Quote Post
Pratul
post Jul 7 2008, 01:06 PM
Post #54

Group Icon

Member No.: 11464

Swarapriya ji, Sorry but can not resist to suggest a correction for the name of a gem.
It is 'Main Soya Akhiyan Meeche' rather than Neeche.
Sorry to suggest a correction again.
+Quote Post
maverick
post Jul 7 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #55

Group Icon

Member No.: 18148

SwaraPriya wub.gif ,

You are a class apart wub.gif

Wonderful effort wub.gif

Awesome Passion for music wub.gif

Thanks from the bottoms of my heart wub.gif

Maverick

Hyderabad India

The Golden Age Of Hindi Music

"Bade rangeen zamane the, taraney hi taraney the;
Magar ab poochta hai dil, woh din the yaa fasaane the..."!!!!!

Lata + Madan Mohan +Rajinder Krishnan = Sanjog(1961)
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jul 8 2008, 01:47 AM
Post #56

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6005

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 2 2008, 10:28 PM) *

Howrah Bridge (1958)

Here is one of the early classics of Shakti Samanta before he became a household name much later with Rajesh Khanna's "Aradhana". There is enchanting Madhubala singing in Asha's breathtaking voice "Aaiye Meherbaan". And there is Ashok Kumar, more than ever Bogart looking. Also, there is Helen in one sizzling dance number to the music of OP and the voice of Geetaji crooning "Mera Naam Chin Chin Chu". To top all this there are some beautiful duets by Ashaji and Rafi Saab. It is a small wonder these songs are still fresh in minds of people and still popular even after 50 years. The ageless wonders!

The movie was shot in rustic Calcutta. It has a Hitchcock style climax, pulsating and heart pounding action drama, right on the Howrah Bridge span.

By the way, they are making this movie in color. But not the original movie. Instead it is going to be an animated movie with the same story and same music and songs of O.P. but instead of real actors you will see caricatures of them. Novel idea. We have to wait and see if it will fly.

Now for details of the songs and songs themselves ...

The superhit song "Mera naam chin chin choo" happened to be the swan song of Geeta ji under the baton of OP. Then onwards it was Asha ji all the way with the exception a few songs for Shamshad Beghum ji. I am sure this has been discussed on the forum before, but just wanted to post it in the context of the songs of Howrah Bridge.

Thanks Swarapriya for these excellent CDQ uploads. My personal favorite from Howrah Bridge is "Dekh ke teri nazar bekaraar ho gaye". Love that one stanza by Rafi sahab !

Cheers
Parag

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jul 8 2008, 02:01 AM
Post #57

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 5 2008, 11:25 PM) *

Phagun (1958)

Here is an outstanding album from OP Saab. This has 13 songs and each one of them is a gem. Ashaji and Rafi Saab sang four duets. All are beautiful with the most popular being "Ek Pardesi". Ashaji has eight solos, one sweeter than the other. There is some magic and some inexplicable sweetness in these songs and Ashaji is right on the mark. Too bad this movie was a commercial failure. Sometimes music alone doesn't salvage the end product.

I am including here four extended versions of the songs. These are all from DVD. Rest of the songs are from CD. Now for details of the songs and songs themselves ...

OPN who called himself as a composer without any formal training in classical music, composed all the 12 songs of this film in one single raag (Peelu ? not sure). This must be a sort of records !

Parag

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 9 2008, 02:50 AM
Post #58

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Pratul @ Jul 7 2008, 12:36 AM) *

Swarapriya ji, Sorry but can not resist to suggest a correction for the name of a gem.
It is 'Main Soya Akhiyan Meeche' rather than Neeche.
Sorry to suggest a correction again.

My dear Pratul ji,

I am really grateful that you keep me honest. Since several people have already downloaded the regular and extended versions, I thought to leave the songs alone. Also, no harm comes because of this "error" to anyone. However, I went back and changed the description giving particulars of songs.

Please don't be sorry to send in your suggestions. I think this type of scrutiny is necessary because we upload so many songs. Giving correct information should be everyone's priority. Please accept my whole hearted thanks for your keen observation and taking time to tell when problems exist.

Many many cheers to you,
Swrapriya
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 9 2008, 02:55 AM
Post #59

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jul 7 2008, 01:17 PM) *

The superhit song "Mera naam chin chin choo" happened to be the swan song of Geeta ji under the baton of OP. Then onwards it was Asha ji all the way with the exception a few songs for Shamshad Beghum ji. I am sure this has been discussed on the forum before, but just wanted to post it in the context of the songs of Howrah Bridge.

Thanks Swarapriya for these excellent CDQ uploads. My personal favorite from Howrah Bridge is "Dekh ke teri nazar bekaraar ho gaye". Love that one stanza by Rafi sahab !

Cheers
Parag

Thanks for the note Parag. I read in some OP's interview that he told the interviewer that as a hindsight it was a judgemental error on his part to discard Geetaji after this. His contention was that Ashaji threatened not to sing for him if he still was going to utilize Geetaji's talents, even if occasionally. He admitted that it was his emotional involvement that clouded this judgement.

Cheers,
Swarapriya
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jul 9 2008, 03:04 AM
Post #60

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 8 2008, 02:25 PM) *

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jul 7 2008, 01:17 PM) *

Cheers
Parag

Thanks for the note Parag. I read in some OP's interview that he told the interviewer that as a hindsight it was a judgemental error on his part to discard Geetaji after this. His contention was that Ashaji threatened not to sing for him if he still was going to utilize Geetaji's talents, even if occasionally. He admitted that it was his emotional involvement that clouded this judgement.

Cheers,
Swarapriya

That is so very true Swarapriya. I have read several interviews of OP which echoed the same sentiments. And some time later (not sure exactly which year) this singer, who persuaded her husband Guru Dutt to give assignment of Aarpaar to OPN when he needed a break, made a call to OPN asking what she has done that he has stopped calling her for singing. OP said "No Geeta, I have not forgotten you. I will surely call you". That day never came ! Geeta passed away with this grief and OP regrets this one thing forever !

sad.gif

Chain se humko kabhi
aapne jeene na diya
Jeher bhi chaha agar
peena toh peene na diya

(And thats Asha ji's swan song for OPN, by the way !)

+Quote Post

47 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:34 AM