Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Taj Mahal

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Taj Mahal
ZUHA_ALI
post Jun 14 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1834

What the great people said about the TAJ MAHAL

Each women can be proud of it
(Farah Deeba pehlvi,Ex.1st Lady of Iran)

If my husband promises to build a Taj Mahal just like this,I would be ready to die just now
(Queen Elzabeth)

I'd love to live in Taj Mahal instead of White House.
(Mrs.jacqueline kennedy.Ex 1st lady of USA)

God knows why "Ford" has not built such as building in America
(Aua Gardner,Renowed Actress of Holly wood)

I have never seen such a beautiful dream
(King Hussain of Jadan)

What else is there in India except poverty and Taj Mahal
(Mau Tza Tung,Leader of Communist China)

I wish that Taj Mahal would be transffered at the bank of River Thames.
(Churchil.Ex Pm of Uk)

Don't See Taj Mahal in moonlight,it would move you to madness.
(Marlus Bardon Brando,Holly Wood Actor)

Never give up on the things that make you smile !!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Jun 15 2005, 05:42 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1609

Let the splendor of the diamond, pearl and ruby vanish like the magic shimmer of the rainbow. Only let this one teardrop, the Taj Mahal, glisten spotlessly bright on the cheek of time...
(Poet Rabindranath Tagore)

clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
ZUHA_ALI
post Jun 15 2005, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

A Tribute to Beauty

The Taj MahaL

Agra, once the capital of the Mughal Empire during the 16th and early 18th centuries, is two and a half hours by express train from New Delhi. Tourists from all over the world visit Agra not only to see the ruins of the red sandstone fortress built by the Mughal emperors but to make a pilgrimage to Taj Mahal, India's most famous architectural wonder. In a land where magnificent temples and edifices abound to remind visitors about the rich civilization of a country that is slowly but surely lifting itself into an industrialized society.
The postcard picture of Taj Mahal falls short to convey the legend, the poetry and the romance that shroud what Rabindranath Tagore calls "a teardrop on the cheek of time". Taj Mahal means "Crown Palace" and is in fact the most well preserved and architecturally beautiful tomb in the world. It is best described by an English poet, Sir Edwin Arnold, as "Not a piece of architecture, as other buildings are, but a proud passion of an emperors love wrought in living stones." It is a celebration of woman's love, exquisitely potrayed in marble. And that's the way to appreciate it !
Taj Mahal stands on the bank of River Yamuna, which otherwise serves as a wide moat defending the Great Red Fort of Agra, the centre of the Mughal empire until they moved their capital to Delhi in 1637. It was built by the fifth Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan in 1631 in the memory of his second wife, Mumtaz Mahal, a Muslim Persian princess. She died while accompanying her husband in Behrampur in a campaign to crush a rebellion, after giving birth to their 14th child. Her death so crushed the emperor that all his hair and beard were said to have grown snow white in a few months.
When Mumtaz Mahal was still alive, she extracted four promises from the emperor: first, that he build the Taj; second, that he should marry again; third, that he be kind to their children; and fourth, that he visit the tomb on her death anniversary. He kept the first and second promises. Construction began in 1631 and was completed in 22 years. Twenty thousand people were deployed to work on it. It was designed by the Iranian architect Istad Usa and it is best appreciated when the architecture and its adornments are linked to the passion that inspired it. It is a "symbol of eternal love".
Having buried her down at Behrampur, it was time for the emperor to keep his promise and build a tomb there itself. But by and by , it was felt that it was virtually impossible to transfer all the marble there, as it would cost an entire fortune and an entire lifetime. So, when Agra was chosen as the only alternative, astonishingly her grave was uprooted and brought to Agra, only to be finally transferred to the monument, completed twenty two years later.

The Taj rises on a high red sandstone base topped by a huge white marble terrace on which rests the famous dome flanked by four tapering minarets. Within the dome lies the jewel inlaid cenotaph of the queen. So exquisite is the workmanship that the Taj has been described as " designed by giants and finished by jewellers". The only asymmetrical object in the Taj is the casket of the emperor which was built beside the queens, as an afterthought. The emperor was deposed by his son and imprisoned in the Great Red Fort for eight years but was later buried in the Taj. During his imprisonment he was barred from visiting Taj. What he could have was just a little view of Taj in a reflection of a diamond.
As a tribute to a beautiful woman and as a monument for enduring love, the Taj reveals its subtleties when one visits it without being in a hurry. The rectangular base of Taj is in itself symbolic of the different sides from which to view a beautiful woman. The main gate is like a veil to a woman's face which should be lifted delicately, gently and without haste on the wedding night. In indian tradition the veil is lifted gently to reveal the beauty of the bride. As one stands inside the main gate of Taj, his eyes are directed to an arch which frames the Taj.
The dome is made of white marble, but the tomb is set against an awesome backdrop of the river and it is this background that works its magic of colours through their reflection and transforms the view of the Taj. The colours change at different hours of the day and during different seasons. Like a jewel, the Taj sparkles in moonlight when the semi-precious stones inlaid into the white marble on the main mausoleum catch the glow of the moon. The Taj is pinkish in the morning, milky white in the evening and golden when the moon shines. These changes, they say, depict the different moods of woman.
Different people have different views of the Taj but it would be enough to say that the Taj has a life of its own that leaps out of marble, provided you understand that it is a monument of love. As an architectural masterpiece, nothing could be added or subtracted from it.

+Quote Post
ZUHA_ALI
post Jun 15 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Taj MahaL

"Not a piece of architecture, as other buildings are, but a proud passion of an emperors love wrought in living stones."
(English poet, Sir Edwin Arnold)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
sharpguy
post Jun 15 2005, 07:16 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 1749

when i was kid 5 year old, we were in Agra, and I dont remember much but I remember that going to TajMahal was very common, we used to visit pretty often, I dont remember much about TajMahal, but I remember that at that time (in 1983) horse-cart used to be the only option to go there.
after that we left that place, and since then could never get chance to go back.. cry.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It requires wisdom to understand wisdom..
The music is nothing if the audience is deaf!
+Quote Post
ZUHA_ALI
post Jun 15 2005, 07:22 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sharpguy @ Jun 15 2005, 07:16 PM)
when i was kid 5 year old, we were in Agra, and I dont remember much but I remember that going to TajMahal was very common, we used to visit pretty often, I dont remember much about TajMahal, but I remember that at that time (in 1983) horse-cart used to be the only option to go there. 
after that we left that place, and since then could never get chance to go back.. cry.gif

awwwwwwwww Sad... Sabar kero bhai...app ko wahan janay ka dobara zaroor mauqa milay ga..

+Quote Post
hassan261
post Jun 16 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 680

TAJ MAHAL FOR SURE IS THE REAL BEAUTY OF ART AND LOVE,
BUT IT HAS OTHER ASPECT ALSO,
IT WAS BUILT BY SACRIFISNG 600 WORKERS HANDS< SO THAT NO ONE WOULD MAKE ANOTHER ONE OF SUCH MONUMENT LIKE TAJ MAHAL..

I THINK THIS WAS VERY UNJUST AND INHUMAN.

www.freewebs.com/hassan_mi

user posted image

user posted image
regards,
hassan

"UNLUCKY--- NO TIME FOR LOVE"

"LIFE LIES AHEAD OF YOU LIKE SHEETS OF DRIVEN SNOW, BE CAREFUL HOW YOU STEP ON,
FOR EVERY MARK WILL SHOW
!"
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jun 16 2005, 12:05 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 2035

Very True Hassan Bhai........I always sympathise with that aspect involving the creation of this wonder...... sad1.gif A dark spot on the otherwise Spotless Classic Wonder creation........(Spotless as far as the creation process is concerned........but now many spots are there on the creation.......due to all the pollution.......that is disturbing the existence of the magnificent Wonder of the World....)

Love Music....... LOVE GK
+Quote Post
hassan261
post Jun 16 2005, 12:39 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

QUOTE(gkshyam @ Jun 16 2005, 12:05 PM)
Very True Hassan Bhai........I always sympathise with that aspect involving the creation of this wonder...... sad1.gif A dark spot on the otherwise Spotless Classic Wonder creation........(Spotless as far as the creation process is concerned........but now many spots are there on the creation.......due to all the pollution.......that is disturbing the existence of the magnificent Wonder of the World....)

true!!
i have studied in class 10th that due to the smoke coming from the factories beside taj mahal areas, ITCHING HAS BEEN DEVELOPED IN THE WALLS OF Tajmahal,

and the walls have started to become yellow.

actually ITS THE GOVT RESPONSIBILTY TO TAKE CARE OF THE MONUMENTS LEFT BY THE MUGHALS AND THE FIRANGIS AND THE RAJPUTS(BRITISHERS),IN THE AREAS LIKE AGRA/ RAJASTHAN/ FATEHPUR SIKRI ETC...

BEAUTIES OF MANY MONUMENTS ARE NEAR TO DEAD BY NOW DUE TO LACK OF MAINTAINENCE.

user posted image

user posted image
regards,
hassan

FOR EVERY MARK WILL SHOW
!"
+Quote Post
gkshyam
post Jun 16 2005, 12:57 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2035

Completely agree with you Hassan Bhai....on that one.........Its high time the Govt. comes forward and takes up the issue more seriously......Well.....by the way, there are certain institutions such as the World Heritage Council, National Heritage Council etc. who classify such structures as "Heritage structures" and "Protected Structures" etc....... But I really dunno how much they are doing to actually protect and safeguard the monuments and their beauty......and their maintenance & development...... unsure.gif unsure.gif unsure.gif

Love Music....... LOVE GK
+Quote Post
hassan261
post Jun 16 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

QUOTE(gkshyam @ Jun 16 2005, 12:57 PM)
Completely agree with you Hassan Bhai....on that one.........Its high time the Govt. comes forward and takes up the issue more seriously......Well.....by the way, there are certain institutions such as the World Heritage Council, National Heritage Council etc. who classify such structures as "Heritage structures" and "Protected Structures" etc....... But I really dunno how much they are doing to actually protect and safeguard the monuments and their beauty......and their maintenance & development...... unsure.gif  unsure.gif  unsure.gif

huh.gif huh.gif

blink.gif

lets wait and watch the game!!!!,

user posted image

user posted image
regards,
hassan

FOR EVERY MARK WILL SHOW
!"
+Quote Post
AzgarKhan
post Jun 16 2005, 02:18 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 205

Ek kami thi Taj Mahal mein ..
Hum ne teri tasveer laga di ..

+Quote Post
deep750
post Jul 8 2005, 04:22 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 1875

dont know if anyone has read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taj_Mahal ?
btw the first picture of the Taj, from the front, was taken by me last year when I visited it

Pain is my Destiny and I can't Avoid it!
Me and my solitude occasionaly talk...
+Quote Post
Ankur
post Jul 15 2005, 06:14 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Member No.: 681

Don't know whether i m supposed to laugh or to cry on reading this.

- Ankur

http://www.rediff.com/news/2005/jul/13waqf.htm

UP Sunni Waqf claims Taj Mahal

July 13, 2005 13:09 IST
Last Updated: July 13, 2005 16:55 IST

The Uttar Pradesh Sunni Central Waqf Board on Tuesday declared that the Taj Mahal was a Waqf property and directed that the 17th Century monument be registered in its name.

The chairman of the UP Sunni Central Waqf Board Hafiz Usman made the declaration in a packed UP Sunni Waqf Board in Lucknow on Wednesday.

Describing the Waqf Board decision as "not in the interest of Taj Mahal," a representative of the Archaeological Survey of India, who attended the hearing, said it would challenge it in the court of law.

The board was hearing the matter on the direction of Allahabad high court on a petition filed by one Mohammad Irfan Bedar contending that the Taj was a Waqf property and he ought to be declared its caretaker.

It had deferred pronouncement of its judgment on June 25 saying the board was still collecting evidence and considering legal points pertaining to the world heritage monument.

The board was in the process of gathering manuscripts, archaeological and other related documents to arrive at a "proper conclusion," Hafiz Usman had said while deferring decision in the matter.

The ASI had vehemently opposed registration of the Taj Mahal as a Waqf property in its presentation to the board. The Shia Community had also filed an application with the board seeking to be impleaded in the matter but the board had rejected it.

+Quote Post
catch22
post Jul 16 2005, 09:05 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1172

The 'TAJ' is a national heritage monument, belonging to no personal or religious body, group, trust or whatever. Eventhough the Wakf is under the direct control of the state government, in the best interests of the 'TAJ' it is better if control rests with the ASI.

"The moment we want to believe something, we suddenly see all the arguments for it, and become blind to the arguments against it."
"Reading made Don Quixote a gentleman, but believing what he read made him mad. "
"You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race. "
George Bernard Shaw
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:31 PM