A FEW LESSER KNOWN FACTS ABOUT THE
. What was approx time on 4 Aug 1929 when Kishore was born?
. How much was Kishoreda’s dad’s salary in those days when he was a kid?
Ans.: Rs 30/- p.m.
. What were the real names of Ashok Kumar & Anup Kumar?
Ans.: Kumud & Kusum respectively.
. What was the name of Kishoreda’s primary school & its Headmaster?
Ans.: Double Phatak Hindi Medium; Pandit Makhanlal Chaturvedi
. What was the name of his high school?
Ans.: New High School, Khandwa
. In which subject was he most weak?
. What was the name of his college?
Ans.: Christian College, Indore
. What are the age differences between KK & Ashok Kumar, KK & SatiDevi, KK & Anup Kumar?
Ans.: 19yrs, 15yrs and 5 yrs respectively
. First film as Actor?
Ans.: 'Shikari' (1946) - Guest App.
. First and last film as Music Director?
Ans.: 'Jhumroo' and 'Mamta Ki Chhaon Mein' respectively
. First and last film as Producer?
Ans.: 'Luko Churi' (Bengali) and 'Mamata Ki Chhaon Mein' respectively
. First and last film as Director?
Ans.: 'Door Gagan Ki Chhaon Mein' and 'Door Waadiyon Mein Kahin' resp'ly
. His first duet with Asha?
Ans.: Aati Hai Yaad Humko ('Muqaddar' – 1950)
. How many times has HE won the Lions Club Award for singing?
Ans.: 15 (14 in Bombay, 1 in Delhi )
. For how many songs was HE nominated for the Best Singer in the Filmfare awards?
. Apart from singing and poetry what was his other artistic pastime?
. Why did the songs from Door Ka Raahi have that extra sadness which moves the ground beneath a die-hard KK-Fan?
Ans.: They were recorded exactly after 4 days from Madhubala’s death
. Who performed the role of Kishoreda’s father during his marriage with Yogita Bali?
Ans.: Mehmood (Shammi Kapoor perfomed the role of Yogita’s father)
21. What was the funny name under which Kishoreda used to write his poetry?
Ans.: Kavi Kisordas
22. How much money was he paid for each song at the time of Aradhana and how much was he paid in the late 70’s when he was at the top position?
Ans.: Rs. 500/- and Rs. 30,000/- respectively
23. Which one particular film made Kishore Kumar so rich that he made a bungalow in Juhu in the 50’s?
Ans.: Luko Churi
24. Which was his favourite movie hall, where he & Ruma Ghosh (his first wife) visited quite often to watch English movies?
Ans.: Lido (Santacruz – West)
25. In which year was Kishoreda married to Ruma Ghosh?
26. Name the Satyajit Ray film that was partly financed by Kishore Kumar?
Ans.: Pather Panchali
27. What model and year-of-make was the car that was used in Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi and who did it belong to?
Ans.: 1928 Ford – His father
28. What pets did Kishoreda have in his house and how many of them were there in all?
Ans.: Cats and Dogs – Total of 50
29. Apart from the house in Juhu, where else did Kishore purchase flats/houses?
Ans.: A flat in Warden Road, Bombay and a Villa in Madras.
30. What was the name of his Villa in Madras?
Ans.: 'Tiruman Mayur'
31. Name the Kishore Kumar song of the 50’s due to which there was a serious shortage of coins in the market, to listen to the Jukeboxes.
Ans.: 'Maana Janaab Ne Pukaara Nahin'
32. What is the significance of the evergreen song 'Yeh Jeevan Hai' (from 'Piya Ka Ghar') with respect to his singing power?
Ans.: He received the lyrics and the tune of the song 15 minutes before the final recording. So, there was absolutely no rehearsal (unbelievable)
33. In which year and where did Kishoreda perform his first stage show?
Ans.: In 1968 at Rabindra Sarobar, Calcutta
34. Apart from 'Kishore Kumar Khandwewala', by what other name did he call himself in his stage shows?
Ans.: Kishorilal Khatmandu
35. Which electronic gadget did Kishoreda fit in his house (he was the first person in the industry to do so)?
36. Which is the other song, apart from the famous 'Aake Seedhi Lagi' (from 'Half Ticket'), in which Kishoreda sang in a female voice and what is the name of the film?
Ans.: 'Baiyyan Chhodo Balam Ghar' (Rangili – 1952)
37. Which spiritual leader's books did Kishore Kumar read avidly?
Ans.: Swami Vivekananda
38. Name the last film in which Kishore Kumar sang for Rajesh Khanna.
Ans.: Mamta Ki Chhaon Mein
39. Name the song in which Kishoreda had given voice to the maximum artists on screen.
Ans.: 'Haalchaal Theek Thaak Hai' (from 'Mere Apne'). He gave voice to 6 actors in this song.
40. What astonishing fact did he find out in a graveyard near his house at Juhu Beach?
Ans.: There was a priest’s grave and his death date & time was 4th Aug 1929 @ 16:00 (exactly the time of his birth). Thus Kishoreda wondered what could be the connection, given the fact that in his childhood he used to go near a cemetery in Khandwa and sit there for hours (in spite of getting severe scoldings from his father because of that)
Okay guys.. there are MORE to come; AUR BHI HAI; AARO AACHHE. But once again, that would depend on the response, you see.
Powered by Invision Community Blog (http://www.invisionblog.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)