Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Navratri Ke Nau Din Dhammal Here

, Happy Navratri to HF friends

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Navratri Ke Nau Din Dhammal Here, Happy Navratri to HF friends
Bawra Jay
post Oct 16 2004, 04:56 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 561

Hiya Friends,

Navratri starting from today and it gonna be a Dhammal for next 9 days....

Lets all participate here and have a blast online celebrating Navratri , Garba , Dandiya and Jagrata party2.gif party2.gif party2.gif

"HAPPY NAVRATRI FESTIVAL"

The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart. --Gautama Buddha
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Oct 16 2004, 05:00 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

user posted image

user posted image ( Jay Shree Ambe Maaiya )

The 9 nights festival of Navratri begins on the first day of Ashwina of the bright fortnight. Seeds are sown, sprouting is watched, the planets are consecrated, and on the 8th and 9th days, Goddess Durga, Vijayashtami and Mahanavami are worshipped. The Devi Mahatmya and other texts invoking the Goddess who vanquished demons are cited.
The day after Navratri i.e. the 10th day after Ashwina, is Dussera which celebrates the victory of lord Rama over Ravana. Ravana is burnt in effigy, often giant dummies of Ravana stuffed with fireworks are shot with arrows until they blow up before a large, applauding audience.

The most characteristic dances of Gujarat during Navratri are the Rasa and Garba dances which are performed at all levels of society by men and women. The origin of the Rasa is traced back to the legends connected with the life of Lord Krishna. It is essentially associated with the agricultural rites. The Rasa is performed in Gujarat India on Navaratra; and other important festivals associated with harvest and crops. The Rasa dances of Saurashtra are closely related to agricultural functions and are for the best part grain-ritual dances.
They are performed only by men and are often complex circular formations to represent designs of lotus and other designs considered magical religious and auspicious.

Gujarat is one of the greatest places to enjoy Navratri. All kinds of Rasa-Garbas, Dandia ras etc. are practiced in this period, feasting and fasting are important cultural aspects of this day, and various rituals are performed at temples of the 9 Goddesses of Hinduism. The atmosphere is electric and revelry is in the air. The best places to enjoy the atmosphere of Navratri in Ahmedabad , Baroda and Mumbai. The most impressive artistry of the Rasa dances of Gujarat and Saurashtra is displayed in the Dandiya Rasa by men. It is a counterpart of the Garba of the women. The dancers use sticks at the end of which tiny bells (ghungrus) are tied so that they give off a clear jingling sound when they strike one another. This dance has a very complicated rhythm pattern and even though the dancers begin in a slow tempo, the dance develops in such manner that each person in the circle not only performs a solo dance with his own sticks, but also has a complex multiple relationship with both his partners on either side as also partners opposite him in the circles. The circle keeps breaking sometimes into two concentric circles and sometimes into three or four circles within the orbit of a larger circle.

+Quote Post
Lata
post Oct 16 2004, 06:09 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 69

This festival is celebrated by ladies all over India. It is celebrated for nine nights (nava means nine) We worship the Godessess Durga, Lakshmi and Saraswathi for getting courage, wealth and knowledge respectively.

In Tamil Nadu dolls and idols of Gods are arranged in steps like a staircase. It is called "Kolu". On the top most step, we place the Gods and the other dolls on other steps.

The place may be decorated with art papers, baloons, dolls, etc. Floral decorations may also be done. They also exhibit the arts and crafts made by themselves on these steps. They also build parks, ponds etc, near the steps.

Each day, a type of sundal is prepared as offering to God. In the evening, people invite the neighbours and offer Thamboolam with the sundal, clothes, coconut or some token gifts.

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Oct 16 2004, 06:14 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here comes my first GARBA song... ofcourse the first one has to be inviting of Mataji for Navratri.... Its an excellent Guju Garba Song ...from movie Manek Thumb... "Hey Aaj Mataji Aviya Mare Aagne....." by Usha Mangeshkar and Prafful Dave ... Enjoy the typical folk garbo ...

+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Oct 16 2004, 06:58 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Now comes the one of the bestest song ever heard in my life during a navratri festival......Yes I am the one of the lucky guy who has met personally the Rishab group and have heard them live when they where not so popular and busy for AARKEE

Tara Veena Shyam Mane Akelu Akelu Lage..none other than one of my very very fav group "RISHAB"... more about them later... but this changes the whole misconception on the GUJU music is only related to garba and folk songs... Excellent song sung so classicaly by Shri Atul Purohit

+Quote Post
ras
post Oct 16 2004, 07:07 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 276

HAPPY NAVRATRI TO ALL.

regards....ras
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Oct 16 2004, 07:12 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Now this is a must listen for all at different ages but still very very young at heart.... Aye Mune Ekli Meli Ne Rame Raas.....

+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Oct 16 2004, 07:47 AM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Some different Avtaars of Goddess

+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Oct 16 2004, 02:51 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 120

Wow... Thanks for these uplaods... Was missing listening to these songs this navratri and you made my day by uploading these songs specially Tara Veena Shyam...

Do you have another very popular garbo "Maniyaro Te...". If yes, can you upload it here?

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Oct 16 2004, 11:04 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Happy Navratri to alll!!! smile1.gif

Oh nothing more fun than garbaaaa! Navratri totally rocks.

Jay, thanks for the garba uploads. "Tara vina shyaam" is one of my favs too - a garbo that gives goosebumps. I think I have the same one you uploaded... mine is 10MB - 11:18 mins mine starts gradually. So the singer is Atulbhai Purohit. I didnt know about that. He has sung is so beautifully. Where did you hear them live?

Here are few more from me.

"Maniyaro re" is by Diwaliben Bhil it seems. Not sure. In fact, I dont know the singer names for all of these.

ps. I have 40 more garba but in mpc file format. biggrin.gif Anyone interested?
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Oct 17 2004, 04:53 AM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Chitz , so you going for Garba nights... wearing those JAZZY glamoroues dresses... Yes very true the navratri's 9 nights are of so much dhammal ke pucho hi maat... here its not that much fun as used to be back in India but than rather than sitting complaining about it ... I still find some real good fun time even here in USA... FRI-SAT for 2 weeks so out of 9 nights atleast getting 4 nights of dance wink2.gif ....

I think that Maniaro Re is sung by Damyanti Bardai... I know she and DiwaliBen sounds so similiar but still if u hearly closely there is some difference....

Vivek , Chitz already uploaded Manirao Re... , but Chitz I have the one that has more file size... dunno what would be the difference but am uploading it anyhow ... you guys check it out which one to keep and than will delete mine if its a repeat upload smile1.gif

+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Oct 17 2004, 05:00 AM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Another famous one... Achko Machko Kareli .... Tame Kiya Te Gaam Na Gori Raaj... original movie version smile1.gif

+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Oct 17 2004, 05:05 AM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

And this is so so funny.. atleast I find it funny tongue.gif ... Chitz... seekhi ley aa song... would be nice way for telling why you didnt pick that handsome hunk wink2.gif .....

Dhotiyawalo Gamto Nathi....

+Quote Post
Chitralekha
post Oct 17 2004, 05:07 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 13

Thanks for that upload. I will check it out. The names are same so I am guessing it's same song but diff bit rate.

Oh we have too many places that have garba going on. Good thing about being in bay area is it doesn't feel like you are too far away from India. One of the organizations, GCA has garba for 6 days that range from first week of Oct to first week of Nov. And whenever they dont have garba, other places have so even 2 days per week for 5 weeks makes 9 na biggrin.gif Went for 2 days already... now will go next wknd. Here we get to see non-Gujjus doing garba too which makes it more exciting. It's nice. Not same as garba of Baroda or VVN but something's better than nothing. smile1.gif

This post has been edited by Chitralekha: Oct 17 2004, 05:15 AM
+Quote Post
Bawra Jay
post Oct 17 2004, 06:07 AM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Chitz.. seems everyone busy gone outside playing Garba-Dandiya and the indian friends sleeping after a long night playing ...

This song was not that famous till our Falguni Pathak sung it... this is not the Falguni version as its more like remix one... but this is a nice clean copy....

Mumbai Thi Gaadi Avi Re...

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:40 AM