Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Mohd. Rafi – The Voice That Changed The Course Of Indian Movie Music Forever.

, Birthday Thoughts

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
> Mohd. Rafi – The Voice That Changed The Course Of Indian Movie Music Forever., Birthday Thoughts
SAJDAH
post Dec 24 2006, 01:06 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 3708

It is that time of the year again – the season of goodwill and bonhomie when all is supposed to be well with the world. And true to spirit, it was on this day in the year 1924 a Mohd. Rafi is born.

An introduction to Rafi sahab or his music would be considered heresy; for his is a voice that needs no introduction, universally loved, admired and revered as he is.
If Music as they say has a soul, then that soul couldn’t have found a more befitting way to show its truer element than it does in the voice of Rafi sahab.

It wasn’t that Rafi sahab sang the songs that came his way so perfect that no one, but no one could have rendered then better – that achievement in excellence might be his very own, but the way he unconsciously ( consciously ? ) draws out the best in us ( the listeners ) – what of that ?
For inherent in his voice is that calming force that would check the very Devil on his wake.
His was a persona that would show a person in the glass for what they are – and reform them too. His goodness reflected in his voice, he might even be called a faith healer of a sort – for he always has and always will exert a positive influence on those who are in need of his healing touch.

Time winds to a stop when he sings. Peace reigns, troubles forgotten – you wish the moment would last forever.
An expressive face is considered to be an asset for every aspiring actor.
An expressive voice might be judged on the same plane, only that not everyone, aspiring singer or otherwise are lucky enough to possess this winsome quality.
And one facet that adds to the rare beauty of Rafi sahab’s voice is in its infinite expressiveness. Only wild Nature can ever hope to match the sheer intensity of power and passion that are held captive in his vocals.

A voice that’s ever pleasing, ever inspiring, ever entrancing – that’s our Rafi sahab.

Talent and goodness rarely go together, and when they do – you are awed by it. Dwarfed in its very presence. That is our Rafi sahab – he never had any flaws that he could call his own; his worth needing no validation whatsoever.
This isn’t yet another of those familiar sycophantic fan tributes - not to me, it isn’t.

Ho can a b’day celebration be complete without the customary gifts ? And knowing what would please you Rafi sahab, we’ve brought you the only gifts that cannot possibly be bought from any ‘store’ in the world. The gift of love, admiration, of veneration. The Universe Created thrice over wouldn’t be enough to hold them all.
For what you’ve given us is more than we’ll ever fathom or even deserve.
I would only be echoing what everyone knows and wish to say, is the Truth that Life would be a dreary, miserable place were it not lit up by the beauty of your songs.

Your voice Rafi sahab, is the only sanctuary that ever really comforted us often – in grief, in disappointment, in ill health and in pain. Many a pill has failed when just the gentle strains of a dearly loved song given voice by you have been known to work miracles. Miracle – that’s what your voice is. And you.

There are very few singers’ in this world who could hold sway over people’s hearts and souls, defying Time and Age – and you easily belong there.
Your immortality was ensured in every song you gave life to. Father Time rules its tyrannical hand over everything, but even he had to retreat disappointed before you. And why not ?
Life smiles and weeps through your voice. It couldn’t have chosen a better medium to express itself.

In an ugly, crazed world, yours is the voice of sanity that unifies where no unity seems possible.
Is that too just the charm at work or is it something more ? The Unseen Power at Work ?

There’s supposed to be an affinity between seasons and personality. If that’s true then why doesn’t it work for you ? The icy, chill of bleak December with your sunny, ever smiling persona. Affinity ?
I don’t see any.

The genial, gentle singer with the most genuine smile the world has ever seen. A singer and a gentleman – that’s the way we choose to remember you, Rafi sahab.

Never thought that God could be so selfish wanting to keep you all to Himself. Well, He got the math all wrong – for once.
Each day brings with it only an excuse to love you more – as if that’s even possible. We never would have known what true joy, peace, serenity, bliss is weren’t for the many beautiful songs that you gifted us with.
Your life, your music, everything about you is an inspiration to us. Then, now and ever.

We love you and your soul-captivating voice. Truth be told, I can’t quite decide what I am more enamoured with – the voice or the person ? Happily, I am not alone in this dilemma.

Most folks ( the rest hate to celebrate theirs at all ! ) get to celebrate their birthdays just once a year – and we celebrate yours every day, whenever we hear a song of yours.
And yet, here’s the interesting twist to the ‘riddle’ – you remain ever young in our minds and hearts. That’s how it should be – will always be.

You might have parted from us, but we certainly are in no mind to part with you – not quite. Not ever.

Eternal peace be with you Rafi sahab. Ameen.

Sajdah

IPB Image
"I live for those who love me, For those who know me true;
For the heaven so blue above me,
And the good that I can do."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
haneef
post Dec 25 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5938

Sajdah Ji, I haven't read anything more beautiful (ever) words written and dedicated to Mohd. Rafi Sahab on his birthday that you did so easily.
It is indeed a great tragedy on my part I always feel, that I have never met this singing Angel in person. But I am so very thankful to him from the deep depths of my soul, for the huge treasure he has left for us in the form of his songs. Rafi Sahab, only if you could've measured the love that we share for you, in the form of a ladder .... which would've reached all the way to heaven, you would be compelled to come back to us. And fill our saddened hearts again with your mesmerising voice.
I am a man of few words, but God indeed has been selfish here .... to take you away from us.

Happy Birthday Rafi Sahab !

Haneef
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
SAJDAH   Mohd. Rafi – The Voice That Changed The Course Of Indian Movie Music Forever.   Dec 24 2006, 01:06 AM
harihar   It is that time of the year again – the season of...   Dec 24 2006, 01:10 AM
nadeem mohd   http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/musik/f...   Dec 24 2006, 02:15 AM
humble_rafi   Sajdah Sahiba every word that you have written spe...   Dec 24 2006, 02:30 AM
Pradeep   Happy birthday Rafi Sahab :) As usual a great wri...   Dec 24 2006, 01:23 PM
myawan   Happy Birthday to you...Rafi saab!! TERI...   Dec 24 2006, 02:59 PM
zashakeel   It is that time of the year again – the season of...   Dec 24 2006, 04:33 PM
parag_sankla   Excellent piece of work. Many thanks for thee effo...   Dec 25 2006, 01:04 PM
haneef   Sajdah Ji, I haven't read anything more beauti...   Dec 25 2006, 04:47 PM
kesuma   Dear Sajdah Jii, I've been admiring your piec...   Dec 25 2006, 05:25 PM
SAJDAH   Harihar ji, Humblerafi sahab, Pradeep ji, ZA Shake...   Dec 27 2006, 05:46 PM
harihar   THANK YOU ALL once again. Insha'allah we...   Dec 27 2006, 05:59 PM
Harold   Sajdah-ji, Great job!!! Thanks for t...   Dec 31 2006, 06:29 AM
SAJDAH   Sajdah-ji, Great job!!! Thanks for ...   Jan 9 2007, 03:34 PM
Harold   Sajdah-ji, Great job!!! Thanks for...   Jan 17 2007, 05:26 AM
nasir   Sajdahji you write as though you're possessed....   Jan 6 2007, 10:55 PM
SAJDAH   Sajdahji you write as though you're possessed...   Jan 9 2007, 03:38 PM
SAJDAH   Me too. :rolleyes:   Jan 17 2007, 01:01 PM
Rafi:Bhakt   Sajdah-ji, What a beautiful and soul-touching wri...   Jan 17 2007, 09:42 PM
SAJDAH   Sajdah-ji, What a beautiful and soul-touching wr...   Jan 18 2007, 12:02 PM
SAJDAH   [quote name='Rafi:Bhakt' post='330609' date='...   Jan 19 2007, 01:21 PM
Rafi:Bhakt   Sajdah-ji, you're right, I simply love The Hum...   Jan 19 2007, 12:06 AM
sanjkash   [quote name='Rafi:Bhakt' post='331021' date='J...   Jan 19 2007, 03:12 AM
SAJDAH   Sajdah-ji, you're right, I simply love The Hu...   Jan 19 2007, 01:12 PM
LEGENDRAFI   Sajdah ji, 'haste' is not something that I...   Feb 5 2007, 08:08 PM
SAJDAH   Sajdah ji, 'haste' is not something that ...   Feb 9 2007, 06:47 PM
Shahid Hussain   [color=#FF0000]Good News For The Muhammad Rafi Fan...   Jan 20 2012, 10:09 PM
surhall   sangeet ka safar good news dhall   Jan 21 2012, 09:36 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:56 PM