Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

King Khan

, All about the one and only Shahrukh

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King Khan, All about the one and only Shahrukh
Dimple
post Sep 14 2007, 10:31 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16381

Shah Rukh Khan feels he is capable of acting without taking off his shirt
14th Sept 2007 09.01 IST
By Agencies

Notwithstanding his six-pack abdomen which is in the limelight, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan feels he is capable of acting without taking off his shirt.

"In Om Shanti Om I play a hero of today. I felt that everyone in the film world looks cool these days and we went for this look," SRK, who attended an event with tennis star Sania Mirza to promote an upcoming tennis tournament, said.

SRK said he had received praise from fellow actors like Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan for his new look. But Salman had also told him he was looking too thin.

SRK said he had great respect for sportspersons and had taken up an exercise regimen after shooting for his recent hit Chak De India , which centres round the game of hockey.

Asked if he had any regrets about not doing the Oscar- nominated cricket-based movie Lagaan , SRK said, "After watching the film, I thought only Aamir Khan could have done justice to it. However, I did manage to do 'Chak De'."

SRK parried questions on whether there had been renewed interest in hockey following the success of "Chak De India".

"I want to make it clear it is not because of the film that we are doing well in sports. Instead it is because they (sportspersons) are doing well that such movies are made," he said.

With more sports-based movies expected from Bollywood in the near future, this could become a new genre in the film industry, SRK remarked.

"Shikwa nahin kisise, kisise gila nahin,
Naseeb mein nahin tha jo - humko mila nahin
.."

IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 14 2007, 10:49 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Blog: An open letter to Shahrukh Khan

By IndiaFM News Bureau, September 13, 2007 - 09:19 IST

Dear King Khan,

Hope you would have seen the news clippings and read various news articles on India retaining the men’s Asia cup hockey title with a resounding 7-2 win over Korea in the summit clash at the floodlit Mayor Radhakrishnan stadium in Chennai on Sunday (09.09.07).

The win was convincing from the beginning. There was no uncertainty like they exhibit till the last over in Indian cricket. In the 4th minute from the start of the game, Shivendra Singh opened the score. Though Korea could score the equalizer in the 9th minute, Sunil and Prabhjot Singh scored each one goal and changed the scenario to 3-1 lead at the halfway stage. Indians kept up the tempo which lasted in a resounding 7-2 win which was a treat to the eyes and minds of thousands of holiday crowd who were spectators to this victory.

You might wonder why I am detailing about our country’s recent success in hockey to a Bollywood star like you. You have told to press recently that the way Kabir Khan (your character in Chak De India) reacts in the film after the team wins the final match to lift the world cup trophy, was your favourite scene and has given you some inner peace.

But even then you might disagree with me if I say that the success of this film might change the way we look at sports in India. Our recent win in Asia cup might not have any connection to your role in the film. But still the movie can change the thought line of thousands and thousands of Indians about the way sports and sportsmen are treated and how positive changes could be brought in.

The success of the movie may not bring immediate changes in the trend of sports. But it would force people to think positively, dream constructively and ultimately we might be moving to a row of victories.

Similarly you can ask your producer friends ( I know Yash Chopra is your close friend ) to plan a film about Indian politicians and you can play a role of a politician, may be as a Member of Parliament, who could be a role model politician to the upcoming future generations. Since present generation has seen more and more of dirty politicians everywhere, it would be tough to explain to future citizens as to how a good politician would look like.

This letter might not reach your eyes, or even if it reaches, you might just chuckle and forget it, but for me, I have expressed what I felt as a citizen of India.

Thank you

CITIZEN OF INDIA

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 18 2007, 12:37 PM
Post #33

Group Icon

Shah Rukh Khan in Danny Boyle’s 'Slumdog Millionaire'?
17th Sept 2007 17.10 IST
By ApunKaChoice

If reports are to be believed, Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan may play a small but important role in British filmmaker Danny Boyle’s next film Slumdog Millionaire .

The film tells the story of a Mumbai slum kid who contests in the TV show Kaun Banega Crorepati to catch the attention of a girl who watches the programme everyday. It is a love story with unusual twists.

Because Shah Rukh has actually been the host of KBC, it is learnt that Danny Boyle might cast the superstar as the host of the show in ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ also.

However, no official confirmation of this has yet come either from SRK or from Boyle.

Danny is an acclaimed filmmaker who has directed movies like ‘Trainspotting’, ‘A Life Less Ordinary’ and ‘The Beach’.

‘Slumdog Millionaire’ has been written by Simon Beaufoy (who wrote the hilarious ‘The Full Monty’) and will star Brit newcomer Dev Patel in the lead role.

The movie’s shooting will begin in November in Mumbai.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 19 2007, 10:15 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Shah Rukh Khan denies 'Om Shanti Om' being a spoof on the 70s era
19th Sept 2007 09.01 IST
By Agencies

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan said his upcoming home production Om Shanti Om is not a spoof on Hindi cinema of the 70s.

Addressing the media in Mumbai on Tuesday, after releasing the film's music, SRK said he feels the biggest USP of the movie was that it seriously recreates the era of 1970s and it was his achievement as a producer.

''The film is about reincarnation. The Om of 70s is Om Prakash Makhija, a struggling actor trying to make it big while the Om of 2007 is Om Kapoor, a superstar who is not talented,'' he said.

On his expectations from the film, he said, ''you cannot satisfy all people at all times. I am releasing the movie on Diwali. The film is about celebration of life and happiness. Besides, there is lot of comedy and drama. Director Farah Khan has got a good ear for music unlike me. There is variety in the music of this film.''

Speaking about the other Bollywood biggie Saawariya which releases on the same day as 'Om Shanti Om', the King Khan said 'Saawariya' was a huge movie as compared to his own.

''Mine is a secondary film compared to ‘Saawariya’. It could have been good for business if the release dates had not clashed. But, there is no competition. There are enough people to see both films,'' he said.

'' Sanjay Leela Bhansali has given me Devdaas which I consider as a highlight of my career. Besides, Rani Mukherjee and Salman Khan who are in ‘Saawariya’, I have lot of love for debutants Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor who respect me tremendously. Hence, I pray for both the movies. But, after all ‘Om Shanti Om’ is my child,'' he added.

''I am grateful to everybody including Dharmendra , Shabana Azmi , Mithun Chakraborty and all other friends from the industry who agreed to be part of the film.''

SRK said he went on a diet control for four months and also worked out. ''I am feeling good and healthy. Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan were very co-operative. Infact, I showed them my pictures before commencing shooting. They said I was good and needed to improve further.''

He spoke highly of his debutant co-star Deepika Padukone . ''We feel a huge responsibility towards her. She has all the makings of a good star-actress,'' SRK added.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
IDOL
post Sep 19 2007, 11:05 PM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1583

QUOTE(Dimple @ Sep 18 2007, 10:45 PM) *

Shah Rukh Khan denies 'Om Shanti Om' being a spoof on the 70s era
19th Sept 2007 09.01 IST
By Agencies

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan said his upcoming home production Om Shanti Om is not a spoof on Hindi cinema of the 70s.

Addressing the media in Mumbai on Tuesday, after releasing the film's music, SRK said he feels the biggest USP of the movie was that it seriously recreates the era of 1970s and it was his achievement as a producer.

''The film is about reincarnation. The Om of 70s is Om Prakash Makhija, a struggling actor trying to make it big while the Om of 2007 is Om Kapoor, a superstar who is not talented,'' he said.

On his expectations from the film, he said, ''you cannot satisfy all people at all times. I am releasing the movie on Diwali. The film is about celebration of life and happiness. Besides, there is lot of comedy and drama. Director Farah Khan has got a good ear for music unlike me. There is variety in the music of this film.''

Speaking about the other Bollywood biggie Saawariya which releases on the same day as 'Om Shanti Om', the King Khan said 'Saawariya' was a huge movie as compared to his own.

''Mine is a secondary film compared to 'Saawariya'. It could have been good for business if the release dates had not clashed. But, there is no competition. There are enough people to see both films,'' he said.

'' Sanjay Leela Bhansali has given me Devdaas which I consider as a highlight of my career. Besides, Rani Mukherjee and Salman Khan who are in 'Saawariya', I have lot of love for debutants Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor who respect me tremendously. Hence, I pray for both the movies. But, after all 'Om Shanti Om' is my child,'' he added.

''I am grateful to everybody including Dharmendra , Shabana Azmi , Mithun Chakraborty and all other friends from the industry who agreed to be part of the film.''

SRK said he went on a diet control for four months and also worked out. ''I am feeling good and healthy. Salman Khan and Hrithik Roshan were very co-operative. Infact, I showed them my pictures before commencing shooting. They said I was good and needed to improve further.''

He spoke highly of his debutant co-star Deepika Padukone . ''We feel a huge responsibility towards her. She has all the makings of a good star-actress,'' SRK added.

i guess Om Shanti might be a great movie!

.......................................................................IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 20 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

Idol you also seem to be SRK fan, right ? wink2.gif more the merrier smile1.gif

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 24 2007, 10:44 AM
Post #37

Group Icon

Heil Shah Rukh!
By: Upala KBR
September 24, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing what I can: Shah Rukh Khan

Shah Rukh Khan and Om Shanti Om appear to be the hottest thing in Germany right now. What else could explain the mass hysteria for the film there? Says director Farah Khan, “A hand-written petition, signed by 10,000 German fans, has been sent to Dorothy Brennar (the director of the Berlin Film Festival) to get Om Shanti Om featured at the Berlinale. Apart from that, the Om
Shanti Om website (omshantiomfilm.com) has gotten at least two lakh hits and posts from Germany, Poland, France, Austria and Russia. They all want the film to be released there, which is shocking!”

Khan adds that these SRK fans come from all over Europe to attend the Berlin film festival and hence want OSO to be shown there. “I have asked our distributors, Eros International, to release the film in Russia and thus open up a new market for us there,” says Farah, elated.

Euphoric feeling

However, as much as she’s delighted with the response and euphoria towards her film, Farah says she can’t show OSO at the Berlinale. “The festival is scheduled to take place in February. It’ll be too late to release it there,” she says.

Shah Rukh Khan, who is also aware of the petition, adds, “OSO will release in Germany, along with the rest of the world, on November 9.”
Farah adds that Shah Rukh has a huge fan following in Germany. “Main Hoon Naa did very well there after we dubbed it in German. His fans keep asking him to come there as they’re dying to meet him, and now they’re desperately looking forward to OSO. They have a lot of fun watching our films, and all the songs, dances and emotions that go with it,” she says.

The German love for SRK doesn’t end there. “The German magazine Rapid Eye is doing a book on the making of Om Shanti Om. They came here to cover the shoot and even sent their photographers. Mushtaq Sheikh is writing the book on OSO in India, while Rapid Eye will be in German,” says Farah.

For the blogs go to http://omshantiomfilm.com/BlogPage.aspx?Bl...es/srkfarah.jpg

One of the petitions

Dear Bollywood and SRK addicts!

It’s about time for SRK to visit GERMANY. Since we’d like to offer him a location, where he can introduce himself and his newest projects like “Om Shanti Om”, our idea was to bring him to the BERLINALE 2008, which is well attended by people and media and offers him an appropriate basis. We need your help! Please sign up for this petition until 30th of September 2007 to collect as many votes as possible. We’ll hand your signatures to the people in charge at the Berlinale committee. Many thanks for your help, your Santa-Team Santa-Claus and Santa-Fee :-)

Sincerely,
The Undersigned

(http://www.petitiononline.com/srk/petition.html)

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 24 2007, 04:23 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

SRK on cover of L'Officiel

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fashionistas the world over consider L’Officiel as one of the premier and classic magazines of all times! Life just cannot get better than this for all ya’ Bollywood fans out there, coz’ L’Officiel has come up with its first Bollywood special edition. And with the Godfathers of Bollywood at the helm of things, one can expect this to become the Bible of Bollywood in the days to come! For starters, one can find the man who has the copyright for the human tears and emotions Karan Johar as the guest editor, the man with the magical hands, Manish Malhotra working on designing and executing the features, and lastly the man to whom even the camera goes ‘Cheese’…Atul Kasbekar!

Our advice to all: Read This Issue Strictly In A Pool Or Keep The Number Of Fire Brigade Ready, coz’ besides SRK, this issue also sees the temperature-rising girls who people otherwise know as the dew-eyed Priyanka Chopra, congenial Tanishaa, and dazzling Kareena and the ‘all-lure-ing’ Bipasha! These divine creations can be seen in the creations of Valentino, Christian Dior, Tarun Tahiliani, JJ Valaya and others. With so much going in this issue, one is just left wondering that whether the creations of the above names will enhance these beauties or is it vice versa?

Lights, Camera, Reaction!

Madame Royale’ aka Priyanka Chopra has got not only the world at her feet, but also the whole Universe! No wonder then, the men around her, just can’t seem to be getting enough of her! It’s not just her smile that’s magical, but it’s her entire persona’ that sets the human heart afire! She is one of the very few actresses who have reached her career’s crescendo at such a short time! Man! It becomes needless to say that Elegance... thou name is Priyanka!

Beautifuls with the dutiful

What more can a girl can ask for than having the Sunshine Man himself SRK in tow! After having wowed (and still continues to do so) with his exuberant energy , the King Khan seems to be all set to give the models a never ending marathon run for their money!

According to Lensman Atul Kasbekar, this shoot was inspired by SRK's upcoming release, Om Shanti Om which has a reincarnation theme. Hence, Atul’s concept was to show him going from black to white, from darkness to light. Not only we second that; we would also like to add that this shoot is good enough for the non-SRK fans to be ‘re-incarnated’ as the King’s subjects! They don’t call him the King Khan for nothing!

Rock n Role!

Zayed Khan who hit the jackpot with his impactful role alongside SRK in the mega blockbuster Main Hoon Na is seen rocking and rolling in this issue! Not only does the Rockstar image suit this man to the ‘T’, but it also leaves the readers asking for more! It just seems like Zayed was simply born to be a rocking rock star! And if his roles in Dus and Cash were anything to go by, then, lo! Behold! Here’s announcing the arrival of Zayed, ready to rock and role!

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 24 2007, 04:50 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

ShahRukh Khan to attend Twenty20 World Cup final

New Delhi, Sept. 23 (PTI): Bollywood superstar ShahRukh Khan, business tycoon Vijay Mallya and BCCI Vice President Rajeev Shukla will join hundreds of fans to cheer for Team India when Mahendra Singh Dhoni and his men take on Pakistan in the final of the Twenty20 cricket World Cup in Johannesburg tomorrow.

Shah Rukh, who played a hockey coach in his latest release "Chak De India", earlier made a surprise visit to the India-England third Test at The Oval last month.

Shah Rukh, Mallya and Shukla will leave tonight by the liquor baron's private jet.

"We will root for the Indian team, which has made us proud by its commendable show. An India-Pakistan match is always a humdinger and we are going to enjoy every bit of it," said Shukla.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 25 2007, 09:39 AM
Post #40

Group Icon

Howzzzat!
By: Upala KBR
September 25, 2007

Your wish is my command: Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan never does things in small doses. And what he does, he does in style. And so he flew all the way to (South Africa) for a day with son Aryan, to watch the ICC World Twenty20 final between India and Pakistan yesterday.

We caught up with King Khan a few hours before the match, and he told us he was making good on a promise.

Said SRK, “I promised Aryan I’d take him to Johannesburg if India reached the finals, so here we are!”

Have a time and reason

I wanna go! Aryan Khan
Shah Rukh has always been a sports enthusiast, and loves watching cricket, football and hockey. And so he was delighted to be in South Africa to cheer the Indian cricket team. Said Shah Rukh, “I wanted to cheer for the team in person. It’s seldom that we appreciate our team for their achievements. I had the time and the reason, so I am here. And, of course, the match is with Pakistan so the atmosphere will be charged.”

SRK’s special message for the Indian cricket team was not just Chak De India! He said, “There is a saying — dance like nobody is watching. I would tell the Indian team to play for having fun. We are all proud of them, so they should just have a good time on the field. From now onwards, the message is Om Shanti Om, and, ‘Win the World Cup’!”

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Sep 25 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #41

Group Icon

Shah Rukh Khan cheers team India to victory
24th Sept 2007 23.02 IST
By N. K. Deoshi

Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan was constantly cheering the Indian cricket team on its way to victory in the finals of the Twenty20 tournament against Pakistan.

The New Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg was not short of energetic Indian fans who waved Indian flags and shouted slogans to cheer the men in blue in the crucial match against Pakistan.

But one man who stood out among the Indian supporters was Shah Rukh Khan, who watched the match along with his son Aryan from the stands. SRK, wearing a black suit, constantly clapped when a dot ball was bowled from the Indian side and stood from his seat in joy whenever a Pakistani wicket fell.

In the final overs, when Pakistan’s Misbah-ul-Haq looked dangerous and the match seemed slipping away from India’s grip, SRK stood in the stands and gave a thumbs-up sign to Indian captain MS Dhoni in the field.

That was just a moment before the wicket of Sohail Tanvir, who had hit two sixes, fell and optimism returned to team India.

That was also the moment the DJ played a few lines of the song Chak De…Chak De India from SRK’s recent release Chak De India .

Words are not sufficient to describe what happened after that. A billion hearts erupted in joy as Haq flicked bowler Joginder Sharma’s ball into the air and Sreesanth caught it.

As the Indian team celebrated the historic Twenty20 World Cup win, SRK exulted with uncontrollable joy.

Later, SRK went to congratulate the players on the field. SRK hugged each player individually. Harbhajan Singh, who was completely ecstatic, lifted SRK up when the superstar hugged him.

SRK was heard saying to his son: “They (the Indian players) are the true superstars”.

Well said, SRK.

And a million congratulations to team India from us. You’ve made us proud.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Oct 1 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Mushtaq Sheikh pens 'The Making of Om Shanti Om'

By Joginder Tuteja, September 28, 2007 - 19:14 IST

Exactly a month and a half to go for the release of Om Shanti Om and this Farah Khan directorial venture continues to keep making news for all the right reasons.

The latest piece of information to come in is that a book has been written on the making of the film. Of course, it is titled "The Making of Om Shanti Om." Also, if sources are to be believed, the book would be arriving in foreign languages as well.

"Yes, Farah (Khan) and Shahrukh Khan have trusted me to be working on this book. This book is a celebration of the movies," confirms Mushtaq Sheikh, the designated author for the book.

Talking about the contribution made by Shah Rukh Khan and Farah Khan during the making of the book, he says fondly, "Full credit to both of them as they have allowed it to be my baby. That way I must tell you Farah shows very good faith. Inshallah, I will deliver something that does everyone proud."

But why a book?

"There are so many questions people ask about movies and how they are made. With this book, I am trying my level best to give the reader a chance to actually be a part of the movie making process. The behind the scenes, the highs, the lows, the even lower lows, the joy, the pain, the anguish, the celebration of Hindi movies - 'The Making of Om Shanti Om will have it all", reasons Mushtaq Sheikh.

On questioned about the format in which the book would be releasing, Sheikh laughs, "It's going to be different. It's not a coffee table book but then it’s not like a small paper back copy either. It's just different! Just like the old adage goes - the taste of the format is in buying the copy and finding what I designed for you (laughs again)!"

About Mushtaq Sheikh

A journalist-scriptwriter, Mushtaq Sheikh has the distinction of written three books on Shah Rukh and/or his projects - 'The Making of Asoka', 'Devdas - The Indian Hamlet' and his most recent 'SRK - Still Reading Khan'.

'The Making of Asoka' had marked the beginning of a trend where all kind of communication was made around the making of a film. It was also for the first time in the history of Indian cinema that a movie as well as a book on its making was released simultaneously.

On the other hand 'Devdas - The Indian Hamlet' was an attempt to discuss the origins of Devdas through looking at Sanjay Leela Bhansali's cinematic vision as well as reflecting back at the classic masterpiece by Sarat Chandra. The making of the book involved extensive research and brainstorming sessions with cast and crew of the film as well as keen followers of Indian cinema.

His third book 'SRK - Still Reading Khan' promised to cover everything about the actor who is fast gaining a legendary status. As qouted by Sheikh, "Shah Rukh Khan, the actor means a world to the cine-goers who have sworn undying love for him for more than a decade. It’s his name, his persona, his magic, his sensitive side and his thick hide, which he wears as a survivor. His self-depreciating humor and his undeterred belief in himself and his journey from nowhere, into the hearts of every Indian is the fodder for the book."

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Oct 1 2007, 11:29 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

Weak in Hindi, child SRK wanted to become a sportsman: Book
PTI
Sunday, September 30, 2007 12:51 IST

NEW DELHI: Heart-throb of many a damsel, Bollywood star Shah Rukh Khan as a child was weak in Hindi, dreamt of representing the country in international sports events and as a young man had to court his love Gauri for six years before he could win her, says a new book.

Shah Rukh was bright, naughty, fond of sports but was weak in Hindi either scoring very low marks or failing in the subject says the book 'SRK: King Khan' by journalist, critic Deepa Gahlot.

Instead of scolding him, his mother once told him that she would take him to a Hindi movie in a cinema hall if he did well in the subject. The bait was attractive enough for young Shah Rukh and his first visit to cinema must have triggered off the acting impulse in him, says the book. The newly generated interest in Hindi made him understand Hindi films better and gave him a command over the language, a skill that stands him in good stead in his career even today, it says.

In the school he was more interested in sports such as cricket, hockey, football and athletics than in studies and hoped to become a sportsman capable of representing his country in international events.

In Delhi while performing for both television and theatre, Shah Rukh was also wooing the pretty Gauri Chibba, a Hindu girl. Because of the difference in the religion, Gauri's family disapproved of their relationship. The courtship carried on clandestinely for over six years. Gauri was not too pleased about his choice of career or his decision to move to Mumbai but their love overcame all problems, pretty much like it happens in the movies, the book says.

The term 'super star' was coined by Bollywood for Rajesh Khanna, the romantic film hero of the late 1960s and the 1970s who triggered a fan frenzy unimaginable even in the cinema crazy country like India. Amitabh Bachchan inherited the title, earning labels such as Big B, angry young man and Supremo. Shah Rukh Khan took over the crown, entering the Bollywood hall of fame with sobriquets of his own such as
King Khan, Badshah (emperor) Khan and King of Bollywood, the author says.

Beginning his acting career away from films, he is the only theatre and television star who went on to become a movie superstar. He entered the film industry when sons of earlier stars were ruling Bollywood making it next to impossible for an outsider to get a toe into the Bollywood door.

Today, Shah Rukh Khan is the favourite of the industry's top banners, the book says.

The star's life, however, has not been a smooth sailing. In 2002, an immense property tax payment was levied on 'Mannat', the beautiful sea-facing heritage bungalow that Shah Rukh had purchased for a large sum. He had to take a whole lot of work to pay the taxes off whether it was dancing at weddings- for which he was severely criticised in the media and by some industry people- to doing a plethora of
commercials, the book says.

Shah Rukh's entry in Bollywood was very well-timed because the Hindi films were at their worst in the late 1980s and early 1990s, revolving around stale plots produced in an outdated style. Superstar Amitabh was clearly on the decline, with 'Khuda Gawah' as his only release that year after a series of duds in 1991. Amitabh then went on his five-year sabbatical and the industry was on the lookout for a
new super star. The older leading men like Dharmendra, Jeetendra, Mithun Chakraborty and Rishi Kapoor were still fighting to stay on and the star sons and industry boys- Anil Kapoor, Sanjay Dutt, Sunny Deol, Govinda- after their debuts in the 1980s, were settling into comfortable though not consistently successful slots, the author says.

Shah Rukh , who has played various roles including negative ones (he won the Filmfare Best Villain award for 'Anjaam', is still inclined towards doing negative roles but his popularity as a romantic hero soared after the release of his films especially the phenomenally successful 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge', the author says. "This kept him from doing negative roles although he has played some grey
characters", the book says.

Many of Shah Rukh Khan's films have been superhits, his career is a case study of success, and the way he has reached out beyond the boundaries of Bollywood is remarkable.

However, the author says that Shah Rukh Khan still has to attain true greatness as an actor. "Twenty-five years from now, if all Shah Rukh Khan has to show for his talent and fame is 'Dilwale Dulhania LeJayenge' or 'Devdas', it would be tragic", the book says.

(About the book: SRK, King Khan by Deepa Gahlot, Roli Books, Pages 124, Price Rs. 495)

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Oct 3 2007, 09:31 AM
Post #44

Group Icon

When Shah Rukh Khan was left overwhelmed
03rd Oct 2007 09.01 IST
By Agencies

The gestures of his Bollywood colleagues recently left superstar Shah Rukh Khan overwhelmed.

SRK had personally requested most of the 40 stars (including filmmakers like Subhash Ghai , Rakesh Roshan ) to play themselves in his forthcoming film Om Shanti Om .

Out of the 40 stars, 30 of them, (including Sanjay Dutt , Saif Ali Khan and Salman Khan ) have participated in a song picturisation that’s on the lines of Manmohan Desai’s ‘Naseeb’ (1981) number that showed a Bollywood party with many top actors ( Dharmendra , Rajesh Khanna , Raj Kapoor , etc.) during that time playing themselves as guests at the party.

The other 10, including stars like Hrithik Roshan , Abhishek Bachchan and Akshay Kumar make appearances in the film during various scenes.

The King Khan was thrilled by the enthusiastic responses from all those he contacted to be a part of his film.

Since the stars obliged and did not even charge a single penny for their services, a grateful SRK decided to repay them with a special memento.

SRK has presented special gift hampers to them and he personally chose special items to be packed in this gift basket that resembled the gift hamper that Karan Johar gives on his television show, Koffee with Karan.

SRK designed a special basket which included the latest Nokia handset, a Tag Heuer watch, a gold coin, ‘Om Shanti Om’ CDs, T-shirts and a personal letter signed by director Farah Khan and him. He gave them the hampers on the eve of the music launch of his film.

Who said Bollywood is only about competition and rivalries?

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dimple
post Oct 4 2007, 10:05 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

SRKis Dish TV's brand ambassador

New Delhi: Dish TV, the Essel Group promoted DTH services provider, roped in Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan as its brand ambassador. The new campaign, featuring the actor, will be launched nationally this month, Dish TV said. The campaign will be simultaneously launched through a multi-media blitzkrieg across the country covering all media and promotional activities. Dish TV, which has about 2.3 million DTH subscribers, had recently announced an investment of Rs 800 crore in the next three years for its expansion, including marketing and advertising.

.."

IPB Image
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:41 AM