Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Noor Jehans Affairs!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Noor Jehans Affairs!
Akhtar
post Apr 11 2006, 03:03 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 568

Source - Wikipedia

Alleged Affairs and Scandals

Noor Jehan lived her life on her own terms going through good times and bad, marriages, divorces, heartbreaks, casual and serious love affairs, fame, fortune and, loneliness. Noor Jehan said to Khalid Hassan in an interview that "I need a man in my life, otherwise I lose my music". Noor Jehan had many men in her life starting with her first affair at a young age with Hassan Amin, but broke up with him after falling in love with S.H. Rizvi. He wrote a scurrilous book about his accounts with her in their life together. In that book, he wrote about many of Noor Jehan's affairs (some true some not). Also, some resources claim that Noor Jehan was married more than twice, but it is not known whether this is true or not. If she was married more than twice, than one of her additional husbands would be Aqeel Butt.

Noor Jehan's affair with debonair opening batsman Nazar Muhammad began during the filming of Chanwey (1951). Nazar who was related to music director Feroze Nizami, would come to Shahnoor Studios where the movie was being made. He could carry a tune and obviously had an eye out for her, as she did for him. The affair continued even after it was completed. Noor Jehan, who had a curfew pass, would put on a white burqa and go to Hira Mandi to meet Nazar. One day Rizvi's driver Amir Hasan told Rizvi that he had just dropped Noor Jehan at Islamia Park, where she and Nazar had a place of assignation. Rizvi went with a carload of helpers to the house identified by the driver. It belonged to an old man who sold amulets and traditional medicines. Rizvi knocked at the door and when it was answered, he demanded to know where Noor Jehan was. The old man who answered pretended he didn't know who she was. Rizvi brushing the man out of the way, began to climb the stairs to the upper floor which only had one room. The old man began to shout so the lovers would be warned of the raid. Rizvi saw the two of them lying in bed. Nazar jumped out of bed and leapt out of the window to the ground and broke his arm after falling on it. Nazar was caught by Rizvi's helpers and he never played cricket again.

In the book Rizvi wrote he accused Noor Jehan of affair after affair. He accused her of having an affair with Anwar Jahangir Khan and cinematographer Raza Mir. Also M. Naseem, owner of Popular Pictures, Royal Park, Lahore which was the last affair she certainly had and it lasted quite a few years. Rizvi wrote that Noor Jehan also had an affair with film director Anwar Kamal Pasha who once gave her some brandy to drink, and when it hit her she tore of her shirt. He also accused her of having a casual affair with the brother of a studio employee by the name of Gul Zaman. She asked him to press her feet one day and led him on. Once she was through with him, she told him to get lost. She also tried to have an affair with the actor Santosh Kumar, who said that he respected Rizvi as his father, and would prefer death than have an affair with her. She told him, according to Santosh, in English "I love you and I love others". She also had an affair, claimed Shaukhat, with music director Nazir Ali. She also had a one-night stand, charged Rizvi, with a crockery merchant in Dhani Ram Road, Lahore as well as actor Mazhar Shah. She also had a serious affair with actor Yusuf Khan and a PIA pilot by the name of Ijaz Alam. She may have had none, some, or all of these affairs, but it is not known. Rizvi also accused her of practising black art and preparing some potion based on owl flesh which put those to whom it was administered under her power. Even if she did have all these alleged affairs, she isn't and would never be less than a musical genius.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
unni
post Apr 11 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

Rizvi's book is a classic case of "kiss and tell". The despicable act of an utter cad. He was writing about a woman who once loved him. They might have fallen out of love. Yet, what they once shared deserved to be remembered with fondness and treated with respect --- whatever else transpired later. Just a matter of basic human decency. He may have harboured bitterness after the end of their relationship, but there is no justification to go public and villify the name of a former lover.

Do celebrities have a right to privacy in regard to their personal lives? Or does the public have a right to learn about the private life of a public figure, because they are public figures?

For an industry that thrives on publicity, in reality film-folk are notoriously secretive about their personal lives. And why not? Publications and web-sites dealing with film-land gossip splash stories of a supposed liaison between a handsome hero and a pretty heroine. For these "planted" stories, the stars "implicated" play along with the stories, to garner publicity for a forthcoming film in which they are paired. After the picture comes and goes, the "relationship" ends and the story vanishes! Whereas, in real life, affairs with beautiful stars are conducted "on demand" by the far-less-attractive, virtually anonymous moneybags --- pot-bellied financiers who are essential for the survival of the industry, for the production of films, for the making of careers. Such sordid liaisons, the dirty underbelly of the industry, never make the headlines.

Hollywood or Bollywood, the "casting couch" is a permanent set. Outside the studios!

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
Sohail Asif
post Apr 12 2006, 08:10 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 3645

The only despicable act I could think of would be to hurt another human being. I agree with Unni that love once transpired between two people deserved to be remembered with fondness and respect no matter what
ever else happened later. I have never met Madam personally but there were people who I know had and they always remember her as a loving human being.
Having too many affairs and sexual escapades doesn't make her a bad human being. Our understanding of human condition at this point of evolution is still very limited and solipsistic. We have to understand that sacredness and profanity are two side of the same coin, one does not exits without another.A word of advice to all mudslingers that they should've their own escapades and fun- and believe me that this world will be a better place and heaven. I might sound crude but this is a fact.
As far as her immaculate voice is concerned, it has brought the best to all of us by honoring the beauty(divinity wub.gif ), not the worst. biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
Inaam
post Apr 12 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 187

As for as S H Rizvi’s book ‘Noor Jehan Ki Kahaani, Meri Zubani’ is concerned, I have read it and felt that most of the part of the book is based on fictitious stories. Rizvi exaggerated her personal life and affairs. It is a well-known fact that he wrote this book just for retaliation. There are a lot of contradictions in the book which proves the dishonesty and ill-intention of Rizvi.

QUOTE(Akhtar @ Apr 11 2006, 03:03 PM) *

Also, some resources claim that Noor Jehan was married more than twice, but it is not known whether this is true or not. If she was married more than twice, than one of her additional husbands would be Aqeel Butt.

To my knowledge, Aqeel But was the son-in-law of Noor Jeha (He was the ex husband of her singer daughter Zill-e-huma). Aqeel But wrote an wonderful personal sketch of Madam “Noor Jehan – Meri Saas”.

QUOTE(Sohail Asif @ Apr 12 2006, 08:10 AM) *

The only despicable act I could think of would be to hurt another human being. I agree with Unni that love once transpired between two people deserved to be remembered with fondness and respect no matter what
ever else happened later. I have never met Madam personally but there were people who I know had and they always remember her as a loving human being.
Having too many affairs and sexual escapades doesn't make her a bad human being. Our understanding of human condition at this point of evolution is still very limited and solipsistic. We have to understand that sacredness and profanity are two side of the same coin, one does not exits without another.A word of advice to all mudslingers that they should've their own escapades and fun- and believe me that this world will be a better place and heaven. I might sound crude but this is a fact.
As far as her immaculate voice is concerned, it has brought the best to all of us by honoring the beauty(divinity wub.gif ), not the worst. biggrin.gif

Well said Sohai! I 100% agree with you and Unni Ji.

+Quote Post
Priya
post Apr 12 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
Member No.: 25

We so easily deify or villify celebrities and public figures.

Madam's personal life was her own and whether she had affairs or not does not change her greatness as a singer or her generosity and warmth as a human being.

We all crave love and affection and that special someone in life. It must be so much harder for a celebrity to meet the right kind of person who wants her for herself and not the fame or money and also who can love her for herself and not be threatened by her personality and standing.

IPB Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:55 AM