Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bigg Boss -4

, hosted by Salman Khan

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bigg Boss -4, hosted by Salman Khan
Sharmila-Sweet
post Sep 14 2010, 11:45 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75253

If Bachchan can do it, Khan can too. And, it’s official now - Salman Khan will host the next season of the reality show Bigg Boss. The channel hopes Khan will keep audiences hooked to its season four.

Earlier, both Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar were approached to host the show, but sources say things didn’t work out in either case.

Interestingly, since Kaun Banega Crorepati will air on another channel in the same time slot, Bollywood’s favourite bad boy will compete with Bachchan for TRPs. “This is standard procedure that channels follow,’’ says Khan, shrugging off the comparison.

“I don’t really care about TRPs. I just like connecting with my audience, which is why I’m doing more of television.’’ The actor goes on to say that he’d love to do more television to reach out to his fans. “For me, television is a way of returning the love and affection that I have got from the audience for the past 22 years. Now they get to see me in the comfort of their homes, and that too for free,’’ says Khan.

Unlike Bachchan, who played friend, philosopher and guide to inmates of the house, Khan will be his brutally honest and spontaneous best on the show. Of course, comparisons are bound to be made. Does that bother him? “Why should it?’’ asks Khan.

“He had his style and I have mine. Besides, Mr Bachchan is going to host another show in a different format. All these comparisons are nowhere in my mind.’’ What also intrigued Khan about the show, besides the obvious audience connect, is the eagerness to see how people react under unique circumstances and see the levels they can go to to win a competition. “I’m very straight-forward and won’t tolerate hypocrisy or politics in the house. For those who play clean, I’ll be a friend. But those who don’t, can expect the worst,’’ he said in all seriousness.

Anyone in particular he’d like to see in the house? “Myself, because I get along well with ‘inmates’ and am speaking from experience,’’ he joked. “But on a serious note, I watched the last season while shooting for Wanted and loved to see Vindhoo crying. I’ve also seen the season where Rakhiji (Sawant) was featured.’’

“Bigg Boss spans both India and Bharat in terms of appeal,’’ says Rajesh Kamat, COO of Colors.
Salman, though, is nonchalant about being the USP of the show. “It’s the participants who the public will come to see all week, I will only be there for two days.’’

And what happens to Dus Ka Dum, his television debut that is currently on a break? “It all depends on the channel,’’ says Khan. Let’s just say, ‘break toh banta hai na, boss.’
TOI

Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Sharmila-Sweet
post Oct 11 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75253

Shiv Sena calls shut down against 'Bigg Boss 4' Monday
11 Oct, 2010 11:23 am ISTlIANS

The Shiv Sena has called for a shutdown in Lonavala in Maharashtra Monday to protest against the inclusion of two Pakistani participants in the ongoing "Bigg Boss 4" TV show, a party official said here Sunday.

According to Shiv Sena spokesperson Neelam Gorhe, despite demands by the party, the Colors channel has not bothered to remove the two Pakistani participants - Veena Malik and Begum Nawazish Ali - from the show.

"Even Pune district collector has served a show cause notice to Colors channel asking why the show should not be stopped since it is creating law and order issues in the famous hill station," Gorhe told IANS.

Gorhe said that her party workers will demonstrate in the city Monday and take out a procession seeking removal of Pakistani actors from the show.

"Bigg Boss 4" is hosted by Bollywood star Salman Khan.

Don't let someone become a priority in your life,
when you are just an option in their life
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 05:27 PM