Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Before Sunrise(1995) / Before Sunset(2004)

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Before Sunrise(1995) / Before Sunset(2004)
simplefable
post Mar 17 2008, 09:11 PM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 20340

Nidhi...I exactly know how you feel. I have the 1962 oscar winning version of Miracle worker in my collection. To be frank, most of the films coming out of Amchi Mumbai are totally plagiarized from english films. The only complaint i have is the least any director / Actor can do is to acknowledge the originals.. That doesnt lower them in any way. Which they doesnt seem to understand. I keep saying that there is no copy right in India, there only Right to Copy !!
I have seen many good films like The usual suspects etc in Hindi...and then the blatant true copy of the french film ' the dinner game" into Bheja fry, which was applauded as the most original creation !!
Recently, I happened to watch the film ' Dus kahaniyaan" ..and it was a real rip off. there are ten stories and the people who took credit for them are either in the opinion that Indian people are ignoramus..or that they can get away with it....they are stories taken from Roald Dahl, OHenry...you name it , they have it.. smile.gif Life goes on.. .

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Mar 17 2008, 11:06 PM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5

QUOTE(simplefable @ Mar 17 2008, 03:41 PM) *

I have seen many good films like The usual suspects etc in Hindi

Leon too! Going through the channels I came across this. Sum 30 year old woman was pretending to be a 12 year old and it wasnt funny I tell you. I kept watching on coz I wanted to know who plays Gary Oldman's role... its was sum loser I kid you not, my stomach turned.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Mar 17 2008, 11:12 PM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(YaarMere @ Mar 17 2008, 11:06 PM) *

Leon too!

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif That is Bichhoo..and the actor was Ashish Vidyarthi. We want romance in a film and fights and masti...all wrapped into one impossibly illogical thing. Welcome to Bollywood..

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 19 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Member No.: 6496

An office colleague gave me a DVD of 'Jodha Akbar'. After viewing the film for 45 minutes I hit the sack. The movie worked like a sedative, it was such a drag. The battle scenes were terrible & the acting of Hrithik Roshan in the role of Akbar was pathetic. They could have put him in Birbal's role which would have been more appropriate. Imagine an emperor wrestling with an elephant.

This post has been edited by Nidhi: Mar 19 2008, 04:59 PM

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.The voice of the majority is no proof of justice."
+Quote Post
simplefable
post Mar 19 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Nidhi @ Mar 19 2008, 04:37 PM) *

The movie worked like a sedative, it was such a drag. The battle scenes were terrible & the acting of Hrithik Roshan in the role of Akbar was pathetic. They could have put him in Birbal's role which would have been more appropriate.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
That is one fine Review Nidhi. I am afraid to go near the DVD. Especially after seeing Mughal e Azam, where Prithviraj Kapoor defined Akbar's role..there is no chance for anyone, leave along Hrithik.
Interestingly i remember an observation of those days...If you see the film even today, after Pyar kiya to darna kya song by madhubala, we can see Akbar's eyes turning redder...by the second, as if they are going to spit blood. When asked about that, Prithviraj kapoor said that he forced his feet against the floor, to bring the blood into his face..and eyes. Those are the days...

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Mar 19 2008, 06:57 PM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Come on guyz we have a good little thing going on here lets not mess it up by bringing Bollywood into it.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 19 2008, 07:33 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Come on guyz we have a good little thing going on here lets not mess it up by bringing Bollywood into it.

Sure YM. Just a little diversion to break the monotony

"Truth does not change because it is, or is not, believed by a majority of the people.The voice of the majority is no proof of justice."
+Quote Post
YaarMere
post Mar 19 2008, 07:36 PM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

I am truly grateful. I like this thread man.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 19 2008, 08:48 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Amistad(1997): I don't know how i missed this great movie earlier, it was released in 1997. I came across it a year back at the dvd store. This is class stuff with excellent acting by Morgan Freeman & Anthony Hopkins. A good story & script. The dialogues are great, some of which are sure to touch a tender chord. A movie which one should not miss. I thought that Steven Spielberg was capable of making only those sci-fi & adventure stuff, not these type of movies.

There is a nice tagline for this movie: Freedom is not given. It is our right at birth. But there are some moments when it must be taken.

This post has been edited by Nidhi: Mar 19 2008, 08:53 PM

+Quote Post
simplefable
post Mar 19 2008, 09:27 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Nidhi...I too missed it out but saw it in 2000. It was indeed a poignant film. There were great performances all around..Leaving the stalwarts like Morgan Freeman and Anthony Hopkins..Djimon Honsou's performance is unforgettable. The intensity of his looks will haunt us for ever. What touched me deep was the main case of argument.."whether the cargo on board is a merchandise or not " ...How low can humankind stoop !! And to think that it is a real story ...
Spielberg has this touch always...remember ET...or Schindler's list.. He sure has the art to touch us.
And I came to know that though everyone was moved with the film., it was released in an inappropriate time and hence was not considered for an Oscar !! Thus the obscurity.. May be the producers should learn something from Clint Eastwood.. smile.gif

Aldous Huxley

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
humble_rafi
post Mar 20 2008, 01:26 AM
Post #41

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1609

I have a copy of Amistad and guys when I watched it last year I was carried away by the way Spielberg has shown heinous system of slavery.

The courtroom drama by Anthony Hopkins was speechless.I read a lot abt Lisbon,where Humans were sold like animals, but this was the best movie which has explicitly shown the plight of man.

A must watch movie.

I NEVER HEARD AN ANGEL SINGING,YES I HEARD MOHAMMED RAFI SAHAB.

I LOVE THEE RAFI SAHAB

Saanson Ki Maala Pay, Simron Main Pi Ka Naam......Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Sahab
+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 20 2008, 03:31 PM
Post #42

Group Icon

The Water Horse:Legend of the Deep(2007): An adventure movie for the kids. Based on the tale of the Loch Ness Monster, it has the picturesque landscape of Scotland as the backdrop. A good entertainment for the entire family with some great visuals.

This post has been edited by Nidhi: Mar 21 2008, 04:57 PM

+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 21 2008, 04:52 PM
Post #43

Group Icon

Bee Movie(2007): That's a great animation. The kids would love it. The audio effects are a buzzing delight. The voice over's are very good too.

One dialogue from the movie: The lawyers are blood sucking parasites with a briefcase.

+Quote Post
Nidhi
post Mar 21 2008, 08:22 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

American Gangster: The movie stars Denzel Washington & Russell Crowe. Denzel's performance as the gangster is very convincing. Though it is a long movie, director Ridley Scott keeps it interesting right upto the end. It is different from the routine gangster movies. The movie is based on the true story of gangster Frank Lucas.

+Quote Post
mmuk2004
post Mar 21 2008, 09:22 PM
Post #45

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 907

QUOTE(Nidhi @ Mar 19 2008, 10:18 AM) *

Amistad(1997): I don't know how i missed this great movie earlier, it was released in 1997. I came across it a year back at the dvd store. This is class stuff with excellent acting by Morgan Freeman & Anthony Hopkins. A good story & script. The dialogues are great, some of which are sure to touch a tender chord. A movie which one should not miss. I thought that Steven Spielberg was capable of making only those sci-fi & adventure stuff, not these type of movies.

There is a nice tagline for this movie: Freedom is not given. It is our right at birth. But there are some moments when it must be taken.

Have always wanted to see this movie...more so because the historical incident was the inspiration for the great short story by Herman Melville "Benito Cereno"(1857) where he uses this incident as an opportunity to comment on race relations. The main characters are Captain Delano, an American, who visits the ship of Benito Cereno, the Spanish captain and Babo, the African slave who has rebelled and has the captain of the ship captive. A great deal of the irony of the situation lies in the fact that Capt. Delano, who is the narrator of the story, completely misunderstands the situation and views Babo as the loyal slave who serves the captain.

Thanks to all the contributors of the thread and Nidhi for initiating this, read all the new additions with great interest. smile.gif

"This isn't right, this isn't even wrong."
Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958)

"There are no facts, only interpretations."
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)

+Quote Post

8 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:10 PM