Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Argue!

, Philosophy Corner

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Argue!, Philosophy Corner
IDOL
post Feb 25 2007, 03:03 AM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1583

special thanks to both of you....... love.gif

------------------------------------------

Do you think that MIND & BODY are two separate parts? why? why not?

Ex1: I am thirsty.......i go to kitchen and grab a glass of water...............

Scientifically, a banch of neurons fire made me walk ....and grab a glass of water......this means they both are physical......

Ex2: "I love him"...............no lab can find what is going on in my mind...they cannot measure level of my love.....they cannot see it through PET or fMRI.......as a result, it is two separate things!

Take a position.....argue with reasons.............best of luck to my good philosofers (participants)...remember Craig says everyone is a philosopher.

.......................................................................IPB Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
myawan
post Feb 25 2007, 08:18 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 57

Mind is a part of the body.....Both are physical and accessible, BUT the product of the mind i.e. the thoughts, they are neither physical nor accessible.

The 1st example of yours is the same as the 2nd one but you approach it differently. My question about the 1st example, keeping in view your second example, would be 'can somebody else can measure the degree of your thirst????'
Now this shows that they are separate (according to your criterion)!

Both of the examples are correlated, keeping in view your 2nd example:

"I am feeling love for her......I go and kiss her"
This shows that they are both physical (according to your criterion)!

WOT U SAY?

==============================

For me, listening to Mohammad Rafi is an addiction!
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Feb 25 2007, 09:48 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 25 2007, 07:48 AM) *
Mind is a part of the body.....Both are physical and accessible, BUT the product of the mind i.e. the thoughts, they are neither physical nor accessible.

The 1st example of yours is the same as the 2nd one but you approach it differently. My question about the 1st example, keeping in view your second example, would be 'can somebody else can measure the degree of your thirst????'

WOT U SAY?

you want me to take part, then let's do ittttttttt.....

ok before i start...i gotta mention , i need to be in opposite (no matter your right or wrong laugh.gif ) so that this arguement goes on........it is neither my idea nor my thoughts;however, some might be...but main point is .....just to learn how to argue......

hmm, before that let me grab my breakfast laugh.gif .....arguement main energy ke zaroorat hoti hain laugh.gif

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
myawan
post Feb 25 2007, 11:58 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Such a long breakfast......you must be coming back with a BIG BANG!!!!

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Feb 26 2007, 04:28 AM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 25 2007, 07:48 AM) *

WOT U SAY?

Ok..if you think that mind and body are both physical.....but the product is somethin non-physical....then tell me....how it is generated....and why it is generated.....i think there's no such thing as product....as you cannot prove it's existance....

i change my first example to:.....i read a board for c-train........i see "whitehorn"...physical, through my eyes...........i go towards the train....my foot steps are physical......

Conclusion:- mind is physical because my eyes send message to my brain...brain send message to my legs through spinal cord...and i got into train

in this case you are wrong that the product of mind and body is non physical.....caoz what made me to get into train was all physical.......my eyes messaged my brain...brain sent message to legs....see all physical and physical...... cool.gif

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Feb 26 2007, 04:31 AM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Try to prove me wrong..........caoz i wanna get annoyed and think deeply laugh.gif ...oh boy, philosophy is funpainlia laugh.gif
------------------

oh for breakfast thing...why it took long....ur not a girl...so u wont understand.......being on net on sunday morning , when ur mom calls you for help in the kitchen........and when you're gonna have ur Gujrati-origin (born canadian) friends and guests coming for an Afghani lunch.........how would u manage internet ,kitchen ,and the big challenge of philosophy at the same time? tongue1.gif ..........i can get online from university library easily with no interuption....but oh boy, at home it is a big challenge. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
myawan
post Feb 26 2007, 11:42 PM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Today I am not in a mode to argue.........'that' person has shocked me, log kitni jaldi badal jate hain.

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Feb 27 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(myawan @ Feb 26 2007, 11:12 AM) *
Today I am not in a mode to argue.........'that' person has shocked me, log kitni jaldi badal jate hain.

It's ok........i can understand u....same thing happened to me when i saw Admin's reply by listing his four nick names...i recognized one only.......he's been such a good fellow when i was broadcasting The Khobi Show.........he was very supporting.....i liked the way he praised my attempts to make shows........but anyways, we still respect him as an old friend...forgive & forget.. love.gif

+Quote Post
myawan
post Mar 1 2007, 10:30 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

i think there's no such thing as product....as you cannot prove it's existance....

Sorry but this comment has lost its worth bored.gif God is the biggest reality but isn't scientifically proven yet.

caoz what made me to get into train was all physical.......my eyes messaged my brain...brain sent message to legs....see all physical and physical......

Are messages physical??

Anyways change the topic please......I don't see any outcome from this one coz its too confusing and looks more like a medical subject planet.gif

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Mar 3 2007, 02:49 AM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

ayooooooooo.........changing the topic means changing my course subject... wacko.gif ............come on , you can do it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
ZaiRa
post Mar 3 2007, 03:19 AM
Post #41

Group Icon

Member No.: 7593

Kitni behas kartay ho tum dono huh.gif

+Quote Post
myawan
post Mar 3 2007, 03:23 AM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

............come on , you can do it

impossible.gif

Kitni behas kartay ho tum dono

zabardasti karwayi jati hai...... sad1.gif

+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Mar 4 2007, 10:16 AM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 743

QUOTE(myawan @ Mar 3 2007, 03:23 AM) *

............come on , you can do it

impossible.gif

Kitni behas kartay ho tum dono

zabardasti karwayi jati hai...... sad1.gif

Goya, ye koi exercise ho aur hum Gym-class attend kar rahe hon rolleyes.gif

Here is the best singer of universe

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw ."

+Quote Post
IDOL
post Mar 14 2007, 09:36 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Okey friends...........here's me back.........with another "zabardasti" topic laugh.gif .......

Do you believe that everything has cause and effect? do you agree that everything is determined? do you believe in fate and say, tomorrow we are gonna have a sea battle and there is no chance to avoid? (those who agree with this statement are Determinists, Hard Determinst, Soft Determinist, Dualist, Fatalist)

OR:

You say NO, we human beings have free choice, free will. we can change the course of action in any way we wish to. we can attend a meeting and we can avoid attending at the same time.......(those who agree this statement according to philosophy, they are called, Indertermist, Sceptic)

3...2...1....start!

+Quote Post
ZaiRa
post Mar 15 2007, 12:41 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Member No.: 7593

QUOTE(IDOL @ Mar 14 2007, 09:36 PM) *

Do you believe that everything has cause and effect? do you agree that everything is determined? do you believe in fate and say, tomorrow we are gonna have a sea battle and there is no chance to avoid? (those who agree with this statement are Determinists, Hard Determinst, Soft Determinist, Dualist, Fatalist)

3...2...1....start!

I believe in this!
Cant argue though wacko.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:43 AM