Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Kishoreda - A Contrast

, Kishore with Lesser Known MDs and renowned Mds(but with few songs)

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
> Kishoreda - A Contrast, Kishore with Lesser Known MDs and renowned Mds(but with few songs)
HumTum
post Aug 4 2008, 12:44 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8009

Lesser Known MDs and Well Known Mds with whom Kishore da sung few songs

Wishing you all a Very Happy Celebrative Day - It is Kishore's 79th Birthday!

Introducing to you friends the themat of this thread -

We already know that Kishoreda has sung for almost all the MDs of yesteryears and for some contemporary ones too. Some favoured Kishoreda and it is no surprise to us that Guru had sung maximum number of songs under Panchamda's baton. Not just RDB, but other popular music director’s like Sachinda, Laxmikant Pyarelal, Kalyanji Anandji, Bappi Lahiri, Rajesh Roshan etc.. created magic with Kishoreda to last a lifetime and for future generations to enjoy. Who can forget the marvellous scores such as Kati Patang, Mere Jeevan Saathi, Jawani Deewani, Aap Ki kasam to name a few with RDB, Aaradhana with SDB, Kabhi Kabhi with Khayyam, Jhony Mera Naam, Black Mail, Sachha Jhuta With Kalyanji Aanadji, Mr X in Bombay, Karz with Laxmikant Pyarelal, Julie, Yaarana with Rajesh Roshan, Chalte Chalte, Zakhmee, Sharabi with Bappi Lahiri and many others.

While it is true that, Kishoreda kept delivering gem after gem with the renowned Music Directors, there were several beautiful compositions with the lesser known Music Directors who used his talent to their advantage and delivered number of Gems. On the other there were many top MDs who did not use Kishoreda's voice to the fullest extent due to their preferences or for some other unknown reasons but still produced outstanding Kishore compositions.

Among the Gems of Kishore Da for lesser known Mds who can forget Teri Duniya Se Hoke Majboor (Prem Dhawan), Ek Lamha To Bina Dard ( Vanraj Bhatia), Mere Meet Bata ( Jaykumar), Chaand Kya Hain (Ganesh) and many more.

There were others like Naushad sahab, Shankar-Jaikishan and O.P.Nayyar sahab used Kishore's voice limitedly for their compositions but still gave memorable ones.

Even Naushad ji is quoted saying following

Naushad remembers Kishore the day he passed away...
There was always a special place in my heart for Kishore, for whenever we met, he used to tell me, "I have but one complaint against you. I have sung only once under your baton, so please compose a song for me." Today he is no longer with me. I feel sad that I was unable to fulfill his desire

This thread is specially created to discover, share and discuss the Gems of Kishore da with Music Directors, who falls in these two categories.

This thread will work as a sub-thread to Guru’s Songs from All Released Movies and a link up from this thread will be given there, for easier tracking.

So dear folks, go ahead and be a part of this big time venture we all can work on.......

ps: I would like to add my sincere thanks here to Musicbhai and Ez bhai for urging me to take on this task and I am glad to be a part of this project which will be a great help to know Kishore and his songs better. wub.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
HumTum
post Sep 27 2008, 02:07 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8009

ANIL - ARUN

Attached Image Attached Image

These MDs are (were) none other than the Legendary Marathi composer Anil Mohile and Arun Paudwal (late husband of Anuradha Paudwal. The duo were music assistants(arrangers) under Sachinda. It was detailed on Pancham forum on yahoo - where there was a discussion about the assistants of Sachinda for the movie Abhimaan. Apparently they had assisted the composer along with his wife Meera Dev. Apart from this, they have worked individually and also jointly as composers and assistants for many movies.

Arun Paudwal passed away on Nov 1, 1991. Arun had a major hit with the movie album of Meera ka mohan. Needless to say that, Arun had Guru sing for Gammat Jammat (marathi film) - Ashwini ye na .. (featured on Ashok Saraf), so this is not the first time Kishore has sung for Arun P. The Aaj ka ye ghar song is an absolute beauty - rendered with the right emotion to suit the situation of the scenes.

You can find the song details and lyrics here -

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=535142

The marathi song from Gammat Jammat - Ashwini ye na - you can view the song here.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=535139

Their filmography as assist mds, composers and conductors:

1.Commando (1988) [chief assistant music]
2.Locket (1986) [conductor] and [music arranger]
3.Jhoothi (1985) [assistant music]
4.Geraftaar (1985) [assistant music]
5.3D Saamri (1985) [music arranger]
6.Salma (1985) [music assistant]
7.Sharaabi (1984) [conductor] and [music arranger]
8.Pasand Apni Apni (1983) [music assistant]
9.Agreement (1980) [music assistant]
10.Kissi Se Na Kehna (1983) [associate music director]
11.Saboot (1980) [music assistant]
12.Lahu Ke Do Rang (1979) [music assistant]
13.Bhagwan Samaye Sansar Mein (1976) [composers]
14.Abhimaan (1973) [music assistant]
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
HumTum   Kishoreda - A Contrast   Aug 4 2008, 12:44 AM
Marcilo   He had limited songs with Madan mohan too. whateve...   Aug 4 2008, 09:07 AM
Marcilo   And then there was duo of Shaym ji ghanshaym ji, r...   Aug 4 2008, 08:12 PM
musicman   And then there was duo of Shaym ji ghanshaym ji, ...   Aug 4 2008, 09:34 PM
Venu   Thats a nice topic HT bhai :smile:   Aug 5 2008, 12:02 AM
HumTum   Thats a nice topic HT bhai :smile: Greeting...   Aug 5 2008, 07:15 AM
HumTum   I will be dealing one MD per week, so that there i...   Aug 5 2008, 10:23 AM
HumTum   Badi beqaraari from Jeevan Sandhya is available fo...   Aug 5 2008, 10:27 AM
Marcilo   Sab art filme hi lag rahi hai. I wonder what kind...   Aug 5 2008, 11:53 PM
HumTum   Sab art filme hi lag rahi hai.[color=#006600][b]...   Aug 5 2008, 11:58 PM
Marcilo   Are you doing MDs in any particular order?   Aug 6 2008, 09:28 AM
HumTum   Are you doing MDs in any particular order? The ...   Aug 6 2008, 10:50 AM
princeali   Great thread HT !! :smile: The S-J chapt...   Aug 6 2008, 11:28 AM
HumTum   Thanks a lot PrinceAli bhai for your greetings. :s...   Aug 6 2008, 06:50 PM
Venu   . Nevertheless, I will be bringing up SJ-Kisho...   Aug 6 2008, 09:05 PM
debjyoti   . Nevertheless, I will be bringing up SJ-Kish...   Aug 6 2008, 09:50 PM
princeali   Thanks a lot PrinceAli bhai for your greetings. :...   Aug 7 2008, 12:49 AM
DIGANTA ADHYA   [quote name='HumTum' post='518426' date='Aug 6 20...   Aug 7 2008, 09:14 AM
HumTum   That's wonderful Diganta bhai! :clap2: Gre...   Aug 7 2008, 09:38 AM
DIGANTA ADHYA   YOU MOST WELCOME Humtum BHAI. THANKS TO YOU TO STA...   Aug 7 2008, 09:46 AM
DIGANTA ADHYA   SAPAN JAGMOHAN USED KISHORE KUMAR VOICE SUCCESSFUL...   Aug 7 2008, 11:00 AM
debjyoti   SAPAN JAGMOHAN USED KISHORE KUMAR VOICE SUCCESSFU...   Aug 7 2008, 02:04 PM
HumTum   That's ok Debjyoti bhai.. Diganta bhai offered...   Aug 7 2008, 02:10 PM
HumTum   Anyways friends, firstly, let us go by alphabetica...   Aug 7 2008, 02:27 PM
musicman   Anyways friends, firstly, [b]let us go by alphabe...   Aug 7 2008, 05:10 PM
DIGANTA ADHYA   OK DEAR humtum BHAI.   Aug 7 2008, 04:54 PM
HumTum   [b]Ali Akbar Khan [b] Humsafar 1953 - was composed...   Aug 31 2008, 09:46 PM
Venu   [b]Ali Akbar Khan [b] Humsafar 1953 - was compose...   Sep 3 2008, 07:32 AM
HumTum   Unfortunately I have not been able to get much ...   Sep 3 2008, 09:28 AM
musicman   Unfortunately I have not been able to get much...   Sep 3 2008, 09:58 AM
Ez_buddycool   Unfortunately I have not been able to get much...   Sep 3 2008, 10:36 AM
xice   [quote name='HumTum' post='526773...   Sep 3 2008, 07:03 PM
HumTum   [b]ANIL - ARUN These MDs are (were) none othe...   Sep 27 2008, 02:07 PM
Marcilo   Their filmography as assist mds, composers and co...   Oct 2 2008, 08:33 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:15 PM