Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Darjeeling?

, Suggestion for places to stay

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Darjeeling?, Suggestion for places to stay
anurag
post Feb 28 2006, 02:18 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 550

Can anyone who has been to Darjeeling suggest some nice place to stay in Darjeeling? I am planning a few days trip there in the early summer.

I'd like to be close to the city centre and preferably a hotel from where the view is good.

Would also love to hear any tales from someone's visit there.

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Feb 28 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Anu me me me jump.gif

I went in 2004 to Darjeeling/Sikkim wub.gif

I spent wunly 2 days in Darjeeling and then proceeded to Sikkim!

The name of the hotel was Hotel Garuda .. it was in a market place .

Hotel Garuda (2 Star)
64, Ladenla Road, Darjeeling
Single Bedded 1150 -
Double Bedded 2500 -
Three Bedded or More 3250 -

There are many places to see in Darjeeling

Tiger Hill is a must - You gotto get there early hours of the day (say you have to leave the hotel room atleast by 5 am) to view the beauty of sunrise - I have posted some pix taken there on another thread.

http://www.darjeelingnews.net/tiger_hill.html

Lotz of monasteries to see. We went to see a Japanese Pagoda (That is how I remember it was called! - pix have been u/l in one of the threads under this sub forum)
You can get away from darjeeling to Kalimpong - which is another awesome place to be.

N rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
anurag
post Feb 28 2006, 10:16 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Oh that is fantastic, Nimz. Looks like you had some fun there. I'd surely go to Kalimpong, which I believe is not that far.

Yaar, tell me one thing. What is this one bedded room? Does it mean only one person can sleep on the bed? How does it differ from double bedded?

How was this hotel and how far is it from chowrasta?

I am also looking forward to doing some water rafting and mountain biking there. Did you do any of that?

I could n't find any pics from your Darjeeling trip in any thread. sad1.gif

QUOTE(Nimii @ Feb 28 2006, 03:50 AM) *

Anu me me me jump.gif

I went in 2004 to Darjeeling/Sikkim wub.gif

I spent wunly 2 days in Darjeeling and then proceeded to Sikkim!

The name of the hotel was Hotel Garuda .. it was in a market place .

Hotel Garuda (2 Star)
64, Ladenla Road, Darjeeling
Single Bedded 1150 -
Double Bedded 2500 -
Three Bedded or More 3250 -

There are many places to see in Darjeeling

Tiger Hill is a must - You gotto get there early hours of the day (say you have to leave the hotel room atleast by 5 am) to view the beauty of sunrise - I have posted some pix taken there on another thread.

http://www.darjeelingnews.net/tiger_hill.html

Lotz of monasteries to see. We went to see a Japanese Pagoda (That is how I remember it was called! - pix have been u/l in one of the threads under this sub forum)
You can get away from darjeeling to Kalimpong - which is another awesome place to be.

N rolleyes.gif

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Mar 1 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Single bedded yaani wunly one bed - it can house wunly one person *and I know you aint going alone rollf.gif

Well the hotel was certainly centrally placed as far as I can remember. We had a vehicle to carry us all over the place *we were 5 of us and needed a 5 seater - Qualis*

No we didnt have the time to do water rafting or mountain biking coz we were hardly there for 2 days.. our main destination was Sikkim!

Oh I havent u/l the pix headbang.gif I thought I had !!! hairpull.gif But, I have uploaded, I remember in Mandrake's thread - on photography - the sunrise on Tiger Hill.

N blink1.gif
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Mar 1 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 2035

Hey Anurag!!!!!! You going to Darjeeling??? That's awesome thumbs-up.gif You have me for company tongue1.gif jump.gif I'm going to be there in another 15 days........ rotate1.gif

Love Music....... LOVE GK
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Mar 1 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Abbe spank.gif Kabbab mein haddi mat ban!! He is going to Darjeeling with you know who na wink2.gif

N rollf.gif laugh.gif
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Mar 1 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Can't help it tongue1.gif doh.gif Tickets have been booked looooong back biggrin.gif rollf.gif Anyways... not to worry Anurag..... I'll make sure I don't book the same hotel as yours...... so no tension of Kabab-mein-haddi wink2.gif Wokaay??? laugh.gif

PS: Aur Haan..... agar kahin Darjeeling ki sadkon par if you bump into me... toh tumhaare "you know whom" ke saamne pehchaanne se inkaar mat karna!!!!! blab.gif mad.gif tongue1.gif

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Mar 1 2006, 01:49 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Arre u can serve us a better purpose poora Anurag ka coverage nikaal ke aana aur ham sab ko batana camera.gif blab.gif

N laugh.gif
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Mar 1 2006, 04:38 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Arre....... of course..... bas hukum karo...... wink2.gif Aisa coverage camera.gif leke aaoongaa..... ke bas dekhte reh jaaoge tongue1.gif poseur.gif

PS: Anyways..... I've promised only about not booking the same hotel na... tongue1.gif Baajuwaale.... aur opposite hotels ke baare mein kuch likkha toh nahin na....... wink2.gif

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Mar 1 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Haan GKS ye baat to apne deemag mein aaya na!! Tum to super super ideas leke ghoomta hai...

Plz note he is talking about mountain cycling aur water rafting bhi!!!!!!!!

N wink2.gif
+Quote Post
anurag
post Mar 2 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Accha, to yahan mere expense per mastee ho rahee hai?? angry.gif

Not to worry, GKS, if we do bump into each other, I'd surely introduce you to her. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Mar 3 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hehehe....... that's quite generous of you Anurag bhai smile1.gif Hope to meet you at Darjeeling for sure thumbs-up.gif

Btw...... Nimii .... or anyone else who has visited Darjeeling before...... can you provide more insights as to what all to see over there? Also, I gather that, there's some place by the name of Jalpaiguri/New Jalpaiguri..... till where the normal trains go. From there, we have to go by other means. How long is the journey to Darjeeling from there? unsure.gif Any more insights regarding anything to do with Darjeeling would be most welcome wink2.gif

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Mar 3 2006, 04:16 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ya I have heard about that place but never been there cry.gif

I went to Baghdogra and drove to Darjeeling .. stayed 2 days there and left for Sikkim and after 4 days we reached Kalimpong and then drove back to Baghdogra to get the flight back to Kolkata.

N mellow.gif
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Mar 5 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Well.. unfortunately Sikkim, Kalimpong etc. are not part of our itinerary sad1.gif (Though I'ld have loved to be there thumbs-up.gif)

We would be going from Kolkata to Darjeeling (by the overnite train) to reach New Jalpaiguri in the morning...... and then wahaan se have to travel to Darjeeling. sad.gif Now to figure out the means, and how long it takes to go up there...... confused.gif

And yes...... as i said.... please enlighten me more on what all to see in Darjeeling..... more details please rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Mar 5 2006, 10:06 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Darjeeling mein maine likha thaa na TIger hill is important.. There is a zoo there . called Padmaja Naidu.. something.. it is on such a big expanse. An orchid nursery is there which has some of the best orchids.

MOnasteries bahut hai headbang.gif cant remember the names either cry.gif

N sad1.gif
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:42 PM