Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reasonably Rare Lata Songs - Not Available Easily

, solos and duets from the 50s and 60s

26 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Reasonably Rare Lata Songs - Not Available Easily, solos and duets from the 50s and 60s
sri
post Aug 16 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2760

Starting a new topic for reasonably rare Lata songs ( like I did for Rafi songs earlier ). I will be discussing songs here which I like and which I feel are not easily available. Other members - pl feel free to add ... but please ensure that the songs are good and the sound quality is also good, as far as possible.

Today's choice falls on a song composed by one of my favourite music directors _ Roshan - from a movie which has several great and well known songs ( Baar baar tohe kya samjhaen / ab kya misaal doon / kabhi to milegi kahin to milegi / aapne yaad dilaya to mujhe yaad aaya ) - the movie is AARTI, released in 1962

This particular song is not as well known as the others in the movie ... but is a very emotional, soulful tune - very well sung by Lata Mangeshkar .....and after so many years, continues to haunt my mind, whenever I think of it.

Here's "Bane ho ek khaak se, ameer kya gareeb kya". Top class music composition ... great words by Majrooh Sultanpuri.

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 16 2005, 11:49 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here is a song I like very much - sung very sweetly by Lata

Charming music of Chitragupt - lyrics of Majrooh, this song is from the movie AKASHDEEP 1965. Sound quality is very good.

Enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 17 2005, 12:09 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Those members who have d/led these songs and who have enjoyed listening to them ... I would appreciate hearing back from you. After all, the purpose of the topic is to share the enjoyment of these songs with others.

So, any appreciative comments from members about these songs are most welcome !!

Thanks

Sri

+Quote Post
sangeetbhakt
post Aug 17 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1288

QUOTE(sri @ Aug 15 2005, 12:03 PM)
Starting a new topic for reasonably rare Lata songs ( like I did for Rafi songs earlier ). I will be discussing and u/ling songs here which I like and which I feel are not easily available. Other members - pl feel free to u/l also ... but please ensure that the songs are good and the sound quality is also good, as far as possible.

Today's choice falls on a song composed by one of my avourite music directors _ Roshan - from a movie which has several great and well known songs ( Baar baar tohe kya samjhaen / ab kya misaal doon / kabhi to milegi kahin to milegi / aapne yaad dilaya to mujhe yaad aaya ) - the movie is AARTI, released in 1962

This particular song is not as well known as the others in the movie ... but is a very emotional, soulful tune - very well sung by Lata Mangeshkar .....and after so many years, continues to haunt my mind, whenever I think of it.

Here's "Bane ho ek khaak se, ameer kya gareeb kya". Top class music composition ... great words by Majrooh Sultanpuri.

Enjoy !  gift.gif

Sri

THis song is actually my favorite in this film, mainly for the lyrics. Love the
lines:
"Gareeb hai woh isliye ke tum ameer ho gaye
Ki ek baadshah hua to sau fakeer ho gaye"
Really puts life into perspective in a world where we all want to win. And in
the process we forget that in order for one person to win, somebody has to
loose. And that creates a vicious cycle.
Roshan has done a marvellous job of setting a simple tune to the powerful
lyrics thus helping to enhance them.
+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 17 2005, 12:34 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

sangeetbhakt

you are so, so right

truly moving words and a very powerful song ....without having to be loud. The scene in the movie is also well done - with Meena Kumari singing this song in front of a large audience in a theatre. A great song for any hindi music lover

Sri

+Quote Post
r&d
post Aug 17 2005, 02:14 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1955

Great song of Aarti. However I wish
you would not upload WMA. Some of us are
forced to re-encode it in order to listen to it.
This is little longer version than the one upload previously.
Is this Film version?
+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 17 2005, 05:22 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(r&d @ Aug 17 2005, 02:14 AM)
Great song of Aarti. However I wish
you would not upload WMA. Some of us are
This is little longer version than the one upload previously.
Is this Film version?

probably from the original soundtrack ....

i'll see what i can do about the wma business - didn't know that you were not able to play wma files

sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 21 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Today's special is a classical Lata number from the film Bawarchi - music of Madan Mohan

From the DVD of the film. Picturised on Jaya Bhaduri, who's dancing on stage.

Keeping in mind the request from r&d, this sample is in mp3 format - not wma

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 21 2005, 09:35 AM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

In the Bawarchi song u/l here - the shouts of 'wah wah' in the middle of the song come from Harindranath Chattopadhyay, the great character actor, who acts as Jaya Bhaduri's grandfather in the film

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 21 2005, 04:07 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(r&d @ Aug 17 2005, 02:14 AM)
Great song of Aarti.  However I wish
you would not upload WMA.  Some of us are

r&d,

i have got myself some new software to encode in mp3 format - instead of wma - so in future you will see my uploads in mp3 format - for the convenience of all.

thanks for your feedback

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 21 2005, 06:58 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here's another of my old favorites - from the film Vaasna 1968 - used to hear it regularly on the radio in the days it was released ... but after that, this song became quite rare.

A nice, lively and lilting number from Lata with lovely orchestration and interlude music ( so typical of Chitragupt ). Apparently, this movie was the first time that Chitragupt and Sahir Ludhianvi worked together. What magical music they created in this film !!

So, here's 'Jeenewale jhoom ke mastana ho ke jee'

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 26 2005, 01:16 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Today's song is a duet - Lata with Rafi

rafi starts the song with some lovely humming ... but thereafter, has only one line 'yes my darling' to sing each time she poses a question. Lata's voice is very sweet ... overall a cute song

Music of Madan Mohan

Here's "yeh to kaho kaun ho tum" from Akeli mat jaiyo 1963

Notice the verse - the start of the verse (jaane kahan se aaya) is rather similar in tune and rhythm to the verse of the more well known title song of Tere ghar ke saamne (verse : ghar ka banana koi) - strangely, both the films were released in the same year 1963... though some records show akeli mat jaiyo having been released in 1962 !

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

+Quote Post
visuja
post Aug 26 2005, 11:46 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2745

QUOTE(sri @ Aug 26 2005, 03:46 AM)
Here's "yeh to kaho kaun ho tum" from Akeli mat jaiyo 1963
Thanks sri-ji for all your gift.gifs at your 'Rare' threads. your insights and snippets into the various songs are very intersting and informative. bow.gif clap1.gif

Isnt there another Mukesh duet which starts with "Ye To Kaho Kaun Ho Tum" ??
+Quote Post
r&d
post Aug 26 2005, 11:57 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1955

QUOTE(sri @ Aug 21 2005, 05:28 AM)
Here's another of my old favorites - from the film Vaasna 1968 - used to hear it regularly on the radio in the days it was released ... but after that, this song became quite rare.

A nice, lively and lilting number from Lata with lovely orchestration and interlude music ( so typical of Chitragupt ). Apparently, this movie was the first time that Chitragupt and Sahir Ludhianvi worked together. What magical music they created in this film !!

So, here's 'Jeenewale jhoom ke mastana ho ke jee'

enjoy ! gift.gif

Sri

Quality is not very good. I can't tell whether it is the source
or may be an error in the encoding.

If you want I can upload 4:03 version from the DVD.

Thanks,

Rajnish
+Quote Post
sri
post Aug 26 2005, 11:58 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(visuja @ Aug 26 2005, 11:46 AM)

Isnt there another Mukesh duet which starts with "Ye To Kaho Kaun Ho Tum" ??

yes .. that's from the film Aashiq ( Shailendra/ SJ combo ) ... but intriguingly it's from the same period 1962 !!

+Quote Post

26 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:36 AM