Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Taj Mahal

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Taj Mahal
NATURE
post Jul 17 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2238

Controversial History of Taj Mahal ...
From the day of my childhood, My Mom has been telling me about the Love of Shah Jahan and
Mumtaz and to show how much he loves her he created this " 1 of the Greatest wonders of the World ".
Yes, The TAJ MAHAL ...
I used to be surprised whenever My Mom said that. Still I used to .. But a long time back
This news came to my ears and then to my Brain. What news ? That Shah Jahan is not the
Creator of Taj Mahal, many people did it together and after a long time work, this dream became
Real ... I didn't believe this and forgot it but a few days back I got different people doing research
On this .. I don't know whether it is true or not. if this is not true then think what type of people we
Have around us, what they r trying to do. They want to take the credit of the great achievement
Which was actually done by somebody else ( Shah Jahan ) ... But if this is true then think how Shah Jahan
Distorted the complete History ...... Many of u may not like my message or may even hate ...
Truth will always remain truth whether bad or good, whether we like or dislike ...
Read this if u r interested. But U can't come to any conclusion unless u don't study. Go through this Page ...
TAJ MAHAL
----------------------------------------------------------

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
daremedevil
post Jul 21 2005, 08:22 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 1833

y not .......Taj mahal is an vedic temple ...........

yes it was built by king jai singh........y can't it be.....

y not ...anythin is possible.......

as a matter of fact we all r idiots and dumbhead (i am referrin to indians which include me too....with all due respect)

y not we have many errors in our history the one which we have been taugth at schools and colege's..
there has been many instances where we have been taught all wrong in schools....
our history has been manipulated and most of the facts (about 60%of history in books is all based on wrong facts or made up history) have been deleted and all wrong facts has been included .........
but this is a limit to allll things..............

but a dumbhead can bielieve all this like NATURE did....

but wait i think i know the reason behind all this propoganda...........................

i would have discuss more but i think its not an appropriate time to do...............

see u later ......

Some people are always grumbling because Roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
+Quote Post
Ankur
post Jul 23 2005, 01:44 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 681

QUOTE(catch22 @ Jul 16 2005, 09:05 PM)
The 'TAJ' is a national heritage monument, belonging to no personal or  religious body, group, trust or whatever. Eventhough the Wakf is under the direct control of the state government, in the best interests of the 'TAJ' it is better if control rests with the ASI.

Couldn't agree more!! smile1.gif
+Quote Post
daremedevil
post Jul 23 2005, 08:15 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Member No.: 1833

QUOTE(NATURE @ Jul 17 2005, 04:51 PM)
Controversial History of Taj Mahal ...

Which was actually done by somebody else ( Shah Jahan ) ...  But if this is true then think how Shah Jahan
Distorted the complete History ...... Many of u may not like my message or may even hate ...
Truth will always remain truth whether bad or good, whether we like or dislike ...
Read this if u r interested. But U can't come to any conclusion unless u don't study. Go through this Page ...
TAJ MAHAL
----------------------------------------------------------

The origin of the name "Taj Mahal" is not clear. Court histories from Shah Jehan's reign only call it the rauza (tomb) of Mumtaz Mahal. It is generally believed that "Taj Mahal" (usually translated as either "Crown Palace" or "Crown of the Palace") is an abbreviated version of her name, Mumtaz Mahal.......
The construction of this marble masterpiece is credited to the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan who erected this mausoleum in the memory of his beloved wife, Arjumand Bano Begum, popularly known as Mumtaz Mahal, who died in AH 1040 (AD 1630). Her last wish to her husband was "to build a tomb in her memory such as the world had never seen before". Thus emperor Shah Jahan set about building this fairytale like marvel.

The construction of Taj Mahal was started in AD 1631 and completed at the end of 1648 AD. For seventeen years, twenty thousand workmen are said to be employed on it daily, for their accommodation a small town, named after the deceased empress-'Mumtazabad, now known as Taj Ganj, was built adjacent to it. Amanat Khan Shirazi was the calligrapher of Taj Mahal, his name occurs at the end of an inscription on one of the gates of the Taj. Poet Ghyasuddin had designed the verses on the tombstone, while Ismail Khan Afridi of Turkey was the dome maker. Muhammad Hanif was the superintendent of Masons. The designer of Taj Mahal was Ustad Ahmad Lahauri. The material was brought in from all over India and central Asia and it took a fleet of 1000 elephants to transport it to the site. The central dome is 187 feet high at the centre. Red sandstone was brought from Fatehpur Sikri, Jasper from Punjab, Jade and Crystal from China, Turquoise from Tibet, Lapis Lazuli and Sapphire from Sri Lanka, Coal and Cornelian from Arabia and diamonds from Panna. In all 28 kind of rare, semi precious and precious stones were used for inlay work in the Taj Mahal. The chief building material, the white marble was brought from the quarries of Makrana, in distt. Nagaur, Rajasthan

Some people are always grumbling because Roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
+Quote Post
kallubhai4u
post Sep 7 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Member No.: 2330

QUOTE(ZUHA_ALI @ Jun 15 2005, 06:54 PM)
A Tribute to Beauty

The Taj MahaL

Agra, once the capital of the Mughal Empire during the 16th and early 18th centuries, is two and a half hours by express train from New Delhi. Tourists from all over the world visit Agra not only  to see the ruins of the red sandstone fortress built by the Mughal emperors but to make a pilgrimage to Taj Mahal, India's most famous architectural wonder. In a land where magnificent temples and edifices abound to remind visitors about the rich civilization of a country that is slowly but surely lifting itself into an industrialized society.
The postcard picture of Taj Mahal falls short to convey the legend, the poetry and the romance that shroud what Rabindranath Tagore calls "a teardrop on the cheek of time". Taj Mahal means "Crown Palace" and is in fact the most well preserved and architecturally beautiful tomb in the world. It is best described by an English poet, Sir Edwin Arnold, as "Not a piece of architecture, as other buildings are, but a proud passion of an emperors love wrought in living stones." It is a celebration of woman's  love, exquisitely potrayed  in marble. And that's the way to appreciate it !
Taj Mahal stands on the bank of River Yamuna, which otherwise serves as a wide moat defending the Great Red Fort of Agra, the centre of the Mughal empire until they moved their capital to Delhi in 1637. It was built by the fifth Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan in 1631 in the memory of his second wife, Mumtaz Mahal, a Muslim Persian princess. She died while accompanying her husband in Behrampur in a campaign to crush a rebellion, after giving birth to their 14th child. Her death so crushed the emperor that all his hair and beard were said to have grown snow white in a few months.
When Mumtaz Mahal was still alive, she extracted four promises from the emperor: first, that he build the Taj; second, that he should marry again; third, that he be kind to their children; and fourth, that he visit the tomb on her death anniversary. He kept the first and second promises. Construction began in 1631 and was completed in 22 years. Twenty thousand people were deployed to work on it. It was designed by the Iranian architect Istad Usa and it is best appreciated when the architecture and its adornments are linked to the passion that inspired it. It is a "symbol of eternal love".
Having buried her down at Behrampur, it was time for the emperor to keep his promise and  build a tomb there itself. But by and by , it was felt that it was virtually impossible to transfer all the marble there, as it would cost an entire fortune and an entire lifetime. So, when Agra was chosen as the only alternative, astonishingly her grave was uprooted and brought to Agra, only to be finally transferred to the monument, completed twenty two years later.

The Taj rises on a high red sandstone base topped by a huge white marble terrace on which rests the famous dome flanked by four tapering minarets. Within the dome lies the jewel inlaid cenotaph of the queen. So exquisite is the workmanship that the Taj has been described as " designed by giants and finished by jewellers". The only asymmetrical object in the Taj is the casket of the emperor which was built beside the queens,  as an afterthought. The emperor was deposed by his son and imprisoned in the Great Red Fort for eight years but was later buried in the Taj. During his imprisonment he was barred from visiting Taj. What he could have was just a little view of Taj in a reflection of a diamond.
As a tribute to a beautiful woman and as a monument for enduring love, the Taj reveals its subtleties when one visits it without being in a hurry. The rectangular base of Taj is in itself symbolic of the different sides from which to view a beautiful woman. The main gate is like a veil to a woman's face which should be lifted delicately, gently and without haste on the wedding night. In indian tradition the veil is lifted gently to reveal the beauty of the bride. As one stands inside the main gate of Taj, his eyes are directed to an arch which frames the Taj.
The dome is made of white marble, but the tomb is set against an awesome backdrop of the river and it is this background that works its magic of colours  through their reflection and transforms the view of the Taj. The colours change at different hours of the day and during different seasons. Like a jewel, the Taj sparkles in moonlight when the semi-precious stones inlaid into the white marble on the main mausoleum catch the glow of the moon. The Taj is pinkish in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden when the moon shines. These changes, they say, depict the different moods of woman.
Different people have different views of the Taj but it would be enough to say that the Taj has a life of its own that leaps out of marble, provided you understand that it is a monument of love. As an architectural masterpiece, nothing could be added or subtracted from it.

hi ZUHA,

the things u have mentioned 'bout Taj Mahal r very true. its our nations pride. but these days the growing pollution is really hampering the pristine beauty of Taj Mahal. restoration works r goin on, but i personally feel that,"Taj Mahal is
Taj Mahal & how much restoration we do, it cant b the same old Taj Mahal
". what i can say is that just enjoy this marvel.
+Quote Post
pranavjh
post Sep 7 2005, 10:49 AM
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 1123

QUOTE(daremedevil @ Jul 21 2005, 07:52 AM)
y not .......Taj mahal is an vedic temple ...........

yes it was built by king jai singh........y can't  it be.....

y not ...anythin is possible.......

as a matter of fact we all r idiots and dumbhead (i am referrin to indians which include me too....with all due respect)

y not we have many errors in our history the one which we have been taugth at schools and colege's..
there has been many instances where we have been taught all wrong in schools....
our history has been manipulated and most of the facts (about 60%of history in books is all based on wrong facts or made up history) have been deleted and all wrong facts has been included .........
but this is a limit to allll things..............

but a dumbhead can bielieve all this like NATURE did....

but wait i think i know the reason behind all  this propoganda...........................

i would have discuss more but i think its not an appropriate time to do...............

see u later ......

Yeah! Many errors have been taught in schools and colleges! Heck, in some colleges they don't even teach spellings of English words properly!

doh.gif doh.gif doh.gif

With due respect, of course....

Pranav
+Quote Post
shivani
post Sep 8 2005, 07:47 PM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2848

A festival at Taj Mahal .. around 26th September to celebrate its anniversary.
I think there will be a program by Asha Bhosle.. Abida Parvin.. and one more person.. if anyone was interested
sigh Abida!! I wish I was in Delhi sad1.gif .. two dreams coming along together!!
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Oct 15 2005, 10:40 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1583

Each women can be proud of it
(Farah Deeba pehlvi,Ex.1st Lady of Iran)

Shah's wife, or Queen of Iran.

good job zuhi excl.gif

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
deep750
post May 19 2006, 04:29 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 1875

QUOTE(ZUHA_ALI @ Jun 15 2005, 03:24 PM) *

Having buried her down at Behrampur, it was time for the emperor to keep his promise and build a tomb there itself. But by and by , it was felt that it was virtually impossible to transfer all the marble there, as it would cost an entire fortune and an entire lifetime. So, when Agra was chosen as the only alternative, astonishingly her grave was uprooted and brought to Agra, only to be finally transferred to the monument, completed twenty two years later.

Hi im reviving this tread after it has been sleeping for a while wink2.gif

I just want to know where this Behrampur is? I googled for it and after a quick overview it seemes like there are one behrampur in punjab in pakistan and one in orissa, which does the leggend refer to? assume it is the one in Punjab

Another thing, isn't it very negative to disturb a grave (acording to Islam), as Mumtaz' grave was, according to the legend?

Pain is my Destiny and I can't Avoid it!
Me and my solitude occasionaly talk...
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post May 19 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2066

An interesting tid-bit:
The ruler of Rajasthan very graciously agreed to provide the marble free, provided that the transport was paid for.

At that time, the transport cost came to 20 lakh rupees. (This info is off the main plaque outside the Tajmahal. I assume the conversion could be in terms of the value of a rupee 30 years back)

Self - belief is the most potent force.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post May 19 2006, 04:54 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Mandrakeaah I have photographed the plaque.. let me see what it says!!

N
ps : here it is

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mandrake
post May 19 2006, 04:58 PM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes pls, I had read it 15 years ago... correct me if I am wrong.

+Quote Post
Nimii
post May 19 2006, 05:03 PM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

I have filmed it too.. but capture karna parega.. I tried my best to take it one shot in the still. The plaque is slanted so it is a bit of a probs to take the snap.. I have taken a snap shots of all the plaques.. in agra fort, fatehpur sikri too..

N doh.gif
ps: had to resize to fit HF.. u want a bigger snap shot.. I can pm you MJ bol dena!
+Quote Post
Mandrake
post May 19 2006, 05:08 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

No Nimii, this doesn't say anything.
I remember it was a blue board with white/silver letters.

+Quote Post
deep750
post May 19 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Member No.: 1875

according to wikipedia did she die in Burhanpur in MP, not Behrampur as Zuha wrote...

anyone know what is correct?

Pain is my Destiny and I can't Avoid it!
Me and my solitude occasionaly talk...
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:21 AM