Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

“Why this girl was named Lata?”

, Article on Lata Mangeshkar

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> “Why this girl was named Lata?”, Article on Lata Mangeshkar
Chitralekha
post Nov 13 2003, 01:03 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 13

Hi Mohsin,

Here it is.

Cheers!
Chitralekha

This post has been edited by Chitralekha: Sep 28 2004, 01:58 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
UKM
post Apr 14 2004, 10:45 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 358

QUOTE (Chitralekha @ Oct 26 2003, 02:16 PM)
After years Noor Jehan moved to Pakistan but the relations between Lata and Noor Jehan lasted.

At that time, there was another music director named Shyamsundar. Along with success, he was also addicted to alcohol. While recording songs for film “Lahore” he called Lata Mangeshkar names. Lata left the recordings midway and left for home. After getting over the intoxication, Shyamsundar insisted Lata to sing that song.

Years before Noor Jahan came back to visit India (when she was felicitated by the film industry and appropriately sang "Merey bachpan ke saathi, mujhe bhool na jaana"), it was reported that she and Lata Mangeshkar used to keep in touch on the phone and had in fact once arranged and met at the Wagah border --- I wonder if a visa issue prevented them from visiting the other.

As for "Lahore", for a very, very long time I was seeking a recording of the duet by Lata-ji and Surendra, "Duniya hamarey pyar ka", and was thrilled to obtain it very recently from Classic Movie Club.
+Quote Post
Mohsin26
post Sep 28 2004, 01:49 AM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 604

thnk u Chitralekha ji !
but i cant download it .......

The Nightingale
+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Sep 28 2004, 01:58 AM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

QUOTE(Mohsin26 @ Sep 27 2004, 01:19 PM)
thnk u Chitralekha ji !
but i cant download it .......

Okay, try it now. I changed the attachment.
+Quote Post
gkr_gkr
post Nov 3 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #20

Unregistered

Excellent article..... clap1.gif
Keep posting articles like these
+Quote Post
aahat
post Nov 29 2004, 12:35 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 1304

Thanks a lot for the article...., it was a touching experience to read. Thanks for posting it.
+Quote Post
rafishah
post May 26 2005, 04:30 AM
Post #22

Unregistered

QUOTE(latamangeshkar mohsin @ Nov 8 2003, 09:34 AM)
QUOTE(Nimii @ Nov 2 2003, 09:00 AM)
QUOTE(kcp @ Oct 27 2003, 02:57 PM)
Some more interesting info :

-----------
My father would teach music to his disciples and I would copy the music, note for note, sitting on the kitchen shelves, singing for the benefit of the cook and other staff. I never sang in the presence of my father and he never knew that I could sing. One day, however, my father left a student to do riyaz in Raag Puriya Dhanashri and went on an errand. I peeped into the riyaz room and saw that the student was going wrong in the notes and corrected the singing. Just then my father returned and he heard me correcting the student.
-----------

I played the role of Narad in Sangeet Saubhadra, where my father played the role of Arjun

-----------
It was Ghulam Hyder who gave me my first opportunity in singing. We were both standing at the deserted Malad suburban station when he hummed a tune he had composed and I sang it right there. This song was used in the film Majboor.
-----

Who said these words Asha ya Lata bhaiya??

Narad wink2.gif sounds familiar hehehehe smile1.gif

hello..
if any body have this song "CHALA BHI AA AAJA RASIYA"
PLZ SEND ON "MOHSINMAY26@HOTMAIL.COM"

hi, im just posting for the first time.
+Quote Post
kistin
post May 27 2005, 04:36 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 2354

Thanks for the article.
+Quote Post
PradeepS
post Jun 1 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 2447

I have had the good fortune of meeting SD Burman in the early 70s. I still recall with hilarity how he referred to Lata as "Lota" - every word he spoke oozed wisdom and warmth. OK. This is a useless bit of info, but I had to share it.
+Quote Post
LEGENDRAFI
post Jul 4 2005, 01:03 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Member No.: 2633

Great Article!

I have always admired Lataj ji and now my respect has increased even further. Well, I would like to comment on the point that Lataji stopped other singers from gaining poularity and therefore politicised the music Industry. Now, I don't know whether this is true or not, but, what I believe is simply that Lataji dominated the industry because she was the best and you pick any walk of life, the best always dominate. The Music industry cannot be separated from any other professional field and therefore like in any other field, the best are the ones who get the best whether it is in terms of money, fame or acceptance. So, I think Lataji's dominance during the 50s and 60s was due to her brilliance and given a choice why would any music director opt for some one else when he could get his song done by Lata ji. It was a clear case of Market Dynamics and that is why I don't see too much beyond that. Rafi Saab is another great example.
+Quote Post
ketadxb
post Sep 30 2005, 08:34 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 2157

Dera forum readers,
I found this news item on smashits.com

LATA DINANATH MANGESHKAR GRAMAPHONE RECORD LIBRARY
(Sep. 29, 2005)

Indore, September 29, (ANI) On the occasion of Lata Mangeshkar's 70th birthday Suman Chaurasia has paid his tribute by making his collection of 28,000 gramaphone records available to all in the form of a library. Suman has been a fan of her since childhood. He would frequently shop in the pretext of buying something or the other and listen to her songs that would be aired on radio. Her captivating voice has had delirious effect on many. Suman Chaurasia is one of them. His obsession has continued for the past thirty years. He has been travelling all across the country and has collected all Lata's filmi and non- filmi songs. Today he is the proud owner of around 28,000 gramaphone records. His collection includes all walks of Indian popular and light classical music; film songs, ghazals, bhajans and pop.
I am sure a lot of lata fans would be delighted, I am not a tech savy pn degitising records , but if we aat forum can arrange it along with above library it will be gret, i am ready to contribute to words the expenses for such a project
any body from patna interested
Regards
Keshav
+Quote Post
rafik2
post Apr 30 2006, 06:43 PM
Post #27

Group Icon

Member No.: 2392

Excellent Article.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:01 PM