Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 38 39 40 41 42 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
swarapriya
post Oct 3 2011, 01:33 AM
Post #586

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Dev) Nau Do Gyarah (1957)

This film was the first directorial venture for Vijay Anand, Dev’s younger brother who also wrote its story. Earlier Vijay wrote the screenplay for “Taxi Driver (1954)’ and collaborated in writing the screenplay with his other brother Chetan Anand for “Funtoosh (1956)”. Vijay, fondly known as Goldie, also had a cameo in “Funtoosh”.

“Nau Do Gyarah” became a huge hit and Goldie followed with many other winners for Dev including the widely acclaimed smash hit “Guide (1965)”.

The music by Burmanda is an absolute winner. All of the songs joined the hit parade when the movie was released and even today, after 54 plus years, they haven’t lost their charm.

Incidentally, Majrooh Sultanpuri, who wrote the beautiful lyrics for the movie, generated controversy with the song “Aankhon Mein Kya Ji”. The part of the song, “Aanchal Mein Kya Ji … Ajab Si Hulchul”, was at the center of the controversy. This is much before Anand Bakshi Saab wrote the famous song “Choli Ke Peeche Kya Hai” for “Khal Nayak” in 1993. Apparently things haven’t changed that much in 36 plus years.

I am uploading songs from this film, from an original soundtrack album, in two back-to-back posts. In the second post, I am also including a special version of “Hum Hai Raahi” with Dev’s introduction. Dev talks here the guiding philosophy of his life and how this song intertwined with it.

Now for the songs in the first post…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 3 2011, 01:40 AM
Post #587

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Nau Do Gyarah (1957)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this film including a special with Dev's commentary...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 9 2011, 11:29 PM
Post #588

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Anokha Milan (1972)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Saat Saath" thread in this directory. These are available starting at the following location...

https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...617&st=1015

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 17 2011, 05:22 AM
Post #589

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Mehlon Ke Khwab (1960))

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "The Three Reigning Queens" thread in the "Sangeet ke Sitarey" directory. These are available starting at the following location...

https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...1503&st=843

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 24 2011, 02:07 AM
Post #590

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Kala Pani (1958)

Madhubala starred in as many as six films in 1958. These include, “Baghi Sipahi”, “Chalti ka Naam Gaadi”, “Howrah Bridge”, “Kala Pani”, “Phagun”, and “Police”. Most of these were successful with some more than the other. All of them had some memorable songs. “Kala Pani” not only had some memorable tunes but also became a box-office hit.

In “Kala Pani”, strictly speaking, Madhubala had only a limited role. Yet she lit up the screen with her infectious smile whenever she was present. But “Kala Pani” was Nalini Jaywant & Dea Anand's movie all the way. Both of them delivered some of the best performances of their lives. Jaywant grabbed a Filmfare Award for her performance as the Best Supporting Actress and Dev won the Best Actor Filmfare Award. This was the year Dilip was also nominated for "Madhumati" and Raj Kapoor was nominated for "Phir Subah Aayegi", both very fine performances, especially the latter one was a deeply affecting portrayal of a tormented soul with a guilt to hide that was brilliantly executed by Raj.

The story of "Kala Pani" was credited to Vijay Anand. However, it was based on A.J. Cronin's popular English novel, "Beyond This Place". Raj Khosla, a good friend of Dev directed the film. This was a well-made movie with a great plot, catchy songs, fine acting, taut suspense, and polished direction.

A word about Khosla (see the picture attached below). He came to Bombay to become a singer. He was disillusioned when no singing opportunities came by as he has hoped. At this time his friend Dev Anand came to his rescue by recommending him to Guru Dutt. Raj worked for Guru as an assistant on four of his films. He finally got a break to direct “Milap” in 1954 with Dev as the leading man. That movie was a flop. But Guru Dutt gave him another chance with “C.I.D.”. This film directed by Raj, released in 1955, became a huge hit and Khosla finally arrived. “C.I.D.” also starred Dev. Incidentally Raj’s next three films also starred Dev as the hero (“Kala Pani” in 1958, “Solva Saal” also in 1958, and “Bombai Ka Babu” in 1960).

Raj went on to make several major hits but eventually by late 80’s he lost his touch and almost every movie he made was a flop. Disillusioned he took to heavy drinking and passed away.

Talking about the songs, this was yet another crowning achievement in Burmanda's illustrious career. Every song was a thumping hit. Even today they give so much joy when you listen to them. But the song of the album was Rafi Saab's poignant rendering of the solo "Hum Bekhudi Mein". It touches deeply your heart and even repeated listening of it still continue to transcend one into an inexplicable mystical sublime experiential world. These are the type of songs why Burmanda, Rafi Saab, and Majrooh Saab continue to occupy our hearts.

I am uploading the songs from this film from an original soundtrack album in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all the songs from the film. The second post contains some specials.

Here are the songs in the first post...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Oct 24 2011, 02:16 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 24 2011, 02:14 AM
Post #591

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Kala Pani (1958)"...

I am including some special songs below. The details are given in the table...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 31 2011, 01:05 AM
Post #592

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Dastaan (1972)

B.R. Chopra produced and directed this movie with Dilip Saab playing twin brothers. This was based on his earlier hit "Afsana" made in 1951. That movie starring Veena and Ashok Kumar in the dual role was a hit and established producer and director B.R. Chopra as someone to look forward to in future films. In a great career starting with several socially conscientious films he made several successful as well as entertaining movies. Later on he produced and co-directed with his son Ravi Chopra the epic "Mahabharata" television serial.

However, "Dastaan" was a complete miss. The original story written by I.S. Johar, who also re-wrote this 1972-version, didn't have the same spunk or soul. Only redeeming feature of this film was its great music by Laxmikant & Pyarelal. Most of the songs from the film were hits with Rafi Saab's solo, "Na Tum Zameen Ke Liye" taking the honors. My favorite of the album is Asha's beautiful song, "Woh Koi Aaya". Asha packs so much emotion into the song that it engulfs you totally in her mesmerizingly enchanting voice. Just love it.

Here are these and other songs from this film from an original soundtrack album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 7 2011, 02:27 AM
Post #593

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Jhumroo (1961)

Songs from this album were recently uploaded in the "Three Reigning Queens" thread in this directory. They are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...1503&st=860

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 14 2011, 12:45 PM
Post #594

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Solva Saal (1958)

Here is another movie adapted from Frank Capra's famous English movie "It Happened One Night". It was already made as "Chori Chori (1956)" with Nargis and Raj Kapoor which was a huge hit. This one with Waheeda and Dev was followed by "Basant (1960)" starring Nutan and Shammi Kapoor. Much later Mahesh Bhatt made the same story as "Dil Hai Ke Manta Nahin" in 1991 with Pooja Bhatt and Aamir Khan. The fascination for this story has yielded several beautiful musical hits. Raj Khosla was back again directing this with young Waheeda and debonair Dev looking like million bucks. It had beautiful music composed by the inimitable S.D. Burman. RD was the assistant music director. Hemantda’s singing of the song "Hai Apna Dil To Awaara" sways heart so hopelessly that it just about takes your breath away.

Here are the songs from this sweet album ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 21 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #595

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dilip) Koshish (1972)

I think this is one daring movie because the story revolves around two deaf and mute adults and their travails through the lives. Someone told me that it was inspired by a Japanese movie. It probably was. The credits did say that Gulzarji wrote the story, screenplay, dialogues, lyrics, and directed the film. But there are so many instances in the Hindi film world that someone claimed credit to someone else's work.

There are only two songs in this film. The music was by the maestro Madan Mohan Saab. Music was not a significant part of the movie for obvious reasons because both of the lead players are deaf and mute.

The film received various awards. Both Jaya Bhaduri and Sanjeev Kumar in the lead roles received National Acting Awards for their respective performances.

Technically speaking, Dilipji didn’t star in the movie. However, his voice could be heard answering the phone in one scene. His name was not included in the credits.

Here is a description of the songs and the songs themselves ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 28 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #596

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Kishore) Madhya Rater Taara (1961) - A Bengali Film

I am uploading three songs from this film that starred Kishoreda. I am requesting members to share any of the missing songs. Thank you.

Here are the three songs I have...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
abhijoy
post Nov 28 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #597

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 148584

excellent upload....

Regards

Gargi
+Quote Post
Debopriyo
post Nov 28 2011, 11:28 PM
Post #598

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 76169

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 28 2011, 01:59 PM) *

I am uploading three songs from this film that starred Kishoreda. I am requesting members to share any of the missing songs. Thank you.

1961 Tomar Eto Bhalobasha - Modhyorater Tara Hemanta Mukherjee Gouriprasanna Majumdar
2:46 - 128kbps

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2011, 03:05 AM
Post #599

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(abhijoy @ Nov 28 2011, 01:09 AM) *

excellent upload....

Thank you Gargi. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Nov 29 2011, 03:06 AM
Post #600

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Debopriyo @ Nov 28 2011, 09:58 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Nov 28 2011, 01:59 PM) *

1961 Tomar Eto Bhalobasha - Modhyorater Tara Hemanta Mukherjee Gouriprasanna Majumdar
2:46 - 128kbps

Thanks for the song Debo. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 38 39 40 41 42 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:09 PM