Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Shair Aur Sargam

, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists

143 Pages V « < 39 40 41 42 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Shair Aur Sargam, Songs From Movies of 7 Great Lyricists
swarapriya
post Oct 26 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #592

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(Majrooh) Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)

This album consists of 15 songs. I am uploading 13 of them here. Two missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these songs if they can. Thank you.

Unfortunately some of the songs I am uploading here are of only fair quality. Most of this problem stems from hissing noise. I tried to eliminate as much as possible but still the noise remains.

I am not sure about singer assignments of two of the songs. In the song “Sone Ka Laddu” is it Asha or is it Meena Kapoor? Also in the song “Taqdeer Ki Chidiya” is there a third singer? If so, is it Sudha Malhotra? If it is Malhotra, this will be a rarity. The only other song she sang with Kishoreda was the smashing beauty “Aaj Mujhe Kuchh Kehna Hai” in the 1960 film “Girl Friend”. I am requesting our members to help clarify the correctness of the singer assignments for the two songs mentioned. Thank you kindly again.

I am uploading these songs in two back-to-back posts. Here is the first set…

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 26 2013, 01:04 PM
Post #593

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Paisa Hi Paisa (1956)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ramanr
post Oct 27 2013, 06:47 AM
Post #594

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

Dear Swarapriya

Thanks for the uploads.

As far as I can tell, "Le Lo Pyar Ka Laddu" is part of "Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu". Can this be confirmed

Thanks
Raman
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 27 2013, 12:00 PM
Post #595

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(ramanr @ Oct 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya

Thanks for the uploads.

As far as I can tell, "Le Lo Pyar Ka Laddu" is part of "Le Lo Sone Ka Laddu". Can this be confirmed

Thanks
Raman

My Dear Raman,

Strictly speaking you are correct. The "Sone Ka" starting at 4:00 minute mark somewhat parallels "Pyaar Ka". In "Sone" there is cross-talk by some of the characters. In "Pyaar" there is no interference as there is no cross-talk. Also, "Pyaar" is 35 seconds longer. May be I should have marked them as part 1 and part 2 of the same song. That thought occurred to me while preparing these songs but somehow made a decision to upload them as separate.

I will leave things as they are taking your comment at heart.

Thanks & cheers,
S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 27 2013, 12:44 PM
Post #596

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Rajinder Krishan) Lehren (1953)

I am uploading some of the songs from this album below. Most of these were contributed by one of our Forum members, late Erum Hashmi. Thank you Erum. May your soul rest in peace.

It seems like that at least four songs listed in red italics in the table below are missing. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you.

Please note that the quality of some of these songs is very poor.

Here are the songs I have...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
ramanr
post Oct 27 2013, 02:10 PM
Post #597

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 37

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 26 2013, 11:30 PM) *

QUOTE(ramanr @ Oct 26 2013, 06:17 PM) *

Dear Swarapriya

Thanks for the uploads.

Thanks
Raman

My Dear Raman,

Strictly speaking you are correct. The "Sone Ka" starting at 4:00 minute mark somewhat parallels "Pyaar Ka". In "Sone" there is cross-talk by some of the characters. In "Pyaar" there is no interference as there is no cross-talk. Also, "Pyaar" is 35 seconds longer. May be I should have marked them as part 1 and part 2 of the same song. That thought occurred to me while preparing these songs but somehow made a decision to upload them as separate.

I will leave things as they are taking your comment at heart.

Thanks & cheers,
S

Thanks for the clarification. I will modify my list to reflect this reality, of 2 different songs.

+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Oct 27 2013, 11:47 PM
Post #598

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 27 2013, 01:44 PM) *

I am uploading some of the songs from this album below. Most of these were contributed by one of our Forum members, late Erum Hashmi. Thank you Erum. May your soul rest in peace.

It seems like that at least four songs listed in red italics in the table below are missing. I am requesting members to share these if they can. Thank you.

one song from my list
53-lehrain-mere raja ke nainon-shamshad begum & hemant kumar-c ramchandra-rajaindra krishan-192 br-3,28 mins.
taiyab
+Quote Post
taiyab53
post Oct 28 2013, 12:01 AM
Post #599

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 8060

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 26 2013, 01:44 PM) *

This album consists of 15 songs. I am uploading 13 of them here. Two missing songs are shown in red italics in the table below. I am requesting members to share these songs if they can. Thank you.

Unfortunately some of the songs I am uploading here are of only fair quality. Most of this problem stems from hissing noise. I tried to eliminate as much as possible but still the noise remains.

I am not sure about singer assignments of two of the songs. In the song “Sone Ka Laddu” is it Asha or is it Meena Kapoor? Also in the song “Taqdeer Ki Chidiya” is there a third singer? If so, is it Sudha Malhotra? If it is Malhotra, this will be a rarity. The only other song she sang with Kishoreda was the smashing beauty “Aaj Mujhe Kuchh Kehna Hai” in the 1960 film “Girl Friend”. I am requesting our members to help clarify the correctness of the singer assignments for the two songs mentioned. Thank you kindly again.

according to HFGK the song TAQDEER KI CHIDIYA is sung by MEENA KAPOOR (PROBABLY)
The song SONE KA LADDU is having 2 parts, 1 st part is sung by LATAJI & ASHAJI & KISHOREJI
2nd part is sung by RAFI SAHAB & KISHOREJI (as per HFGK)
taiyab

This post has been edited by taiyab53: Oct 28 2013, 12:02 AM
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 28 2013, 05:34 AM
Post #600

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 27 2013, 11:17 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 27 2013, 01:44 PM) *

one song from my list
53-lehrain-mere raja ke nainon-shamshad begum & hemant kumar-c ramchandra-rajaindra krishan-192 br-3,28 mins.
taiyab

Thank you very much for the song, Taiyab. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 28 2013, 05:35 AM
Post #601

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(taiyab53 @ Oct 27 2013, 11:31 AM) *

QUOTE(swarapriya @ Oct 26 2013, 01:44 PM) *

according to HFGK the song TAQDEER KI CHIDIYA is sung by MEENA KAPOOR (PROBABLY)
The song SONE KA LADDU is having 2 parts, 1 st part is sung by LATAJI & ASHAJI & KISHOREJI
2nd part is sung by RAFI SAHAB & KISHOREJI (as per HFGK)
taiyab

Thanks for the clarification Taiyab. Cheers. -S

+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 28 2013, 08:42 PM
Post #602

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(Shailendra) Shree 420 (1955)

This was another fine offering from the great film craftsman Raj Kapoor. It was a joint collaboration between Raj Kapoor and K.A. Abbas, who were so successful with their previous venture “Awara (1951)”. This movie was a precursor to "Jagte Raho" which came just one year after “420”. Both movies had almost parallel themes. A stranger comes to a new town and loses his way in the big city. In the case of 420, the stranger was an educated man with a simple heart. Soon he finds the urge for making some quick money irresistible and is lured into doing shady work. This was the story of a man caught in conflict between the good conscience stemming from high self-esteem on one side and enticing material aspirations on the other side. In the end his good nature prevails and his true love triumphs.

The movie has some of the most memorable music composed by Shankar & Jaikishan. Each song is a sparkling gem. The song "Mera Joota Hai" was an international phenomenon. One of the most beautifully picturized romantic scene in rain was the song "Pyaar Hua". Young Rishi Kapoor makes a brief appearance in this song. "Ramayya Vastavayya" was another song that was a rage. "Vastavayya" is a Telugu word meaning "will you come?” Shankar, with his Hyderabad background, had songs sprinkled with an occasional Telugu word (for example the song “Naach Re Mann Batkamma” in “Rajkumar (1964)” – “Batkamma” is Telugu word and the “Hum Kaale Hain” from “Gumnaam (1965)”. This song contains the word “Tandaana”, a Telugu word). A newspaper account said that Shankar, a longtime resident of Hyderabad, while driving in the city streets heard some construction workers singing a song and humming this word. He decided to use the word right away in the “Ramayya” song he was composing at that time.

Shailendra also recounts how "Mud Mud Ke" song came about. One fine evening he was taking a stroll in a park in Mumbai with his friends Shankar and Jaikishan. They couldn’t help notice a beautiful woman who happened to come across their path. Jaikishan, still a bachelor, turned back several times to get another glimpse of the woman. This gave inspiration to Shailendra to create the song on the spot. Incidentally, both Shailendra and Jaikishan appear briefly in the film. Jaikishan was in two scenes as a boyfriend of Nadira. He could be seen in the song “Mud Mud Ke” shaking hand with Raj.

Interestingly, even though Mukesh was settled by this time as the voice of Raj, Shankar & Jaikishan utilize the talent of Manna Dey in three songs for him for playback. These are absolute delights, the solo “Dil Ka Haal Sune Dilwaala”, and the duets “Mud Mud Ke Na Dekh” and “Pyaar Hua Ikraar Hua”. Especially the duet “Pyaar Hua” is a song for the ages. It is one lovely romantic song with some unforgettable music. The vibes from this song leave you with a glowing youthful feeling.

I am uploading these songs, some specials, and several instrumentals of the songs in back-to-back five posts. The first two posts contain songs and some music clips from the film. The third post also contains few specials. The final two posts contain several instrumentals.

A note about the song “Pyaar Hua”. This appears in two versions in the second post. The shorter version is from an original soundtrack album. The second, longer version is from the movie itself. However, this one is not available on any CD I know of or any DVD. It has some extra vocals that are absent from the other two media. Unfortunately the audio of this extra from 2:09 to 2:32 is weak and easily noticeable from rest of the song. Apart from that blemish rest of the song is in good shape.

Here are the details of the songs in the first post and the songs themselves …

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 28 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #603

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Shree 420 (1955)"...

Here are rest of the songs and some music clips from the film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 28 2013, 09:13 PM
Post #604

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Some Specials of "Shree 420 (1955)"...

Here are some specials related to songs from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 28 2013, 09:36 PM
Post #605

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Instrumentals of the Songs from "Shree 420 (1955)"...

Here are some of the instrumentals of the songs from this fine musical...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Oct 28 2013, 09:55 PM
Post #606

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

More Instrumentals of the Songs from "Shree 420 (1955)"...

Here are some more instrumentals of the songs from this great album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

143 Pages V « < 39 40 41 42 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 03:45 AM