Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
swarapriya
post Jul 30 2013, 01:13 PM
Post #391

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

Baiju Bawra (1952) - Post 4 of 6

Here are some of the instrumentals of the popular songs from the album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 30 2013, 01:21 PM
Post #392

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Baiju Bawra (1952) - Post 5 of 6

Here are instrumentals of the song "Mohe Bhool Gaye"...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 30 2013, 01:29 PM
Post #393

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Baiju Bawra (1952) - Post 6 of 6

This final post consists of some more instrumentals of the popular songs from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Sukesh Hoogan
post Jul 31 2013, 10:19 AM
Post #394

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10049

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Dec 13 2012, 01:48 PM) *

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Barsaat (1949)

Most of the following write up appeared in my earlier posting of songs from this film....

Raj Kapoor was just 25 year old when he made “Barsaat (1949)”. His first directorial venture, “Aag (1948)”, even though was not a financial success, established him as someone to whom people will be looking forward to in future movies for the style and showmanship that movie showed glimpses of. Raj didn’t disappoint his fans and critics.

“Barsaat” in more ways than one was trailblazing. It introduced a new actress to the Hindi screen, Nimmi. It was shot mostly outdoors in Kashmir and its surrounding places. It introduced a pair of music directors, Shankar & Jaikishan. It introduced a pair of lyricists, Shailendra & Hasrat Jaipuri. It catapulted Lata Mangeshkar, who sang 10 out of 11 songs (both solos and duets) in the movie that enabled her to compete for the number one female playback singer position with Geeta Roy who was the reigning singing nightingale at that time. It consolidated Nargis & Raj Kapoor as the hottest romantic pair of the Indian screen.

The music director Shankar had passion for tabla. Though he learnt fundamentals from known ustads of that time, it was through tireless practice and undeterred determination he was able to master fundamentals of good music. Jaikishan on the other hand loved playing harmonium. Shankar and Jaikishan met at a musical gathering and formed a strong bond of friendship even though Shankar was 10 years senior to Jaikishan. At that time Shankar was working for Prithvi Theater doing odd jobs including acting. He introduced Jaikishan to Prithviraj and was hired to work together with Shankar. They later worked as assistants to the music director duo Husnlal & Bhagatram. When Raj Kapoor was contemplating to make “Aag”, Prithviraj recommended to Raj to hire Shankar & Jaikishan for his picture. But Raj already signed Ram Ganguly to provide the music. Shankar & Jaikishan along with Dattaram assisted Ganguly in music for “Aag”. When the time came to film “Barsaat”, Raj decided to offer the music direction duties to Shankar & Jaikishan. With that the famous music team of Shankar & Jaikishan was born.

Hasrat Jaipuri was working as a bus conductor in Bombay while writing poetry in his spare time, as poetry was his passion. Prithviraj heard Hasrat recite some of his poems in a mushaira. Impressed, he introduced him to Raj who was launching “Barsaat”. His first recording was the song “Jiya Beqaraar Hai” the music for which was composed by Shankar. Jaikishan composed his second song, a duet, “Chhod Gaye Baalam”. Shailendra was a railway clerk in Bombay. Raj Kapoor first saw him in a public meeting where Shailendra was reciting his poems. Raj offered work for him on “Aag”. But Shailendra refused thinking he will not have creative freedom. But in a year things changed. Shailendra needed money and decided to approach Raj. Raj hired him to write songs for “Barsaat” along with Hasrat Jaipuri. He wrote two songs for the film; “Patli Kamar Hai” and the title song “Barsaat Mein”. This was the birth of the famous lyricist team of Shailendra & Hasrat Jaipuri.

The team of Shankar, Jaikishan, Hasrat Jaipuri, and Shailendra that came together to contribute their respective skills for “Barsaat” went on to make magnificent musical history by churning out one hit after another. The youthful exuberance and the effervescent blend of melody they brought to “Barsaat” continued to pervade their creations for nearly 30 years. A magnificent achievement by any standards!

I am uploading songs from this film in three back-to-back posts. The first post contains all songs from the film from an original soundtrack album. The second post contains some extended version songs and specials. The third post contains several instrumentals.

Here are the songs in the first post…

Correction

mujhe kisi se pyaar ho gayaa by Lata was penned by Jalal Malihabadi (and not by Hasrat Jaipuri).
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 31 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #395

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Sukesh Hoogan @ Jul 30 2013, 09:49 PM) *

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Barsaat (1949)

Correction

mujhe kisi se pyaar ho gayaa by Lata was penned by Jalal Malihabadi (and not by Hasrat Jaipuri).

Thanks Sukeshji for pointing out the error. Cheers.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Jul 31 2013, 12:37 PM
Post #396

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Anand Bakshi) Kala Samundar (1962)

I am uploading five songs from this fine album. It seems like I am missing at least two. These are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these or any other missing songs if they can. Thanks.

Here are the songs I have, including the chart buster "Meri Tasveer Le Kar"...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Jul 31 2013, 03:08 PM
Post #397

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1776

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 30 2013, 12:39 PM) *

(Shakeel) Baiju Bawra (1952)

Parts of the following write up appeared in one of my earlier postings of this film in this Forum...

Baiju Bawra's music was a milestone in the film industry. It may be the most magnificent music ever composed for a film. In every song there is genius of Naushadji. In every word there is richness of lyrics by Shakeel Badayuni Saab. And there is Rafi Saab's most magnificent voice elevated to a stage that nobody ever heard before or since then. The music of this film takes you on a journey to worlds never gone or experienced before. It is sweet & bitter, melodious & melancholic and heartwarming & heart wrenching. No wonder its music was chosen recently to commemorate 100 years of Indian Cinema as the “Album of the Century”. This is a worthy and great honour for some of the best ever music composed for a film.

Here is a brief description of some of the personalities associated with this great film (see the attachment below for pictures of these folks)…

Vijay Bhatt

“Baiju Bawra” was produced and directed by Vijay Bhatt. The critic S.M.M. Ausaja described Bhatt’s illustrious life and times as “a man’s kaleidoscopic journey towards achieving his creative nirvana”. That just about aptly describes in one simple statement this magnificent achievement that is “Baiju Bara”. Coming from humble beginnings, Vijay Bhatt and his older brother Shankarbhai Bhatt moved to Bombay seeking theater related work. Subsequently they ended up writing screenplays for movies. Soon after this they decided to establish their own studios. They called it “Prakash Studios” and started making movies under the banner “Prakash Pictures”.

The first movie they released in 1934 was called “Actress”. This was a huge success. Then they started making movies in both Hindi and Gujarati. Some of the movies they made were “Bombay Mail (1935)”, “Challenge (1936)”, “His Highness (1937)”, “State Express (1938)”, and “Bijli (1939)”. They launched a new hero, Zakaria Khan who was a police officer, renamed him Jayant (father of that great actor Amjad Khan of “Sholay (1975)” fame), in “Bombay Mail”. Jayant also starred in all subsequent movies of Prakash Pictures through 1939. Almost all these movies were financially successful.

Vijay Bhatt brought in Babubhai Mistry, a poster painter, to do trick shots for one of his movies called “Dreamland (1936)”. Bhatt made “Leatherface” in 1939 and introduced a child artiste named Mehajabeen. The child artiste grew up to be the great actress Meena Kumari.

When Bhatt visited Mahatma Gandhi at his ashram, Mahatma suggested that Bhatt make a movie on the Gujarati saint and poet Narsi Mehta. As a result he made “Narsi Bhagat” in 1940 both in Gujarati as well as Hindi. The movie became a huge hit. Buoyed by the success of “Narsi Bhagat” Bhatt decided to turn his attention to Hindu epics. He made several movies on Rama. These include “Bharat Milap (1942)”, “Ram Rajya (1943)”, “Rambaan (1948)”, and “Bal Ramayan (1956)”. Apparently “Ram Rajya” was the only movie Mahatma Gandhi ever saw in his entire life!

Vijay Bhatt also made historical or semi-historical dramas such as “Vikramaditya (1945)”, “Baiju Bawra (1952)”, “Shri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu (1954)”, and “Angulimala (1960)”.

Bhatt also gave a major break to Naushadji. Naushadji’s debut film “Prem Nagar (1940)” was not a success. He was looking for a break when he met Vijay Bhatt. Bhatt signed him for his movie “Mala (1941)” as the music director. Subsequently Naushadji also scored music for three other Bhatt’s movies; “Dushman (1941)”, “Station Master (1942)”, and “Baiju Bawra (1952)”.

Bhatt originally planned to have Nargis and Dilip Kumar to play the lead roles in “Baiju Bawra”. But both actors were so busy that they couldn’t accommodate dates for Bhatt. Meena Kumari, whom Bhatt introduced as a child star in “Leatherface” was making mostly B-grade movies such as costume dramas or mythological movies until “Baiju”. He decided to rope in Meenaji to play the lead and signed Bharat Bhushan to play the male lead opposite her.

Bhatt was also instrumental in giving a boost to the careers of Rajendra Kumar (“Goonj Uthi Shehnnai (1958)”) and Manoj Kumar (“Hariyali Aur Rasta (1962)”).

Vijay Bhatt was active making movies for a long time. His last directorial venture was “Heera Aur Patthar” made in 1977. He was 86 when he passed away in 1993.

Naushad

Naushad was already an established and a well-known music director by the time he was signed to provide music for “Baiju Bawra”. He already gave music to some 30+ movies by that time. Most of these movies had many popular songs that are remembered even today. In his lifetime Naushadji gave music to 74 movies. By the time he was signed up to provide music for “Baiju” he already had 43% of his career work completed. “Baiju Bawra” turned out to be his monumental achievement. He garnered Filmfare’s Best Music Director award for his work. It turns out that this was the only movie for which he got this award. Naushadji was a recipient of Padma Bhushan and Dada Saheb Phalke Awards.

Shakeel Badayuni

Shakeel Badayuni was a romantic lyricist at heart. When he was introduced to Naushadji in mid-1940’s he signed Shakeel Saab to write lyrics for his next movie, “Dard (1947)”. The songs of the movie became a huge success and Badayuni Saab arrived. In his lifetime, he wrote songs for about 60 plus movies, most of them for Naushadji. He received Filmfare award as the Best Lyricist three years in a row, in 1961 for “Chaudhvin Ka Chand”, in 1962 for “Gharana”, and in 1963 for “Bees Saal Baad”.

Ustad Amir Khan

Ustad Amir Khan who sang several beautiful classical songs in the movie acted as an advisor for Naushadji. Ustad was born in a family of musicians but as he grew older developed his own singing style. He had many disciples during his lifetime and was a recipient of Padma Bhushan and the Sangeet Natak Academy Awards.

D.V. Paluskar

D.V. Paluskar (known to his close friends as Bapurao), who was part of the jugalbandi with Ustad Amir Khan in “Baiju Bawra”, was a Hindustani classical vocalist and a bhajan singer. Considered a child prodigy, Paluskar passed away at the very young age of 34.

Meena Kumari

Meena Kumari turned her career around with “Baiju”. She received the Best Actress award from Filmfare for her role in the movie. She repeated this very next year with her performance in Bimal Roy’s “Parineeta (1953)”. She won the award twice more, one for the role of Chhoti Bahu in Guru Dutt’s “Sahib Bibi Aur Ghulam (1962)” and later for “Kaajal (1965)”. After “Baiju” there was no turning back for Meenaji. One after another she portrayed some magnificent roles and established herself as the queen of tragedy. Marred with personal life tragedies, she passed away at the young age of 39.

Bharat Bhushan

Bharat Bhushan struggled early as an actor but “Baiju” established himself as someone worth noticing. Even though he did manage to make an occasional good movie, such as “Basant Bahar (1956)” and “Mirza Ghalib (1954)”, Bhushan was never able to achieve the heights he scaled with “Baiju”.

It is the culmination of so many talented people that created this musical extravaganza called “Baiju Bawra” …

I am uploading songs from this great album and instrumentals of some of the songs from this album in six back-to-back posts. The first three posts contain songs from the film. The last three posts contain several instrumentals.

WOW !!!

bow.gif bow.gif bow.gif

USR

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Jul 31 2013, 11:55 PM
Post #398

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Jul 31 2013, 01:37 PM) *

I am uploading five songs from this fine album. It seems like I am missing at least two. These are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these or any other missing songs if they can. Thanks.

wow the system is set & as usual Swapriya is steady
here is one song from my collection from this film
enjoy
taiyab
kaala samunder-62-mohobbat karo to karo-rafi & asha-n dutta-sahir ludhyanvi-6.54 mins-192 br
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2013, 02:06 AM
Post #399

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Jul 31 2013, 11:25 AM) *

enjoy
taiyab
kaala samunder-62-mohobbat karo to karo-rafi & asha-n dutta-sahir ludhyanvi-6.54 mins-192 br

Thank you Taiyab. And as usual I can count on your assistance when needed. Cheers.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 1 2013, 01:16 PM
Post #400

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Hasrat Jaipuri) Anarkali (1953)

Songs from this beautiful album were recently uploaded in this very thread. These are available starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...4658&st=305

+Quote Post
Shaz110
post Aug 1 2013, 04:59 PM
Post #401

Group Icon

Member No.: 167983

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Jul 31 2013, 07:25 PM) *

enjoy
taiyab

Dear Taiyab jee, Please could you mail me this song. I would be most greatful. My ad is 'prince51214@hotmail.com'

Thanks in advance.

Shaz110

prince51214@hotmail.com
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Aug 1 2013, 08:57 PM
Post #402

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(Shaz110 @ Aug 1 2013, 05:59 PM) *

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Jul 31 2013, 07:25 PM) *

enjoy
taiyab

Dear Taiyab jee, Please could you mail me this song. I would be most greatful. My ad is 'prince51214@hotmail.com'

Thanks in advance.

Shaz110

sure
taiyab
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2013, 12:42 PM
Post #403

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Javed Akhtar) Mashaal (1984)

I am uploading songs from this album in two back-to-back posts. The first post contains all songs from the film. The second post contains an interview by Karan Johar with the director late Yash Chopraji.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 2 2013, 12:51 PM
Post #404

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Karan Johar Interviews Yash Chopra on "Mashaal (1984)"...

This post contains an interview given to Karan Johar by the director of the film, the late Yash Chopraji. Because of its length I split the file into three parts. To access the interview it is imperative that you please download all three parts. Downloading any one or two will not work.

Here are the three parts of the interview...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 3 2013, 01:28 PM
Post #405

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Majrooh) Miss Coca-Cola (1955)

It was in 1955 that Geeta Bali and Shammi Kapoor, the leading pair of this film, while shooting for "Rangeen Raaten" fell in love. After that when Shammi proposed to her, Bali was at first hesitant. She acted with Shammi's father in "Anand Math" in 1952 and with his older brother Raj in "Bawre Nian" in 1950 and was afraid that she will not be accepted in their family. But Shammi pressed on and the two got married in August 1955 in one of the Banganga temples near Mumbai. They kept their plans as a secret from their respective relatives.

Their marriage lasted only 10 years as Geeta passed away unexpectedly in 1965 but not before she molded the career of her husband from a so so actor to a sought after star.

Here are the songs from this film which paired Geeta & Shammi...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Aug 4 2013, 08:25 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 25 26 27 28 29 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:13 AM