Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Breaking News !!!

, 25 Minutes DocumentaryFilm on Rafi Sahab

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Breaking News !!!, 25 Minutes DocumentaryFilm on Rafi Sahab
kcp
post Nov 19 2003, 08:21 PM
Post #1

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10

Hi Friends...

There is a 25 minutes documentry film made on Rafi Sahab by one ex-bollywood-producer....it was just before his death...

There are some scenes where Rafi sahab is believed to be shot in his house ( having food with his children ), some live scenes during his live shows...

Does anyone has any idea about it ?

I believe that this producer is not in a good financial condition to produce this film...

Any comments, initiatives by this group ? I can help if required...

Regards

KCP
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 19 2003, 08:35 PM
Post #2

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Kaustubh, I did hear about a documentary film on Rafi Sahab covering Rafi Sahab's personal shots and lots of rare material on the legend. Unfortunately, other than the info I do not have any other lead on that matter. sad.gif

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
p1j
post Nov 19 2003, 08:38 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (kcp @ Nov 19 2003, 08:21 PM)
Hi Friends...

There is a 25 minutes documentry film made on Rafi Sahab by one ex-bollywood-producer....it was just before his death...

There are some scenes where Rafi sahab is believed to be shot in his house ( having food with his children ), some live scenes during his live shows...

Does anyone has any idea about it ?

I believe that this producer is not in a good financial condition to produce this film...

Any comments, initiatives by this group ? I can help if required...

Kaustubh,

This was in august when I read about the film.. Its a documentary shot in 1975 by Shri NP Abu (noted producer-director of malayalam cinema). This documentary was released on VCD in August and its titled "Rafi ki yaadein". But I heard Mr. Abu had tied up with some private channel to air this (name not known to me) and not released in market.

just another rafi fan.
Pavan

+Quote Post
kcp
post Nov 19 2003, 08:51 PM
Post #4

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thats right Pavan

He is the producer of Naya Din Nayi Raat

and he is also in talks with a Dubai based ( big ) Video company to produce it...

I am in touch with the concerned people and if they have problems, Rafi Fans can jump in...

Regards

KCP
+Quote Post
safraznabi
post Nov 19 2003, 09:57 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 68

hi friends
regarding this documentary, i believe i have quite a bit of footage from this documentary, i have been collecting clips of rafi sahib now for about 15 yrs, and i have about an hours worth of video, this includes the door darshan presentation as well, regarding the documentary, i have clips of rafi sahib entering the studio holding hands with naresh kumar ( younger brother of acting legend rajinder kumar), rafi sahib entering the studio alone and saluting, rafi sahib rehearsing with naushad, rafi and asha recording a song in studio with o.p. nayyar looking on, and a few stage shots, although there is a commentary voice, theres no speech from rafi sahib apart from his singing voice, maybe theres a speech in the full version, but like i said, i believe i have at least half of this documentary.
regards
safraz nabi
+Quote Post
kcp
post Nov 20 2003, 02:54 PM
Post #6

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

One guy I know of, has the full documentary, which we are talking about in this thread... but he is not ready to share sad.gif

Regards

KCP
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Nov 20 2003, 02:58 PM
Post #7

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

It is nice to know its not completely lost. biggrin.gif

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:28 PM