Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ghosts, Hauntings And Manifestations....???

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ghosts, Hauntings And Manifestations....???
noorie
post Apr 17 2007, 10:49 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 6518

Reeth, that was a wonderful story.

I feel awfully sorry 4 that girl. She was no 'bhoot'.

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
balajigade
post Apr 17 2007, 11:33 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4122

A very interesting and totally different thread. Let me add a scientific (engineering) dimension to the occult world.

We are generally confused with these questions :
--some people say that they have seen the ghost at least once. Then why they (ghosts) are not seen always?
--it is said that they cannot be touched but some reportedly felt them and had love affairs also ! How?

Following is the explanation :

--Every solid body has 3 dimensions as we perceive it. Our body too has 3 dimensions and we human beings have the knowledge of, and can see only 3 dimensions. Imagine an ant walking on the flat surface of a table. Practically it can see only two dimensions, the length and breadth of the table. Though it can actually see the third dimension which is upwards, just assume it can't. The human is superior to the ant with the reason that he can see 3 dimensions where as the latter can see only two. Now the human can place himself in such a position, say over the head of the ant, so that the ant cannot see him. If he wishes he can stand in front of it along the dimensions of which it has the knowledge, so that the ant can see him.

--The shadows cannot be touched.

--Every object has a shadow which has one dimension less than the object itself. For example we have 3 dimensions, so our shadow has only 2 (=3-1) dimensions. Agree?

--Now coming to the ghost it has n dimensions and therefore it has the knowledge of n dimensions. Its shadow, by the above theory has n-1 dimensions. ( n is a finite no. and more than 3)

--If the ghost (superior to human as it has the knowledge of more dimensions) wishes that it should be seen by the human it appears before him in its natural form with n dimensions. But since we know only 3 dimensions what we see is only 3 of them. It can be touched, felt and looks like a human being only.

--The ghost can also make its shadow fall in front of the human if it 'thinks' so. In this case the shadow has n-1 dimensions, but we still see 3 dimensions (since n>3, and our knowledge is limited to 3). In this case it will have the same appearance as in the previous case but it cannot touched, since it is a shadow only.

--The ghost can also keep itself invisible by placing itself in the areas of the dimensions of which we have no knowledge ( like the ant vrs human). And that's why we cannot always see it.

To sum up, the ghost as per its wish can remain invisible, can stand in its normal form (touchable) or make its shadow fall in front of the human beings (not touchable) while keeping itself invisible.

Hope this makes an interesting reading. Next, my experience with...

--Balaji
+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 17 2007, 11:34 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 16 2007, 09:16 PM) *

QUOTE(HumTum @ Apr 15 2007, 10:05 PM) *

Nasirbhai please go ahead with your narration. Looking forward to it. biggrin.gif

hmmm.
This one relates to the year 1964 or 1965. I had been invited by my Christian riend who had house in GOA - Goa Velha to be specific. The Porrtugues had actually left the scene and Goa reemerged as a Virgin, meaning that there were no outsiders there at that time. It was so calm and quiet those days. And there was no electricity too. Even for functions like weddings people used the Petromax Lamps.

Now, my christian friend invited me to a wedding which was in a nearby hamlet. I was overjoyed since it was a little boring during the day when I found no activity. There was a motley crowd of young and old, teenaged boys and girls. A Music Band was in attendance. First, as was usual with a Goan wedding, people picked up their partners for the wedding march. I picked up a beautiful teenage girl as my partner. After the march, we went on dancing right upto 2 a.m. Thereafter I got bored since I was a total stranger there and found no one to talk to. The girl wouidn't understand English while my Konkani that I had picked up was heavily accented. My friend was too busy to notice my plight. At the same time I did not want to stop him from having fun. Anyway..

At about 2 a.m. I left the Wedding function all by myself. There were two ways to reach my friend's house: One was the way through which we had come - and that was pretty dark since we had jump fences and through the rows of houses. I chose the long path that went by a church. This was small road that was also tarred. The road was visible since it was lighted by the moon that was shining in its regal splendour.
Not a soul was in sight. Occasional owls did the rounds while in the fields rodents and small animals made noises. I began humming a tune to camouflage my fright.

With brisk paces I started and went by the church till I reached a spot where began the fields. I stepped into the fields with a heavy heart and made straight for the house. I had walked for about ten minutes or so when I came across three small tamarind trees that stood confronting me in a row. Then, at that time, I saw someone sitting on the tree top flanked by two other tamarind trees. My heart skipped a beat. I immediately looked down, pretending not to have seen anything or anyone. I increased my speed, came to the house, and quietly went to bed. The sole occupant of the house, my friend's mom, lay quietly sleeping.

It was only later in the day that I blurted my woes to the family and friends. That too, upon their inquiry as to how I had made my way back. I told them it was by the road that skirted the church. Then they admonished me saying that I should have avoided that road since it was the most dangerous or haunted - what with the cemetary on the way. Then I told them about the apparition I had seen on the tamarind tree.
They were taken aback. My friend revealed that some years ago his father had fallen down the tamarind tree and it was his ghost that I had seen. Thereafter I avowed not to use that way again as long as I stayed in Goa Velha.

That was my experience of a ghost excl.gif

NASIR.

Oooh, the suspense was really killing me. tongue1.gif

Nasir, did you get a real good look at the thing / person you saw on top of that tamarind tree?

Cud you describe it please?

Noorie

IPB Image

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"

"You have enemies? Good! It means that you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 18 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6151

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 17 2007, 10:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 17 2007, 02:29 PM) *

Nasirbhai please go ahead with your narration. Looking forward to it. biggrin.gif

hmmm.
This one relates to the year 1964 or 1965. I had been invited by my Christian riend who had house in GOA - Goa Velha to be specific. The Porrtugues had actually left the scene and Goa reemerged as a Virgin, meaning that there were no outsiders there at that time. It was so calm and quiet those days. And there was no electricity too. Even for functions like weddings people used the Petromax Lamps.

Now, my christian friend invited me to a wedding which was in a nearby hamlet. I was overjoyed since it was a little boring during the day when I found no activity. There was a motley crowd of young and old, teenaged boys and girls. A Music Band was in attendance. First, as was usual with a Goan wedding, people picked up their partners for the wedding march. I picked up a beautiful teenage girl as my partner. After the march, we went on dancing right upto 2 a.m. Thereafter I got bored since I was a total stranger there and found no one to talk to. The girl wouidn't understand English while my Konkani that I had picked up was heavily accented. My friend was too busy to notice my plight. At the same time I did not want to stop him from having fun. Anyway..

At about 2 a.m. I left the Wedding function all by myself. There were two ways to reach my friend's house: One was the way through which we had come - and that was pretty dark since we had jump fences and through the rows of houses. I chose the long path that went by a church. This was small road that was also tarred. The road was visible since it was lighted by the moon that was shining in its regal splendour.
Not a soul was in sight. Occasional owls did the rounds while in the fields rodents and small animals made noises. I began humming a tune to camouflage my fright.

With brisk paces I started and went by the church till I reached a spot where began the fields. I stepped into the fields with a heavy heart and made straight for the house. I had walked for about ten minutes or so when I came across three small tamarind trees that stood confronting me in a row. Then, at that time, I saw someone sitting on the tree top flanked by two other tamarind trees. My heart skipped a beat. I immediately looked down, pretending not to have seen anything or anyone. I increased my speed, came to the house, and quietly went to bed. The sole occupant of the house, my friend's mom, lay quietly sleeping.

It was only later in the day that I blurted my woes to the family and friends. That too, upon their inquiry as to how I had made my way back. I told them it was by the road that skirted the church. Then they admonished me saying that I should have avoided that road since it was the most dangerous or haunted - what with the cemetary on the way. Then I told them about the apparition I had seen on the tamarind tree.
They were taken aback. My friend revealed that some years ago his father had fallen down the tamarind tree and it was his ghost that I had seen. Thereafter I avowed not to use that way again as long as I stayed in Goa Velha.

NASIR.

Interesting.......no other experiences?? dont know what attraction a Tamarind tree holds for them souls.....because the incident i am going to narrate is also centred around a tamarind tree....

Yes, I've another tale to relate but this is more to do with sounds than with imagery. Please give me a day.
Regarding the trees, it appears that Tamarind and the Peepal trees are the hot spots for ghosts. It also appears that the big oak trees are the haunt of good, pious souls. One reason I see for the ghosts to haunt the tamarind trees is that tamarinds are usually sought after by young boys who often climb the tree go get some fruits. So they fall an easy prey too to the inhabitant of the tree.

NASIR.

will wait for your narrative nasir... smile.gif

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 17 2007, 10:49 PM) *

Reeth, that was a wonderful story.

I feel awfully sorry 4 that girl. She was no 'bhoot'.

Noorie

That's right noorie.........i too feel very sorry for her.. sad.gif

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives
by altering their attitudes of mind

-William James
+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 18 2007, 03:06 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(balajigade @ Apr 17 2007, 11:33 PM) *

A very interesting and totally different thread. Let me add a scientific (engineering) dimension to the occult world.

--some people say that they have seen the ghost at least once. Then why they (ghosts) are not seen always?
--it is said that they cannot be touched but some reportedly felt them and had love affairs also ! How?

--Every solid body has 3 dimensions as we perceive it. Our body too has 3 dimensions and we human beings have the knowledge of, and can see only 3 dimensions. Imagine an ant walking on the flat surface of a table. Practically it can see only two dimensions, the length and breadth of the table. Though it can actually see the third dimension which is upwards, just assume it can't. The human is superior to the ant with the reason that he can see 3 dimensions where as the latter can see only two. Now the human can place himself in such a position, say over the head of the ant, so that the ant cannot see him. If he wishes he can stand in front of it along the dimensions of which it has the knowledge, so that the ant can see him.

--Every object has a shadow which has one dimension less than the object itself. For example we have 3 dimensions, so our shadow has only 2 (=3-1) dimensions. Agree?

--Now coming to the ghost it has [b]n
dimensions and therefore it has the knowledge of n dimensions. Its shadow, by the above theory has n-1 dimensions. ( n is a finite no. and more than 3)

--If the ghost (superior to human as it has the knowledge of more dimensions) wishes that it should be seen by the human it appears before him in its natural form with [b]n
dimensions. But since we know only 3 dimensions what we see is only 3 of them. It can be touched, felt and looks like a human being only.

--The ghost can also make its shadow fall in front of the human if it 'thinks' so. In this case the shadow has n-1 dimensions, but we still see 3 dimensions (since n>3, and our knowledge is limited to 3). In this case it will have the same appearance as in the previous case but it cannot touched, since it is a shadow only.[/b]--The ghost can also keep itself invisible by placing itself in the areas of the dimensions of which we have no knowledge ( like the ant vrs human). And that's why we cannot always see it.[/b]To sum up, the ghost as per its wish can remain invisible, can stand in its normal form (touchable) or make its shadow fall in front of the human beings (not touchable) while keeping itself invisible.

--Balaji

Has this been proven? it makes very interesting reading thank you smile.gif .....plz do share your experience with us Balaji

The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives

-William James
+Quote Post
nasir
post Apr 18 2007, 11:30 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5763

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 17 2007, 11:34 PM) *

hmmm.

NASIR.

Nasir, did you get a real good look at the thing / person you saw on top of that tamarind tree?

Noorie

"Real good Look?" Are you kidding? smile.gif
I only know that he was looking at me, and I'm sure he must be knowing that I was a guest of his son to whose house I was heading. I wanted to get away as soon as possible. This is because I had heard that some ghosts who occupy trees they just lengthen their legs from the tree top to the ground. I wanted to escape this horror fastest.
Besides, I wasn't so courageous as to stand there and gape at him. Who knows what might have happened!
I forgot to mention the barking of a pack of dogs. Believe me, their presence rather made me feel good and their barks were music to my ears.

NASIR.

NASIR
Teri Khushi me.n Khush Tera banda khidmatgaar hai,
Banda hoo.n mai.n Tera Tuu mera Parwardigaar hai
+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 19 2007, 01:32 AM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(nasir @ Apr 18 2007, 11:30 PM) *

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 17 2007, 11:34 PM) *

hmmm.

NASIR.

Noorie

"Real good Look?" Are you kidding? smile.gif
I only know that he was looking at me, and I'm sure he must be knowing that I was a guest of his son to whose house I was heading. I wanted to get away as soon as possible. This is because I had heard that some ghosts who occupy trees they just lengthen their legs from the tree top to the ground. I wanted to escape this horror fastest.
Besides, I wasn't so courageous as to stand there and gape at him. Who knows what might have happened!
I forgot to mention the barking of a pack of dogs. Believe me, their presence rather made me feel good and their barks were music to my ears.
NASIR.

Does that mean you actually believe in the existence of ghosts?

Whatever they are, surely they can't be as bad as living humans?

Perhaps those dogs were in hot pursuit of you and not the 'bhoot' up on the treetop! biggrin.gif

Noorie

IPB Image

+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 19 2007, 01:40 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 18 2007, 03:06 PM) *

dimensions and therefore it has the knowledge of n dimensions. Its shadow, by the above theory has n-1 dimensions. ( n is a finite no. and more than 3)

--If the ghost (superior to human as it has the knowledge of more dimensions) wishes that it should be seen by the human it appears before him in its natural form with [b]n
dimensions. But since we know only 3 dimensions what we see is only 3 of them. It can be touched, felt and looks like a human being only.

--The ghost can also make its shadow fall in front of the human if it 'thinks' so. In this case the shadow has n-1 dimensions, but we still see 3 dimensions (since n>3, and our knowledge is limited to 3). In this case it will have the same appearance as in the previous case but it cannot touched, since it is a shadow only.[/b]--The ghost can also keep itself invisible by placing itself in the areas of the dimensions of which we have no knowledge ( like the ant vrs human). And that's why we cannot always see it.[/b]To sum up, the ghost as per its wish can remain invisible, can stand in its normal form (touchable) or make its shadow fall in front of the human beings (not touchable) while keeping itself invisible.

--Balaji

Has this been proven? it makes very interesting reading thank you smile.gif .....plz do share your experience with us Balaji

Why does the scientific world wish 2 prove that the so-called 'paranormal' activities can be rationally explained ?
Haven't they tried that many a time and failed!

Noorie

IPB Image

+Quote Post
balajigade
post Apr 19 2007, 11:43 AM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Well, this is what I read casually in a bookstall in the Fountain area at Bombay from a book featuring ‘Science & Superstition’ long back while waiting for my next train. The writeup is a hypothesis giving a scientific explanation of the dark side of the world in a more convincing way. We attach a no. of theories like gratification of unfulfilled desires, vengeance etc. attributing to the appearance of the ghosts. But why are innocent people who do not have any connection with the particular deceased person are haunted? Perhaps for the sake of fun?

During my school days I stayed in a couple of haunted houses in the small towns of Orissa. My father was a very brave person who did not believe in all these superstitions and so was my mother. I still remember our stay when I was at school in my 8th std. in a house-- a very nice and spacious one, abandoned for nearly 12 years in the outskirts of a place known as Jajpur, about 60kms north of Cuttack. It was said that the house owner, a clerk in the PWD found a pot of gold coins buried under the earth while excavating for the foundations of the house. Despite 'warnings' given to him in his dreams he invested the treasure in his business, in which he flourished, but lost his wife and all his 4 children within a short span of time. He left the house but his tenants used to face the music more particularly on amavasya and poornima nights. We were told that a dog would start barking relentlessly in the midnight outside the house indicating the arrival of the 'boss'. (It is said that the dogs and the owls have the sixth sense to see the spirits). Initially, my father never let me know the antecedents of the house as I was a very timid person those days, but I came to know everything slowly from the dhobi, the milk vendor and of course, my class mates. There were reportedly 4 tenants before we lived in that house and every family had lost a person during their stay due to some unknown illness. We too heard the dog barks very frequently followed by the rattling of dried leaves on the ground and sudden chirping and flapping of the wings of the birds on the neem tree on the other side of the road. My father used to come out to see if he could see something but he never did. After living there for 3 years, with nothing untoward happening I could get a lot of courage to laugh away saying that these were nothing but superstitions.

The second incident is about when I was doing my MTech at IIT Kharagpur in the year 1973 after completing the graduation at REC (now NIT) Rourkela. I was to appear in the written test at the Rourkela Steel Plant during which I stayed with one of my juniors, who hailed from my place, at the Engg. College hostel. After appearing in the test I, alongwith my old batch-mates had a nice dinner at the local restaurants and decided to go to the movie 'Bobby' for the late-night show, which was then just released in a theatre known as Konark. My friend was not with us as he was having his final exams the next day. It was about 12:30 MN when the show was over and all of my 3 friends who lived in the city left for home on bicycles which they brought leaving one for me to get back to the hostel (which was about 6 kms from the theatre). It was a sultry night in the month of May and I was riding the bicycle alone singing to the tunes of 'Bobby'. When I approached the Indira Gandhi Park, which falls on the way, there was a sudden drop of temperature and I could feel very cool breeze blowing, which could be attributed to the rich vegetation around the park. Suddenly I felt something going past my bicycle very fast and I could barely see a thing. I thought it was a dog. There was noise in the crank of the bicycle and the chain snapped. I got down, fixed the chain back and started riding. But after a few minutes the same sequence of incidents took place. I was a little worried and confused about what went wrong as the bike never gave any trouble in the evening earlier. A steel plant ambulance rushed past me from the opposite direction with siren bowing. I felt a sudden chill down my spine and smelt something fishy. I was slightly scared also, fixed the chain in position and started riding fast singing loudly to break the eerie of silence. I tried to concentrate on my right to see what is going past my cycle every time the chain is snapping. Nothing happened until I almost tumbled on a small piece of brick lying on road, which I did not notice and again, the chain snapped while the 'dog' went past my bike at a tremendous speed and I could barely see a streak and hear a hiss. I felt uneasy, stopped and looked around but couldn't see anything. I adjusted the chain and started riding again. By this time I had crossed the park area and soon found myself the near the German Club Centre where I took a right turn from the Ring Road on to the road which took me to the hostel campus, a 3 kms' ride. Surprisingly the bicycle didn't give any problem after I took off from the Ring Road.

When I reached the hostel, it was almost 1:30 in the night and my friend was already asleep. The next morning when he came to know that I had been to the movie and returned alone, he looked shocked and tried to evade further discussions. When I kept insisting he finally told me that two weeks back a young college girl was gang raped and murdered in the Indira Gandhi Park by some students and since then people passing by in the midnight were being haunted. A girl clad in white dress seemed to overtake the trespassers while floating on air around the park area and my friend was one of such victims who saw 'her'. Well, I could hardly believe all this, being a staunch believer of science and reasoning but at the same time I have no answer for all what happened to me that night. I was lucky not have known about the haunting stuff before going to the movie, as otherwise I could have had a heart attack in the first ‘encounter’ itself, despite all the courage behind me. And yes, the next afternoon on my way to the railway station by a rickshaw, I came to know that there was a fatal accident on the Ring Road on the same eventful midnight when a couple traveling in a taxi were killed instantaneously when the vehicle collided against the lamppost after losing control. This is perhaps why I saw the ambulance that night on my way back; I thought.

Most of the fairy tales and the horror stories we come across are only fictions with no scientific proof and reasoning behind them. At the same time we come across many weird incidents taking place in our life---most of the time they are exaggerated and blown out of proportions when they pass from person to person. But instead of saying science cannot explain these, can we say that the science is yet to establish the truth behind all these paranormal activities?

Thanks for the patience in reading all this.

--Balaji
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Apr 19 2007, 01:06 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1776

I am fully agree with ‘Dimension-Theory’, as per Bala JI . It shows scientific logic for science as well as evident to Yogic Science.

Swami Vivekanand Ji had reflected very genuine thoughts about ‘dimensions’. According to him there are many parallel universes exists at same place but in different dimensions without interacting with each other. Person having ‘specific power’, can travel thru these dimensions. That ‘specific power’ can be achieved thru Yogic practice. In this matter, one’s ‘will-power’ plays major role.

As far as ‘Ghost’ concerns, only their willing binds them with our dimensions, of course with some limitations. During ‘interaction’ with Ghost, lower ‘Will-Power’ has to step back, and if it (will-power) accompanied with friendly, harmless, kind nature (with deeds & thoughts) NOWHERE (in any dimension) FEAR EVER EXISTS FOR HIM/HER.

To make our nature , friendly, harmless, kind to everything with thoughts & deeds is very 1st step in Yoga. How strange !?!?!

Baba Tulsidas Ji has also accepted their(Ghosts) existence, while writing ‘Ram-charit Manas’ , in beginning he made ‘Vandana’ to everyone, for ‘Ghosts’ he had written..
‘Vandoun Bhoot-Pret-Vaitala’.

Remember 'Fear is the other name of mis-deeds' Chhor Ki Daadi Mein Tinka. No one may be crystal clear clean but we should always keep trying to be like that.

BTW..
If anyone ever comes in contact with ‘Ghost’, first be kind to him(because he is the most sufferer that’s why he is here).

USR

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post
balajigade
post Apr 19 2007, 02:45 PM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(preet @ Apr 17 2007, 08:52 AM) *

wow Nasir bhai you have got guts to go on your own at 2 am!!!! ohmy.gif

Lata!!!! love.gif you are here!!!!! trust you to appear in a ghost thread tongue1.gif
i do have some interesting stories about the planchet well planchet really proves theres something unknown to humankind in this world....!!!! but before i tell the more interesting facts i will tell you all about my first experience tongue1.gif the first time i tried planchet was a disaster!!! it was my first year in college and i stayed in a PG with 5-6 girls, one afternoon we all decided to "call the bhoot" to get some answers (basically related to our love life tongue1.gif) no one had done this before but i had seen my sisters doing it so we took a chart paper... made the planchet and sat down around it most of us were afraid to even put our fingers on the coin but someone had to do it so me and my friend kept our fingers on the coin and clumsily started calling a holy spirit passing by... for the first 10 minutes nothing happened and we decided to call it quits but even as we were thinking about it the coin grew very cold and some kind of vibration we still don’t know if it was our imagination or really the spirit was trying to come!!! me and my friend looked at each other and were so scared we let the coin go... after that we were so shocked we didnt speak just kept looking at each other was the spirit with us?? had we set it free coz we broke the connection with the coin... we were all thinking such things when there was a knock on the door... as we were gathering the courage to go and open the door we heard the loud clanging of dishes as if someone was throwing them at our door... then a loud howling from a dog or something all of us screamed and rushed out to the balcony and started shouting for our landlord...

later we came to know it was our landlord's servant who had brought in our lunch and lost control on the stairs mellow.gif

I just saw Preet's writeup on planchette while I was uploading my experience. Earlier, in May 1968 when I was doing my 1st year Engg. at Rourkela there was rumour that the final exams which were hardly a week away were being postponed. Somebody in our hostel got a bright idea and decided that he would find it out on a planchette (ouija board) along with his friends. He got a an answer that the exams would be postponed by 21 days. This started a euphoria in almost every hostel in the campus and there were a series of sessions almost in every block. I was a spectator in one of the sessions and to my surprise all answers to known questions were found correct but with some spelling mistakes. Everyone found their %age marks, class predicted. I along with two of my friends who did not believe at all in these happenings thought that the answers were being manipulated by the persons performing. We decided that we would give a try for ourselves and invited others to our room. Before starting the session we took an oath that we are not going to befool each other at least. We used a tea cup kept inverted on the floor drawing a circle around it with all English alphabet and the nos. We kept all our index fingers on the body of the cup and started concentrating on different deceased souls. Nothing happened for about 1st 15 mins and we kept on changing names. But then, the cup started vibrating in a gyrating motion at the place where it was. We started asking questions which were answered correctly, the cup was using its handle as the indicator touching the alphabets or numbers while moving. We three were staring at each other with disbelief thinking that the others are playing a mischief. Towards the end of the session the cup moved so fast that it was difficult for us to keep our fingers on it in tact. It was said that if anyone takes off his hand from the cup with the spirit inside it, he would be possessed by it. We called off the session successfully when we heard a commotion from the room in the opposite wing. We came to know that there was a session going on in another room simultaneously and one of the boys took off his hand out of excitement when he too got the same answer of 21 days of postponement of the exams. He was reportedly possessed and found struggling for breath as if someone was overpowering him and was shouting 'Leave me, leave me'. It was understood that his fellow performers apologized for his ignorance and he became normal slowly. He was totally ignorant of what happened in between.There was an end to this activity from that day onwards and the exams actually got postponed by 14 days.

Even months after the incident the above boy never disclosed what happened to him exactly. Every one out of the 3 of us still think that someone out of the other two played some mischief.

It is said that man can move an object with his concentration without touching it. Is it the resultant of the concerted effort of all the persons performing the activity? As most of us knew the answers to the questions perhaps we were, though unknowingly, guiding the cup through our will-power (let me call it so for the time being) to show the expected answers. This argument strengthens from the fact that certain questions, of which we were not sure of the answers, were replied waywardly and inconsistently

--Balaji
+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 19 2007, 05:35 PM
Post #42

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(usrafian @ Apr 19 2007, 01:06 PM) *

I am fully agree with ‘Dimension-Theory’, as per Bala JI . It shows scientific logic for science as well as evident to Yogic Science.

Swami Vivekanand Ji had reflected very genuine thoughts about ‘dimensions’. According to him there are many parallel universes exists at same place but in different dimensions without interacting with each other. Person having ‘specific power’, can travel thru these dimensions. That ‘specific power’ can be achieved thru Yogic practice. In this matter, one’s ‘will-power’ plays major role.

As far as ‘Ghost’ concerns, only their willing binds them with our dimensions, of course with some limitations. During ‘interaction’ with Ghost, lower ‘Will-Power’ has to step back, and if it (will-power) accompanied with friendly, harmless, kind nature (with deeds & thoughts) NOWHERE (in any dimension) FEAR EVER EXISTS FOR HIM/HER.

To make our nature , friendly, harmless, kind to everything with thoughts & deeds is very 1st step in Yoga. How strange !?!?!

Baba Tulsidas Ji has also accepted their(Ghosts) existence, while writing ‘Ram-charit Manas’ , in beginning he made ‘Vandana’ to everyone, for ‘Ghosts’ he had written..
‘Vandoun Bhoot-Pret-Vaitala’.

Remember 'Fear is the other name of mis-deeds' Chhor Ki Daadi Mein Tinka. No one may be crystal clear clean but we should always keep trying to be like that.

BTW..
[If anyone ever comes in contact with ‘Ghost’, first be kind to him(because he is the most sufferer that’s why he is here).

USR

I believe that.

Noorie

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 19 2007, 05:41 PM
Post #43

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(noorie @ Apr 19 2007, 01:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Reeth @ Apr 18 2007, 03:06 PM) *

--Balaji

Why does the scientific world wish 2 prove that the so-called 'paranormal' activities can be rationally explained ?
Haven't they tried that many a time and failed!

Noorie

They are doing their job.............one never knows.....sometime in the near future we may be able to strike up a contact with these forces with the help of science....

-William James
+Quote Post
noorie
post Apr 19 2007, 05:47 PM
Post #44

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(balajigade @ Apr 19 2007, 11:43 AM) *

Well, this is what I read casually in a bookstall in the Fountain area at Bombay from a book featuring ‘Science & Superstition’ long back while waiting for my next train. The writeup is a hypothesis giving a scientific explanation of the dark side of the world in a more convincing way. We attach a no. of theories like gratification of unfulfilled desires, vengeance etc. attributing to the appearance of the ghosts. But why are innocent people who do not have any connection with the particular deceased person are haunted? Perhaps for the sake of fun?

During my school days I stayed in a couple of haunted houses in the small towns of Orissa. My father was a very brave person who did not believe in all these superstitions and so was my mother. I still remember our stay when I was at school in my 8th std. in a house-- a very nice and spacious one, abandoned for nearly 12 years in the outskirts of a place known as Jajpur, about 60kms north of Cuttack. It was said that the house owner, a clerk in the PWD found a pot of gold coins buried under the earth while excavating for the foundations of the house. Despite 'warnings' given to him in his dreams he invested the treasure in his business, in which he flourished, but lost his wife and all his 4 children within a short span of time. He left the house but his tenants used to face the music more particularly on amavasya and poornima nights. We were told that a dog would start barking relentlessly in the midnight outside the house indicating the arrival of the 'boss'. (It is said that the dogs and the owls have the sixth sense to see the spirits). Initially, my father never let me know the antecedents of the house as I was a very timid person those days, but I came to know everything slowly from the dhobi, the milk vendor and of course, my class mates. There were reportedly 4 tenants before we lived in that house and every family had lost a person during their stay due to some unknown illness. We too heard the dog barks very frequently followed by the rattling of dried leaves on the ground and sudden chirping and flapping of the wings of the birds on the neem tree on the other side of the road. My father used to come out to see if he could see something but he never did. After living there for 3 years, with nothing untoward happening I could get a lot of courage to laugh away saying that these were nothing but superstitions.

--Balaji

There's a thing called 'wahem', most ghost incidents survive on that.

Perhaps there was sumthing wrong with the Vaastu of that house too, lots of ppl don't believe in Vaastu either.
Is that a pseudoscience too?

Noorie

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Reeth
post Apr 19 2007, 05:51 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(balajigade @ Apr 19 2007, 11:43 AM) *

The second incident is about when I was doing my MTech at IIT Kharagpur in the year 1973 after completing the graduation at REC (now NIT) Rourkela. I was to appear in the written test at the Rourkela Steel Plant during which I stayed with one of my juniors, who hailed from my place, at the Engg. College hostel. After appearing in the test I, alongwith my old batch-mates had a nice dinner at the local restaurants and decided to go to the movie 'Bobby' for the late-night show, which was then just released in a theatre known as Konark. My friend was not with us as he was having his final exams the next day. It was about 12:30 MN when the show was over and all of my 3 friends who lived in the city left for home on bicycles which they brought leaving one for me to get back to the hostel (which was about 6 kms from the theatre). It was a sultry night in the month of May and I was riding the bicycle alone singing to the tunes of 'Bobby'. When I approached the Indira Gandhi Park, which falls on the way, there was a sudden drop of temperature and I could feel very cool breeze blowing, which could be attributed to the rich vegetation around the park. Suddenly I felt something going past my bicycle very fast and I could barely see a thing. I thought it was a dog. There was noise in the crank of the bicycle and the chain snapped. I got down, fixed the chain back and started riding. But after a few minutes the same sequence of incidents took place. I was a little worried and confused about what went wrong as the bike never gave any trouble in the evening earlier. A steel plant ambulance rushed past me from the opposite direction with siren bowing. I felt a sudden chill down my spine and smelt something fishy. I was slightly scared also, fixed the chain in position and started riding fast singing loudly to break the eerie of silence. I tried to concentrate on my right to see what is going past my cycle every time the chain is snapping. Nothing happened until I almost tumbled on a small piece of brick lying on road, which I did not notice and again, the chain snapped while the 'dog' went past my bike at a tremendous speed and I could barely see a streak and hear a hiss. I felt uneasy, stopped and looked around but couldn't see anything. I adjusted the chain and started riding again. By this time I had crossed the park area and soon found myself the near the German Club Centre where I took a right turn from the Ring Road on to the road which took me to the hostel campus, a 3 kms' ride. Surprisingly the bicycle didn't give any problem after I took off from the Ring Road.

When I reached the hostel, it was almost 1:30 in the night and my friend was already asleep. The next morning when he came to know that I had been to the movie and returned alone, he looked shocked and tried to evade further discussions. When I kept insisting he finally told me that two weeks back a young college girl was gang raped and murdered in the Indira Gandhi Park by some students and since then people passing by in the midnight were being haunted. A girl clad in white dress seemed to overtake the trespassers while floating on air around the park area and my friend was one of such victims who saw 'her'. Well, I could hardly believe all this, being a staunch believer of science and reasoning but at the same time I have no answer for all what happened to me that night. I was lucky not have known about the haunting stuff before going to the movie, as otherwise I could have had a heart attack in the first ‘encounter’ itself, despite all the courage behind me. And yes, the next afternoon on my way to the railway station by a rickshaw, I came to know that there was a fatal accident on the Ring Road on the same eventful midnight when a couple traveling in a taxi were killed instantaneously when the vehicle collided against the lamppost after losing control. This is perhaps why I saw the ambulance that night on my way back; I thought.

Most of the fairy tales and the horror stories we come across are only fictions with no scientific proof and reasoning behind them. At the same time we come across many weird incidents taking place in our life---most of the time they are exaggerated and blown out of proportions when they pass from person to person. But instead of saying science cannot explain these, can we say that the science is yet to establish the truth behind all these paranormal activities?

Thanks for the patience in reading all this.

--Balaji

Very interesting incident.....as you say, there are many unexplained phenomenon around us,we may never find an explaination for all these in our lifetime, but it does make life more interesting.. ninja.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE(balajigade @ Apr 19 2007, 02:45 PM) *

QUOTE(preet @ Apr 17 2007, 08:52 AM) *

wow Nasir bhai you have got guts to go on your own at 2 am!!!! ohmy.gif

Lata!!!! love.gif you are here!!!!! trust you to appear in a ghost thread tongue1.gif
i do have some interesting stories about the planchet well planchet really proves theres something unknown to humankind in this world....!!!! but before i tell the more interesting facts i will tell you all about my first experience tongue1.gif the first time i tried planchet was a disaster!!! it was my first year in college and i stayed in a PG with 5-6 girls, one afternoon we all decided to "call the bhoot" to get some answers (basically related to our love life tongue1.gif) no one had done this before but i had seen my sisters doing it so we took a chart paper... made the planchet and sat down around it most of us were afraid to even put our fingers on the coin but someone had to do it so me and my friend kept our fingers on the coin and clumsily started calling a holy spirit passing by... for the first 10 minutes nothing happened and we decided to call it quits but even as we were thinking about it the coin grew very cold and some kind of vibration we still don’t know if it was our imagination or really the spirit was trying to come!!! me and my friend looked at each other and were so scared we let the coin go... after that we were so shocked we didnt speak just kept looking at each other was the spirit with us?? had we set it free coz we broke the connection with the coin... we were all thinking such things when there was a knock on the door... as we were gathering the courage to go and open the door we heard the loud clanging of dishes as if someone was throwing them at our door... then a loud howling from a dog or something all of us screamed and rushed out to the balcony and started shouting for our landlord...

later we came to know it was our landlord's servant who had brought in our lunch and lost control on the stairs mellow.gif

I just saw Preet's writeup on planchette while I was uploading my experience. Earlier, in May 1968 when I was doing my 1st year Engg. at Rourkela there was rumour that the final exams which were hardly a week away were being postponed. Somebody in our hostel got a bright idea and decided that he would find it out on a planchette (ouija board) along with his friends. He got a an answer that the exams would be postponed by 21 days. This started a euphoria in almost every hostel in the campus and there were a series of sessions almost in every block. I was a spectator in one of the sessions and to my surprise all answers to known questions were found correct but with some spelling mistakes. Everyone found their %age marks, class predicted. I along with two of my friends who did not believe at all in these happenings thought that the answers were being manipulated by the persons performing. We decided that we would give a try for ourselves and invited others to our room. Before starting the session we took an oath that we are not going to befool each other at least. We used a tea cup kept inverted on the floor drawing a circle around it with all English alphabet and the nos. We kept all our index fingers on the body of the cup and started concentrating on different deceased souls. Nothing happened for about 1st 15 mins and we kept on changing names. But then, the cup started vibrating in a gyrating motion at the place where it was. We started asking questions which were answered correctly, the cup was using its handle as the indicator touching the alphabets or numbers while moving. We three were staring at each other with disbelief thinking that the others are playing a mischief. Towards the end of the session the cup moved so fast that it was difficult for us to keep our fingers on it in tact. It was said that if anyone takes off his hand from the cup with the spirit inside it, he would be possessed by it. We called off the session successfully when we heard a commotion from the room in the opposite wing. We came to know that there was a session going on in another room simultaneously and one of the boys took off his hand out of excitement when he too got the same answer of 21 days of postponement of the exams. He was reportedly possessed and found struggling for breath as if someone was overpowering him and was shouting 'Leave me, leave me'. It was understood that his fellow performers apologized for his ignorance and he became normal slowly. He was totally ignorant of what happened in between.There was an end to this activity from that day onwards and the exams actually got postponed by 14 days.

Even months after the incident the above boy never disclosed what happened to him exactly. Every one out of the 3 of us still think that someone out of the other two played some mischief.

It is said that man can move an object with his concentration without touching it. Is it the resultant of the concerted effort of all the persons performing the activity? As most of us knew the answers to the questions perhaps we were, though unknowingly, guiding the cup through our will-power (let me call it so for the time being) to show the expected answers. This argument strengthens from the fact that certain questions, of which we were not sure of the answers, were replied waywardly and inconsistently

--Balaji

I feel that a lot of this is manipultion and psychological to the extent that it depends on the mental make up of each person involved,so different reactions...

-William James
+Quote Post

12 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:36 PM