Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reasonably Rare Lata Songs - Not Available Easily

, solos and duets from the 50s and 60s

26 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reasonably Rare Lata Songs - Not Available Easily, solos and duets from the 50s and 60s
sri
post Sep 5 2005, 09:03 AM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2760

A nice song from the film Black Cat 1959 -
Sitare raah takte hain, chale aao, chale aao
Hazaron dil dhadakte hain chale aao, chale aao

Music : N Dutta
Lyrics : Jan Nissar Akhtar

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 6 2005, 12:38 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Next song will be one more Lata number from the film BENAZIR 1964
( music director: SDBurman ; asst music director : RDBurman )

It was around this time that SDBurman was very ill and had to be hospitalised .. and as a result had difficulty in completing his films. It is said that he had to stop taking films at this time. Dev Anand, meanwhile, had already commenced his most ambitious movie GUIDE and had signed SD for it. SD suggested to Dev Anand that he could possibly use RDBurman instead .. since he was unsure of his own health. However, Dev Anand was unmoved and said that he would wait. SD is reported to have asked him - what if something happens to me? To which Dev Anand said that he would then release the film with just the one song that had already been recorded - such faith in SDBurman! (this incident narrated by Manek Premchand in his book)

Of course his faith was not misplaced - because SDBurman delivered one of the best scores of his life for the film Guide (1965)

Why am i saying all this ? blab.gif Because i think it has something to do with the next song I am going to discuss on this thread. thumbs-up.gif

keep watching !

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 6 2005, 12:22 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Husn ki baharen liye aaye the sanam, kaisi badnaseebi hui mil sake na hum

This is a Lata song from the film BENAZIR (1964) - picturised on Meena Kumari. When I first heard the song ( some years ago ) I strongly felt it must be an RDBurman composition. When I checked the credits of the film - I found that RDB was the asst music director for the film. However, that by itself, was not too surprising since he assisted SDB in many films during that period. But this song seemed to have a strong stamp of RDB's style ( as seen in his classical music based songs - like 'raina beeti jaaye', 'beeti na bitayi raina' etc. ). A little more enquiry into this subject .... and I found that exactly around the same time that this music was composed, SDBurman was hospitalised with a heart problem and advised several months of rest ... creating a problem with the completion of his contracted movies. My surmise is that Benazir was an affected candidate and while most of the songs may have been done by then - this one was still pending - and was completed by RDBurman himself - quite substantially (if not fully).

That's my theory. Anyway, it gives you all some masala to think about while you listen to this song. In my mind, I think RDB everytime i listen to this number.

As an aside, RDB actually got his chance to go independent of SDB in 1961 with Mehmood's Chhote Nawab ... but, thereafter, no contracts were forthcoming .. and till 1966 he had only 3 other offers (of which 2 were from Mehmood, once again, and one was from a small, unknown producer ). So during this period, he continued to assist his father .... until Teesri Manzil released (with a dhamaka) in 1966.

Enough of my stories ... now here's the song !

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

P.S. For those who want to be bored further .. pl read the earlier post (since it is related to this post)

+Quote Post
mohd2004
post Sep 6 2005, 12:27 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 419

Thanks Sri Bhai for Sitaren raah takte hain...,indeed an excellent song and Benazir tracks, they are simply superb compositions.

Mohd.
+Quote Post
Mohsin26
post Sep 6 2005, 12:37 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 604

QUOTE(sri @ Sep 6 2005, 12:22 PM)

This is a Lata song from the film BENAZIR (1964) - picturised on Meena Kumari. When I first heard the song ( some years ago ) I strongly felt it must be an RDBurman composition. When I checked the credits of the film - I found that RDB was the asst music director for the film. However, that by itself, was not too surprising since he assisted SDB in many films during that period. But this song seemed to have a strong stamp of RDB's style ( as seen in his classical music based songs - like 'raina beeti jaaye', 'beeti na bitayi raina' etc. ). A little more enquiry into this subject .... and I found that exactly around the same time that this music was composed, SDBurman was hospitalised with a heart problem and advised several months of rest ... creating a problem with the completion of his contracted movies. My surmise is that Benazir was an affected candidate and while most of the songs may have been done by then - this one was still pending - and was completed by RDBurman himself - quite substantially (if not fully).

That's my theory. Anyway, it gives you all some masala to think about while you listen to this song. In my mind, I think RDB everytime i listen to this number.

As an aside, RDB actually got his chance to go independent of SDB in 1961 with Mehmood's Chhote Nawab ... but, thereafter, no contracts were forthcoming .. and till 1966 he had only 3 other offers (of which 2 were from Mehmood, once again, and one was from a small, unknown producer ). So during this period, he continued to assist his father .... until Teesri Manzil released (with a dhamaka) in 1966.

Enough of my stories ... now here's the song !

Enjoy !  gift.gif

Sri

P.S. For those who want to be bored further .. pl read the earlier post (since it is related to this post)

thank u so much for this GREAT song bow.gif

A long time ago, all songs from Benazeer had uploaded on HF , but unfortunately i have lost all .... cry.gif cry.gif By deleting my 650+ mb back-up
also many songs cry.gif cry.gif

but thanx again ... clap1.gif

The Nightingale
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 6 2005, 01:08 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

mohsin bhai - you're most welcome. Yes, the Benazir songs are really nice - though they never turned out to be as popular as songs from other SDB movies of that period

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 9 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sri @ Sep 6 2005, 12:22 PM)

Sri

399 downloads of this song in less than 3 days - and what is amazing is that only 1 or 2 members have bothered to add a comment from their side !!!

c'mon guys ... participate ... this is not just about uploading and downloading !!

Sri

+Quote Post
shuklas
post Sep 9 2005, 01:51 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 376

Sri Jee :

That was indeed a wonderful upload.We were number 400 downlodees for your upload. You are doing wonderful job and keep it up......just dont bother about members comments/positive feedback/kind words. The number of download shows it all. We distinctively remember one of our upload of a rare song from Malti Madhav which was downloaded 1400 times....and there were very few who could care less to post any feedback & there are never ending threads...too. But thats part of e-relationship and e-psychology which eventually shapes various e-personalities.
Famous business principle applies here : Eighty percent of upload comes from twenty percent of members & eighty percent just uploads while twenty percent exchanges their view among them all the time.

Astu

Shuklas

नग्मा वोही जिसे रूह सुनें और रूह सुनायें
+Quote Post
Mohsin26
post Sep 9 2005, 06:36 AM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Any Body Will upload more songs from Be-Nazeer ???

1. Alvida jane wafa meri manzil Aa Gayi (Lata)

2. Mil ja jane jana mil ja (Lata)

Plzzzz...

Mera Khayaal hai yeh song 800 times Download hongey smile1.gif

The Nightingale
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 10 2005, 01:24 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mohsin26 @ Sep 9 2005, 06:36 AM)
Any Body Will upload more songs from Be-Nazeer ???

1. Alvida jane wafa meri manzil Aa Gayi  (Lata)

2. Mil ja jane jana mil ja  (Lata)

Plzzzz...

Mera Khayaal hai yeh song 800 times Download hongey  smile1.gif

i will i will .... just be patient !!

you will hear it very soon

sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 10 2005, 01:45 AM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Next song from Benazir is a song which is sung by Tanuja on-screen - at night, on the terrace of her house

Mil ja re, jaan-e-jaana

enjoy ! gift.gif

sri

+Quote Post
Mohsin26
post Sep 10 2005, 02:03 AM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sri @ Sep 10 2005, 01:45 AM)
Next song from Benazir is a song which is sung by Tanuja on-screen - at night, on the terrace of her house

Mil ja re, jaan-e-jaana

enjoy !  gift.gif

sri

OH !! bohat Bohat Shukriya Sri Ji bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif
You made my Day ...... smile1.gif smile1.gif rollf.gif rollf.gif rollf.gif rollf.gif

Looking for other camera.gif

The Nightingale
+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 11 2005, 01:27 AM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Mohsin26 @ Sep 10 2005, 02:03 AM)
OH !! bohat Bohat Shukriya  Sri Ji  bow.gif  bow.gif  bow.gif
You made my Day ...... smile1.gif  smile1.gif  rollf.gif  rollf.gif  rollf.gif  rollf.gif

Looking for other  camera.gif

yes... mohsin bhai, i will get you that one soon !

sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 11 2005, 01:35 AM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(shuklas @ Sep 9 2005, 01:51 AM)
Sri Jee :

That was indeed a wonderful upload.We were number 400 downlodees for your upload. You are doing wonderful job and keep it up......just dont bother about members comments/positive feedback/kind words. The number of download shows it all. We  distinctively remember one of our upload of a rare song from Malti Madhav which was downloaded 1400 times....and there were very few who could care less to post any feedback & there are never ending threads...too. But thats part of  e-relationship and e-psychology  which eventually shapes various e-personalities.
Famous business principle applies here :  Eighty percent of upload comes from twenty percent of members & eighty percent just uploads while twenty percent exchanges their view  among them all the time.

Astu

Shuklas

Shuklas,

Thanks for your mail .... with the 'practical' approach - you are seasoned members !!

Anyway, i feel it is still useful to prod people, a little, now and then ... so that they are motivated to participate and interact - and not just simply download...hai na ?
This should be a forum to share and enjoy our common interests through interaction, right ? Happiness is in listening, enjoying and then sharing ( either the song itself or some happy comments about it )

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Sep 11 2005, 01:49 AM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here's a song I like - a duet of Lata with Kishore Kumar ( oh how I used to wait for his songs on the radio in those days !!)

Chhedo na meri zulfen, sab log kya kahenge
Hum to diwana tumko, kali ghata kahenge

Great music of Chitragupt ...( he made such great music with Lata )...and with lyrics of Majrooh - from the film GANGA KI LAHREN 1964

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post

26 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:00 AM