Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

It's Been Three Years...

, Update

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> It's Been Three Years..., Update
cYb0rG
post Oct 21 2006, 08:28 PM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hello Friends,

It's been three years since HF came into existence. We found that there were many loose ends that needed to be tied up. We've spent almost 1096 days on HF and we've seen so many scenes that seemed straight out of bollywood movies.

Changes:

Guidelines Updated: First and foremost, the old guidelines that lacked depth, is updated. The guidelines are effective from October 21, 2006. We need to abide by it. HF Guidelines is available at http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?act=boardrules

Withdrawl of attachments in Private Messages: There are so many attachments in private that almost amounts to 20% of the HF filesystem data. Many a times earlier we requested members to clean up their PM attachments. As an ethical discipline we do not go through private messages, hence this is put in place.

Media files post 2000: We can now post attachments that are released till year 2000. Post 2000 attachments cannot be posted on HF; they can be linked from 3rd party websites. Any attachments that are not hosted on HF will not affect your ratio.

Forum protection lifted: Due to few members in the past, Kishore Kumar and RDB forums were protected. The protection has been lifted for everybody's access.

Ratio in place: It was shocking to see bandwidth being misused to an abusive level by members. A minimum ratio of 0.5 has to be maintained. For every 1 MB uploaded, a member is entitled to download 2 MB. The ratio is calculated based on upload and download statistics of only 31 days. Any data transmitted over HF Radio or from 3rd party websites will not affect your ratio.

Angels group: Earlier trusted group members were comprised both of free and paid trusted members. We have now clearly seperated them. Angels group comprises of all those angels who pay for the server expenses. We members should thank them as due to them that ISP is not snatching away the HF server from us.

Color codes: The member ID's are now colorful. The member's displayed in green are our Angels. Members's displayed in blue are members. Member's displayed in red are Admins and member's displayed in black are guests/validating/banned.

Two days of my strenuous and arduous day and night has come to an end. It's been three years and let's see if we gonna see the 4th year.

Happy Diwali to you all. God bless and take care.

Regards,
Admin.

Don't show Me your attitude, I've enough of Mine.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:46 AM