Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
swarapriya
post Sep 16 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #196

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Meena) Laxmi Narayan (1951)

I am uploading three songs from this album. Quality of these songs is just so so. These songs are by the courtesy of the Forum members. The missing numbers are shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share them with rest of us. Thanks.

Here are the three songs ...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rushin
post Sep 17 2009, 09:35 AM
Post #197

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 22828

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 14 2009, 07:19 AM) *

(Madhubala) Madhubala (1950)

I have only four songs from this album. If any of you have more songs from this album, please kindly share. Thanks.

Here are the four songs, all by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

Here is one more song. Recording quality is very poor and members are encouraged to upload better version.

96 Kbps / MP3 / duration in file name

R
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 18 2009, 05:39 AM
Post #198

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rushin @ Sep 16 2009, 09:05 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 14 2009, 07:19 AM) *

(Madhubala) Madhubala (1950)

I have only four songs from this album. If any of you have more songs from this album, please kindly share. Thanks.

Here are the four songs, all by the courtesy of the Forum members ...

Here is one more song. Recording quality is very poor and members are encouraged to upload better version.

96 Kbps / MP3 / duration in file name

Thanks for the song, Rushin.
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 19 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #199

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Nargis) Barsaat (1949)

Following write up was included when I uploaded these songs earlier in my “Raj Kapoor” thread. I went back to visit this and found it is still very appropriate. I am including most of that write up here …

Raj Kapoor was just 25 year old when he made “Barsaat (1949)”. His first directorial venture, “Aag (1948)”, even though was not a financial success, established him as someone to whom people will be looking forward to in future movies for the style and showmanship that movie showed glimpses of. Raj didn’t disappoint his fans and critics.

“Barsaat” in more ways than one was trailblazing. It introduced a new actress to the Hindi screen, Nimmi. It was shot mostly outdoors in Kashmir and its surrounding places. It introduced a pair of music directors, Shankar & Jaikishan. It introduced a pair of lyricists, Shailendra & Hasrat Jaipuri. It catapulted Lata Mangeshkar, who sang 10 out of 11 songs (both solos and duets) in the movie that enabled her to compete for the number one female playback singer position with Geeta Roy who was the reigining singing nightingale at that time. It consolidated Nargis & Raj Kapoor as the hottest romantic pair of the Indian screen.

The music director Shankar had passion for tabla. Though he learnt fundamentals from known ustads of that time, it was through tireless practice and undeterred determination he was able to master fundamentals of good music. Jaikishan on the other hand loved playing harmonium. Shankar and Jaikishan met at a musical gathering and formed a strong bond of friendship even though Shankar was 10 years senior to Jaikishan. At that time Shankar was working for Prithvi Theater doing odd jobs including acting. He introduced Jaikishan to Prithviraj and was hired to work together with Shankar. They later worked as assistants to the music director duo Husnlal & Bhagatram. When Raj Kapoor was contemplating to make “Aag”, Prithviraj recommended to Raj to hire Shankar & Jaikishan for his picture. But Raj already signed Ram Ganguly to provide the music. Shankar & Jaikishan along with Dattaram assisted Ganguly in music for “Aag”. When the time came to film “Barsaat”, Raj decided to offer the music direction duties to Shankar & Jaikishan. That is how the famous music team of Shankar & Jaikishan was born.

Hasrat Jaipuri was working as a bus conductor in Bombay while writing poetry in his spare time, as poetry was his passion. Prithviraj heard Hasrat recite some of his poems in a mushaira. Impressed, he introduced him to Raj who was launching “Barsaat”. His first recording was the song “Jiya Beqaraar Hai” the music for which was composed by Shankar. Jaikishan composed his second song, a duet, “Chhod Gaye Baalam”. Shailendra was a railway clerk in Bombay. Raj Kapoor first saw him in a public meeting where Shailendra was reciting his poems. Raj offered work for him on “Aag”. But Shailendra refused thinking he will not have creative freedom. But in a year things changed. Shailendra needed money and decided to approach Raj. Raj hired him to write songs for “Barsaat” along with Hasrat Jaipuri. He wrote two songs for the film; “Patli Kamar Hai” and the title song “Barsaat Mein”. This was the birth of the famous lyricist team of Shailendra & Hasrat Jaipuri.

The team of Shankar, Jaikishan, Hasrat Jaipuri, and Shailendra that came together to contribute their respective skills for “Barsaat” went on to make magnificent musical history by churning out one hit after another. The youthful exuberance and the effervescent blend of melody they brought to “Barsaat” continued to pervade their creations for nearly 30 years. A magnificent achievement by any standards!

There are 11 songs in this movie. Each one of them was a super hit. Except for a solo by Rafi Saab, all other songs were done by Lata ji that includes two duets with Mukesh. I am also uploading extended versions of three songs. These are by the courtesy of the Forum membership. Lata had couple of CDs that were recorded during some of her live performances. I am including “Barsaat Mein” from this album. This isn’t much different from the original song except you can hear the crowd applauding in the beginning and in the end. I am also including another version of “Jiya Beqaraar Hai” with Manoj Kumar’s introduction in praise of Raj. This is from the “Legends: Raj Kapoor - The Showman (CD1)” album.

Now for details of songs from “Barsaat” and the songs themselves …

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 25 2009, 03:33 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 19 2009, 02:13 AM
Post #200

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Songs of "Barsaat (1949)" Continued ...

I am including here three extended versions of the original songs. These are all by the courtesy of the Forum members. Thank you. I am also including "Barsaat Mein Hum Se Mile Tum" a live version of Lata. The song is the same as the orginal one uploaded in my Post 1 except here you can hear audience cheering before the song starts and at the end of the song. Also included is the song "Jiya Beqaraar Hai" with Manoj Kumar's introduction where he pays glowing tributes to Raj. This is about 28 seconds and it is followed by the actual song. This tribute and the song is from the "Legends: Raj Kapoor - The Showman (CD1)" album.

Here are these songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 19 2009, 02:15 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 24 2009, 08:36 AM
Post #201

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Madhubala) Nirala (1950)

Here is a fine album by C. Ramchandra. Almost through late 50's and even into early 60's Chitalkar was phenomenally successful in composing hit songs. This album also has some nice songs. Most of these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum mebers. Others came from a DVD. It appears that I am missing one song shown in red italics in the table below. If this is the case, and if you happen to have it, pleas kindly share with us.

Quality of some of the songs is really poor. Especially the song "Dil Mein Kisi Ke" has not only some skips but its sound quality is also very poor. I am including here to ensure that the uplaod is almost complete. Anyways, here are the songs ...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 24 2009, 10:54 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Aditya Pant
post Sep 24 2009, 09:04 AM
Post #202

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 54382

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 24 2009, 08:36 AM) *

Here is a fine album by C. Ramchandra. Almost through late 50's and even into early 60's Chitalkar was phenomenally successful in composing hit songs. This album also has some nice songs. Most of these songs are by the courtesy of the Forum mebers. Others came from a DVD. It appears that I am missing one song shown in red italics in the table below. If this is the case, and if you happen to have it, pleas kindly share with us.

Quality of some of the songs is really poor. Especially the song "Dil Mein Kisi Ke" has not only some skips but its sound quality is also very poor. I am including here to ensure that the uplaod is almost complete. Anyways, here are the songs ...

Zor Lagake and Tooti Phooti Gadi are one and the same song.

And here is the complete version of Dil Mein Kisi Ke
Dil Mein Kisi Ke Rehna Ho - Nirala 1950 - Shamshad Chitalkar - C Ramchandra - 128 - 03:20

Aditya

This post has been edited by Aditya Pant: Sep 24 2009, 09:12 AM

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 24 2009, 10:56 AM
Post #203

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Aditya Pant @ Sep 23 2009, 08:34 PM) *

Zor Lagake and Tooti Phooti Gadi are one and the same song.

And here is the complete version of Dil Mein Kisi Ke
Dil Mein Kisi Ke Rehna Ho - Nirala 1950 - Shamshad Chitalkar - C Ramchandra - 128 - 03:20

Aditya

Thanks Aditya for the full song. Also I made changes to the table to reflect your suggestions. My apologies to the member who already uploaded both these songs. Thanks a bunch again, Aditya. Cheers. -Swarapriya

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 24 2009, 10:58 AM
+Quote Post
kamalamohanty
post Sep 24 2009, 02:00 PM
Post #204

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8424

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Sep 24 2009, 08:36 AM) *

Swarapriya,

Here is the missing song of NIRALA 50

"Ho Bajoo Bajoo Mera Dil"

Singer:Chitalkar
Lyrics:P L Santoshi
MD:C Ramchandra

Bit Rate:128kbps
Format:MP3
Duration:0:03:02

Kamala Mohanty
+Quote Post
kadri420
post Sep 24 2009, 03:32 PM
Post #205

Group Icon

Member No.: 124221

Madhubala - Saiyyan (1951)
Music : Sajjad Hussain
Lyrics : Rajendar Krishan, Hasrat Jaipuri & DN Madhok

all songs mp3 @ 128 kbps

1. hawa me dil dole - lata - 2.57 mins

2. kaali kaali raat re - lata - 3.14 mins

3. khayalon me tum ho - lata - 4.18 mins

4. kismat me khushi ka naam - lata - 3.25 mins

5. meri jaan mohabbat karo - lata - 3.15 mins

6. us paar is deewar ke - rafi - 3.33 mins

one more song to go
+Quote Post
kadri420
post Sep 24 2009, 03:38 PM
Post #206

Group Icon

7. woh raat din - lata
3.16 mins - 128 kbps - mp3

This post has been edited by kadri420: Sep 24 2009, 03:57 PM
+Quote Post
Faraaj73
post Sep 24 2009, 04:02 PM
Post #207

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(kadri420 @ Sep 24 2009, 08:02 PM) *

Why not let Swarapriya introduce the film, with her usual illuminating write-ups and request any missing songs?

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
+Quote Post
kadri420
post Sep 24 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #208

Group Icon

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Sep 24 2009, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(kadri420 @ Sep 24 2009, 08:02 PM) *

Why not let Swarapriya introduce the film, with her usual illuminating write-ups and request any missing songs?

Faaraj ji

Swarapriya's introduction & write up is most welcome for the uploaded movie

kadri
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 24 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #209

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(kamalamohanty @ Sep 24 2009, 01:30 AM) *

Swarapriya,

Here is the missing song of NIRALA 50

"Ho Bajoo Bajoo Mera Dil"

Singer:Chitalkar
Lyrics:P L Santoshi
MD:C Ramchandra

Bit Rate:128kbps
Format:MP3
Duration:0:03:02

Kamala Mohanty

Thank you very much Kamala. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Sep 24 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #210

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(kadri420 @ Sep 24 2009, 03:08 AM) *

7. woh raat din - lata
3.16 mins - 128 kbps - mp3

Thank you very much Kadriji for sharing these songs. Appreciate the help. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post

64 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:03 PM