Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Three Of A Kind

, Dev, Dilip & Kishore

67 Pages V « < 55 56 57 58 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Three Of A Kind, Dev, Dilip & Kishore
swarapriya
post Feb 21 2014, 12:08 PM
Post #834

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Dev) Kalabaaz (1977)

This is yet another film that teams Zeenat and Dev together. This time they play trapeze artistes. Dev performs incredible stunts not as a circus performer but chasing baddies. There are only four songs in the film. One of the songs, "Arre Roothe Hai", has almost the similar tune from Kalyanji & Anandji's earlier hit song "Arre Rafta Rafta" from "Khel Kismat Ki" a 1973 film. Here is this and oher songs from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 28 2014, 09:47 PM
Post #835

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Sahib Bahadur (1977)

This movie was made by Dev's older brother Chetanji. More and more I think about some of the movies Chetanji made, I can't help but reassess his abilities as a great director. Take this movie for example. He assembled a whole bunch of fine character actors. Then he cast his own wife, who is expressionless most of the time and can hardly act, in the lead opposite his brother Dev. Then he made a picture that was neither serious in approach to the subject nor funny in the situations he created. Most of the comedy stems from the buffoonery of the actors instead of the situations. Its absurdity was simply pathetic to watch. Even usually reliable Madan Mohanji’s music was not up to par with his own standards. Still it has couple of good songs. Especially the solo by Kishoreda, “Raahi Tha Main Aawaara” is a standout of the album.

Chetan Saab previously made this movie in 1950 as "Afsar" with Dev and his heartthrob during those years, Suraiya. The real life romance of the two generated enough chemistry that spelled the movie to be a modest success. Of course it boasted several beautiful songs by Suraiya and others composed by the great Burmanda. But this lame remake was an utter disappointment and a downer in a big way.

I am uploading the songs and some musical clips from the picture in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Feb 28 2014, 09:52 PM
Post #836

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Sahib Bahadur (1977)"...

Here are rest of the songs and some music clips from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post Mar 4 2014, 11:06 PM
Post #837

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8788

Thanks Swarapriya for Suhana Geet
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 5 2014, 05:39 AM
Post #838

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Mar 4 2014, 09:36 AM) *

Thanks Swarapriya for Suhana Geet

You're very welcome Harshji. Cheers.
+Quote Post
sythlord1978
post Mar 8 2014, 04:25 PM
Post #839

Group Icon

Member No.: 7465

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Feb 24 2013, 08:03 AM) *

(Kishore) Jahan Mile Dharti Akash (1968)

This movie was never released. I am not sure whether it was ever completed. Its director was Kishore Sahu. However, some of the songs, at least a couple I am uploading here, are now widely available in various CD collections. They were uploaded in the last few years in other threads in this Forum as well. I am requesting members to share if they know of any other songs from this film. Thank you.

Also, searching for more songs from this film I found a short video clip from the film on the You Tube. Pictures of Bina Rai I am showing in the table below are from that clip.

Here are the two songs, sung with beautiful magnificence by ever so great Rafi Saab under the music direction of the master musician Madan Mohan Saab to some beautiful lyrics penned by Rajinder Krishanji…

can someone reupload these songs please
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 9 2014, 01:01 AM
Post #840

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(sythlord1978 @ Mar 8 2014, 02:55 AM) *

(Kishore) Jahan Mile Dharti Akash (1968)

can someone reupload these songs please

I have re-uploaded these songs in the "Shair aur Sargam" thread starting at the following location...

http://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...mp;#entry728242

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 14 2014, 04:24 AM
Post #841

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Des Pardes (1978)

This is another movie which Dev co-wrote, co-produced, and directed. He also introduced Tina Munim in this film. After moving away from the Burman camp, this was the second film Navketan engaged someone else give music to its films. It was Rajesh Roshan's turn this time. Previously for "Jaaneman (1976)" it was Laxmikant & Pyarelal who composed the music.

Roshan composed few good songs and Tina Munim's infectious bubbly freshness helped the movie to become a modest success. Here are the songs from this album. The second part of "Yeh Des" repeats part of the first part but is mostly music. This comes at the end of the movie.

Here are the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
HarshBhatt
post Mar 14 2014, 07:17 AM
Post #842

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 8788

Hi! Swarapriya,

Thanks for uploading

This post has been edited by HarshBhatt: Mar 14 2014, 06:50 PM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Mar 14 2014, 07:40 PM
Post #843

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(HarshBhatt @ Mar 13 2014, 06:47 PM) *

Hi! Swarapriya,

Thanks for uploading

You're very welcome Harshji. Cheers.

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 3 2014, 06:33 AM
Post #844

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Ek Do Teen Chaar (1980)

Vijay Anand launched this movie in 70's with an all star cast that included Hema Malini, Rakhee, Parveen Babi, Tina Munim, Dev Anad, Dharmendra, Shashi Kapoor, Amjad Khan & Rishi Kapoor. Vijay Anand was producing as well as directing it. But for various reasons it got shelved. One last attempt to revive the project was in 1980. I am not sure any part of the film was ever shot. Deaths of various actors including Vijay himself finally shelved the movie for good.

If anyone else has more particulars, about who the music director was, whether any songs were ever recorded, etc please fill us in. Thank you.

Here is a still with part of the cast at the shooting of the film...

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Apr 3 2014, 06:37 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 12 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #845

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Lootmaar (1980)

After the average success met with his previous effort “Des Pardes (1978)”, Dev assembled almost all of the same cast and technicians to make this film. But the film fared poorly. Its music also did only slightly better thanks mainly to the solo by Asha, “Jab Chhaaye”. This was a chartbuster and still considered to be one of her most popular songs. Here is this and other songs from this film in two back-to-back posts…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 12 2014, 06:10 PM
Post #846

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Lootmaar (1980)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album including Ashaji's chart buster "Jab Chhaaye"...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 23 2014, 08:08 PM
Post #847

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Dev) Man Pasand (1980)

This movie was based on the multiple award winning hit English musical “My Fair Lady (1964)”. The English film was based George Bernard Shaw’s acclaimed play “Pygmalion” that starred Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison. In the Hindi film Tina Munim reprised the role of Audrey Hepburn and Dev Anand that of Rex Harrison. Dev’s introduction of the movie I am uploading here talks about this.

For a musical that it is supposed to be the film fits the bill. There are several fine songs in the movie that became very popular. For Rajesh Roshan who is the music director of the film this was his third one in a row for Dev Anand. The other two were “Des Pardes (1978)” and “Lootmaar (1980)”. Amit Khanna was a lyricist for all three films. Also, Tina Munim is in all of these three films.

My favorite songs from the album are “Chaaru Chandra” and “Sa Re Ga Ma”. Incidentally these two songs have some overlap between them. I am uploading these and other songs from the film in two back-to-back posts.

Here is the first set of songs…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Apr 23 2014, 08:17 PM
Post #848

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Man Pasand (1980)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this fine album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 55 56 57 58 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 02:16 PM