Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

An Article We Wrote

, Article on MM-Lata combo

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> An Article We Wrote, Article on MM-Lata combo
ani218122
post Jul 22 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi folks,
here's an article on the combo my friend Srijit and yours truly wrote last week.

Will be thankful if you kindly peruse

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1050715/asp/...ory_4980498.asp

Regards
Anirudha
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
visuja
post Jul 22 2005, 03:20 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2745

Dear Anirudh,

My heartiest congratulations to you (and your friend) on a very nice article on MM - Lata duo. Excellent analysis and good presentation. Was pleased to know some of the facts pointed out in the article.

Many thanks and all the best for future works.

Vivek
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
ani218122
post Jul 22 2005, 03:22 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

QUOTE(visuja @ Jul 22 2005, 03:20 PM)
Dear Anirudh,

My heartiest congratulations to you (and your friend) on a very nice article on MM - Lata duo.  Excellent analysis and good presentation.  Was pleased to know some of the facts pointed out in the article.

Many thanks and all the best for future works. 

Vivek

Thanks Vivek. The article had to be cut from 2500 words to around 800 to fit the page, so lot of info had to be edited.. and the Veer Zara part was forced upon to attract the present generation of readers
+Quote Post
visuja
post Jul 22 2005, 03:36 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2745

Oh ! Thats kinda sad. Given the constraints, let me congratulate you once again. clap1.gif

If you dont mind, would it be possible to post the original article at the relevant forum or site after consulting the admin.. ?

Vivek
+Quote Post
ani218122
post Jul 22 2005, 03:52 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

The master document has been submitted to telegraph, hence, it would be difficult to retrieve the same as this may lead to copyright issues. Nevertheless, I shall ask the editors if they mind returning the original.

Else, someday, we might try and reconstruct . Thanks for your appreciation

+Quote Post
shaibaal
post Jul 22 2005, 05:20 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 1177

QUOTE(ani218122 @ Jul 22 2005, 05:22 AM)
The master document has been submitted to telegraph, hence, it would be difficult to retrieve the same as this may lead to copyright issues. Nevertheless, I shall ask the editors if they mind returning the original.

Also wanted to convey my congratulations on a very well written piece. Considering it has taken me almost fifteen minutes to write these two lines, I envy your lucidity. I am sure this is not the first time you have written.....hope to read more.
Shaibaal.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use - Galileo Galilei
+Quote Post
ani218122
post Jul 22 2005, 06:38 PM
Post #7

Unregistered

QUOTE(shaibaal @ Jul 22 2005, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE(ani218122 @ Jul 22 2005, 05:22 AM)

Also wanted to convey my congratulations on a very well written piece. Considering it has taken me almost fifteen minutes to write these two lines, I envy your lucidity. I am sure this is not the first time you have written.....hope to read more.
Shaibaal.

Thanks Shaibaal.
Yes, I have written before. Used to freelance at one point of time for some newspapers. Suerly I'll update hamaraforums if any relevant material is published.
Regards
Anirudha
+Quote Post
rom
post Jul 22 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 233

Anirudha ji, I remember some very well informed and very well written articles on music in the weekend magazine of the Statesman several years ago... written by a two-man team. Don't recall the byeline of the two writers, was wondering if you were one of them... huh.gif

THE INTELLIGENT MUST MAKE CONCESSIONS!
+Quote Post
ani218122
post Jul 22 2005, 07:23 PM
Post #9

Unregistered

QUOTE(rom @ Jul 22 2005, 07:02 PM)
Anirudha ji, I remember some very well informed and very well written articles on music in the weekend magazine of the Statesman several years ago... written by a two-man team. Don't recall the byeline of the two writers, was wondering if you were one of them... huh.gif

Yes, u have got it right. Amitava Chatterjee and myself. BTW, are you from Cal? Or else, where did u find those articles?
+Quote Post
rom
post Jul 22 2005, 07:32 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 233

Oh, you were one of them! Good. I have several of those articles filed up in my hometown.
No, I'm not from Cal... Statesman used to, and still does, reach far. Then there's a Delhi edition too, of course. So not difficult to get the paper in north India. smile1.gif

THE INTELLIGENT MUST MAKE CONCESSIONS!
+Quote Post
shivani
post Aug 2 2005, 11:19 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2848

Hi Anirudha Ji
The article is really great smile1.gif and I would like to congratulate you on the same.
Can I ask for your insight on.. why Veer Zaara does not seem to be the work of MM ? It somehow lacks the soul.
I have not heard lot of Madan Mohan, but all of his compositions are.. alive and grab you. Whereas Veer Zaara seems to be "good music" smile1.gif.
Its my humble opinion and in no way an offense to anyone.
+Quote Post
ani218122
post Aug 17 2005, 03:23 PM
Post #12

Unregistered

QUOTE(shivani @ Aug 2 2005, 11:19 AM)
Hi Anirudha Ji
The article is really great smile1.gif and I would like to congratulate you on the same.
Can I ask for your insight on.. why Veer Zaara does not seem to be the work of MM ? It somehow lacks the soul.
I have not heard lot of Madan Mohan, but all of his compositions are.. alive and grab you. Whereas Veer Zaara seems to be "good music" smile1.gif.

Just as u have said, it lacks the soul.. & Lata is past her peak.
I would say that it was more of a publicity stunt than concern for MM or his music.
+Quote Post
hits
post Aug 21 2005, 02:55 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 688

QUOTE(shivani @ Aug 1 2005, 11:49 PM)
Hi Anirudha Ji

Shivani,

Madan Mohan used to be very careful in his choice of musical instruments in his creations. Listen to "Betaab Dil Ki" or "Tum Jo Mil Gaye Ho". He believed in letting the dhun and the charisma of the singer's voice define the song.

In Veer Zaara, except for a couple of songs, the choice of instruments (in my opinion), very greatly detracted from the overall effect of the dhun itself. Then, of course, as Ani mentions above, Lata's voice strains noticeably in many a place in these songs.

I think the tunes by themselves were quite exquisite.

Hits
+Quote Post
LEGENDRAFI
post Aug 30 2005, 10:29 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 2633

Well, forget Veer Zaara, how many other films have music that is soulful and touching? Hardly any! This is mainly due to the tremendous use of electronic instruments today rather than the use of original instruments as was the case in the golden era. The sound that a Sitar or a Jal Tarang or for that matter a Tabla can produce can hardly be matched by electronic synthesizers and that is why their is no soul in today's music. Music today might sound good to the ears but can it ever take you to divine levels or can it create a heavenly experience for the listener? I really don't think so!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:20 PM