Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Remembering Geeta Ji On Her Death Anniversary

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remembering Geeta Ji On Her Death Anniversary
parag_sankla
post Jul 21 2010, 02:22 AM
Post #31

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6005

A tribute by Alpana Varma ji

'गीता दत्त--एक सितारा जो आज भी जगमगा रहा है

http://merekuchhgeet.blogspot.com/2010/07/blog-post_19.html

Please visit www.geetadutt.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jul 21 2010, 03:46 AM
Post #32

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

An excellent video tribute on YT

In Memory of a great Legend Geeta Dutt 23 November 1930 -- 20 July 1972

Thanks Suhanee ji

+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jul 21 2010, 03:51 AM
Post #33

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Some nice comments on this video:

1)
Pictures of GD in a family setting coupled with her exceptionally sweet and crisp voice make this video a standout presentation. One gets a glimpse of this icon from a closer ground, making it possible to applaud and appreciate her talents even better. Very nice tribute to GD which she deserved every inch of way.

2)
Geeta Dutt was always superb. Whether she entrusted with one song in a film but that becomes super duper hit and surpas all other songs of the film. People recognize and remember the film on that particular song. For example film Bhai Bhai is remembered for song "Aye dil mujhe batade thoo kis pe aagaya hay" and film Sharth is in our memory for song "Na ye chand hoga na tare rahenge".

3)
Outstanding!.... Jaata kahan hey deewaane....OMG. Look at the voice....Look at the music...All Gold.
Geeta has an inbuilt sadness in her voice...even the happy songs have a tinge of sadness..... Absolutely great! ....Waqt ne kia kiya haseen sitam. Thanks Suhanee for this unforgettable treat......Wonderful upload.

4)
It is pleasant surprise to see tribute to legendary singer. In fact I was not aware of her date of death. This sort of paying tributes will go a long way in the annals of YouTube. I have gone through all those songs and visuals in the presentation with much feelings. There is no second opinion of her talent; but I go a step further. I always look her story from humanistic angle; here I have a feeling that she was a victim of circumstances and suffered a lot. Great loss to family and industry.

5)
Geeta Dutt ji's husky voice with oomf. makes her unique singer. Here each and every song is beautiful and has made her legend.
Suhanee ji your presentation of this collection of songs for medly of Geeta ji's songs is very impressive .The rare pictures are also treat to eyes. I spacially like at 4.44 when she is standing in front of Guru Dutt ji's photoframe.
Thanks for your efforts for this creation

6)
Oh, what a pleasant surprise to see this tribute to Geeta Dutt ! Manna Dey described her voice as the sound of sweet little bells , especially when she sings lively songs or bhajans. The only other voice that, though quite different in other qualities , gives a similar bell-like impression is that of Juthika Roy as Professor Zaidi once correctly indicated . In serious songs, GD draws upon other kinds of sweetness, difficult to capture in words but invariably irresistible. Thanks, Suhanee.

7)
Great pictures all, several new to me. The ones I especially love are of GD and Meena Kumari greeting each other, with K. Asif in the middle ; of GD with Meena Kapoor and Lataji; of GD with Moh'd Rafi's family; and of GD , Guru Dutt and their two sons, the sons cutely draped over the dad's back and shoulders. They look like cherished kids. Such glimpses of our movie icons in their off-screen, normal human settings are priceless.

+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jul 21 2010, 06:38 AM
Post #34

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Please tune in to HF radio for the special program ..

+Quote Post
smahesh
post Jul 21 2010, 09:27 AM
Post #35

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jul 19 2010, 09:06 PM) *

Hi friends

On the eve of her death anniversary, we have posted an exclusive video of living legend Manna Dey ji talking to the team of http://www.geetadutt.com.
Please see the video

Thanks to our friends (Subir Biswas, Venkat , Yogesh, Mrs Chhabi Naag) for making this happen.

Best Regards
Geeta Dutt fans team

parag,
thanks a ton for posting the interview.
Thanks to Subir Biswas, Venkat , Yogesh, Mrs Chhabi Naag for the great effort.
wish we can have views of other living legends who have worked with geetaji like mubarak begum,sudha malhotra,khayyam etc.
manna deyji also gave information about geetaji singing two rabindra sangeet songs.

regards,
mahesh

regards,
+Quote Post
smahesh
post Jul 21 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #36

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36984

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Jul 20 2010, 11:10 AM) *

QUOTE(abhayp @ Jul 20 2010, 08:51 AM) *

- When Manna De says "she worked for me as Assistant Music Director," does he mean she sang for him when he was an Asst MD, or that she was an Asst MD to him? I am assuming it was the former, but am curious if there is a chance that the latter is true!

It's a slight issue with subtitling. From whatever little I can understand Bengali, I think he is saying that "she sang for me (when I was) a MD and Asst. MD" Of course, native Bengali speakers can be more precise.

Aditya

manna dey seems to be referring to her assisting him for a rabindra jayanti function where she sang two rabindra sangeet songs too.
she might have assisted him in films like jaan-pehchaan too.in mid sixties she was signed for a couple of films as a music director which unfortunately were shelved.

regards,
mahesh
+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jul 21 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #37

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks Mahesh for your valuable inputs. Its all the good work done by Subir and Venkat to make this interview happen.

Best Regards
Parag

+Quote Post
simplefable
post Jul 22 2010, 10:17 AM
Post #38

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 20340

Parag, needless to say you were the catalyst all along. Subir did a wonderful job of getting the interview from the Maestro Manna Da...I was just the man for the moment.
Mahesh bhai, thanks a lot for this fine suggestion..Think we should work on this too.

QUOTE(smahesh @ Jul 21 2010, 09:27 AM) *

wish we can have views of other living legends who have worked with geetaji like mubarak begum,sudha malhotra,khayyam etc.

After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

"Waqt ne kiya...Kya haseen sitm...Tum rahe na tum..Hum rahe na hum.."

geetadutt

noorjehan

shamshadbegum

Anmol Fankaar
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Jul 22 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #39

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(smahesh @ Jul 21 2010, 09:37 AM) *

manna dey seems to be referring to her assisting him for a rabindra jayanti function where she sang two rabindra sangeet songs too.

I don't think Manna dey is implying that at all.

+Quote Post
parag_sankla
post Jul 22 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #40

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(parag_sankla @ Jul 19 2010, 11:28 PM) *

Our friend Shri Abhay Jain ji does a radio program every week on internet. Here is information from him:

My next show (2 hour) will be on Geeta Dutt. I do take on air requests as well as in advance.
Request can be sent to abhay@radiodil.com.

My radio show (mostly old songs) on Thursdays, from 7-9 PM EDT.

How to listen:

1) On internet: Go to http://radiodil.com Click on Listen Live.
OR
Direct link is
http://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/listen/dy...tation=radiodil

2) Free on phone: Dial 408-418-5000.

3) Mobile phones

iPhone/iPod Touch
Download and install the free application called 'MAINSTEEAM RADIO' from the App Store. Search for radiodil..

URL: mms://wms1.mainstreamnetwork.com/radiodil

Windows Mobile: Streaming URL's
mms://wms1.mainstreamnetwork.com/radiodil
rtsp://wms1.mainstreamnetwork.com/radiodil
http://wms1.mainstreamnetwork.com/radiodil
Blackberry 9000 Series (software version 4.5 and higher)
BlackBerry supports Windows Media streams over RTSP in version 4.3.0 for CDMA and WiFi transports; support for EDGE was added into version 4.5.0. Currently only the Blackberry Tour 9630, Storm2 9520 & 9550, Storm 9500 & 9530 support the streaming of Windows Media streams using the built in player.
Streaming URL: rtsp://wms1.mainstreamnetwork.com/radiodil
Blackberry 8000 Series (Curve & others), Android/G1 & other Mobile Phones
For the Blackberry model's that do not directly support streaming, as well as other mobile devices, users may be able to listen by going using http://www.moodio.fm. With Moodio you can add streams to their directory and then play them on your mobile phone by going to htp://m.moodio.fm.
Moodio (blackberry OS 4.5 or higher required)

1. Go to www.moodio.fm from your phone
2. Click "create new account" and create an account (it's free)
3. click "stations" on the left
4. type "RADIODIL" in the box under "name"
5. click "apply" to the right of the box
6. scroll down and click "add" below "my stations" to the right of "RADIODIL"
7. open "m.moodio.fm" on your mobile phone
8. Log in
9. Listen!

Palm Devices
Must have pTunes (Pocket Tunes) installed. Most new Palm devices have this pre-installed.

Streaming URL: mms://wms1.mainstreamnetwork.com/radiodil

Please tune in.

Abhay ji has informed me that this week's radio program has been called off since he is not feeling well.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:03 AM