Visit our other dedicated websites
Asha Bhonsle Geeta Dutt Hamara Forums Hamara Photos Kishore Kumar Mohd Rafi Nice Songs Shreya Ghoshal
Hamara Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Legends Of Telugu Cinema

, NTR and ANR

12 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Legends Of Telugu Cinema, NTR and ANR
swarapriya
post Aug 17 2011, 01:50 AM
Post #62

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Angels
Member No.: 36307

(ANR) Devadas (1953) - A Tamil Classic

This classic film will be forever remembered for one of the greatest performances given by any actor. ANR, in the title role, was so phenomenally great that the pathos, the sorrow, the suffering he showed still haunt me. An unforgettable experience.

I wrote a detailed write up on the Telugu version of this film, "Devadasu (1953)", in this Forum sometime back. Because both Telugu and Tamil versions were simultaneously made with just about the same star cast, that write up is also an apt description for the Tamil version. You can read this in the "Muse & Music" thread in the "Sangeet ke Sitarey" directory at the following location...

https://www.hamaraforums.com/index.php?show...7140&st=355

I am uploading songs from the Tamil film here on request in two back-to-back posts. The songs are complete except for part 1 of "O O O O Devada". If anyone of you can share this I will be thankful.

Here are the songs in the first post. I am also including in this post a private recording by Rama Krishna of the song "Santhosham Tharum".

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 17 2011, 01:56 AM
Post #63

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Devadas (1953) - A Tamil Classic"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this unforgettable album from an unforgettable film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 17 2011, 01:37 PM
Post #64

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(ANR) Palnati Yuddham (1947)

In 40's most of the Telugu films recruited those performers who knew how to sing as well. This was a requirement as playback did not catch on yet. In these old films, therefore, you see most of the old-timers not only could act but sing as well. Take for example this movie made in 1947, the year India gained independence from the British rule. In this both the heroine, S. Vara Lakshmi as well as the hero Nageshwara Rao (ANR) sang their songs. There is also Kannamba, a fine actress and singer as well. She acted in nearly 150 films, both in Telugu and Tamil. She had her own production company and produced nearly 25 films. She played Nagamma in this movie and sang several songs.

ANR, though an established actor by this time, was still an eligible bachelor during the filming of this movie. He and S. Vara Lakshmi fell in love during its production. Their romance continued for some time. But ANR got cold feet as he faced pressure from his well-wishers and relatives not to go ahead with his proposed marriage to Vara Lakshmi. He backed off and later married a woman selected by his family members.

I am uploading songs from this film in two back-to-back posts. I am still missing several songs and these are listed in the second post. Here is a word of caution. Because these songs are very old, their quality is uneven. It appears like some of these were recorded from 78 RPM records. The noises in some of the songs give this away. In spite of this, the overall audibility of the songs is passable.

Here are the songs in the first post...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 17 2011, 01:43 PM
Post #65

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Palnati Yuddham (1947)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this album. It appears like that I may be missing four songs shown in red italics in the table below. If you can, please kindly share any missing songs. Thank you.

Now for the songs...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 18 2011, 03:15 AM
Post #66

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(ANR & NTR) Samsaaram (1950)

The year 1950 saw Nageshwara Rao and Rama Rao, both to be future super stars of Telugu cinema, act in two movies together. “Palletoori Pilla” was one of them. This was the other film. Both were jubilee hits. This was directed by the venerable L.V. Prasad, another future producer and director of several great films in Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi.

Lakshmi Rajyam, who starred opposite Rama Rao in this film, went onto establish her own production company and made several hit movies, including the classic “Narthanashala (1963)”. The other heroine, who acted opposite Nageshwara Rao, was Pushpalatha. Interestingly, Savithri, another future great actress to be, was cast originally for this role. It was first for Savithri. She came from her place in Vijayawada all the way to make her debut in this movie, but became very nervous to shoot any scenes with Nageshwara Rao, who was an already established actor. After several days of shooting, director Prasad decided to drop her and give that role to Pushpalatha. Savithri did appear in this movie as one of the friends of Pushpalatha for a song scene and had one dialogue. You can read all this account and how Savithri overcame this unexpected hardship to become one of the greatest actresses of our times by visiting the website dedicated in memory of her. The website is: www.savithri.info

There are 13 songs in this film. Most of them became chartbusters. One of the songs, “Kala Nijmaayega”, was a copy of the hit song from Raj Kapoor’s “Barsaat (1949)”. The song was “Jiya Beqaraar Hai” sung by Lata. I am uploading all 13 songs in two back-to-back posts. Here are the songs in the first post…

This post has been edited by swarapriya: Sep 10 2011, 01:57 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 18 2011, 03:23 AM
Post #67

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Concluding Songs from "Samsaaram (1950)"...

Here are the rest of the songs from this popular album...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Aug 18 2011, 09:29 PM
Post #68

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 133351

Thanks a lot SP for the albums

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 19 2011, 03:46 AM
Post #69

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Aug 18 2011, 08:59 AM) *

Thanks a lot SP for the albums

You're welcome. I have more coming from your list of the missing albums...

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 19 2011, 04:09 AM
Post #70

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

(ANR) Rathnamala (1948)

Bhanumathi, one of the most versatile actresses of Telugu films, established her own production company along with her director-husband Rama Krishna Rao and made this maiden film under that banner, "Bharani Pictures". She was a gifted singer, actress, humorist, writer, producer, director, music director, and was equally at ease with both Telugu and Tamil languages in which she appeared or made several noteworthy movies. In the middle of all this fame and fortune, she enrolled in the school to finish the Doctorate degree in Telugu literature. She was truly a remarkable and awesomely talented woman.

I am uploading some of the songs from this film below. A couple of them, noted in the table below, are of pretty bad quality. I tried to clean them but without much success. Because these songs are so rare, I am including them here compromising on their quality. Also, I am also pretty sure that these songs are not complete. If anyone of you have any of the missing songs from this film, please share.

One of the character actors of Telugu films, C.S.R. Anjaneyulu sang several songs in this film. I am uploading one of his songs "Aagave Maradala" with and without the introduction. I am not confident who the person giving this introduction is, but I thought it might be the hero of this film, Nageshwara Rao himself. If someone can throw more light on this I will be thankful.

Here are the songs I have from this film...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Aug 19 2011, 08:22 PM
Post #71

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

Thanks SP for the album.

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Aug 19 2011, 08:26 PM
Post #72

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[NTR]

I dont have any songs from the following albums Chandirani(Tamil), ChandiRani(Hindi), Chandra Haaram, Chandra Haaram(Tamil), Vaddante Dabbu, Todu Dongalu, Rechukka, Raju Peda, Sangham, Sangham (Tamil), Parivartana, Iddaru Pellalu, Vijayagauri, Cherapakura Cheduvu

This post has been edited by Abdur Rehman: Aug 19 2011, 08:27 PM

Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Aug 19 2011, 08:39 PM
Post #73

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[NTR]AGGI RAMUDU-1954

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Aug 19 2011, 08:55 PM
Post #74

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[NTR]MISSAMMA-1955

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
Abdur Rehman
post Aug 19 2011, 09:13 PM
Post #75

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

[NTR]JAYA SIMHA-1955

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
Regards

Seshadri
+Quote Post
swarapriya
post Aug 19 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #76

Dedicated Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(Abdur Rehman @ Aug 19 2011, 07:56 AM) *

[NTR]

I dont have any songs from the following albums Chandirani(Tamil), ChandiRani(Hindi), Chandra Haaram, Chandra Haaram(Tamil), Vaddante Dabbu, Todu Dongalu, Rechukka, Raju Peda, Sangham, Sangham (Tamil), Parivartana, Iddaru Pellalu, Vijayagauri, Cherapakura Cheduvu

Seshadri,

I have several of the Telugu albums you have listed here. My problem is that I haven't kept up with your earlier requests and hoping to upload some more of them. If you can slow down the pace of your requests a bit and list a couple or so at a time, that will give some breathing room.

Please take this only as a suggestion and you're at liberty to proceed the way you like.

Cheers,
S
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version | Disclaimer | HF Guidelines | Be An Angel Time is now: 24th May 2024 - 01:53 PM