Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

75th Birthday Special

, a musical tribute -

Forum Rules Please read and thoroughly understand the forum rules and regulations:
4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 75th Birthday Special, a musical tribute -
asif21_04
post Aug 5 2004, 02:23 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 651

Nice post...SS ! I couldn't agree with you more because even I believe that KK has been the most versatile and talented artist Bollywood has seen. KK was so much more than just a singer and that's why I don't understand all the more why people are always comparing KK to other singers, mainly Rafi.

Kishore was my absolute favorite till just a few years ago (when I was a teen) because I could relate to 70's style music more back then and Kishore ruled in the 70's. But even though he was my favorite back then and listened mostly to his songs, it was always clear that Rafi was the greatest singer just because he had the most ideal singing voice, limitless range, great expression in his voice and an effortlessness in singing which nobody else had or has. Kishore was a great great singer too (bettered only by Rafi and nobody else) but was found out in many genres (ghazals, bhajans, qawwalis etc.). But then again, I have always regarded Kishore as a genius because he excelled in so many other fields. I don't think anyone else has managed that yet in Bollywood.

Again...I don't mean to start a debate here because I absolutely love the Guru, his songs and his movies. I have noticed that this is a great forum with very nice and friendly people and I just wanted to express my humble opinions in a free and candid fashion.

Salute to the Most versatile and gifted Bollywood Artist (Sampoorn Kalaakar) KK on his B'day !!

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ani218122
post Aug 5 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #17

Unregistered

Dear Mr Asif,

I do cater to start the debate which you have not intended to start, in your own words. Reasons as under please:-

> don't understand all the more why people are always comparing KK to other singers, mainly Rafi.

- yes sincerely.. Even I wonder blink.gif how people compare other male signers to KK. There can be no comparison, as far as playback singing is concerned in Hindi cinema.

> But even though he was my favorite back then and listened mostly to his songs, it was always clear that Rafi was the greatest singer just because he had the most ideal singing voice, limitless range, great expression in his voice and an effortlessness in singing which nobody else had or has.

- The word 'Greatest' does not fall into any relative scale my friend! Could have been preserved for posterity for Md.Ali.. but Md. Rafi?

And how was it always clear ? Mind eludicating please? For the attibuties you have pointed out, I would mark Rafi lesser than Kishore in all .

What is a 'Ideal singing voice'? Is there any?
What is meant by Limitless range????? Am to G++ ???
Great expression - people will die laughing when they hear Rafi had more expression than Kishore
Effortlessness? 21 retakes in Tasveer tere dil mein, 19 in Jane kya dhuntdi rehti hai, incomplete takes for Aja aja pyar tera, songs of Dosti..Can add many more!

>Kishore was a great great singer too (bettered only by Rafi and nobody else) but was found out in many genres (ghazals, bhajans, qawwalis etc.).

- Is it?? How can you be so sure? What makes u think KK was bettered by Rafi and nobody else? Maybe if you can site 100 'great greats' of Rafi, somebody else might be able to site 200 'great greaters' of Guru, somebody 250 great great greaters of Manna , somebody 1000 great great great greaters of Yesudas (given his output in all languages)!

>Again...I don't mean to start a debate here because I absolutely love the Guru, his songs and his movies. I have noticed that this is a great forum with very nice and friendly people and I just wanted to express my humble opinions in a free and candid fashion.

-Your love for Guru notwithstanding, dont you think your views and your statements are in contradiction? In retrospect, they do not seem to reflect the 'humble' you. You mean to start no debate. Piquently, you have started it already.

A word of advice my dear friend Asif ,

Do not make a comparison which you cannot defend logically. U could have said that Rafi was a more learned singer, 'jyada seekha tha', hence could handle numbers mandating classical knowledge in a better way as compared to Kishore. And definitely Kishore was a more spontaneous singer of the 2, with a rounder and stronger voice . The discussion would have ended there with a note of thanks from either side. Relationship between the 2 could have blossomed like a Kishore Rafi Jugalbandi. Paradoxically, ur appeal for freindship literally has streaks of cries for war!

Forgive my candour.
Anirudha
+Quote Post
asif21_04
post Aug 5 2004, 04:26 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Member No.: 651

Hi Ani,

Hey ...chill out buddy !:)

So... what I was fearing has happened !! I totally respect your opinions and you are entitled to hold them because they are your opinions. I could definitely debate and present you very strong answers to some of your comments, but as I said in the beginning I didn't in any way,shape or form intended it to be like this.

I dunno why you took everything so personally !! I was commenting from a very unbiased perspective. I am not a fan of anyone...and I don't really care that much to be a fan of any person. I am just a music aficionado...nothing more and nothing less.

Peace

poseur.gif bye.gif
+Quote Post
rom
post Aug 5 2004, 04:36 PM
Post #19

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 233

Well Asif, instead of the tribute to Guru on his 75th birthday (for which this thread was created), you did compare him with Rafi, and showed him in worse light... at least on this one occasion better grace should have been shown!
As for being unbiased, a man without biases doesn't exist. Show me one and I'd show you God!
But finally, as you said indeed, peace! Let's pay tributes to Guru, the Genius, and let aside debates forever!
party2.gif

THE INTELLIGENT MUST MAKE CONCESSIONS!
+Quote Post
unni
post Aug 5 2004, 05:58 PM
Post #20

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Away
From: Vaanar Nivas, Tribandar Marg, Bandarabad, MONKEYSTAN.
Member No.: 356

We just commemorated the death of Mohd. Rafi and we just celebrated the birth of Kishore Kumar.

Rafi-sahab to Kishore-da marks an unforgettable era in the annals of HFM.

Sadly, not one additional note will emerge from their golden throats.

Melody and harmony were hallmarks when they sang.

As fans of these legends, let us not insult their memories by saying one extra word that is lacking in harmony.

Instead, let us just be grateful to them and enjoy the legacy they left back for us, each of us is his/her own way.

If you stop trying to make sense of it all, you'll be less confused. Reality is an illusion.
+Quote Post
rahulgopaljoshi
post Aug 5 2004, 07:53 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 399

Hello All

No DOubt Kishore Da and Rafi Ji were legendary singers. They were among the best talents that Hindi film Industry; for that matter India ever had !!

Its important to note that both of them were great friends, and respected each oher's abilities . SO who are we people to start such perry comparisons ? We do not have ability to even understand fully thier greatness.. Forget comaparing them !!

THe tributes to Kishore Da, and Rafi Saab , were superb.Hats Off to Pradeep , Nimmi and everybody else involved.. Happy BIrth Day to Kishore da from me !! You taught us to sing, laugh and cry together ..You taught to live and gave a purpose to it !!

Regards

Rahul Gopal Joshi

( Is it possible to post some of the songs from the tribute on BBM Files ? )
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Aug 6 2004, 05:29 AM
Post #22

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 6838

Anirudha: - yes sincerely.. Even I wonder how people compare other male signers to KK. There can be no comparison, as far as playback singing is concerned in Hindi cinema.

Well what we observe over all these years is that Rafisaab is always being comparec (needlessley) to others.

One must also realise that although there was not much of an age difference between Rafisaab and Kishire da, Rafisaab's experience in singing was second next to one. He sang fore 4 decades, 3 decades of which were till the 70's which saw the emergence of Kishore da.

Thus as music lovers we all need to respect the fact that both these legends had their own set of styles, talent and experience and hence any comparison is futile.

Ani:And definitely Kishore was a more spontaneous singer of the 2, with a rounder and stronger voice

Thats what I call lack of understanding of music and contribution of other great legends.
Kk was definitely spontanoeus but to say he was more than Rafisaab is being naive and insulting.

Asif I can appreciate your point of view but this is a time to pay tribute to KK's contribution and not anything else.

Lastly please let these legends rest in peace, they have achieved what others cant even dream of.
And please no more of he was better, learned or anything else.

Its important to note that both of them were great friends, and respected each oher's abilities . SO who are we people to start such perry comparisons ? We do not have ability to even understand fully thier greatness.. Forget comaparing them !![/COLOR]

Well said rahul, that sums it up.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
ani218122
post Aug 6 2004, 08:33 AM
Post #23

Unregistered

Suhana_Safar wrote:

>Thats what I call lack of understanding of music and contribution of other great legends.
>Kk was definitely spontanoeus but to say he was more than Rafisaab is being naive and >insulting.

Your mail appears to be resting on a bundle of anti-Kishore sentiments rather than relying on logic. Kishore was, always more spontaneous than Rafi, for that matter more spontaneous than anybody else in the playback zone. No 2 ways about it. That’s the way I think.. probably most musical hearts do!

Moreover, u people are slinging mud at Kishore in a forum meant for the maverick, then trying to cover it up all in the name of Rafi-Kishore friendship.

Pathetic!!

Nimii, Vampy , mujhko kahan laake pheka yaar!

Disgruntled yours

Anirudha
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Aug 6 2004, 09:01 AM
Post #24

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Your mail appears to be resting on a bundle of anti-Kishore sentiments rather than relying on logic. Kishore was, always more spontaneous than Rafi, for that matter more spontaneous than anybody else in the playback zone. No 2 ways about it. That’s the way I think.. probably most musical hearts do!

Moreover, u people are slinging mud at Kishore in a forum meant for the maverick, then trying to cover it up all in the name of Rafi-Kishore friendship.

Pathetic!!

Nimii, Vampy , mujhko kahan laake pheka yaar
!

Now you have confirmed that you do not have an iota of understanding about anything let alone music.

It is for hideous people like you that such debates come into existence.

Well heart reader stop wasting our useful time by your gubbile mails.

Kahan Kahan se a jate hein.

PLAYBACK SINGING STARTS AND ENDS WITH RAFISAAB. IN TERMS OF QUALITY, CONSISTENCY & VERSATILITY, RAFISAAB IS INFINITE LIGHT YEARS AHEAD OF ALL SINGERS BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER HIM.
+Quote Post
Nimii
Post #25

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Poppy @ Aug 5 2004, 02:09 PM)
10 selections of Guru not so commonly heard numbers have been selected.

May this day be a fruitful, happy and enjoyable one for all of you.

Happy Birthday to Kishore Kumar Khandwewala!

All the numbers are recorded in to a CD and gifted to AMIT KUMAR y'day gift.gif

from Amit Mazumdar

Yo Sachin you recorded the songs from HF and gave AK???????????

kya bol raha hai tu??

N ?
+Quote Post
Pradeep
Post #26

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Anirudh, I am sorry.. let me apologize for Suhana Safar's statement. Everyone is welcome to HF smile1.gif I thank Nimii and Vampy for inviting you here.

SuhanaSafar, lets not move away from the theme of this thread.

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz smile1.gif

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
suhana_safar
post Aug 6 2004, 09:05 AM
Post #27

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Anirudh, I am sorry.. let me apologize for Suhana Safar's statement. Everyone is welcome to HF I thank Nimii and Vampy for inviting you here.

SuhanaSafar, lets not move away from the theme of this thread.

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
\

Pradeep who has moved away from the thread. This gullible member was the one who got needlessley irked .

Kindly read her/his mails before you apologise or point finger at me.

+Quote Post
Nimii
post Aug 6 2004, 09:07 AM
Post #28

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

hmmm .. shuru ho gaya tamasha!!!!!!!!!

chal shuru ho ja.. (Rafi Sahab and Guru song from Hum Joli)

hehehehehe

N tongue.gif
+Quote Post
Pradeep
post Aug 6 2004, 09:08 AM
Post #29

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The theme of this thread is to wish Kishore Da on his bday. And not to compare or throw snow at each other.
Suhana, I am not pointing a finger at you. This is a forum dedicated to Kishore.
Okay? Now plzzzzzzzzzzzzz.. stop this.

kuch bhi nahin hai tera mol, boli na badi bol, khilona tu maati ka...
+Quote Post
ani218122
post Aug 6 2004, 09:09 AM
Post #30

Unregistered

>Now you have confirmed that you do not have an iota of understanding about >anything let alone music.

ROTFL.. ROTFL

>It is for hideous people like you that such debates come into existence.

My dear Suhana Safar, it is people like Asif and U who started the debate, Un-Instigated, Unprovoked, Intentionally to create a stir in the Kishore forum, that too on the man’s 75ht Birth anniversary!

>Well heart reader stop wasting our useful time by your gubbile mails.

- Who has invited u to read my mails anyway? It is your prerogative totally.

>Kahan Kahan se a jate hein.

- Main kahan se hun logon ko pata hai, acchi tarah se. Aap ke jaisa phoney name leke nahin ghumto hun.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:33 AM