Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Last Legend

, mahendra kapoor

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Last Legend, mahendra kapoor
RafiKiAwaaz
post Feb 15 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #46

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1855

I recentaly saw Mahendra Kapoor on stage here in California. He came here for a charity show, the MAN still has a great voice and still sounds great when he sings or tried to sing his immortal songs like "Chalo Ek Baar Phir Se" and "Mere Desh KI Dharti" etc. But my friends, the man is so sick that he had to be carried on stage by his muscians and his son. I feel that his time has come and he is coming to his near end. He could hardly stand by himself and he could not sing for too long, he doesn't have any stamina to carry those great tunes. This may have been my luckiest moment to see him for the last time. I wish him long life!!!
RafiKiAwaaz
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ANT6
post Feb 21 2006, 05:14 AM
Post #47

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 783

DAKU AUR MAHATMA 1976

Another gem by Mahendra Kapoor..........this one is a truet with Jaspal Singh & Hemlata with chorus
8 min 30
Hansti ankhon ko jisne ansoo diye hai use maaf kabhi na karna
jisme jeene ke sahare cheen liye hai use maaf kabhi na karna
Use maaf kabhi na karenge hum badla leke rahenge

ANT6

KISI NE KAHA HAI MERE DOSTO
BURA MAT SUNO BURA MAT DEKHO BURA MAT KAHO
+Quote Post
sri
post Mar 31 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #48

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2760

QUOTE(RafiKiAwaaz @ Feb 15 2006, 10:17 PM) *
I recently saw Mahendra Kapoor on stage here in California. He came here for a charity show, the MAN still has a great voice and still sounds great when he sings or tried to sing his immortal songs like "Chalo Ek Baar Phir Se" and "Mere Desh KI Dharti" etc. But my friends, the man is so sick that he had to be carried on stage by his muscians and his son. RafiKiAwaaz

that's very sad indeed that he's not keeping well !!! but, very sporting of him to come on stage and sing .....despite his ailment !! may his health improve.

Sri

"Jis din is duniya se nafrat aur khudgarzi mit jaayegi, us roz yeh insaan naachega, us roz yeh dharti gaayegi" - Rajinder Krishan (Maa baap 1959)
+Quote Post
unni
post Mar 31 2006, 10:57 PM
Post #49

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

If the info from the web is accurate, Mahendra Kapoor would be 72 years of age (and Manna Dey would be 86).

Although by then his name was recognized, having had some popular songs to his credit, I particularly remember the days when Mahendra Kapoor made a special impact with the songs of "GUMRAH". Casual listeners mistook it for the voice of Mohd. Rafi when "Aap Aayein Tho Khayaalein Dil-e-Nashaad Aaya" was broadcast.

Two duets, "Pyar Ki Baat Nigahon Se Jataya Na Karo" (G. S. Kohli - ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD) and "Kahaan Se Laayi Ho Jaaneman Yeh" (O. P.Nayyar - DIL AUR MOHABBAT) and the solo "Aaj ki Raat Nahin" (N. Dutta - DHARMPUTRA) are among my favourite songs of Mahendra Kapoor.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
haneef
post Jun 9 2006, 12:21 AM
Post #50

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 5938

I totally agree with you Unni Ji
Two songs of Mahendra Kapoor sounds so much like Rafi Sahab
Aankhon Mein Qayamat Ke kajal Hoton Pe Gazab Ki laali hai
Aap Aaye Toh Khayaal E Dil E Nashaad Aaya

But wasn't he the Shagird of Rafi Sahab....so I guess his singing style was similar to that of Rafi Sahab.

Haneef
+Quote Post
usrafian
post Jun 13 2006, 09:59 AM
Post #51

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 1776

Dear Friends,

Pl also remember Rafi's Love for Mahendra Kapoor. Rafi Sahab adopted Mahendra-Style in

Film - Aaj aur Kal
Ravi/Sahir...

Ye Vaadiyaaan Ye Fizaayen Bula Rahin Hain Tumhen
Khaamoshiyon Ki Sadaaayen Bula Rahin Hain Tumhen
bow.gif

Mesmorizing, isn't it ?

USR

Dil Shaad Tha Ke Phool Khilenge Bahaar Mein
Maaraa Gaya Garib Isee Aitbaar Mein
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:01 PM