Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Ustad Amanat Ali Khan

, a new thread in his respect

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ustad Amanat Ali Khan, a new thread in his respect
anurag
post Jul 20 2004, 09:49 AM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 550

I want to start a new thread in respect of Ustad Amanat Ali Khan who passed away two years back and whose sedate singing lured many hearts around the world. I'll post two of his popular ghazals to begin with...

Taken from: http://www.musicalnirvana.com/hindustani/a...t_ali_khan.html
Ustad Amanat Ali Khan and Ustad Fateh Ali khan (19??-19??), (b.1935) Profile

Ustad Amanat Ali Khan and Ustad Fateh Ali khan are great Patiala gharana singers based in Pakistan. Before the untimely death of Amanat Ali Khan, they used to sing together. Later Ustad Fateh Ali khan took over the mantle and became one of the most important Hindustani singers living in Pakistan.

Amanat Ali Khan and Fateh Ali khan were the sons of Akhtar Husain Khan and grandsons of Ali Bux Khan, the founder of Patiala Gharana. They started giving concerts at an early age and were recognized as court musicians of the Patiala king.

After independence, the brothers decided to migrate to Pakistan. Their concerts on Radio Lahore were quite popular and they toured the whole sub continent giving concerts and became the representatives of Patiala gharana in Pakistan. After the tragic demise of the elder brother Amanat Ali Khan, Fateh Ali Khan was so shocked that he gave up singing for a few years. Later, Fateh Ali Khan took up singing again, pairing with younger brother Amjad Ali Khan and later with nephew Amjad Amanat Ali Khan. Like all other Hindustani musicians migrating to Pakistan, Amanat Ali Khan and Fateh Ali Khan have also explored light classical forms like thumri and ghazals.

Ustad Fateh Ali Khan has also tried to popularize Hindustani music in the west, extensively touring US and Europe. Recently he has been working with Norwegian government promoting Indian classical music there. He has also worked with well known Norwegian saxophonist Jan Gabarek.

They were conferred the "Pride Of Performance" medal by the government of Pakistan.

-Anurag

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
anurag
post Jul 20 2004, 09:52 AM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Hothon pe kabhee unke mera naam hee aaye.. a beautiful track by Amanat Ali Khan

Socrates said, "The unexamined life is not worth living". I fear if I examined it, then according to Heisenberg uncertainty principle it would somehow change. After all, we are just particles.
+Quote Post
anurag
post Jul 20 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #3

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

"Ishan jee ab tum kooch karo.."..

anurag

+Quote Post
extenok
post Jul 31 2004, 08:11 AM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 33

Yeh Na Thi Hamari Qismat 4:38
mp3PRO 32kbps, 22khz

zindagi ne kar diya, jab bhi udaas
aa gaye ghabra ke hum, manzil ke paas
sar jhukaaya, sar jhuka kar ro diye
+Quote Post
sanjivirs
post Sep 3 2004, 02:47 PM
Post #5

Unregistered

please upload if you can maine yaar ko or yyaar ne mujhe sone na diya by the great mastero.

anu bhai i find it much better than the same song sung by chitra singh.

regards

sanjiv
+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 3 2004, 10:06 PM
Post #6

Unregistered

QUOTE(sanjivirs @ Sep 3 2004, 02:47 PM)
please upload if you can maine yaar ko or yyaar ne mujhe sone na diya  by  the great mastero.

anu bhai  i find it much better than the same  song sung by chitra singh.

regards

sanjiv

i have that track with excellent bitrate in mp3 format, ripped it with my own bare hands (and a dell keyboard & mouse tongue.gif)

my dsl will be installed on sunday, and i'll try and post it asap.

anybody got any classical ragas by these two great ustaads? i have read that they were very famous, but all i can find are two three cds of ustaad amanat ali khan's ghazals, and an album called "ragas and sagas" by ustaad fateh ali, with a western touch (forgot the guy's name).

it will be a HUGE favor. guys? gals?? anyone??? unsure.gif
+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 4 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

and an album called "ragas and sagas" by ustaad fateh ali, with a western touch (forgot the guy's name).

The name you are looking for is Garbarek. Excellent album!

+Quote Post
Inaam
post Sep 4 2004, 06:43 PM
Post #8

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 187

QUOTE(Wehshee @ Sep 3 2004, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE(sanjivirs @ Sep 3 2004, 02:47 PM)
please upload if you can maine yaar ko or yyaar ne mujhe sone na diya  by  the great mastero.

anu bhai  i find it much better than the same  song sung by chitra singh.

regards

sanjiv

i have that track with excellent bitrate in mp3 format, ripped it with my own bare hands (and a dell keyboard & mouse tongue.gif)

my dsl will be installed on sunday, and i'll try and post it asap.

anybody got any classical ragas by these two great ustaads? i have read that they were very famous, but all i can find are two three cds of ustaad amanat ali khan's ghazals, and an album called "ragas and sagas" by ustaad fateh ali, with a western touch (forgot the guy's name).

it will be a HUGE favor. guys? gals?? anyone??? unsure.gif

Annu, I have some of his classical stuff but unfortunatly on audio tapes.. and aaj kal I am unable to convert the tapes into mp3 files.. because mera music syestem out of order hai... but I promise.. jaise hi theek hoga.. I will upload.

I have 'Kab aao gay', very famous thumri of Amanat Ali in mp3 format, if u dont have it, I can upload it for you right now.
+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 4 2004, 07:39 PM
Post #9

Unregistered

yeah garbarek.. that was it..

no i have "kab aao gey", i was looking for other classical stuff, ofcourse if you upload it after ure music system is fixed.. it'll be indeed very nice, if possible, can u plz let me (us) know what u have?

thanx.

+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 6 2004, 09:27 AM
Post #10

Unregistered

as promised..

yaar ko maine mujhe yaar ne soney na diya.

although its not one of my personal favorites.. but its nice. very composed for a singer of ustaad amanat's calibre...

Enjoy.
+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 6 2004, 09:33 AM
Post #11

Unregistered

this one is my all time favorite...

thumri "kab aao gey" in raga bhairavi by the great maestros.. good mp3 quality too

listen to this friends.. its worth it.

+Quote Post
Wehshee
post Sep 6 2004, 09:36 AM
Post #12

Unregistered

mausam badla rut gadrai, ehl-e-junoon bebaak huey
+Quote Post
sanjivirs
post Sep 6 2004, 09:53 AM
Post #13

Unregistered

Thanks Wehshee, for uploading maine yaar ko yaar ne mujhko . liked the others ones uploaded by you too.
thanks

sanjiv
+Quote Post
anurag
post Sep 6 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #14

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Wehshee, great uploads. I am listening to the thumri and it's fantastic. thumbs-up.gif

Thanks.

+Quote Post
sanjivirs
post Sep 6 2004, 10:48 AM
Post #15

Unregistered

anurag can you upload some more .yeh dil maange more

regards
sanjiv
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 01:49 PM