Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Can U Identify The Song In Telugu Version

, Pls upload Audio / Video

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Can U Identify The Song In Telugu Version, Pls upload Audio / Video
sbiswas2005
post Dec 6 2007, 10:58 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5023

Hi friends,

Can anybody identify the following song in Bengali by Hemant Kumar from the film Shaapmochan? This has a Telugu version also...most probably by Ghantashala Garu..I want that Video / Audio.. sad.gif Today I heard this on one of the FM stations..

For your ready reference here I am uploading the Bengali version of that song...

Boshe Aachhi Patho Cheye - Shaapmochan

Singer: Hemant Kumar
Lyric: Gauriprasanna Majumder
Bitrate: 128 kbps
Duration: 3:24

Waiting for your reply....Where is Simpleji...camera.gif

Subir

"Us din khuda ne bhi jashn manaya hoga, jis din foorsat se tumko banaya hoga
Aakhon se uske bhi nikle honge aansu, jab tumko yahan bhejke khud ko akela paya hoga"
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Dec 6 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

Subir Ji..the song is a wonderful immortal song in Telugu. It is picturised on ANR and Savitri and Jaggaiah. The meaning itself so sublime that it will live as long telugu language as exists. Goes like this.." If i can find some one who can take me as it is, and will weep for me and live with me in happyness and sadness...then that is the eternal fortune and a heaven indeed" . Where love is concerned, this one scores FIRST. I am uploading the audio as well as the video versions.
Another distinction of this song is the wonderful sitar composition which was done by Pandit Ravishankar. The most and memorable music ever.
What i would like to know is..Is the bengali one came first? I am sure that it will be the first.. but the telugu film is based on a telugu novel. So did the bengali version has telugu story? it will be interesting to know..
I am glad that you are here to guide me through these treasures..Thankyou. smile.gif

Attached Image Attached Image

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
sbiswas2005
post Dec 6 2007, 01:27 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thank u....Thank u....Thank u....Thank u....Thank u....Thank u....

clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif

Excellent upload and its clarification Simpleji...it's simpleeeee supeeerb. biggrin.gif

Now I will give you some information to enlighten this topic (so far I know..)

Shaapmochan [1955]

Directed by: Sudhir Mukherjee

Starring: Uttam Kumar, Suchitra Sen, Jiben Bose, Tulsi Chakraborty, Nitish, Pahari Sanyal, Kamal Mitra etc.

Story: The story is based on a family which was cursed by a music guru once upon a time as the guru was insulted in a 'bhari mehfil' by one of the forefathers of this family. It was an incident of a few generations back. After that whenever anybody wanted to devote himself in music, he was completely ruined in this family. Uttam Kumar was a member of this family. His elder brother was Pahadi Sanyal. He was completely blind as he practiced music for a short period. So he did not let Uttam Kumar sing at any cost. One day he came to Calcutta and started musical career with the help and inspiration of a rich lady Suchitra Sen. Suchitra Sen was the only daughter of his father's bosom friend Kamal Mitra. But within a short period Uttam became seriously ill and came back to his own native place. Suchitra was aware of that curse on the family. At last Suchitra came to know that Uttam was in his native place and seriously ill. She went there and thought that all these mishap may be for the cursed "Tanpura" which they used to worship. She broke that tanpura and saved the family.

I think Dr. Chakravarthy was released in 1964. Now you may compare with these two movies in respect of story and song..biggrin.gif

Thank you vey much again..

Subir

Aakhon se uske bhi nikle honge aansu, jab tumko yahan bhejke khud ko akela paya hoga"
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Dec 6 2007, 01:53 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Subir ji...it is my pleasure. smile.gif

Now, the telugu story is completely different. A.N.R. is a reputed doctor Chakravarthy. His bosom friend is Jaggaiah who is married to Savitri. ANR is married to Showkar janaki , a very jealous woman. So he has a very unhappy marriage. He loves his sister Geetanjali dearly , but she dies in childbirth. So he finds his sister in Savitri and tries to get intimate with her as a brother. When she comes to realize the noble intentions of ANR, she does acquiesces. Even jaggaiah appreciates that. But at one point, Jaggaiah becomes suspicious of their relationship and goes away from home, becomes a drunkard etc. Till the ending makes him realize his folly and a happy climax results. It was picturised basing on a telugu novel, Chakrabhramanam ( the rotating wheel ) of Madireddy Sulochana. smile.gif
So, obviously, Telugu songs are totally based on Bengali ones. clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif

The Bengali film's story is enchanting to say the least..I would love to get a copy of it. Or atleast the song part, as to how it was picturised.. smile.gif

The way we are going Subir Bhai..we can start a thread named..Bengali telugu Bhai bhai.. laugh.gif

If anyones wants the audio...here is the file :

Manasu na manasai...
Film Dr. Chakravarthy
Music S.Rajeswara Rao
mp3, 128 kbps
duration 4.10 min.

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
sbiswas2005
post Dec 6 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Wow....the great story...Nice to know it... biggrin.gif

This song is based on the raaga "Jay Jayanti" and the Sitar parts are superb. Whenever I hear some good melody in Telugu...often find some similarity with Bengali songs. Na Hridayamlo and Manasu Na Manasai are the great example of that...is it called coinsidence?? wink2.gif

The picturisation was:

When Uttam Kumar came to Calcutta for job, he used to stay in a bachelors' Hostel. One day at night at the top of the roof Uttam Kumar was singing this melodious song while everybody was listening mesmorisingly.

The meaning of the song is:

I am eagerly waiting for her singing the song of Spring,
I am trying to forget her...but my mind doesn't give its consent..

I will try to upload the Bengali video portion in good quality for you if I find somewhere.. in the mean time you can watch this video song uploaded by Catcherblock in youtube.

Subir

+Quote Post
venkat
post Dec 6 2007, 05:29 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6841

QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Dec 6 2007, 10:58 AM) *

Hi friends,

Can anybody identify the following song in Bengali by Hemant Kumar from the film Shaapmochan? This has a Telugu version also...most probably by Ghantashala Garu..I want that Video / Audio.. sad.gif Today I heard this on one of the FM stations..

For your ready reference here I am uploading the Bengali version of that song...

Boshe Aachhi Patho Cheye - Shaapmochan

Singer: Hemant Kumar
Lyric: Gauriprasanna Majumder
Bitrate: 128 kbps
Duration: 3:24

Waiting for your reply....Where is Simpleji...camera.gif

Subir

Subir Ji,

Many thanks indeed for this expose! Seriously, the great Telugu MD, S.Rajeswara Rao, stands exposed in my eyes! His Telugu song, "Manasu Na Manasai" from Dr. Chakravarty is less of a masterpiece to me now. I am a keen and avid watcher of things of this nature, but even I did not know that there is a Bengali original for that Telugu song. It appears that even the great SPB is not aware of this as he never mentioned it while commenting on this Telugu song. He usually does not mince his words and gives out details of such copyings/ imitations openly.

There is another very nice Telugu song, "Penu Cheekataaye Lokam, Chelarege Naa Lo Sokam", from Film:Mangalya Balam (ANR, Savitri, once again, but MD is Master Venu, an old assistant of Naushad!), which is copied from Bengali. I even heard that Bengali song a couple of times, but do not know its details.

Maybe, Simplefable could do the needful by uploading this Telugu song from Mangalya Balam sung by P.Suseela and Ghantasala. I am sure I would then promptly get your upload of the Bengali original!

However, it may not be correct to say "Whenever I hear a nice Telugu song, I find a Bengali original". There are indeed innumerable, great Telugu songs, not copied from anywhere. But, I certainly appreciate this valuable truth about this 'great' Manasu Na Manasai song.

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

Mohammed Rafi: Highest Quantity Of Greatest Quality In Mind-boggling Variety!!!
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Dec 6 2007, 05:36 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thankyou Subeer ji..for this lovely video. It is always interesting to make comparisions and find alternatives. smile.gif
In my childhood, in doordarshan, every sunday, there used to be a film from regional languages of India. Then, we used to watch every one and enjoy them too. Now, inspite of Dish TV, we neither have the time or inclination to search for these gems. But there is time for everything, i suppose . all in good time. smile.gif
Please do keep your ears trained for others gems for me.. smile.gif

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Dec 6 2007, 05:48 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(venkat @ Dec 6 2007, 05:29 PM) *

Subir Ji,

Many thanks indeed for this expose! Seriously, the great Telugu MD, S.Rajeswara Rao, stands exposed in my eyes! His Telugu song, "Manasu Na Manasai" from Dr. Chakravarty is less of a masterpiece to me now. I am a keen and avid watcher of things of this nature, but even I did not know that there is a Bengali original for that Telugu song. It appears that even the great SPB is not aware of this as he never mentioned it while commenting on this Telugu song. He usually does not mince his words and gives out details of such copyings/ imitations openly.

There is another very nice Telugu song, "Penu Cheekataaye Lokam, Chelarege Naa Lo Sokam", from Film:Mangalya Balam (ANR, Savitri, once again, but MD is Master Venu, an old assistant of Naushad!), which is copied from Bengali. I even heard that Bengali song a couple of times, but do not know its details.

Maybe, Simplefable could do the needful by uploading this Telugu song from Mangalya Balam sung by P.Suseela. I am sure I would then promptly get your upload of the Bengali original!

However, it may not be correct to say "Whenever I hear a nice Telugu song, I find a Bengali original". There are indeed innumerable, great Telugu songs, not copied from anywhere. But, I certainly appreciate this valuable truth about this 'great' Manasu Na Manasai song.

Venkat

Venkat Garu...
We will never know what conspired between those times..between Hemant kumar and S.Rajeswara Rao. I am sure they know each other. Unfortuntely we may never find any truth about this composition. But given the circumstances, i still respect the Telugu song for two reasons..
First is the use of pandit ravi shankar...It is absolutely marvelous to get him all the way from Calcutta to play for this song. and being a bengali , am convinced that Ravi shankar might have even heard this song ..in Bengali.. smile.gif And come to think of it, Even Subir ji agrees that the telugu rendition is marvelous .. smile.gif
Second...the sublime lyrics make this song all the more endearing. and Ghantasala ....is Ghantasala. Would any man who can understand telugu would fail to have his eyes go misty over this song? i wonder....

I once saw Salil Da on TV, in live interview saying that he took the tune of Chaaya song...Itna na mujhe se pyar badha..from Mozart's symphony.. and i heard Ravi say in another interview that he took the lok sangeet for the chorus..in Tum agar sath dene ka wada karo....They had this urge to make good music reach a common man. That is always an endearing quality. Just see around us today...do we find any original composer at all? smile.gif
It is so nice to have you here..i was going to call you anyway...YOUR visit is a must for a deep analysis. bow.gif

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Dec 6 2007, 06:00 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Subir Ji...here is the job for you again.. smile.gif

We would love to hear your analysis from this timeless gem . We would also like to hear the Bengali number for this too... smile.gif

Penu cheekataye lokam
Film Mangalya Balam
Music Master Venu
mp3, 128 kbps
duration 3.04 min

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
venkat
post Dec 6 2007, 06:25 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(simplefable @ Dec 6 2007, 05:48 PM) *

QUOTE(venkat @ Dec 6 2007, 05:29 PM) *

Subir Ji,

Maybe, Simplefable could do the needful by uploading this Telugu song from Mangalya Balam sung by P.Suseela. I am sure I would then promptly get your upload of the Bengali original!

Venkat

Venkat Garu...
We will never know what conspired between those times..between Hemant kumar and S.Rajeswara Rao. I am sure they know each other. Unfortuntely we may never find any truth about this composition. But given the circumstances, i still respect the Telugu song for two reasons..
First is the use of pandit ravi shankar...It is absolutely marvelous to get him all the way from Calcutta to play for this song. and being a bengali , am convinced that Ravi shankar might have even heard this song ..in Bengali.. smile.gif And come to think of it, Even Subir ji agrees that the telugu rendition is marvelous .. smile.gif
Second...the sublime lyrics make this song all the more endearing. and Ghantasala ....is Ghantasala. Would any man who can understand telugu would fail to have his eyes go misty over this song? i wonder....

I once saw Salil Da on TV, in live interview saying that he took the tune of Chaaya song...Itna na mujhe se pyar badha..from Mozart's symphony.. and i heard Ravi say in another interview that he took the lok sangeet for the chorus..in Tum agar sath dene ka wada karo....They had this urge to make good music reach a common man. That is always an endearing quality. Just see around us today...do we find any original composer at all? smile.gif
It is so nice to have you here..i was going to call you anyway...YOUR visit is a must for a deep analysis. bow.gif

SF, I am not against great MDs taking 'inspiration' (polite expression for 'copying') from other great MDs, as long as they allow that fact to be known and do not quietly gobble up all the credits, praises, awards and rewards. Your other examples of Salil, etc. have become common knowledge fairly quickly. But, this particular case remained unknown (at least for me) till now.

One more thing. Ghantasala himself, as MD, had copied innumerable Hindi songs for his Telugu tunes. So did a few other Telugu MDs such as Master Venu, T.V.Raju, etc. But, one does not associate S.Rajeswara Rao with such things! His standing as a MD is supposed to be impeccable! That is precisely why I reacted that way. See, in this Manasu Na Manasai, the Mukhda (pallavi) is an exact replica of that of the Bengali song. NO doubt, there is some (negligible!) variation in the Antara(charanam). But, on the whole, it is clear that he very consciously copied that Hemant Kumar song.

In any case, interesting topic and discussion!

Venkat

I have changed many views in life since my childhood, but not my view of Rafi Saab as the God-sent Gandharva who visited this Earth briefly to spread ultimate ecstasy among genuine music-lovers!

+Quote Post
sbiswas2005
post Dec 7 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Sorry friends for replying late...I have some urgent works and all... sad.gif

Yes...I heard it and here are the details....This is a total replica of a very famous song from the evergreen movie "Agni Pariksha". I think I need not to say the meaning of the name...biggrin.gif

Film: Agni Pariksha [1954]
Director: Agradoot
Starring: Uttam Kumar, Suchitra Sen, Kamal Mitra, Chandravati and many more..
Music: Anupam Ghatak
Singer: Sandhya Mukherjee

You can watch here....

Subir

+Quote Post
simplefable
post Dec 7 2007, 05:33 PM
Post #12

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

clap1.gif clap1.gif clap1.gif

Thanks for the information and the song Subir Ji...and Venkat ji smile.gif
As i said before goodness is to be emulated and copied down the centuries to be relished by next generations. So what ever the intentions or stories behind these gems, let us cherish these greats..who gave these beautiful songs to us.
Subir ji..we look forward to more of such information here...Ofcourse Venkat ji will be there in the wings to guide us . smile.gif

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
venkat
post Dec 7 2007, 05:39 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sbiswas2005 @ Dec 7 2007, 04:30 PM) *

Sorry friends for replying late...I have some urgent works and all... sad.gif

Yes...I heard it and here are the details....This is a total replica of a very famous song from the evergreen movie "Agni Pariksha". I think I need not to say the meaning of the name...biggrin.gif

Film: Agni Pariksha [1954]
Director: Agradoot
Starring: Uttam Kumar, Suchitra Sen, Kamal Mitra, Chandravati and many more..
Music: Anupam Ghatak
Singer: Sandhya Mukherjee

You can watch here....

Subir

Subir Ji,

Can you upload the audio version of this Sandhya Mukherjea song? Thanks.

Venkat

+Quote Post
simplefable
post Dec 7 2007, 06:31 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Venkat Ji...here is the song. I snipped from esnips. smile.gif

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Dec 7 2007, 08:23 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Here is the video of the beautiful albeit borrowed song..The sublime beauty of Savitri just steals the show. smile.gif

Penu cheekataaye lokam ( the world has turned dark )
Mangalya balam
Master Venu
framerate 659 kbps
resolution 400 X 304

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:33 PM