Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

How Much Of It Is True? Any Reasoning Behind It?

, People getting "possessed"; 'Harming' themselves....

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Much Of It Is True? Any Reasoning Behind It?, People getting "possessed"; 'Harming' themselves....
gkshyam
post Jan 7 2006, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 2035

Well....... this thing has always been an unanwered query for me......... I have witnessed many many people "Getting possessed"....... (not by spirits....... by God, that's what they claim... mellow.gif) ...... Such incidents happen almost regularly..... at temples, Poojas, Bhajan programmes etc.

Now let me list some of the common 'traits' or behaviour shown by these 'possesed' people.......Well, what's wierd is that..... they, on getting possessed, do certain activites, which for a normal human I would term as harmful/painful.......

* Invariably scream loudly..... whole body shaking violently/even uncontrollably..... (Atleast 4-5 ppl have to catch hold of them..... possibly to avoid the affected person hurting themselves.... or even hurting others in the process...... mellow.gif doh.gif)
* Sometimes..... on getting possessed.... the person.... Hits the floor in front of him with mighty force..... its sooooo audible even if u r seated long away from the person...... they hit the floor with as much might and sound...... (kind of 'signalling' to others that I'm possessed??? unsure.gif)
* Demand for Burning camphor to be placed on their palm/toungue!!!!! (Eeekks..... shocked.gif sad1.gif)

Some other things done by people..... (even maybe 'non-possessed' people.... do stuff as an 'offering' to God)
* Walking barefoot on fire/burning coal mad.gif
* Piercing cheeks, or any other body parts with rods/sharp objects/needles etc.. doh.gif
* Reports of Animal Sacrifices and sacrifice of self body parts in temples are regular stories on TV and papers. mad.gif
* Something more wierd activites that I've seen...... would better not mention them...... Eekks.. even thinking of it makes me freak out mad.gif Would have anyone watching them freak out for sure.... doh.gif headbang.gif

Well, frankly, I dunno how far this 'getting possessed' part of it is true..... some believe it to be true, some say its all fake...... and probably it doesnt bother me beyond a point...... but what bothers, is why on earth must they go on to do such harmful/painful activities???? Proving some point??? or if acco. to them when God enters their body, they get powers to do such stuff?? doh.gif Or trying to make God happy by doing such things??? I mean.... what the ___!!!! huh.gif

C'mon.... I'm too a religious person to quite an extent...... But I get freaked out sometimes on seeing such stuff happen..... doh.gif My simple logic is that..... we are all, after all God's creations .. and I frankly, DO NOT think God would be happy to see his children undergo pain or suffer..... that's my thought...... then why all this???? unsure.gif doh.gif

Is there any end to this? Any answer? I don't think its just plain matter of belief.... there's surely more to it..... ninja.gif huh.gif Any comments? unsure.gif

Love Music....... LOVE GK
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bibhas
post Feb 11 2006, 10:50 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1314

I believe it's one of the two reasons:

1. Attention grabbing techniques by people craving attention/fame

2. These people suffer from psychiatric conditions-split personality, schizophrenia, hallucinations.

A science that does not deliver us to the portals of metaphysics is a failed science and a religion that does not embrace physics is not grounded in reality.
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post Feb 11 2006, 02:04 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2066

If gd didn't want us to go through suffering, why did he create suffering? confused.gif

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:22 PM