Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Evergreen Lata Mangeshkar

, News, articles etc. about the nightingale

7 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Evergreen Lata Mangeshkar, News, articles etc. about the nightingale
Sharmila-Sweet
post Apr 15 2011, 09:38 AM
Post #61

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75253

Lata Mangeshkar to honour Dharmendra
Afsana Ahmed, TNN | Apr 14, 2011, 05.10pm IST

Lata Mangeshkar and DharmendraAfter Bollywood personalities Amitabh Bachchan, Aamir Khan and Kajol, it's now Bollywood's original He man, Dharmendra, who has been chosen by the Mangeshkar Trust to receive the prestigious `Deenanath Mangeshkar Award' in a mega event to be held on the 24th of this month. The musical function will also see felicitations of other eminent musicians, artists, dramatist and social workers. They will be honored by Bharat Ratna winner and India's nightingale Lata Mangeshkar with Memento and a cash prize.

Dharmendra was ecstatic to hear about the felicitation, "I have received very few awards of appreciation in my long career. So such honors make me emotional. I am really honored to be considered worthy of this award," says Dharam, emotionally.

He further adds that it's a pleasure to be felicitated by Lata. Recalling his association with Lataji, he says they go back a very long way. "She's sung for so many of my heroines. They were lovely and romantic songs. Where do you get to listen to such melodies today", rues Dharam with a tinge of nostalgia. 'Every song of hers is my favorite," he says.

The duo was recently felicitated at the Mi Marathi award.

Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post May 30 2011, 11:22 AM
Post #62

Group Icon

I'm not retiring, says Lata

By IANS, 30 May, 2011

A media report claiming that octogenerian Lata Mangeshkar is planning to retire has upset the singing legend who is surprised how a reputed newspaper could have published such an item.
‘Today, I read a news in DNA newspaper that said that I am retiring. This is absolutely wrong. And I am surprised a reputated newspaper like DNA has published wrong and irresponsible information about me,’ Lata Sunday posted on her Twitter page.

The 81-year-old says that she has come into this world to sing and will keep singing till her last breath.
‘If I want to retire, then I will make that decision myself, not others. DNA, or others who want to tell all this, do they really need to talk about my retirement? Be it any newspaper, they should talk to me directly; should not write an article on the basis of hearsay. Nobody has the right to insult me and my future work will be a reply to such rumours.

‘What has also upset me is that wihout making any effort to find out the details about my health, they have written that I am suffering from back pain. This is also a lie,’ Lata asked.
A receipient of the Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian honour, Lata, during her almost seven decade long career has sung for over 1,000 Bollywood films and in 36 regional languages.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post May 31 2011, 10:17 AM
Post #63

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar to sing title track for Asha Bhosle starrer Maaee
By Bollywood Hungama News Network, May 27, 2011 - 20:01 IST

By now its common knowledge that veteran playback singer Asha Bhosle is making her big screen acting debut in Maaee. However the big breaking news is the fact that the title song of the film will be sung by none other than legendary playback singer and Asha's elder sister Lata Mangeshkar.

Speaking about this, Asha says, "Lata didi has agreed to sing the title track of my film Maaee and I am very happy."

The title track is yet to be recorded and will be scheduled as per Lataji's availability. The song has been composed by Nitin Shankar.

Principle shooting of Maaee is almost complete. The film tells the poignant tale of what happens when a woman is abandoned by her only son and then goes to live with her daughter and son-in-law.

Maaee is directed by Mahesh Kodiyal and produced by Subhash Dawar and Nitin Shankar.
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 1 2011, 01:58 PM
Post #64

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar's real name was Hema
May 19, 2011, 11.39am IST
Tags:Lata Mangeshkar

Lata Mangeshkar's real name was Hema. Her parents, Dinanath and Shevanti Mangeshkar, named her Hema.

She lent her voice for the first time for a Marathi movie 'Kiti Hasaal' in 1942, but the song was not released. It was her song 'Nathli chaitrachi navlai' in the Marathi film 'Pahili Mangalagaur' (1942) that was the first, to see the light of day. She even acted in 10 films, including 'Pahili Mangalagaur', 'Badi Maa' (1945), 'Jeevan Yatra' (1946), 'Mandir' (1948), along with cameos in 'Chhatrapati Shivaji' and 'Pukar' (2000).

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 13 2011, 02:29 PM
Post #65

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar's passion, other than singing is painting and she is also an expert in the art of applying make-up and an avid photographer.

Hidden talents we must say.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jun 28 2011, 11:27 AM
Post #66

Group Icon

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_indor...o-india_1559847

Indore, the cradle that gave Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar to India
Published: Tuesday, Jun 28, 2011, 8:00 IST | Updated: Tuesday, Jun 28, 2011, 2:00 IST
By Zafar Ansari | Place: Indore | Agency: DNA

If the journey of music in India were to be mapped, Indore would be its most popular milestone.

The city was home to iconic artists, Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore Kumar, who immortalised Bollywood with their distinctive singing styles. Lata was born in Sikh Mohalla in 1929. A Raymond’s showroom now stands tall in place of her aunt’s house where she was delivered, 80 years ago.

Indore, at that time, was dominated by Marathi culture. So, Lata grew up in a Marathi environment. She would cycle her way to Naulakha Garden where the Indore Zoo was built.

Lata used to frequently visit Indore to meet her aunt and cousin Malti. She had a strong fetish for dal bafala —the famous cuisine of the Malwa region. Every time she visited the city, her cousins would get dal bafala from the finest shop in their locality.

Unlike Lata, Kishore Kumar aka Abhas Kumar Kunjilal Ganguly, was born in a lawyer’s family on August 4, 1929, at Khandwa, around 150km from Indore.

Kishore had this habit of wearing shorts to the Indore Christian College where he completed his graduation. In his free time, Kishore would throw up impromptu acts of singing and mimicry under a tree in the college campus.

He carried his unmistakable trait of wearing a pair of shorts and a smile from his college days in Indore to the reel life. Kishore started his career as an actor in the movie Shikari (1946). He made his debut as a singer with Marne ki duayen kyon mangu for the film Ziddi (1948). Unfortunately, the legend could never return to his birth place after climbing the peak of his career.

— As told to Shruti Marwaha

Lata Mangeshkar (centre) with the Jadhav family of Indore. The picture was taken some time in 1940
Zafar Ansari | DNA

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Jul 29 2011, 10:29 AM
Post #67

Group Icon

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/inte...geshkar_1570541

I don't like remixes: Lata Mangeshkar
Published: Friday, Jul 29, 2011, 9:38 IST
By Team After Hours | Place: Mumbai | Agency: DNA

Do you see films?
I see very few films. Music itself has undergone a lot of change. There was a time when music directors and singers were as popular as the hero and heroines. Musicians would decide if they should take Lata or Asha for a song. Or decide between (Mohd) Rafisaab, Kishore Kumar or Mukesh… Nothing like that happens now. Now one film will have six voices — one song by Sonu (Nigam), one by someone else…

I also hear that a film has five music directors today.Producers (barring Yash Chopra) too don't pay much attention to music. You rarely get to hear good music. Earlier even if a film flopped the music was successful. And to add to it, the internet too is forcing music companies to take a backseat.

Any song that you liked recently?
One song that I really liked was Main Hoon Naa’s title track… Besides, even the voices have changed. Hamare time pe joh awaazein thi, matlab ladki ki awaaz ladki ki hi lagti thi (laughs)… Sorry!

Who's your favourite from among the current lot of Bollywood singers?
Sunidhi (Chauhan) sings well but she has a different voice — if she tries to sing a lori, it’ll not work. Then there’s Shreya Ghoshal, Sonu Nigam, Udit Narayan (who’s not a new artist), Alka (Yagnik), who I believe does not sing anymore and Shaan. But what we are today is also because of our music directors.

They — Ghulam Haider, Sachin Dev Burman the, RD Burman, Madan Mohan,Jaidev, Ravi Shankar — worked hard on us. They were well-versed in classical music, which is very important. Like if you want to write, you need to know how to read. It’s the same with classical music, you should be able to understand your raags.

Did you ever have an argument with a music director?
Never, we sang the way we were told to. At times I’d try a taan or alaap and they would appreciate it. Only Rafisaab would object to it at times. Y’see, I would decide that I’ll try out a certain note today and not inform Rafisaab about it. Aur jaha unhone kaha yahan take karte hai, main ekdum gaa deti thi. Rafisaab would sulk sayingthat if you had told me, I too would’ve sung it that way.Mujhe mazaa aata tha unko zara chedne mein...

A song that is closest to your heart…
The song closest to my heart is 'Aayega aanewala' fromMahal. No, there’s no personal story to it, bas achha lagta hai.But I remember how it was recorded. Director Kamal (Amrohi) had an indepth knowledge in music and shayari. He told me that he wanted the voice to sound like it was coming from afar.

Since those days we had no such recording machine to create the effect, I had to walk and sing the opening lines till I reached the mike. Once I reached the mike, I would begin the song from Aayega aanewala…I did this routine 10 – 15 times, which is also the reason I remember the song very well (laughs).

I remember Nargis Dutt’s mother was in the studio too, when I recorded the song that day. She was a good singer herself. She called out to me when I finished recording the song, and asked me my name. When I told her that my name was Lata Mangeshkar, she said, ‘Accha, so you are a Marathan! Amazing, you pronounced ‘baghair’ very well.’ (laughs) She was referring to the line – ‘deepak baghair’ in the song.

A lot of the old songs especially RD Burman's are being remixed, the makers say that they are reviving the old songs...
Woh kya phir se laayenge? Woh galat faimi mein hain. What has already been created and appreciated by people should not be tampered with. I don't like remixes. If you have to take an old song, then sing it the way it’s been sung. Puraani cheez laakar aap bana nahi rahe hai, bigaad rahe hai.Where’s the talent in that?

Your sister Asha Bhosale has done a lot of international collaborations.Aren't you interested in doing something similar?
I’m not aware of whom she's sung with, but I have no interest to do something like that.

Do you listen to all her songs?
Asha’s? Yes, every song that she sings. But I feel that if one has to collaborate with another artiste then it should be with someone really big, not with little known artistes.

Do you listen to international artistes?
Yes, I am fond of Nat King Cole. I started listening to his music in the 50’s. I have all his records. I even toyed with the idea to do a recording of his songs, but was advised against it. I liked the Beatles too!

Do you think that musical reality shows provide a platformformusic talents?
The only way the music show talents will benefit from what's happening on TV recently, is that they can have their own stage shows. You remember what happened to Abhijeet Sawant? They gave him a car, but he never sang in films. He gained a lot from stage shows though. Yeh platform jo hai… ab kya hua hai ki platform tod ke raste bade ho gaye hain (laughs). Most of our artistes — Sonu, Shreya, Sunidhi — today are doing a lot of stage-shows too, there’s a lot of money in it.

What do you think of the movement led by Anna Hazare?
I don’t comment on politics ever, and I am also least interested in it. But I don’t see anything wrong in what Anna Hazare is doing.

You also tweet regularly...
Yes, my brother’s son writes it for me. Nowadays, I also include English words in it and I take my sister’s daughter’s help for that.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Aug 1 2011, 03:40 PM
Post #68

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar’s call is medicine for ailing Bhupen Hazarika

Published: Monday, Aug 1, 2011, 10:00 IST
By Prasanta Mazumdar | Place: GUWAHATI | Agency: DNA

For years, melody queen Lata Mangeshkar has mesmerised people across the globe with her soulful voice. On Sunday, the Nightingale of India’s phone call to Bhupen Hazarika, 85, proved to be ‘sweet medicine’ for the ailing music maestro, who is undergoing treatment at Andheri’s Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani hospital for over a month.

A semi-conscious Hazarika, who was put on ventilator on Wednesday night and was not responding to treatment for over six days, not only opened his eyes for a minute when Lata Mangeshkar inquired about his health, but they also turned moist, said Debasish Sarma, deputy resident commissioner of Assam Bhavan in Mumbai.

Lataji called filmmaker Kalpana Lajmi, Hazarika’s long-time companion. “The phone was placed near Bhupenda’s ears when Lataji spoke this morning. To everyone’s surprise, Bhupenda opened his eyes,” Sarma said. “Lataji told him that they were all wishing for his speedy recovery and eagerly waiting to have him back among them.” Lata Mangeshkar and Bhupen Hazarika have belted out hits in several films, the most popular being Rudaali and Ek Pal.

Sarma said ever since he heard Lataji’s voice, Bhupenda has been recovering well. “His condition is much better today. His lung infection decreased significantly, almost by 70%,” Sarma said quoting doctors attending to the music icon. “He is responding well to medicines for the past two days and is breathing about 25 times a minute. The doctors said he will be put off ventilator once he regains complete consciousness.

The Assam government has told hospital authorities to provide the best medicines and treatment to Hazarika. Meanwhile, Assamese people settled in Mumbai prayed near Kokilaben hospital for Hazarika’s speedy recovery for a second consecutive day on Sunday. Special prayers were held in Assam too.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Aug 16 2011, 11:23 AM
Post #69

Group Icon

Shammi Kapoor a cheerful and nice human being: Lata Mangeshkar
Published: Sunday, Aug 14, 2011, 20:01 IST
Place: Mumbai | Agency: PTI

Expressing grief over the death of veteran actor Shammi Kapoor, legendary playback singer Lata Mangeshkar remembered him as a "cheerful and courageous" person.

"I am saddened with the death of Shammi Kapoorji. He was a big star of the film industry and also a very good human being. He was very lively person... courageous, faced all difficulties very bravely," Lata said on micro-blogging site Twitter.

The 79-year-old actor passed away this morning due to chronic renal failure at Breach Candy hospital in Mumbai.

"He was on dialysis for quite sometime. Even though he had to take treatment thrice a week he was a very cheerful and happy-go-lucky person. He used to attend functions also. When he had received Dinanath Mangeshkar award he had come to Pune... at that time he was not on dialysis and used to drive," she said.

"Also, Shammiji was a very good singer. He has learnt music and used to call me his sister. I am feeling awful by his death and may his soul rest in peace," she added.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/repo...geshkar_1575960
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 28 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #70

Group Icon

Memorable melodies

Posted On Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 04:02:35 AM

Lata Mangeshkar celebrates her 82nd birthday today on September 28, 2011. More than two decades back, during a song recording of the Dharmendra-Hema Malini starrer 1975 film Pratiggya, photographer Jagdish Aurangabadkar captured the singer along with her lyricist Anand Bakshi (extreme right), music composers Laxmikant Pyarelal (on either side of the singer), lead actor Dharmendra and director Dulal Guha (extreme left).

In the 1970s, Lata Mangeshkar voiced many songs for the composer duo Laxmikant-Pyarelal. Incidentally, it was Lata Mangeshkar who spotted talent in a 10-year-old Laxmikant playing the mandolin at her concert in Radio Club, Colaba.

The young boy then met his future partner Pyarelal at Sureel Kala Kendra, a music academy for children run by the Mangeshkar family. In fact, it was the Lata Mangeshkar again, who recommended Laxmikant-Pyarelal’s names to music directors like Naushad and Sachin Dev Burman.

Laxmikant-Pyarelal’s association with Lata Mangeshkar grew stronger over the years. Starting in 1963, Lata Mangeshkar sang over 700 songs for the composer duo over a period of 35 long years, most of which became huge hits.

In fact, the composer duo even went on to win the Indian government’s prestigious Lata Mangeshkar music award.

On her birthday, through this picture, we remember one of the most melodious associations of her life.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/201...e-melodies.html
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 28 2011, 10:16 AM
Post #71

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar turns 82!

http://ishare.rediff.com/video/entertainme...rns-82-/4975928
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 28 2011, 11:26 AM
Post #72

Group Icon

Born to sing: Lata turns 82 on Sep 28th
By IANS, 27 September, 2011

One of the gems of the Hindi film industry, Lata Mangeshkar turns 82 Wednesday and even after spreading the magic of her voice for seven decades she is still singing songs with aplomb.

Thanks to her successful long journey and her body of work, she has become an institution in herself and a guiding force not just for budding singers, but also for established artists.

‘It’s our good fortune that we have taken birth in the times of Lataji. She is our goddess of music and she is always going to be an inspiration for our generation and the generations to come,’ singer Sonu Nigam told IANS.

Starting her career in 1943 at the age of 13 with the song ‘Mata ek sapoot ki duniya badal de tu’ for Marathi film ‘Gajaabhaau’, Lata, who is called the Nightingale of India, went on to record songs for more than 1,000 films in 36 languages.

From classical to romantic numbers to ghazals to bhajans, she made her mark in a variety of genres.

Even at this age her zeal to sing is the same which was evident when she sang ‘Tere hasne se’ for ‘Satrangee Parachute’ that released this year.

‘Lataji is my teacher, my inspiration and it is because of her that I’ve loved music so much. I want to wish her all the happiness in the world,’ said Shreya Ghoshal.

Shaan says that ‘Whatever you say about Lataji is less. All I want to say is that the divinity that she has in her voice is unique and very different. Whatever the song might be, she adds dignity to it. Very subtly she brings out the expressions in a song. She is an institute in herself and the only one among so many.’

Lata, who is the voice behind evergreen lilting melodies like ‘Aaja re pardesi’, ‘Kahi deep jale kahi dil’, ‘Beeti na bitaai raina’, ‘Tere bina zindagi se’, ‘Tere bina jiya jaaye na’, ‘Naino mein badra’, ‘Chalte chalte’ and ‘Yaara sili sili’, made it to then Guinness Book of World Records from 1974 to 1991 for having made the most recordings in the world.

Not just for singers, for actors and filmmakers too, the Bharat Ratna recipient is the voice that gave Hindi songs the quality that will be remembered for years.

‘I think for any actress Lataji singing for her is a blessing because we all know what incredible talent she has. We can only hope that she lives for many many years to come and sings forever,’ said Dia Mirza.

Filmmaker Yash Chopra feels proud that an artist like Lata was born on Indian soil.

‘For an artiste to be at the pinnacle of her career for 69 uninterrupted years is an unprecedented feat in any field anywhere in the world and we are proud that an Indian, our very own Lata Mangeshkar, has achieved this,’ Chopra had told IANS.

‘I have been fortunate to have worked with her for over five decades from my very first film, ‘Dhool Ka Phool’ till my most recent film ‘Veer Zaara’.

‘As a director, I can vouch that Lataji makes each song her own. She adds so many characteristic nuances, making it easier for an actress to enact and for the song to stand the test of time. They say that people follow music, but in Lataji’s case, music follows her.’

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 28 2011, 12:14 PM
Post #73

Group Icon

Wishing Lata Mangeshkar a very happy Birthday
By Bollywood Hungama News Network, September 28, 2011 - 11:50 IST

History has it that Mahatma Gandhi was called 'Father of the Nation', Sardar Patel was called as the 'Iron Man of India'. No prizes for guessing as to why is today's birthday girl Lata Mangeshkar called the 'Nightingale of India'! Having started her glorious career in 1942, Latadi has spanned over six & a half decades.

She has recorded songs for multitudes of Bollywood movies & has sung songs in over thirty-six regional Indian languages & foreign languages, though primarily in Hindi. She is the second vocalist to have ever been awarded the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian honour. In 1974, The Guinness Book of Records listed Lata Mangeshkar as the most recorded artist in the history, stating that she had reportedly recorded "not less than 25,000 solo, duet & chorus backed songs in 20 Indian languages" between 1948 & 1974.

+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 28 2011, 12:47 PM
Post #74

Group Icon

I don't miss being married: Lata Mangeshkar
Afsana AhmedAfsana Ahmed, TNN | Sep 28, 2011, 12.00AM IST

Lata Mangeshkar

TOI gets up close and personal with the legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar on her 82nd birthday

Last few weeks Lata Mangeshkar has been a little caught up. Having wrapped up the Ganpati puja at her Peddar Road residence, the melody queen says there are no special plans for her 82nd birthday today. "I never plan, kyonki jo hona hai wohi hota hai," she smiles. But the evening will see the legendary singer being honoured with the newly instituted `Hridaynath award' for Lifetime Achievement by Amitabh Bachchan. Thereafter she is off to Pune for her usual holiday. Exceprts of an interview...

You are the first recipient of the award that's instituted in your brother Hridaynath Mangeshkar's name
I am proud to accept this award. He is my guru though he is younger to me. I am very proud of him and my other siblings. Yeh bachche mere saamne bade huwe hai aur gaurav ki baat yeh hai ki kisine apne bure waqt pe ya apne mukaam pohochne mei mere madad nahin li. Even though our mother brought them up unke parvarish pe thoda bahut haath mera bhi hai. They are like my children.

In hindsight, what has been the one most enriching and regretting factor in your life respectively?
I am most happy and at ease when I sing. As for regrets, I have none, because whatever God gives it's meant for you and whatever you miss was never for you. I am only thankful to God.

Is there any sense of loneliness that you feel sometimes?
Kabhi kabhi mei ek khaalipan mehsoos karti hun. All my friends are gone..so are the golden days!

Are you in constant touch with friends from the industry?
Nargis and Meena Kumar were my close friends. We used to be in touch regularly till they passed away. Dev Anand is another person who I am in touch with. Otherwise from this generation, Anu Malik often calls me to chat. I am also close to Aamir Khan, Shankar Mahadevan, Hariharan and Sonu Nigam.

Why do you always holiday in Pune and London?
You forgot Kolhapur. I have a house there too. I often run away to these places when I want to escape Mumbai's cacophony. These places have different and lovely memories for me. But for the last few years I have stopped going to London for personal reasons.

Other than music, what else are you involved in?
Photography. I love clicking pictures. I also love cooking. Everyone loves my gaajar ka halwaa and pasanda. I also prefer sitting in my room and reading. Books are a different world I would like to get lost into.

So have you clicked any new pictures?
Nowadays, I have stopped clicking pictures because I do not understand the functioning of a digital camera which is in vogue. Mujhe acche nahin lagte. I love black and white
pictures.

But you can still click with your old camera?
I have sold all of them because they are hardly in use these days. I don't think anyone values that kind of camera anymore.

Among the sisters who are you closest to ?
I have no favourites and I love all three of them. We share everything like all regular
siblings.

So what about the famous Lata-Asha rivalry?
Aisa kuch nahin hai. Jyadaatar woh sab aafwae the. Yes, we were different in nature. I was the quiet type whereas she was the restless and on edge kind. Badi himmat hai yeh ladki mein. She's a versatile singer and a legend in her own way. But we are sisters and quite close. She comes and sits with me and shares everything. We have one door in our house. My bedroom door opens to Asha's room.

Lastly Lataji, like every girl who grows up with dreams of marriage, do you miss being married?
No. Everything happens according to God's wish. Jo hote hai acche ke liye hote hai aur jo nahin hote who aur acche ke liye hote hai. Had you asked me this about four to five decades back, perhaps you would have got a different answer. But today I have no room for such thoughts.
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 28 2011, 03:00 PM
Post #75

Group Icon

Lata Mangeshkar is the 'Goddess of music', an 'inspiration', says Bollywood
Published: Wednesday, Sep 28, 2011, 11:52 IST
Place: Mumbai | Agency: PTI

Describing her as the "Goddess of music" and an "inspiration", several Bollywood singers as well as actors wished the legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar good health on her 82nd birthday today.

"I wish Lataji a very happy birthday. She is the Goddess of music. She is not only an inspiration to me, but to everyone. On this beautiful occasion, I wish her good health and many more wonderful and beautiful years ahead," playback singer Sunidhi Chauhan said.

"For me, Lataji is next to God. I feel, music is alive today only due to her. I am fortunate enough to have sung songs with her," Abhijeet Bhattacharya said.

Abhijeet got the opportunity to sing with the melody queen like Darwaza Band Karlo (Darr) and Ole Ole, Lagi Lagi Hai (Yeh Dillagi).

"Lataji meri bahut pyaari hai (Lataji is very sweet). I know her for a long time...our association is very old. Even if I don't say anything, Lataji knows that I love her and will wish all the good in life," evergreen star Dev Anand said.

"Lataji has been a significant entertainer, not only for our countrymen, but everyone across the globe. We all love her a lot...If I get a chance, I would meet...and wish her," superstar Shahrukh Khan said.

Singer Sonu Nigam said, "I wish her very happy birthday filled with loads of love and care. I think it is our fortune to take birth in the times of Lataji. She is an inspiration for me and will always continue to inspire several other generations."

"I never got the opportunity to sing with her, but she has been an inspiration for me. She is an institution of music. In fact, when my son was born, I took him to the recording room, where my husband was recording a song with Lataji, to seek her blessings. I value her very much. All I observed is that she is well-prepared for her songs and I try to follow her," singer Rekha Bhardwaj said.

"On this occasion, I wish her good health and hope she continues to allure us with her beautiful songs," she said.

"Lataji singing for any actress is a blessing. She has an incredible talent. We can only hope that she lives for many many years and sings forever," actress-producer Dia Mirza said.

"I wish Lataji could sing for me. She has been an inspiration not only to singers, but even to actors and everyone in this industry. I wish her all happiness and a healthy life," said actor Zayed Khan.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:04 PM