Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Anokha Pyar (1948)

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Anokha Pyar (1948)
vdsachin
post Oct 23 2008, 10:48 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 62523

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 23 2008, 09:44 PM) *

I am responding here to Sachin's post on the other thread at http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=542019 :

A friend has sent me the actual LM-IN version of the duet. I will upload it tomorrow on this thread. He had only a low-res version (just 32 kbps): I understand it is against HF norms to upload low-res versions, but I am hoping our Admin friends will allow this exception in order to set the singers' record straight.

I will also post another surprise - one that will add to the confusion! wink2.gif

May I also request that all discussions regarding "Anokha Pyar" be carried out on this thread? It is confusing to have two threads at the same time on the same subject!

Warm regards,
Abhay

Abhay - I will be eagerly waiting for your uploads tomorrow... smile3.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 24 2008, 09:30 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 335

Ok, folks, here goes.

1. Thanks to a very generous (and very knowledgeable) Net friend, I have got a copy of the Lata-Ira Nagrath version of "ai dil merii wafaa me.n". Unfortunately, he only had a low-res version* which cannot be uploaded here as per the forum's rules. I have therefore uploaded it on esnips - it can be found at the following link:

http://www.esnips.com/web/aphadnis-HF

It is a downloadable file; I hope there is no trouble accessing it. Once you listen to it, you will clearly see the difference between the LM-IN and the LM-MK versions. Ira Nagrath's voice is clearly distinguishable from Meena Kapoor's; besides, the versions differ in the way the lyrics are sung (more on that below).

2. Now let's stir up this already volatile mix of multiple versions some more! wink2.gif The same generous soul who sent me the Ira Nagrath version also sent me yet another version of the duet, again sung by Lata Mangeshkar and Meena Kapoor! How's that for confusion? I can't figure out why Anil Biswas would have had three versions recorded of the same song! Anyway, here is the second version of the LM-MK duet (3:15 min, mp3 @ 128 kbps). It is clearly a different version: for one, the song starts in MK's voice rather than LM's; also, the lyrics differ to some extent (again, more on this below). I understand that this version appeared on the Pakistani LP release of "Anokha Pyar".

3. To satisfy my own curiosity, I made detailed notes of the differences in lyrics across the three songs, including the distribution of the lines between the two singers in each version. Assuming that there might be some equally crazy people here, I am - in three separate posts below this - posting the lyrics exactly as sung of each of the three versions. They highlight clearly the differences across the versions.

*[If anyone can find a better, high-resolution recording of the Lata-Ira Nagrath version, please do upload it here. Please do not just reconvert from the low-res version to a higher resolution - it worsens rather than improves matters! I know most members here do not need this advice, but I have come across at least one instance of encoding a low-res recording at a higher bitrate and then putting it up here. What that does to the sound quality is - believe me - best left the imagination! sad1.gif ]

Warm regards,
Abhay

This post has been edited by abhayp: Oct 24 2008, 09:57 PM
+Quote Post
vdsachin
post Oct 24 2008, 09:43 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 62523

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 24 2008, 09:30 PM) *

Ok, folks, here goes.

1. Thanks to a very generous (and very knowledgeable) Net friend, I have got a copy of the Lata-Ira Nagrath version of "ai dil merii wafaa me.n". Unfortunately, he only had a low-res version* which cannot be uploaded here as per the forum's rules. I have therefore uploaded it on esnips - it can be found at the following link:

http://www.esnips.com/web/aphadnis-HF

It is a downloadable file; I hope there is no trouble accessing it. Once you listen to it, you will clearly see the difference between the LM-IN and the LM-MK versions. Ira Nagrath's voice is clearly distinguishable from Meena Kapoor's; besides, the versions differ in the way the lyrics are sung (more on that below).

2. Now let's stir up this already volatile mix of multiple versions some more! wink2.gif The same generous soul who sent me the Ira Nagrath version also sent me yet another version of the duet, again sung by Lata Mangeshkar and Meena Kapoor! How's that for confusion? I can't figure out why Anil Biswas would have had three versions recorded of the same song! Anyway, here is the second version of the LM-MK duet (3:15 min, mp3 @ 128 kbps). It is clearly a different version: for one, the song starts in MK's voice rather than LM's; also, the lyrics differ to some extent (again, more on this below).

3. To satisfy my own curiosity, I made detailed notes of the differences in lyrics across the three songs, including the distribution of the lines between the two singers in each version. Assuming that there might be some equally crazy people here, I am - in three separate posts below this - posting the lyrics exactly as sung of each of the three versions. They highlight clearly the differences across the versions.

*[If anyone can find a better, high-resolution recording of the Lata-Ira Nagrath version, please do upload it here. Please do not just reconvert from the low-res version to a higher resolution - it worsens rather than improves matters! I know most members here do not need this advice, but I have come across at least one instance of encoding a low-res recording at a higher bitrate and then putting it up here. What that does to the sound quality is - believe me - best left the imagination! sad1.gif ]

Warm regards,
Abhay

Hats Off Abhay !!!! rotate1.gif rotate2.gif clap1.gif clap2.gif

I dont have words to express.... smile.gif
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 24 2008, 09:56 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

QUOTE(abhayp @ Oct 24 2008, 09:30 PM) *

2. Now let's stir up this already volatile mix of multiple versions some more! wink2.gif The same generous soul who sent me the Ira Nagrath version also sent me yet another version of the duet, again sung by Lata Mangeshkar and Meena Kapoor! How's that for confusion? I can't figure out why Anil Biswas would have had three versions recorded of the same song! Anyway, here is the second version of the LM-MK duet (3:15 min, mp3 @ 128 kbps). It is clearly a different version: for one, the song starts in MK's voice rather than LM's; also, the lyrics differ to some extent (again, more on this below).

I forgot to add that this version comes from a Pakistani LP release of the film. Have edited the post above to reflect that.

Warm regards,
Abhay
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 24 2008, 10:05 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Lyrics of the 3 different versions of "ai dil merii wafaa me.n" from 'Anokha Pyar'

(I) Lata Mangeshkar and Meena Kapoor - Version 1
(Film version; the one that has been uploaded here multiple times under the wrong label. All those who have uploaded - and downloaded - this version may want to change the tags to reflect that Lata's co-singer here is Meena Kapoor and not Ira Nagrath.)

Lata:
ai dil merii wafaa me.n ko_ii asar nahii.n hai
mai.n mar rahii huu.n jin par unako Khabar nahii.n hai
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

mere dil hii me.n rahakar mujh par nazar nahii.n hai
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Meena:
dil leke ab kahaa.N hai niinde.n churaanewaale -2
aa.Nkho.n se duur kyu.N hai dil me.n samaanewaale - 2
ko_ii mujhe bataa_e mujh ko Khabar nahii.n hai
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Lata:
bujhate hai.n dil ke shole aa.Nkho.n me.n hai a.Ndheraa
mai.n ho gayii kisiikii (ko_ii hu_aa na meraa - 3)
jo aag idhar lagii hai vo aag udhar nahii.n hai
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Meena:
ab yaad me.n kisiikii mar mar ke jii rahii huu.N
aa.Nsuu jo aa rahe hai.n aa.Nkho.n me.n pii rahii huu.N

hotii hai piir dil me.n aur aa.Nkh tar nahii.n hai
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

This post has been edited by abhayp: Oct 24 2008, 10:10 PM
+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 24 2008, 10:10 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Lyrics of the 3 different versions of "ai dil merii wafaa me.n" from 'Anokha Pyar'

(II) Lata Mangeshkar and Meena Kapoor - Version 2
(from LP record released in Pakistan)

Meena:
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Lata:
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Meena:
dil leke ab kahaa.N hai niinde.n churaanewaale -2
aa.Nkho.n se duur kyu.N hai dil me.n samaanewaale
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Lata:
mai.n ho ga_ii kisiikii (ko_ii hu_aa na meraa - 3)
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Meena:

ai dil merii wafaa me.n

+Quote Post
abhayp
post Oct 24 2008, 10:13 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

(III) Lata Mangeshkar and Ira Nagrath
(78 rpm record version posted as a low-res version on esnips)

Lata:
mai.n mar rahii huu.n jin par unako Khabar nahii.n hai
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Ira:
dil leke ab kahaa.N hai niinde.n churaanewaale
aa.Nkho.n se duur kyu.N hai dil me.n samaanewaale
ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Lata:
mai.n ho ga_ii kisiikii (ko_ii hu_aa na meraa - 3)

ai dil merii wafaa me.n

Ira:

ai dil merii wafaa me.n

+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 09:53 AM