Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

The Next Best singer

, Clones Of Rafi Saheb......!

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Next Best singer, Clones Of Rafi Saheb......!
Nimii
post Jun 13 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #61

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3

But RKA you are not Rafi Sahab clone na ohmy.gif

N doh.gif
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bawlachintu
post Jun 13 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #62

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 743

The person who could reach close to Great Rafi was Anwar only. Wo bhi 50% only. Depthless

No hard feelings. That's how I could evaluate Anwar on percent-scale.

And, the person who lets out Rafi songs on stage, from heart, is Mohammed Aziz. Watch Sony Tv's harmony
featuring Mohd Aziz.

Here is the best singer of universe

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw ."

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jun 13 2006, 09:17 PM
Post #63

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jun 13 2006, 08:48 PM) *
chalo ek to mila jo kehta hai Sonu mimic karta hai...tht is his voice does matches..... biggrin.gif

Thanks nimmi........ bus yehi proove karna tha... biggrin.gif

Oye Sonu mujhe shaque hai ke tu kahin SN to nahi!!!!!!! Itna uska defend kar raha hai tu ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
RafiKiAwaaz
post Jun 13 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #64

Group Icon

Member No.: 1855

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 13 2006, 08:45 AM) *

But RKA you are not Rafi Sahab clone na ohmy.gif

N doh.gif

Regardless, I have no choice in this matter Nimii Ji, Rafi Sahab came first and created the great sensation with his great style and voice. I am neverthless his biggest fan, therfore I sing his music because his music brings the best in my voice. I would have love to sing my own song but fate or destiny had other path for me. I also got hit by lung disease that didn't help either. An interesting fate of events, like Sonu Nigam I also went to Bollywood to be a playback singer in the 80's and sang for Bapphi Lahari Ji. It was extremely tough in those days to be in Bollywood. I did impress Bappi Ji a lot with my voice because I had great range. Bappi Ji's exact words to me, you have a fantastic voice.
RKA
+Quote Post
balajigade
post Jun 13 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #65

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 4122

Dears;
As an ardent fan (never fanatic) of Rafi and the songs of singers of yester years, I have a few points to add. Let's not start comparing one singer with the other. Every one has an ideal---whether he is a sports personality, an actor or a singer. Gavaskar had Jaisimha as his hero in his younger days, Sachin had Gavaskar and Sehwag has Sachin--maybe they tried to play like their heros intially, but developed their own style. Even the greatest Lata had Noorjehan in her mind intially & Rafi had GM Durrani. When the artists of younger generation perform, they always have their hero in mind and try to compare intially themselves with them, do we call it imitation? Suman had a voice similar to Lata but let me not be harsh on her that she was imitating the legend. Nitin has a voice which slightly resembles the senior Mukesh and Chandru has a very similar voice like that of the senior Atma. Perhaps the fault lies with us that when we hear a song from a junior artist singing a song of Talat, say for example, we try unknowingly to rate him how best he has sung like Talat---because we have already that particular song in mind to compare with. Anwar took a leaf out of Rafi's book when he sang qasme hum apni jaan ki... in 'Mere Gharib Nawaz'----surely Rafi could have sung it better--but let me appreciate how well he sang. Sonu Nigam is a very good singer--the best to my opinion among the male singers of these days. Lekin us bechare ki kya ghalati hai ki us ki awaaz Rafi Sa'ab se kuchh had tak milti julti hai ?

--Balaji
+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Jun 13 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #66

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2547

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 13 2006, 10:17 PM) *

QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jun 13 2006, 08:48 PM) *
chalo ek to mila jo kehta hai Sonu mimic karta hai...tht is his voice does matches..... biggrin.gif

Thanks nimmi........ bus yehi proove karna tha... biggrin.gif

Oye Sonu mujhe shaque hai ke tu kahin SN to nahi!!!!!!! Itna uska defend kar raha hai tu ohmy.gif

tongue1.gif Nehi SN bola 10 years tak apoon gayega fir teri baari. maine kaha chal theek hai ash kar i will wait !!

Nimmi ji and others dont take me wrong. ]I have no where tried to defend Sonu's singing capaility.

I am big Rafi- KK fan. that is the reason I like all clones shabbir- anwar ,MA, abhijeet, Vinod rathod shaan etc

Meri thread mein problem sirf Language se rahi hai. just go back and look wht they have wrtten.

Sonu is not a complete singer...got many flaws....agree. but yaar kam se kam chhezo ko exaggrate karke koyon likhte ho???........Agar guts hai to same "words" dusre old Untrained singers per likho na??

Kaya same words main dusre singers ke leye use kar sakta hoon.???

I never go to RMIM coz i know i will get upset after reading posts. Its free for all over there. Thats why i feel beter in yahoo grps and forums like HF where there is moderation and evry thing is said respectfullly.

I hated KS for years just coz of his nasal voice. But still I "never ever " publicly used words lke " he Sucks", he is just mediocre, got zero base etc .I never said this coz I knew tht he is not that bad . theek hai kuch kammi hai but itna bura nehi hai ki apni irritation mein KS ko D level ka bana doon.
And then i know it can hurt his fans......

Agar apne singer ko respect dena chahte ho to dusre singer ko bhi respect karo.. Dont exaggrate things.

If National award winner singer is mediocre then I dare all those critics to replce him with bettr singers( or start singing themselves). yahan per to Alaam yeh hai log Clone maane ko bhi nehi tayar. bad clone ya good clone kuu ch bhi nehi. Sadke jawaan !!

I will reply against any post in which soem one will use such words for ANY singer.

open to corrections

god bless
Sonu

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
+Quote Post
Nimii
post Jun 13 2006, 10:58 PM
Post #67

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

See Sonu, every singer has good and badly sung songs.. no doubt. Initially all of them tend to copy their mentor.. all the legends have done it too.. but they have developed their own styles in a short span of time and have not clung to singing like their mentors.

All I wish to state is cloning is not required when god has been kind and they have been blessed with nice voices.. they should develop their own styles and sing.

We are tired of listening to cloned voices.. we want something different .. is that wrong?

N rolleyes.gif
+Quote Post
NATURE
post Jun 15 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #68

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2238

QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jun 13 2006, 11:03 PM) *

I hated KS for years just coz of his nasal voice. But still I "never ever " publicly used words lke " he
Sucks"
, he is just mediocre, got zero base etc
.I never said this coz I knew tht he is not that bad.
theek hai kuch kammi hai but itna bura nehi hai ki apni irritation mein KS ko D level ka bana doon.

sorry sonu ji, i have used the underlined words. i didn't mean to hurt the fans and in that way
i happened to hurt u. i am extreamly sorry. i mentioned both + and - points, no intention to hurt anybody ...

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 12 2006, 05:23 PM) *

I only agree with these points with you Nature unsure.gif

at which point, u can't agree with me nimmi ji ? i am not correct at all points. as usual what i try to do
to the max is: find all the + and - points of the singers ... so i thought to pen them down.
don't u agree with everything else other than what u have quoted ? or the + points of sonu and - points of
udit that i mentioned ??? let me tell u these ...

1. nobody campares sonu with rafi, i don't. but i listened to many songs, like "likhe jo khat tujhe" , "janam
janam ka saath ho" , "kaun hai jo sapno mein" etc and he is good cause i never expect rafi come out of
sonu versions, rather i expect a sonu trying to follow rafi.
to be fair, he has done fair job ... he does well
unless there is an abrupt change in the song(like high pitch) where his voice cracks and this is also true that
he doesn't have that much melody and pain in his voice ... so he can sing some songs but not all ...

2. about - points of udit ? tell me these: a--> very romantic song, b--> very sad song, c--> very tough song
( even with classical flavor) and then tell me how good he is in all of these ??? what i find unique is his voice
and not his singing capacity ...

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 13 2006, 11:58 PM) *

All I wish to state is cloning is not required when god has been kind and they have been blessed with nice
voices.. they should develop their own styles and sing.

We are tired of listening to cloned voices.. we want something different .. is that wrong?

N rolleyes.gif

nothing wrong dear ... u r very much true.
at 1 point only, i don't hate the clones is: do they sing a bit like the mentors ??? yes ?, cause
we all used the word "clone" here. if u can copy the voice of "shreya ghoshal" then this is yr talent.
if somebody can talk like big b then it's a talent but u can't leave a mark unless u show yr own style and
personality ...

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 12 2006, 08:07 PM) *

Wait! Why do we need someone like Rafi Sahab?!?!

My question is do we need clones?

Mebbe I dont think like you all do! Juz my opinion.

N doh.gif

as i already said, the question is not whether we need a clone or not, question is do some singers
sing like their mentors ??? rest is transparent .... and i am at yr side. i don't need any clone. that's good ... laugh.gif
but i appreciate if somebody can copy someone else's voice even it is 50%, don't u ??? laugh.gif
( like i heard sunil pal in great indian laughter chalenge copied udit's voice though he is not a singer)
QUOTE(RafiKiAwaaz @ Jun 13 2006, 10:27 PM) *

An interesting fate of events, like Sonu Nigam I also went to Bollywood to be a playback singer in the
80's and sang for Bapphi Lahari Ji.

jump.gif i need yr songs, plz upload ... no mater it matches or not but u r a singer ...

Jo Milte hain, voh nahi milte
Aur Jo Nahi Milte, Vohin Vaastav mein milte hai
Kaaran jo hai, voh nahi hai
Aur jo nahi hai, vohin hai.
Ye keval Shabdo ki heraa-pheri nahi hai
Aur heraa-pheri hain bhi
Yehin Darshan hai
Aur isi hone naa hone, milne naa milne ke beech mein
maayaa kaa samudra hai
+Quote Post
RafiKiAwaaz
post Jun 15 2006, 09:36 PM
Post #69

Group Icon

Member No.: 1855

QUOTE(NATURE @ Jun 15 2006, 02:48 AM) *

QUOTE(oye_sonu @ Jun 13 2006, 11:03 PM) *

I hated KS for years just coz of his nasal voice. But still I "never ever " publicly used words lke " he
Sucks"
, he is just mediocre, got zero base etc
.I never said this coz I knew tht he is not that bad.
theek hai kuch kammi hai but itna bura nehi hai ki apni irritation mein KS ko D level ka bana doon.

sorry sonu ji, i have used the underlined words. i didn't mean to hurt the fans and in that way
i happened to hurt u. i am extreamly sorry. i mentioned both + and - points, no intention to hurt anybody ...

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 12 2006, 05:23 PM) *

I only agree with these points with you Nature unsure.gif

at which point, u can't agree with me nimmi ji ? i am not correct at all points. as usual what i try to do
to the max is: find all the + and - points of the singers ... so i thought to pen them down.
don't u agree with everything else other than what u have quoted ? or the + points of sonu and - points of
udit that i mentioned ??? let me tell u these ...

1. nobody campares sonu with rafi, i don't. but i listened to many songs, like "likhe jo khat tujhe" , "janam
janam ka saath ho" , "kaun hai jo sapno mein" etc and he is good cause i never expect rafi come out of
sonu versions, rather i expect a sonu trying to follow rafi.
to be fair, he has done fair job ... he does well
unless there is an abrupt change in the song(like high pitch) where his voice cracks and this is also true that
he doesn't have that much melody and pain in his voice ... so he can sing some songs but not all ...

2. about - points of udit ? tell me these: a--> very romantic song, b--> very sad song, c--> very tough song
( even with classical flavor) and then tell me how good he is in all of these ??? what i find unique is his voice
and not his singing capacity ...

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 13 2006, 11:58 PM) *

All I wish to state is cloning is not required when god has been kind and they have been blessed with nice
voices.. they should develop their own styles and sing.

N rolleyes.gif

nothing wrong dear ... u r very much true.
at 1 point only, i don't hate the clones is: do they sing a bit like the mentors ??? yes ?, cause
we all used the word "clone" here. if u can copy the voice of "shreya ghoshal" then this is yr talent.
if somebody can talk like big b then it's a talent but u can't leave a mark unless u show yr own style and
personality ...

QUOTE(Nimii @ Jun 12 2006, 08:07 PM) *

Wait! Why do we need someone like Rafi Sahab?!?!

My question is do we need clones?

Mebbe I dont think like you all do! Juz my opinion.

N doh.gif

as i already said, the question is not whether we need a clone or not, question is do some singers
sing like their mentors ??? rest is transparent .... and i am at yr side. i don't need any clone. that's good ... laugh.gif
but i appreciate if somebody can copy someone else's voice even it is 50%, don't u ??? laugh.gif
( like i heard sunil pal in great indian laughter chalenge copied udit's voice though he is not a singer)
QUOTE(RafiKiAwaaz @ Jun 13 2006, 10:27 PM) *

An interesting fate of events, like Sonu Nigam I also went to Bollywood to be a playback singer in the
80's and sang for Bapphi Lahari Ji.

jump.gif i need yr songs, plz upload ... no mater it matches or not but u r a singer ...

Yes indeed, I am working on recording few songs, one of them is old Rafi song from Dosti - Chaahunga Mei Tuhje which will show my voice range. Hopefully soon, look for it.
RKA
+Quote Post
oye_sonu
post Jun 20 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #70

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 2547

QUOTE(NATURE @ Jun 15 2006, 04:18 PM) *

Arey Nature ji aisi koi tension wali baat nehi hai. yes Udit/amit./sonu are my fav singers.

They are not complete.....kon mana karta hai. look u had wrtten abt so many minus points of Sonu but I didnt objected coz I know he is not a complete singer. Agar likha hai to shayd hogi kami.

PRoblem tab aati hai jab cheezo ko just for the sake of writing hum exaggrate karke likh dete hai.

Like my problem was when u wrote he has zero base. I think better could have been...say " he has lowest base among present singers???" tongue1.gif but zero to kisi haal mein nehi ho sakti.

Fir koi HFM singer kaya mediocre ho sakta hai kabhi?? aur wo bhi nationl awrd winner??

Nature ji , Nimi ji and others I tell u abt one such arguement in SKSgrp.
I had a arguement in SKS grp where one singer fan used filthiest language for Rafi saab. including the 'suck" word. at tht time I was the first one to object to tht. My participation in tht discusision was limited to just objecting to type of langugae used for the singer (mohd rafi).
Few senior members of HF were also involved in tht discussion and know my stand.

After defending Rafi saab in SKS ......now I see Rafi fans using such languge for other singers in HF( who worship Rafi more then these fans). ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Ya mere Rabba huh.gif

now the same SKS member can Q me...why iam silent now when rafi fans are usig such langugae.

Ab koi kaya kare.......har jagah apne apne singer ke liye respect chahte hai...but dusre singers ko respect dena nehi chahte. Technical point per jitna marzi attack karo.......atleast jaan bujh kar frstration mein baseless aur exaggrate karke chezo ko mat likho.

Look I have no where defended Sonu or others..My objection has been with language and stats which are totally exaggrated.
baaki If u people want i can start one thread specifaclly on flaws of Sonu or other clones tongue1.gif .

Singers mein itni khamiyan hai agar harek ko defend karne lag pade to ho gayi baaki posting. unsure.gif

open to corrections

Sonu

forgive me if I miss replying or reading ur post............bit busy :-( !
Duniya ne kitna samjhaya, kaun hai apna kaun paraya
Phir bhi dil ki chot chhupa kar humne aapka dil behalya
Khud hi mar mitne ki ye zid hai hamaari......
sach hai duniya waalon hum hain anari !

......back to basics!!!

My artists :-
Shankar Jaikishan- Composers with magical touch !!

This year we CELEBRATE 60 years of Shankar Jaikishan music . come join the celebrations !
Join the SJ fans group for more information :
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/shankarjaikishan/

Join FACEBOOK shankar jaikishan group

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=123537751015751
+Quote Post
masoomkamal
post Jun 24 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #71

Group Icon

Member No.: 602

Yes indeed, I am working on recording few songs, one of them is old Rafi song from Dosti - Chaahunga Mei Tuhje which will show my voice range. Hopefully soon, look for it.
RKA
[/quote]

Dear Rafi ki Awaaz,

I am (and perhaps many of us) are waiting for the song which you sang in Rafi Ki Awaaz.

Jaldi bhejo mere yaar....
Kab khatm hoga yeh intezaar !

IPB ImageKamal Khan

Yaad mein teri jahan ko bhoolta jata hoon main, Bhoolne wale kabhi tujh ko bhi yaad aata hoon main !.... !
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:23 PM