Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Three Reigning Queens

, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis

64 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Three Reigning Queens, Albums of Madhubala, Meena Kumari & Nargis
Faraaj73
post Aug 11 2009, 01:49 PM
Post #16

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 58864

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 11 2009, 04:15 AM) *

(Madhubala) Basant (1942)

This was Madhubala's first movie as a child artiste. She used her real name Baby Mumtaz for the movie. The music for this movie was credited to Pannalal Ghosh. Apparently it was Anil Biswas who composed the music. May be some of our expert members can elaborate on this.

Thanks to a friend of mine, I was able to secure most of the songs for this movie. Unfortunately the quality is so terrible, I have decided not to upload them. Only two songs have better quality. I will upload these. I am giving the complete listings of the songs below. If anyone is interested, I can upload the other songs.

Here is a description of the songs from which I am uploading "Hua Kya Qasoor" and "kaanta Laagi". Rest of the songs are available on request ...

Hi Swarapriya

I have all the Basant (1942) songs uploaded so far and the quality is good. If BC, Taiyab53 or your u/l's lack in quality on any song, please let me know...my version should hopefully be better...

Humko Hain Pyaari must've been a duet of Parul Ghosh (the family connection between Pannalal and Anil Biswas biggrin.gif ) and Madhu Bala. Madhubala's the one singing off-key!!! It is highly likely that Anil Biswas composed for Basant (1942) and Police (1944) but could not take the screen credit because of a quota on number of films. That was a busy period for him working on superhit albums like Kismat (most successful film in indian cinematic history adjusted for inflation), Dilip Kumar's debut Jwar Bhata and Mehboob Khan's Roti.

I'm uploading three songs from Basant not uploaded so far...quality is fine...the Parul Ghosh, Arun Kumar duet Ek Duniya Basa Le is very good...by the way, I always enjoy your threads....just not in the habit of adding to the tumult of praise when its already well recognised...

1942 Basant - Parul Ghosh - Umeed Unse Kya Thi-pannalal ghosh 3m 19s 192kbps mp3
1942 Basant - Parul Ghosh, Arun Kumar - Aaya Basant Sakhi Birha Ka Ant-pannalal ghosh 4m 42s 128kbps mp3
1942 Basant - Parul Ghosh, Arun Kumar - Ek Duniya Basa Le Mere Man-pannalal ghosh 2m 20s 128kbps mp3

Kind Regards
Faraaj

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent. - Victor Hugo

There is only one better thing than music - live music. - Jacek Bukowski

I hate music, especially when it's played. - Jimmy Durante

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible. - W. H. Auden
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
amwhouthinkiam
post Aug 11 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 65650

This is a great initiative. Look forward to your uploading the songs. Wondering if you will be uploading songs from Dhake Ki Malmal.

Best regards

Prashant
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Aug 11 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #18

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 11 2009, 12:06 PM) *

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Aug 10 2009, 12:44 PM) *

friends here are some more songs from this film.
one of them is the song sung by MADHUBALA JI in her own chidish voice
ENJOY
taiyab53
1)mere chhote se man main-madhubala-1.26 mins-192 br-pannalal ghosh
2)tumko mubarak ho--humko hain pyaari hamari-3.21 mins-192 br-parul ghosh-pannalal ghosh-pl snatoshi
3)balam dheere bol koi sun lega-42-basant-pannalal ghosh-parul ghosh & arun -3.06 mins-128 br
4)gori mose ganga ke paar milna-42-basant-pannalal ghosh-parul ghosh & arun kumar-pyarelal santoshi-3.35 mins-128 br

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response. Like I said in my write up, I already have these songs but they are not of good quality. Before I download these songs, can you give us a clue about the source of these songs and how good their quality is? I hope you don't mind for asking this question.

Thanks and cheers,
Swarapriya

two songs from HF members BUT cleaned (sound quality good)
2 from Ytube rip (sound cleaned).
taiyab53
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Aug 11 2009, 05:09 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 11 2009, 02:49 PM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 11 2009, 04:15 AM) *

This was Madhubala's first movie as a child artiste. She used her real name Baby Mumtaz for the movie. The music for this movie was credited to Pannalal Ghosh. Apparently it was Anil Biswas who composed the music. May be some of our expert members can elaborate on this.

Thanks to a friend of mine, I was able to secure most of the songs for this movie. Unfortunately the quality is so terrible, I have decided not to upload them. Only two songs have better quality. I will upload these. I am giving the complete listings of the songs below. If anyone is interested, I can upload the other songs.

Here is a description of the songs from which I am uploading "Hua Kya Qasoor" and "kaanta Laagi". Rest of the songs are available on request ...

Hi Swarapriya

I have all the Basant (1942) songs uploaded so far and the quality is good. If BC, Taiyab53 or your u/l's lack in quality on any song, please let me know...my version should hopefully be better...

Humko Hain Pyaari must've been a duet of Parul Ghosh (the family connection between Pannalal and Anil Biswas biggrin.gif ) and Madhu Bala. Madhubala's the one singing off-key!!! It is highly likely that Anil Biswas composed for Basant (1942) and Police (1944) but could not take the screen credit because of a quota on number of films. That was a busy period for him working on superhit albums like Kismat (most successful film in indian cinematic history adjusted for inflation), Dilip Kumar's debut Jwar Bhata and Mehboob Khan's Roti.

I'm uploading three songs from Basant not uploaded so far...quality is fine...the Parul Ghosh, Arun Kumar duet Ek Duniya Basa Le is very good...by the way, I always enjoy your threads....just not in the habit of adding to the tumult of praise when its already well recognised...

1942 Basant - Parul Ghosh - Umeed Unse Kya Thi-pannalal ghosh 3m 19s 192kbps mp3
1942 Basant - Parul Ghosh, Arun Kumar - Aaya Basant Sakhi Birha Ka Ant-pannalal ghosh 4m 42s 128kbps mp3
1942 Basant - Parul Ghosh, Arun Kumar - Ek Duniya Basa Le Mere Man-pannalal ghosh 2m 20s 128kbps mp3

thanks faraaj bhai was missing these songs
taiyab53
+Quote Post
Exon
post Aug 11 2009, 05:33 PM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 49544

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 10 2009, 11:45 PM) *

SP,

Thanks for starting this very nice thread.
Some time ago, there was discussion that two songs picturized on young Madhubala in Basant were sung by Shanti Sudha Ghosh, daughter of Parul and Pannalal Ghosh.

Exon
+Quote Post
VivekG
post Aug 11 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 67066

much thanks to swarpriya for starting this wonderful thread and to faraaz for sharing the music
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 11 2009, 09:11 PM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 36307

QUOTE(Faraaj73 @ Aug 11 2009, 01:19 AM) *

Hi Swarapriya

Thank you very very much for sharing these songs. Appreciate your nice comments. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 11 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #23

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Aug 10 2009, 10:49 PM) *

Tumko mubarak hon-Madhubala
128 kbps/ 2.03 Min

Thank you very much BC for the song. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 11 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(amwhouthinkiam @ Aug 11 2009, 02:30 AM) *

This is a great initiative. Look forward to your uploading the songs. Wondering if you will be uploading songs from Dhake Ki Malmal.

Best regards

Prashant

Prashant, yes. But eventually. I am hoping to upload these songs in chronological order.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 11 2009, 09:17 PM
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Aug 11 2009, 04:35 AM) *

two songs from HF members BUT cleaned (sound quality good)
2 from Ytube rip (sound cleaned).
taiyab53

Thanks. Appreciate the explanation. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 11 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Exon @ Aug 11 2009, 05:03 AM) *

SP,

Thanks for starting this very nice thread.
Some time ago, there was discussion that two songs picturized on young Madhubala in Basant were sung by Shanti Sudha Ghosh, daughter of Parul and Pannalal Ghosh.

Exon

Thanks Exon. About who sang the songs, I will leave this up to the experts to decide.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
Sangeet
post Aug 12 2009, 03:14 AM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6366

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Aug 10 2009, 11:11 PM) *

In the next few months we will look at the songs from the movie albums in which Madhubala starred. I don’t have her early work, but from late 40’s I have most of her albums in CDs that I can share. I am hoping that the Forum members can contribute songs for the missing albums.

It is really a shame that the copyright of most of the songs of 40-60s songs are with HMV and they do not take any interest to release mastered or as is version of those albums ( knowing they have huge takers!). Would love to listen to albums like Mehlon Ke Khwab, Insaan Jaag Utha, Dhake Ki Malmal, Daera, Darogaji in CDQ which will probably never happen. Sigh!

Has HMV lost all its recordings? angry.gif

Sangeet

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obscure Albums of 60s/70s/80s/90s
Random Obscure Tracks from 70s-90s
Kavita K - Down The Years
Need Info
+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Aug 12 2009, 11:52 AM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 743

Basant Album by hildebrand

Digging yet another old post, sorry friemds.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=569445

This post has been edited by bawlachintu: Aug 12 2009, 11:52 AM

Here is the best singer of universe

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw ."

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 12 2009, 08:57 PM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(bawlachintu @ Aug 11 2009, 11:22 PM) *

Basant Album by hildebrand

Digging yet another old post, sorry friemds.

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?s=&a...st&p=569445

Thank you and HB for the songs. Cheers. -S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 12 2009, 09:34 PM
Post #30

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Meena) Leatherface (1939)

This was Meena Kumari's first movie as a child artiste. Its another name was "Farzand-E-Watan". It was directed by Vijay Bhatt who will later make Meena Kumari a household name with his "Baiju Bawra (1952)". This movie starred besides Meena Kumari, Mehtab and Jairaj in the lead. It has a pair of music directors; Lallubhai Nayak and Shakarrao.

Unfortunately I do not have a single song from this movie. I am requesting the Forum members to share the songs of this album if they have them. Thanks.

+Quote Post

64 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:56 PM