Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rabindra Sangeet - Instrumental

, V Balsara

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rabindra Sangeet - Instrumental, V Balsara
Bhavita
post Mar 13 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 103114

I grew up listening to the tunes of Rabindra Sangeet by V Balsara. The music of Do Re Mi (Sound of Music) from an LP - V Balsara and his Singing Sitars still ring in my years.
Did I love this composition more than the actual song from Sound of Music ? Maybe:) because Do Re Mi on the Sitar sounded so much more beautiful and melodious smile1.gif

Unfortunately none of these LPs play given the condition of the record player itself / and the PIN of the player. And sadly all these LPs now lie untouched sad1.gif and all those treasures unheard.

Thankfully the record companies do, once in a way release these long lost treasures. Here is one such treasure of lovely intrumental music of Tagore's songs ...

I wondered which would be the right forum to post these links as these are instrumental compositions. Chose finally to post them on the Bengali forum as the most apt one smile1.gif

The albums

Klanti Amar Kshama Karo

Includes the Tagore melodies Anandaloke Mangalaloke, Klanti Amar Khoma Karo, Tumi Robe Neerobe...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/33588062/224c39...lanti_Amar.html

Shades of Tagore Melodies

http://www.4shared.com/dir/33588086/bba2d0...f_Tagore_M.html

Includes Ei Monihaar, Purano Shei Diner, Mone Ki dwidha..

This post has been edited by Bhavita: Mar 13 2010, 11:02 PM

Joy, sorrow, tears, lamentation, laughter — to all these music gives voice, but in such a way that we are transported from the world of unrest to a world of peace, and see reality in a new way, as if we were sitting by a mountain lake and contemplating hills and woods and clouds in the tranquil and fathomless water.

- Albert Schweitzer

Without music life would be a mistake
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Where words fail, music speaks
- Hans Christian Anderson

Music is spiritual. The music business is not
- Van Morrison
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Mar 14 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 20340

Bhavita..I am a big fan of instrumental music. Every string has it's little nuances..time has come for me to dust those albums i have stowed away since a long time.. laugh.gif
Thanks for uploading on third party servers..it is very generous of you. smile1.gif

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:21 PM