Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Rs. 1,200 Crore H Y D E R A B A D Airport Project

, A 36 Month's Hard Work.

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rs. 1,200 Crore H Y D E R A B A D Airport Project, A 36 Month's Hard Work.
AzgarKhan
post Oct 27 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 205

Rs. 1,200 Crore H Y D E R A B A D Airport Project

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
AzgarKhan
post Oct 27 2005, 05:04 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 205

Building better airports

KEEPING UP THE tempo, the Andhra Pradesh Government has taken the initiative to kick-start the Rs. 1,162-crore new international airport for Hyderabad. The Centre too has got active again on the restructuring and expansion of the international airports at New Delhi and Mumbai. In Hyderabad, the GMR-MAHB consortium has been selected as the `preferred bidder' to become the 74 per cent partner in the Shamshabad airport, which will be built on a greenfield site. The State Government and the Airports Authority of India will each hold a 13 per cent share in the project. The Andhra Pradesh Government has announced a package of measures to raise funds for the new airport and also offered an interest-free loan to the private sector partner. Yet the privilege of having a new airport will not come cheap to passengers. While the proposed levy of Rs. 325 on each passenger using the existing Begumpet airport may be accepted stoically, the Rs. 1,000 user development fee from passengers using the new airport appears to be unreasonably high. The Karnataka Government is yet to finalise its concession agreement with the developer of the new airport at Devanahalli and decide on who will control the various functions at the airport. Providing financial support is another issue it needs to work out.

Inducting the private sector in airport building has not been an easy exercise. Evolving a policy that would make such a long-term investment attractive has been one part of the unresolved problem. Hammering out a practical solution to the control of airport services is proving just as difficult. The Airports Authority of India and the Directorate General Civil Aviation want to retain complete control over services such as Customs, Immigration and security, and to get the investor to pay for their provision. Most of the international investors who initially expressed interest in participating in airport projects withdrew from the scene when they realised that this was just a `cosmetic' exercise at privatisation. There has to be a golden mean between the cosmetic approach and the investors' dream of taking complete charge of the project and, subsequently, the airport. This calls for a clear understanding of the role of internal agencies such as the Airports Authority and the DGCA, and of the private investor.

In its much-publicised bid to encourage foreign investment in the airport sector, the Centre has already wasted three years trying to shape a workable policy. Given the security scenario in the world today, aviation authorities have insisted that the `air side' of the airport, including security and the control tower, should be in the hands of Government agencies, leaving the `city side' or terminal facilities to the private partner. They have also argued that raising Rs. 1,200 crores for an airport is no problem even for the Airports Authority, which could entrust the design and construction to international experts. The Centre has been unable to come to a clear policy position on this crucial issue because it has been unable to resolve the contradiction between its own security concerns and the interests of the private investors. This has proved costly for transformation of airport infrastructure in the country.

+Quote Post
shivani
post Oct 27 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2848

wow! looks neat!!
I hope it becomes a reality pretty soon smile1.gif.
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 27 2005, 05:57 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Zzzz how about sending some ppl from Bangalore who feel that acres are being bought by the IT industry and not utilized properly and all wink2.gif Mebbe we could send them to HYD tongue.gif

N biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
shivani
post Oct 27 2005, 06:02 PM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Nimmz.. actually Bangalore needs this kind of airport sad1.gif
I am sure you would have been to their current International terminal.. could anything get more pathetic then that.
btw what is the state of city right now? started raining again today it seems???
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Oct 27 2005, 06:05 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 120

QUOTE(shivani @ Oct 27 2005, 06:02 PM) *
Nimmz.. actually Bangalore needs this kind of airport sad1.gif
I am sure you would have been to their current International terminal.. could anything get more pathetic then that.
btw what is the state of city right now? started raining again today it seems???

Its dark... Pathetic weather here. When will I see bright days sad1.gif. It is drizzling not raining heavily as of now. It will start raining when we will leave office for home sad1.gif.

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

--------------------------------------------

Education is a progressive discovery of our own ignorance.
-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 27 2005, 06:22 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

It is freezing cold!!! afraid.gif I am shivering!!

I havent stirred out of home since yesterday.. na jaane roads ki haalat kaise hai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT is drizzling like Vivz-2 said!!!!!!!!!!

Zzzz you are not in Bangy??????????? Kahan bhaag gayi tu ab headbang.gif

N hairpull.gif
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Oct 27 2005, 06:24 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Oct 27 2005, 06:22 PM) *

I havent stirred out of home since yesterday.. na jaane roads ki haalat kaise hai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conside yourself lucky. There are craters all over. Seems like I am on moon. Wish gravity too had become 1/6th tongue.gif

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 27 2005, 06:28 PM
Post #9

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Ya if we could float then who wants their infrastructure or roads! Phew we can actually fly all over with no worries about parking, no entries and one ways biggrin.gif

N biggrin.gif
ps: Azgar gonna kill us for sc****** his thread biggrin.gif
+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Oct 27 2005, 06:35 PM
Post #10

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Oct 27 2005, 06:28 PM) *

ps: Azgar gonna kill us for sc****** his thread biggrin.gif

Ya sorry for that... Hyd is a much better place. I sincerely hope, government there completes this project. Current airport of Hyd is quite small and bang in the middle of the city, if I am not wrong.

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Oct 27 2005, 06:41 PM
Post #11

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Yes but still decent when compared to the scrap of metals hanging on a lousy construction that we have here angry.gif

N abuse.gif
+Quote Post
aahat
post Oct 27 2005, 06:43 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 1304

Looks stunning! Would look so if they use transperant, fibre material.
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Oct 27 2005, 07:02 PM
Post #13

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1583

QUOTE(aahat @ Oct 27 2005, 06:43 PM) *

Looks stunning! Would look so if they use transperant, fibre material.

beatufiul excl.gif

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
vivekpm
post Oct 27 2005, 07:03 PM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nimii @ Oct 27 2005, 06:41 PM) *
Yes but still decent when compared to the scrap of metals hanging on a lousy construction that we have here angry.gif

N abuse.gif

I guess current Bangalore airport was not meant to be used for civilian purposes. One of the localite told me it was used only by the army.

Cheers,

V i V e K ...

-- Will Durant

+Quote Post
shivani
post Oct 27 2005, 07:26 PM
Post #15

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

btw Bangalore main kab se thandi hone lagee unsure.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:21 PM