Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nothin But Wind

, Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nothin But Wind, Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia
Bhavita
post Apr 16 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 103114

A lovely album (needless to state that) by Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia and composed by Dr.L Subramaniam. I remember meeting Dr.Subramaniam at the airport in Bangalore ( there are so many artistes I have been lucky to see / meet at airports!)

He was at the conveyor belt awaiting his luggage. I was standing besides him. All I did was a simple Namaste and a smile. And he started talking like I were a long lost friend! Stupid of me, in all that chaos of taking our luggage, I forgot taking his autograph! Depsite the fact he had an attendant with him, he waited to take his luggage, pick it up and walk away without any help!

Here is a bow to two great artistes of our time. And thanks to a friend from HF for this album

http://www.4shared.com/dir/37064533/7f938b...sia_-_Noth.html

The tracks:

Singin Self

Mozart I Love you

Song of Soul

Composer's breath

Nothin But Wind

This post has been edited by Bhavita: Apr 17 2010, 12:29 AM

Joy, sorrow, tears, lamentation, laughter — to all these music gives voice, but in such a way that we are transported from the world of unrest to a world of peace, and see reality in a new way, as if we were sitting by a mountain lake and contemplating hills and woods and clouds in the tranquil and fathomless water.

- Albert Schweitzer

Without music life would be a mistake
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Where words fail, music speaks
- Hans Christian Anderson

Music is spiritual. The music business is not
- Van Morrison
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bibhas
post Apr 28 2010, 06:24 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1314

Bhavita ji,
What a wonderful album you have posted, this is one of my favs. One correction - the composer is the genius maestro Ilaiyaraja and not L.Subramaniam!

Bibhas

A science that does not deliver us to the portals of metaphysics is a failed science and a religion that does not embrace physics is not grounded in reality.
+Quote Post
Bhavita
post Apr 28 2010, 11:12 PM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

OOops! Now this error is blasphemy sad1.gif

Sincere apologies and thanks for correcting me.

You are right. It sure is Illayaraja.

I, for some reason had updated my Itunes data as L. Subramaniam as the composer.
Error truly regretted

best regards
Bhavita

Joy, sorrow, tears, lamentation, laughter — to all these music gives voice, but in such a way that we are transported from the world of unrest to a world of peace, and see reality in a new way, as if we were sitting by a mountain lake and contemplating hills and woods and clouds in the tranquil and fathomless water.

- Albert Schweitzer

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Van Morrison
+Quote Post
bibhas
post Apr 29 2010, 08:59 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

No worries. Isi bahaane we got to hear about your wonderful anecdote about L.S. ji.

A science that does not deliver us to the portals of metaphysics is a failed science and a religion that does not embrace physics is not grounded in reality.
+Quote Post
Bhavita
post May 2 2010, 12:16 AM
Post #5

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

smile1.gif

Well.. I would have narrated an anecdote of a small talk I had with Illayaraja on the phone a few years ago...

- Albert Schweitzer

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Van Morrison
+Quote Post
bibhas
post May 2 2010, 08:41 AM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Bhavita @ May 1 2010, 02:46 PM) *

smile1.gif

Well.. I would have narrated an anecdote of a small talk I had with Illayaraja on the phone a few years ago...

Would have???? Please do..... I am all ears.

+Quote Post
Bhavita
post May 5 2010, 10:03 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Well... This was way back in 1996. It was a business call. The maestro was a subscriber to the services of the organisation I worked for then. And I had to call the residence to speak about the renewal of the services. I did not think I would get to speak with him. Initially I spoke with somone else. Not sure who that was. Maybe his PA. It so happened that he was around and he wanted some clarification on technical aspects of the services and he came on line.

I could not believe I really was talking to him.... So I introduced myself and gave all the clarifications on the technical aspects and the details on the charges towards subscription for the year etc.

I then mustered the courage to tell him I was a fan of his music and loved his music and songs from the movies Sadma, Geetanjali and Geeta. I could only think of those 3 movies in that moment. He thanked me and then once again asked me for my name. WHen I repeated it, he said I had a nice name blushf.gif and that his daughter's name also started with "bhav" and shared her name as Bhavatharini...

- Albert Schweitzer

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Van Morrison
+Quote Post
bibhas
post May 7 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I am seriously missing a smilie for "Envy"!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:54 AM